Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 Full story: NBC Chicago 17,567

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13895 Nov 24, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Because children are always more secure if they have unmarried parents?
No, silly Questy, children do best when raised by their own married biological mother and father in a stable home.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#13897 Nov 24, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No, silly Questy, children do best when raised by their own married biological mother and father in a stable home.
If the conditions are identical except that one set of parents is opposite-sex and the other set is Same-Sex......children do relatively well in both family settings!!!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#13898 Nov 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
If the conditions are identical except that one set of parents is opposite-sex and the other set is Same-Sex......children do relatively well in both family settings!!!
ANNNNNNNNND......The opposite sex parents are....SURPRISE... The biological mom and dad. Why do you wish to diminish the biological connection?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#13899 Nov 24, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No, slippery slope arguments hardly ever make sense. They are just a desperate attempt to deflect attention away from a flawed argument.
It doesn't make any sense to redefine marriage either.
The definition of marriage is changing. No laws are being broken, just expanded. Whether or not YOU like it is irrelevant. Keep up or get left behind, you're not that important to the bigger picture.
"The definition of marriage is changing."? Really?

Are men still men?
Women still women?
Still two sexes?
Human reproduction is still sexual?

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Or....you can marry a lesbian (assuming one would ever have you), she won't love you and your advances will be abhorrent to her. Doesn't sound like anybody will be having any fun, but if that's what you really want, go for it;0)
Hey it worked for the mayor elect of NYC. Or......

http://www.outsports.com/2011/7/14/4051542/sh...

Sheryl Swoopes, who came out as a lesbian to much fanfare in 2005, is now engaged to marry a man. Mechelle Voepel of ESPN uncovers the news and says she first learned of Swoopes' new relationship status last autumn. She writes in a recent piece on Swoopes turning 40:

Yet when Swoopes' agent mentioned to me last fall that Swoopes was "in a different situation" now, it wasn't difficult for me to guess what she was referring to. Swoopes was no longer in a relationship with a woman. She was in a relationship with a man whom she'd known for some time.

Swoopes didn't seem to want to have -- for lack of a better way to put it -- a "coming out as straight again" interview. She wasn't renouncing homosexuality or saying she wished she hadn't said what she did in 2005. But the fact remained that she was no longer in a same-sex relationship.
A lot of people are going to be confused by this, but it shouldn't come as a huge surprise. Even in 2005, Swoopes seemed uncomfortable labeling herself a lesbian after being married to a man and having a child with him. Some will use this to "prove" that being gay is just a choice. I already got this email from a lovely woman named Cherri Moore:

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#13900 Nov 24, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
ANNNNNNNNND......The opposite sex parents are....SURPRISE... The biological mom and dad. Why do you wish to diminish the biological connection?
See Pete it's NOT me who is diminishing ANY biological connection......it's YOU trying to make one set of parents MORE superior to the other and that's simply NOT correct or right!!!

You are seriously blinded by the reality of life and raising children.......a two parent raising children is the better environment but the two parents can be mom/dad, mom/mom, dad/dad, aunt/uncle, aunt/aunt, uncle/uncle or grandparents.......and there is NOTHING wrong with a single parent raising children if that happens!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#13901 Nov 24, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Swoopes seemed uncomfortable labeling herself a lesbian after being married to a man and having a child with him.
It's called being BISEXUAL and there is NOTHING wrong with her going from one gender to another......I know lots of folks who are bisexual and they can go from men to women and it's NO big thing for them!!!!

Thanks for showing your ignorance on the issue!!!
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13902 Nov 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, your point? Most know what the term means and still you believe that some purposely go looking to get infected and if that be truthful, then those individuals are still stupid and careless......plain and simple!!!
OK, I'm fairly certain the citation you are looking for is somewhere on this page: http://unix.rulez.org/~calver/fun/sex.html
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13903 Nov 24, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're redoubling on stupid? You still insist that two adults choosing to love one another is morally equivalent to adults forcing themselves sexually upon unwilling partners or manipulating children? Talk about a moral vacuum: As I said, it's between you ears.
And yet the oldest and most well established Gay Man's Advocacy Group in the Nation, NAMBLA, disagrees.
"Sex before 8 or it's too late." Isn't THAT what you people say?

Check the link:
http://www.libertynews.com/2013/11/outrageous...
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13904 Nov 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You really believe that it was ELLEN who was at fault for that relationship fiasco? I think Ellen got the better end of the deal with Portia Rossi.......at least their marriage is NOT based on some gimmick or game as I believe it was with Heche.......and Heche's life was NOT ruined then or now......she has always been Bisexual and she remains that way today and seems very happy with the path her life took......so, in essence it was a win-win for both women!!!
So YOU say. Victimizations regularly occur.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/why-do-all-t...
MR REAL

United States

#13905 Nov 24, 2013
http://
www.twodollarclick.com/index.php ?
ref=opeyemix

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#13906 Nov 24, 2013
Old Friend of the Family wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't know what The Onion is, do ya? It's NOT an actual official news source......but thanks for the humor!!!
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13907 Nov 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't know what The Onion is, do ya? It's NOT an actual official news source......but thanks for the humor!!!
Speaking of humor, was Broke-back Mountain SUPPOSED to be a comedy?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#13908 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
You pull an article from The Onion to make some point and when you get shown up for posting a spoof......you get upset and make fun of a movie that was based on a true story.......you are funny!!!
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13909 Nov 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You pull an article from The Onion to make some point and when you get shown up for posting a spoof......you get upset and make fun of a movie that was based on a true story.......you are funny!!!
THIS was based on a true story?

That's the funniest sh!t I've ever seen in my life! Where's the KY, the 12 pack, and the lie the next day that "I was too drunk to know what I was doing?"

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#13910 Nov 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage means more wasteful government spending on entitlements for a new class of same sex dependent beneficiaries, intrusive new regulations around marriage making husband and wife gender neutral and higher taxes to pay for those entitlements and new litigation.
If you care about small government, keep marriage one man and one woman. Marriage isn't for everyone.
Don't you get tired of being the village idiot?

Location hidden

#13911 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Apparently OFOTF is too stupid to know that the Onion is satire!!! What a moron!!

Location hidden

#13913 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm so happy your mom didn't abort you like she planned. You're a hoot!!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13916 Nov 24, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Not always. Some children are orphans. Some have been removed from their biological homes because of the toxic environment created by their parents.

Littleton, NH

#13917 Nov 24, 2013
As a Counselor in a Public High School I have the unfortunate task of informing you that the message of safe sex had NOT reached the next generation. Below is an all too common story heard in my office. I'll call the deceived 14 year old boy "nhjeff".
"An older man approached me after school to return to his house and play video games. One thing led to another and before I knew it we were barebacking (He claimed black men are allergic to latex. It makes them itch).
Well halfway through the deed he shrieked "I have AIDS!) I tried to buck him off, but he was too strong for me. Afterwards, in tears, I asked him why he had done this. He merely lit a Newport and said one word "reparations".
I try my best to steer these boys away from a self destructive lifestyle.
It is a shame that anyone as vindictive and dishonest as you has any responsibility at all for counseling children. Unfortunately, you're probably not even the worst. But that doesn't mean you aren't doing plenty of damage.

Want to do something wonderful for the kids in your school? Find a new line of work.

Littleton, NH

#13918 Nov 24, 2013
I forgot to mention racist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
End of the road for Freedom to Marry, NOM? 13 min Rick in Kansas 1
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 28 min NorCal Native 38
Study: Gay marriages could help Arkansas economy 2 hr Christian Taliban 1
Evangelicals with gay children challenging church 2 hr nhjeff 24
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 9 hr Matt9969 74
Same-sex marriage could increase Minnesota's an... 11 hr Liberal Lover 6
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 15 hr Just Asking 31,423

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE