Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17552 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#104 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
This intolerant bigot just insulted the faith of millions and he claims others are spreading bigotry...
Wrong, deluded lady. What I am insulting is people who exploit their religion to try to justify their prejudices.
I have no quarrel with Christians who behave in a truly charitable Christian manner. That ain't you honey, no matter what you'd like to think.

I am offended by your holier-than-thou attitude, and will do whatever I can to nullify the harm you do.
Carol

Orem, UT

#105 Jan 8, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Bigoted fool!
Said the intolerant bigoted buffoon, lol.

Location hidden

#106 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
I was raised in a strict Christian denomination . I have several open homosexuals in my family.
They know our beliefs and know that the relatives don't agree with their choice...
But they know that they are still loved....
as long as they don't start having sex in front of my kids or trying to do my job of teaching my kids about relationships and sex....
I don't care what they do with their life...
It's not a f''king "choice", dimwit.
Carol

Orem, UT

#107 Jan 8, 2013
This bigoted nut, Lawrence W, is angry because I said no one wanted to know what homosexuals did in their bedroom.
Carol

Orem, UT

#108 Jan 8, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, deluded lady. What I am insulting is people who exploit their religion to try to justify their prejudices.
I have no quarrel with Christians who behave in a truly charitable Christian manner. That ain't you honey, no matter what you'd like to think.
I am offended by your holier-than-thou attitude, and will do whatever I can to nullify the harm you do.
Listen Intolerant bigot, you need to learn to live your pathetic life and stop trying to take away freedom of religion and speech from the masses.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#109 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah real open minded...all Christians and Catholics should throw away their faith/beliefs because a small segment of people with abnormal lusts say so...
Sit down ignorant, narrow minded bigot and stop doing what you claim others are doing.
Well; sugar; it won't be the first time the extremists had to give it up
http://m0.i.pbase.com/o6/04/318004/1/73285000...
Carol

Orem, UT

#110 Jan 8, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It's not a f''king "choice", dimwit.
So all homosexuals are being raped into that lifestyle...

You make zero sense...

I chose my husband and he chose me...

Homosexuals aren't being forced to sex the same gender, its a choice...

Except for the 1000s of kids and prisoners who are being raped into that lifestyle.
Carol

Orem, UT

#111 Jan 8, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, deluded lady. What I am insulting is people who exploit their religion to try to justify their prejudices.
You're an intolerant bigot.
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#113 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen Intolerant bigot, you need to learn to live your pathetic life and stop trying to take away freedom of religion and speech from the masses.
Drama Queen.
PARSON BROWNE

Hamersville, OH

#114 Jan 8, 2013
homosexuals are headed for hell if they don't change
their ways.Homosexuality is an abhorrence to God.
Carol

Orem, UT

#115 Jan 8, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Drama Queen.
Just imitating the typical homosexual talking points.

Location hidden

#116 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah real open minded...all Christians and Catholics should throw away their faith/beliefs because a small segment of people with abnormal lusts say so...
Sit down ignorant, narrow minded bigot and stop doing what you claim others are doing.
Your intense stupidity is obviously of the impenetrable sort. This dance is over, but be assured, I will continue to defend against any kind of impact people like you may have, and to fight for the rights of those in our society who are being bullied, whether sexually, ethnically, racially, and yes, even religiously.

Location hidden

#117 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
This bigoted nut, Lawrence W, is angry because I said no one wanted to know what homosexuals did in their bedroom.
Neither do I, and I also don't want to know what you do in yours. The whole point is to stay the hell out of other people's business.

Location hidden

#118 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So all homosexuals are being raped into that lifestyle...
You make zero sense...
I chose my husband and he chose me...
Homosexuals aren't being forced to sex the same gender, its a choice...
Except for the 1000s of kids and prisoners who are being raped into that lifestyle.
Your kind of ignorance should be criminalized.

Location hidden

#119 Jan 8, 2013
PARSON BROWNE wrote:
homosexuals are headed for hell if they don't change
their ways.Homosexuality is an abhorrence to God.
Bigots are headed for an eternity of Barry Manilow recordings.
Carol

Orem, UT

#120 Jan 8, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Your intense stupidity is obviously of the impenetrable sort. This dance is over, but be assured, I will continue to defend against any kind of impact people like you may have, and to fight for the rights of those in our society who are being bullied, whether sexually, ethnically, racially, and yes, even religiously.
Yawn you're an intolerant bigot.

Location hidden

#121 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an intolerant bigot.
Is there any other kind?
Carol

Orem, UT

#122 Jan 8, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Your kind of ignorance should be criminalized.
Said the intolerant arrogant bigot
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#123 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just imitating the typical homosexual talking points.
No you aren't, liar. You are imitating talking points from the idiot farm..
Carol

Orem, UT

#124 Jan 8, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Bigots are headed for an eternity of Barry Manilow recordings.
You're the bigot nitwit, you're talking about yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1 step forward, 2 steps back for LBGT rights in... 8 min Big Boob Babe 11
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Just Think 6,180
News New Art Therapy Studio Draws on Power of Expres... 19 hr Dive4lifeblue 2
News Daycare worker, 23, is charged with the murder Sun Fit2Serve 2
News Church of Scotland moves closer to letting mini... Fri Pope Closet Emeritus 2
News From the Mouth of Muhammad: 'Allah Will Wed Me ... May 26 Muslims lie all t... 2
News Taiwan court legalizes gay marriage in historic... May 24 The Wheeze of Trump 5
More from around the web