Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17552 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

sickofit

Austin, MN

#1079 Jan 12, 2013
aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>
So, do tell, are you a constitutional lawyer to make that judgement.
It's not my perception, it's the laws we have in place. Until I'm discriminated in a court of law, I don't sweat the small stuff.
And I'm sure not about to change my religious beliefs to make someone feel good and so that they feel equal. That's not my job.
DAM YOU NAZI!!!!!!!!!! Dont you get you dont have to change yoru beliefs...JUST LET OTHERS HAVE THERE BELIEFS..........

Good gawd you religous freaks are dumb and a stump..........NO ONE WANTS YOUR APPROVAL OR FOR YOU TO CHANGE.....JUST WANT TO HAVE SAME AND EQUAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOM AS YOU..........GOOD LORD YOUR RETARDED..

You need to have your head slapped around to knock some sense into you...WHEW..
Worm

Miami, FL

#1080 Jan 12, 2013
Morengo Jon,Just Think,Religionthebigli e, Anderson Pooper and Leader of the Pack are all the same person! Scammer!
sickofit

Austin, MN

#1081 Jan 12, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Courts have OVERWHELMINGLY rejected the political charade of homosexual 'marriage,' just as homosexuals themselves have overwhelmingly rejected it as an actual practice in every country that allows your concocted oxymoron.
You have failed to make any rational case for homosexual 'marriage.'
OH SHUT UP HITLER....Your side is losing and is gonna lose this subject..IN 20 YEARS SAME SEX MARRIAGE WILL BE LEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES AND I HOPE YOU NAIZ FASCIST KKK SLIMES HEAD EXPLODE.....Everytime your kind has tryed to suppress freedom you have lost....SLAVERY---LOST WOMENS RIGHTS----LOST BLACKS RIGHTS---LOST.....YOU RACIST BIGOTED PIGS ALWAYS LOSE...LOL GO DIE YOU TURD.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#1082 Jan 12, 2013
aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>
"The
American Civil Liberties...
Opps. Sorry. I thought you were a half way reasonable person, looking for a rational debate.

Again, NAMBLA is not part of any reasonable discussion. We know from decades of science and everything else, child abuse is harmful and therefore immoral. If you want to talk about child abuse, that is a different topic. As a Social Worker, I can tell you horrific tales all day of straight parents beating, boiling, burning their children and worse.

It only shows, those with no rational argument resort to irrational fear mongering, including appeals to the instinct to protect the children. And as I mentioned earlier, some only come here to bash and abuse, proving my point that discrimination and prejudice only cause harm.

Clearly, you have no argument that provides a compelling legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of the equal treatment require by the constitution not already considered and rejected by the courts. Looks like we're done here.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#1085 Jan 12, 2013
"In the courtís final analysis, the governmentís only basis for supporting DOMA comes down to an apparent belief that the moral views of the majority may properly be enacted as the law of the land in regard to state-sanctioned same-sex marriage in disregard of the personal status and living conditions of a significant segment of our pluralistic society. Such a view is not consistent with the evidence or the law as embodied in the Fifth Amendment with respect to the thoughts expressed in this decision. The court has no doubt about its conclusion: DOMA deprives them of the equal protection of the law to which they are entitled."
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#1086 Jan 12, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really tedious trying to reason with those of lesser intelligence. If you have such a problem determining morality, that's your problem.
Assling and her kind don't believe in human morals nor beleive in sanctity of life nor believe in freedom of other nor for human rights nor for equality nor have empathy of those who are not of her kind, nor believer in civil liberties, nor believer world peace/world stability and she a supporter of US warmonger/War supporter/ war-for-profiteering enterprise/ War arms- weapons manufacturers/war investors. soldiers-of-fortune...and she anti-for-peace American, Anti-World...
Worm

Miami, FL

#1087 Jan 12, 2013
Do they wipe their face with toilet paper?
Worm wrote:
Did you know they eat shitt? I can't believe it!
<quoted text>

“The Truth--Its Out there”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1089 Jan 12, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Assling and her kind don't believe in human morals nor beleive in sanctity of life nor believe in freedom of other nor for human rights nor for equality nor have empathy of those who are not of her kind, nor believer in civil liberties, nor believer world peace/world stability and she a supporter of US warmonger/War supporter/ war-for-profiteering enterprise/ War arms- weapons manufacturers/war investors. soldiers-of-fortune...and she anti-for-peace American, Anti-World...
I didn't know anyone could so anti. To believe that homosexuality is wrong and a sin is not being anti it is being pro- pro marriage,pro family,pro-creation.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#1090 Jan 12, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really comical when other people try to guess what we "really want."
What more societal "acceptance" could I possibly need? My family is fabulous, my friends are fabulous, my community is fabulous, TV shows with gay characters are fabulous and held up to great acclaim. What "acceptance" do you suppose I need?
When you grow up gay (especially in years past) you learn very quickly to live without "acceptance" in certain regards.
You have an audience of gay people here. Why not take the opportunity to ask questions rather than issue proclomations based on misinformation or no iformation?
People put on mask to hide their true feelings. Know one have to guess what the gay agenda is just use common sense. It is human nature for people to want to be seen as normal whether it is race, gender, physical, behavior and more. The cry from gays is I am normal. Coming out of the closet. Accept me as normal. Gay pride parades. Accept me as normal. Let me marry. Accept me as normal. This is the cry from the gay community. We will use the law to make everyone see us as normal. If we can not get our way we will take it to court. This is a cry for social acceptance.
Quest

Culpeper, VA

#1091 Jan 12, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
People who believe in God's laws still have the right to vote, freedom of religion and speech.
Unless of course you are voting to harm other Americans based on on your animus and religious beliefs. If there is no rational reason for discrimination other than your own personal religious belief, then you must expect a fight.

If you do such a vile thing, expect a flurry of costly lawsuits that overturn your vote.

God Bless America!

And be glad it's this way. I suspect you would not like living under Sharia Law, if other Americans wanted to impose it on YOU, believing that it would save your soul.
Quest

Culpeper, VA

#1092 Jan 12, 2013
the light has come wrote:
<quoted text> People put on mask to hide their true feelings. Know one have to guess what the gay agenda is just use common sense. It is human nature for people to want to be seen as normal whether it is race, gender, physical, behavior and more. The cry from gays is I am normal. Coming out of the closet. Accept me as normal. Gay pride parades. Accept me as normal. Let me marry. Accept me as normal. This is the cry from the gay community. We will use the law to make everyone see us as normal. If we can not get our way we will take it to court. This is a cry for social acceptance.
That happens because we ARE normal. And we will use every legal means necessary to ensure that we have ALL of the same legal protections, opportunities, and basic civil and human rights that every other Americans demands.

We will protect ourselves, our children, and every gay kid out there.

That is a completely normal stance, and it's shared by every other American.
Quest

Culpeper, VA

#1093 Jan 12, 2013
Worm wrote:
Good Article!
<quoted text>
The article makes no sense.

If you promote the idea that gay people should remain in the closet and marry heterosexuals as a nice cover, or for the benefits, in loveless marriages of convenience, I HOPE that you would support your child entering into such a marriage, and even encourage them.

If you are only promoting it for the children of others, you would be a hypocrite.
Quest

Culpeper, VA

#1094 Jan 12, 2013
Samatha wrote:
Dissecting the 'gay' marriage charade
Published: 03/07/2012 at 7:51 PM
Anyone in the United States can participate in the institution of marriage Ė if they choose to do so.
Homosexuals donít usually choose to do so because they usually donít want to be married to members of the opposite sex. But itís their choice.
Don't all married straight folks CHOOSE the person they will marry?

The article makes no sense.

If you promote the idea that gay people should remain in the closet and marry heterosexuals as a nice cover, or for the benefits, in loveless marriages of convenience, I HOPE that you would support your child entering into such a marriage, and even encourage them to do so.

Do you REALLY believe that marrying for convenience to a person you can never be attracted to and romantically love is a sound option?

Would you accept it for yourself? Your child?

If you are only promoting it for the children of others, you would be a hypocrite.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1095 Jan 12, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
And yet, some come here just to bash and abuse.
That's called BDSM
They're getting their jollies

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#1096 Jan 12, 2013
Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
<quoted text>.....so is one of u more masculine and the other more feminine?.........and do u both take the more masculine one's second name?.........
.....the sh** is too funny..........
In case a normal person reading had the same question...

No, neither of us is more feminine. We are two men. We kept our own names. Nothing funny about it (except to you, Beavis.)
the light has come

Danville, IL

#1097 Jan 12, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That happens because we ARE normal. And we will use every legal means necessary to ensure that we have ALL of the same legal protections, opportunities, and basic civil and human rights that every other Americans demands.
We will protect ourselves, our children, and every gay kid out there.
That is a completely normal stance, and it's shared by every other American.
You may see yourself as normal but society as a whole do not. If society seen gay relationships as normal we would not be talking about it. single parents and their children whether gay or straight have legal protection. The cost of raising children is the same. So marriage is not a requirement to raise children. Marriage has always been recognize as opposite gender. There is no law that will create social acceptance. A gay marriage will never be look upon as a normal marriage. It will always be seen as a gay marriage.
Quest

Culpeper, VA

#1098 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>You may see yourself as normal but society as a whole do not. If society seen gay relationships as normal we would not be talking about it........
Actually the pols show you to be wrong.

Gay relationships are normal for GAY PEOPLE. If you are straight, they would not be normal for YOU. And, it is NEVER wise to try to project your own traits needs on others.

What is abnormal is when gay people feel the need to pretend to be straight and form sham relationships with heterosexuals, just to appease people like yourself - a hypocrites who would NEVER wish such a relationship on themselves or their kids, but only promote them for strangers.

Does that help you to understand?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#1099 Jan 12, 2013
iamcuriousnow wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know anyone could so anti. To believe that homosexuality is wrong and a sin is not being anti it is being pro- pro marriage,pro family,pro-creation.
No, that's just what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better.

It is anti-Gay, anti-God, and anti-America. You're a degenerate discriminator. Totally unAmerican and unChristian.
Quest

Culpeper, VA

#1100 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>..... There is no law that will create social acceptance. A gay marriage will never be look upon as a normal marriage. It will always be seen as a gay marriage.
Time is creating social acceptance, thank goodness, and that change has come quite quickly, as more and more gay people choose to lead authentic lives.

It's hard to fear or hate gay folks when yoru kid is gay, your co-worker is gay, or your neighbor is gay. It's much easier to fear the unknown. And the young folks in this country have MUCH less prejudice than the current generation.

Soon NO gay kid will be required to pretend to be straight and hide in a sham relationship with and unsuspecting straight person.

You should be glad of that.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#1101 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>You may see yourself as normal but society as a whole do not. If society seen gay relationships as normal we would not be talking about it. single parents and their children whether gay or straight have legal protection. The cost of raising children is the same. So marriage is not a requirement to raise children. Marriage has always been recognize as opposite gender. There is no law that will create social acceptance. A gay marriage will never be look upon as a normal marriage. It will always be seen as a gay marriage.
Yeah that crap doesn't fly anymore. Your side is in the minority now. Get used to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) 10 hr 62msmariegmailcom 39
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 12 hr No Surprise 5,417
News Continue reading O'Reilly wig comment just the ... 13 hr slick willie expl... 3
News The Orchard seeks withdrawal from UMC Tue Rod Knox 24
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) Tue jody70 276
News Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... (Jan '15) Mar 27 Monsantos Mexico 78
News Hawaii Republican resigns from party after crit... Mar 27 American_Infidel 8
More from around the web