Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17552 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6267 Jul 20, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text> there is no requirement for me to agree that what you feel is sacred must be sacred.
Nor was there a requirement of the florist to find sacred what the future spouses found sacred. Nothing was asked of the florist other than to do her job.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6268 Jul 20, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>and all of those people are just so pure in their intentions and upstanding in their ethics that they will follow these guidelines perfectly for the good of us all.
sarcasm intended
Wow. As always you have thinly veiled your response so as not to target who "those people" are. Could you elaborate please? Who are "those" people that are donating blood that have intentions other than to, oh, I don't know...donate blood. What exactly are these other "unpure" intentions specifically? How many unpure intentions are there for donating blood? 5? 100?

Please elaborate. I usually try and ignore posts that aren't specific to the topic of the thread, but you have me extremely curious as to the nefariousness of some sect of society I'm unfamiliar with. Who or what group exactly is wanting to donate blood with unpure intentions?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6269 Jul 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you meant his tax subsidized church, didn't you? why do people's faith need to be subsidized anyway? must be a weak faith...most cults are weak...
Do u mean those tax dollars with the words, "In God We Trust" on them? The same tax dollars that are used to give federal government employees, "Christmas" day off with pay? Hmmmmmm.....

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6270 Jul 20, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't. The event was a wedding. Period. It's purpose was the same as every other wedding. There was nothing unique about the event.
Its purpose was to take one man and one woman and join them in holy and/or secular matrimony as husband and wife?
Again, because of the participants, not the event.(ps - I love that you know speak for this woman and know exactly what she would or wouldn't do.)
Or lack of a particular participant, the husband.
The event will ALWAYS be the same. There is only once event. It's called marriage. Your mythical "gay marriage" doesn't exist. It's a talking point. No one gets "gay married". Sorry.
Sure they do, a gay man marries a gay woman in a gay wedding.

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6271 Jul 20, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u mean those tax dollars with the words, "In God We Trust" on them? The same tax dollars that are used to give federal government employees, "Christmas" day off with pay? Hmmmmmm.....
My dollars say Visa or rarely American Express depending on the venue.

In GOD We Trust? I don't think so.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#6272 Jul 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
And George wasn't chasing a scared teen Obama through the streets, either, after being expressly told not to by the police. Go figure. Who really "stood their ground"? The stalker, or the stalkee?
The issue isn't stalking, the jury found George innocent because of the evidence; only two wounds on Tray, bruised knuckles and a bullet wound but George's head was pounded against the pavement and his face was battered.

Tray probably attacked George out of homophobia, fear of rape. That's the testimony of Rachel Jeantel.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#6273 Jul 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly! total violations of the constitution. stuck on our money ans into our pledge , ruining the veracity of both, due to the godless commie scare....how sad a nation would react so childishly...chasing proven myths in an attempt to make themselves better than those they fear...

St. Croix valley

#6274 Jul 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I sharpie the offensive words out on my paper money...i have noticed others doing it also...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6275 Jul 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well whaddya know....just before I inserted a few coins into a vending machine for a snack...I examined the writing on the coins...."In God We Trust"

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6276 Jul 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>exactly! total violations of the constitution. stuck on our money ans into our pledge , ruining the veracity of both, due to the godless commie scare....how sad a nation would react so childishly...chasing proven myths in an attempt to make themselves better than those they fear...
See....if only those godless commies, the Ruskies, hadn't abandoned the Orthodox Church, there might have not been a need.:)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6278 Jul 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I sharpie the offensive words out on my paper money...i have noticed others doing it also...
What method do you use on your coins?

"...offensive words....."? Why not just throw out, or give away only those bills with those words on them? Besides a big outdoors he man like your self who has braved lions, and tigers and bears....oh my....can't possibly be afraid of a few words on a piece of paper....you're not fooling us!
barry

Henagar, AL

#6285 Jul 21, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you get about the cops telling him NOT to pursue him? The "kid" was in the neighborhood to visit his father and he had every right to do so! As much right to be there without getting stalked as the murderer did! The idiot should have listened to the police and stopped stalking him! Didn't he have the right to protect himself with some idiot stalking him? Any other state and the guy would be in prison for second degree murder! He should have followed the directions from the police and cease and desisted! Try again sport!
you are tweaking the facts to support your view of the situation.
1st no one told him "not to pursue him"
2nd there is no evidence that he was "pursuing him"
the dispatcher told him that "we don't need you to do that" when he explained that he was following him. following him to see where he was going to or what he was up to.
so;
3rd he was not stalking him. he was simply watching to see where he was going.
if tm had not hidden and simply kept on walking to the house of his father's girl friend gz probably would not have goten out of the car.
if tm had not ambushed him and broke his niose and beat his head against the pavement then gz probably would not have shot him.
if tm had not ambushed him.
do you have any evidence that conflicts with this?

St. Croix valley

#6286 Jul 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What method do you use on your coins?
"...offensive words....."? Why not just throw out, or give away only those bills with those words on them? Besides a big outdoors he man like your self who has braved lions, and tigers and bears....oh my....can't possibly be afraid of a few words on a piece of paper....you're not fooling us!
haven't yet found a solution for the coins...

we have no lions or tigers in northern MN, and i and not afraid of the words, they are offensive to the nation we live in and anathema to the founding goals of our nation. so basically, when we were trying to prove we were a better form of governance than the Soviets, we shat on our founding principles...sad. very sad...

St. Croix valley

#6312 Jul 21, 2013
Wow! those spam filters are working pretty well, huh?

not hard to override as the Captcha numbers always come up 666...at least they do for me...

:)

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#6321 Jul 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Sure they do, a gay man marries a gay woman in a gay wedding.
Sorry Pete, all that is known as is a Marriage that happens to include 2 men......and nothing more......their marriage license says the same thing on it that a heterosexual couple who is married in the same state would say!!!

St. Croix valley

#6322 Jul 21, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Pete, all that is known as is a Marriage that happens to include 2 men......and nothing more......their marriage license says the same thing on it that a heterosexual couple who is married in the same state would say!!!
you mean it isn't printed on pink paper with a lace border?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6323 Jul 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>haven't yet found a solution for the coins...
we have no lions or tigers in northern MN
Vikings?
, and i and not afraid of the words, they are offensive to the nation we live in
I think they were more "defensive"....again st the Godless commies.
and anathema to the founding goals of our nation.
How about "In Divine Providence We Trust"? George would've liked that.
so basically, when we were trying to prove we were a better form of governance than the Soviets
We are.
, we shat on our founding principles...sad. very sad...
I wouldn't go to that extent, but I do believe it shouldn't b on our currency. Not because it violates our founding principles, but rather its at odds with Christian teachings, not the words themselves, but their placement on currency.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6324 Jul 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean it isn't printed on pink paper with a lace border?
That's silly. Pink is for girls. Blue paper with a lace border.:)

St. Croix valley

#6325 Jul 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Vikings?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
We are.
<quoted text>
I wouldn't go to that extent, but I do believe it shouldn't b on our currency. Not because it violates our founding principles, but rather its at odds with Christian teachings, not the words themselves, but their placement on currency.
you think shitting on our constitution was a good defense against the commies? why? seems rather stupid, really...tear down your own nation to show it is better than another? stupid and cowardly...

St. Croix valley

#6326 Jul 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Vikings?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
We are.
<quoted text>
no, you should go that far as it is in clear conflict with the secular nation we were founded to be...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 11 hr Rose_NoHo 5,575
News Trump's polarizing policies push some to greate... Fri Member 7
News LGBT rights 'absolutely central' to my belief i... Apr 19 Rubio s Foam Partays 3
News Lacusong: What is your religion's ultimate goal? Apr 19 True Christian wi... 5
News 'This is the Trump era': Sessions takes aim at ... Apr 18 okimar 2
News 'We feel extremely blessed': Two women get marr... (Aug '14) Apr 18 Dysfunctional Women 124
News Yemeni child bride dies after intercourse (Apr '10) Apr 16 Rabbeen Al Jihad 608
More from around the web