Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 Full story: NBC Chicago 17,568

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Full Story
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#509 Jan 11, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another day, just another no point idiotic post by Mona...
Mona, when you say the same sh!t to everyone it really loses whatever little point it had to begin with....
I figured it was another from the Maryland thread.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#510 Jan 11, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you are demon possessed and feel the need to take your feelings of worthlessness out on others..seek help.
Demon possessed?

hahahahahahah
ahahahhahaha
ahhahahahahaha

And you expect to be taken seriously?

hahahahah
ahahahahahha
ahahahahahah
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#511 Jan 11, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably a corrupt fed from my offline situation....
your lies here are insignificant because my posts are here for all to read.
Paranoia sets in.... oooOOOooo
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#512 Jan 11, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullying is its past time, lol. Best to ignore it.
Jane can't ignore me...
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#513 Jan 11, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
When the mother is easier on the son and harder on the daughter...
The father usually was harder on the son and easier on the daughter which balanced things out.
With the father absent in so many African American homes the solution is for blk women to marry the father before having sex with him...
The solution is not to have another woman in the home as the boys are acting up because they crave the father.
Same thing, if the mother is missing, children are going to feel cheated as they see other children with their mothers.
Your crackpot theories about how children feel are not supported by science.
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#514 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying you agree with Carol?
Really?
where did i say that?
Oh right, NO WHERE...

I merely said I was going to point out your idiotic and pointless drivel every time you post it, which is basically every time you post...
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#515 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
The man writes, "I'm a gay MAN" and you reply with "you think this makes you a woman?"
Is there something about the word MAN that escapes you?
way to but into a conversation without knowing what is being said...
I would explain, but you clearly have no interest in anything but stoopid insults and snark...
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#516 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Supported by history, observation over centuries, honeybun.
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#517 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Jane can't ignore me...
I never said I was going to ignore you, in fact I said the opposite...
HOW ABOUT YOU?

how many times have you promised yourself you would ignore me?
You promised me at least once...
but it never happened...
just another lie by Mona the fraud-boy...
now named after me and poop...
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#518 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me poll 60 people of my choice and call it science...it works for you...
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#519 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering, hun.
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#520 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Demon possessed?
hahahahahahah
ahahahhahaha
ahhahahahahaha
And you expect to be taken seriously?
hahahahah
ahahahahahha
ahahahahahah
you type out that much laughter and think anyone would take YOU seriously?
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#521 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
says the dude whose argument is based on the fact that he believes a majority of people hate him...

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#522 Jan 11, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
by knowing in advance your stoopid tactic?
hardly.
Here's a tip, don't be so huffy and I will read the rest of your posts, this time, you failed.
Any excuse to not respond to a valid question, huh?

Here's the rest of that post again. I know you'll pretend you didn't read it again, but everyone else will and they'll see what a fool you're making of yourself:

You know, though. You're claim that you were called in to teach your Lesbian friend's how to pee has given me a great idea!!

Since the whole world is going to hell and our poor, long-suffering population of children are being raised by (GASP!!!) single parents and (BIGGER GASP!!) GAY PEOPLE, I'm seeing a highly lucrative business opportunity here!!

I'll call it, "Rent-A-Dad "!! I'll hire a bunch of guys with penises and rent them out to go visit the homes of single mothers and Lesbian couples that are raising young sons so they can properly teach those poor boys how to stand in front of a toilet with their dick in their hand. I do NOT know how any woman could EVER teach such a thing on her own son. NOT POSSIBLE!!! Clearly!!

But THAT'S NOT ALL!!! I'll also have a sister company (pun intended) called, "Rent-A-Mom "!!! It'll be the same thing, only it'll be a whole bunch of post-pubescent women that are WAY familiar with tampons and pads. Single fathers and gay male couples raising daughters will have a qualified vagina-owner on call 24/7 to demonstrate tampon usage at that critical moment when their daughter SO needs a mother, but the shocking selfishness of their father(s) prevents her from enjoying such wonders of the world when they need it most!

I have to hand it to you, Jane. You are freaking BRILLIANT!!! I'm going to be RICH RICH RICH!!! I might even become a gay Republican!!

Thank you SO MUCH for such a wonderful idea!!(oh, and in case you're wondering, I'm STILL making fun of you--just to be clear on that!!)

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#523 Jan 11, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
do you think this makes you a woman?
you would...
this is one of your sides FUNDAMENTAL flaws...
your still a dude, dude...
and you only think you know...
I see you deleted the important part of my comment before you tried to deflect it and change the subject.

Being that I'm a gay man, I can guarantee you that I spend FAR more time in the company of women than YOU do.

I can ALSO guarantee you that, though I've never actually touched them, I know WAY more about lady bits and how they work than you will EVER know, including the minutia of how to deal with effectively with menstrual cycles.

I can't say I *wanted* to learn about it, but I sure did!

So much for your ridiculous claim that a father couldn't possibly help his daughter through puberty. What a load of crap.
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#524 Jan 11, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Any excuse to not respond to a valid question, huh?
this is a valid question to you?

Psst, its not.
but do type it out for a third time...
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#525 Jan 11, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>

Being that I'm a gay man, I can guarantee you that I spend FAR more time in the company of women than YOU do.
Being I have a wife, I doubt it...

you only think you understand...
of this I am sure...

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#526 Jan 11, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Some single parent homes operate better than the father/mother model ...
Then why do you keep apologizing?
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But statistics show that children are benefited when both parents a father and mother are in the home.
And if you're going to continue your obsession with running your and your children's lives by statistics and other people's beliefs, without regard for what really IS best for them, given the circumstances you're all in, why NOT just head on down to the homeless shelter and pick up some guy and have him live with you?

If you really believe that simply having an adult male living in your house will automatically and magically make everything better for your children, then I would say that you're being a bad mother for not doing it, right?

Oh, yeah, he might be a mentally ill alcoholic that will spend his days drunk and beating you and your children, but hey, he's an adult and he's got a penis. Isn't that all that matters?? Isn't that what you're saying?
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Children crave normalcy... When my kids see another kid interacting with their father, of course they crave having their father again and wonder what it would be like to have a father...
Right. Of course. But you're advocating that children in need be denied loving homes because those homes don't live up to the father/mother model that YOU YOURSELF are NOT supplying to YOUR OWN children. Does that not make you a hypocrite???

Where do you get off demanding that other families be denied equal treatment because they don't live up to a standard that you, yourself, are not living up to??
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids love me their mom, but I can't fulfil the place of a father...
Only because you believe that. Again, you need to get out of your house and learn about the world. It's FULL of well-adjusted adults that were raised by single parents. Your obsession with parental gender is the biggest problem your children have, not the lack of a father.
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
so again the father/mother model provides both.
Cont.
Tell that to the 70% of children in this country being raised by single parents.

Again, you're forcing your own prejudices onto other people because YOU don't feel adequate. That's not right and you WILL harm your children if you don't get over such irrational thoughts.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#527 Jan 11, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
When the mother is easier on the son and harder on the daughter...
The father usually was harder on the son and easier on the daughter which balanced things out.
With the father absent in so many African American homes the solution is for blk women to marry the father before having sex with him...
The solution is not to have another woman in the home as the boys are acting up because they crave the father.
Same thing, if the mother is missing, children are going to feel cheated as they see other children with their mothers.
What a load of crap.

How's this?? If one parent is abusive to one child and spoils and favors the other, it's not a big deal as long as the other parent is abusive to the one being spoiled and is loving and wonderful to the one the other is abusing.

I know you don't believe that that's what you're saying, but it IS what you're saying. You're making excuses for BAD PARENTING by claiming that as long as there are parents of both genders in the house, all will be well.

Again, you NEED to get out of your house and learn how to be a decent parent and quit being obsessed with sexist myths and misinformation.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#528 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Or reality.

Ask ANY kid being raised by one, two, or more loving parents, regardless of the gender of those parents, if they would rather be raised in a father/mother family. Without fail, those children will tell you they want to stay with their loving parents.

To the people that are obsessed with parental gender(s), I've always wondered--do you have sex with your kids?? That's the one and only situation I can think of where the gender of a parent would make a difference. Beyond that, I can't for the life of me figure out how a parent's gender would matter.

I was raised in a two-parent home with one mother and one father. NOT ONCE did the gender of either of my parents make one bit of difference to me. Never, ever.

And every kid I've ever asked has always said the same thing--kids don't care about gender. They only care that they're loved and cared for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 5 min Uhgf 244
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 14 min goodvibrations 29
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 14 min Suculent-dry 25,350
Hitching Post wedding chapel sues over gay marr... 18 min nhjeff 45
With gay marriage comes question: I do or I don't 26 min EdmondWA 8
Berlusconi: Let's legalize gay civil unions 30 min Shirvell s Shrivel 11
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 50,640

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE