Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17552 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#4781 Jun 17, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Gay marriage supporters leaked confidential taxpayer information from the IRS and used that information against Romney in the last election.
Shame on them!
No, they didn't. Romeny was an idiot, and made a donation from a PAC, which reported the donation on a publicly available document.
http://www.hrc.org/blog/entry/one-of-noms-top...

You are a liar, and an idiot.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4782 Jun 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are a tiny minority. Democracy is about majority rule.
"One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections." West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette (No. 591) 47 F.Supp. 251, affirmed. 1943
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...

http://www.afer.org/blog/video-14-supreme-cou...

Tell me, is ignorance really bliss?

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4783 Jun 17, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
At least when Bush was in office the IRS wasn't targeting liberal groups.
You've yet to prove that was the case here.

"The money came via Romney’s “Free and Strong America” PAC during a time when NOM was heavily engaged in passing Proposition 8. HRC reviewed copies of Romney’s Free and Strong America PAC’s filings with the Federal Election Commission – and no contribution to NOM was disclosed in those documents. The filings are available from the FEC. But, HRC did discover an Alabama-based “Free and Strong America” PAC that in 2008 does disclose the $10,000 contribution to NOM. Available on page 3 at: http://arc-sos.state.al.us/PEL/SOSELPDF.001/E... ;

Apparently you are utterly out of touch with reality.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#4784 Jun 17, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they didn't. Romeny was an idiot, and made a donation from a PAC, which reported the donation on a publicly available document.
You are a liar, and an idiot.
Impeach Obama!!! Impeach Obama!!! Impeach Obama!!!

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4785 Jun 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
Impeach Obama!!! Impeach Obama!!! Impeach Obama!!!
On what grounds??? On what grounds??? On what grounds???

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4786 Jun 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
If the majority ruled, you'd be picking cotton right now.

Saint Louis, MO

#4787 Jun 17, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
On what grounds??? On what grounds??? On what grounds???
Impeach Obama for high crimes and misdemeanors. In other words, impeach that pervert for pissing us off.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4788 Jun 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
Impeach Obama for high crimes and misdemeanors. In other words, impeach that pervert for pissing us off.
Pissing you off is not a high crime or misdemeanor.

What charge do you legitimately think Obama for which could or should be impeached?

Be specific.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#4789 Jun 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying, throw you in jail for a misdemeanor....see how stupid you sound. Then again maybe not. LOL

Saint Louis, MO

#4790 Jun 17, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Pissing you off is not a high crime or misdemeanor.
A high crime and misdemeanor is whatever Congress says it is. Congress makes the laws, not a gang of perverts.
lides wrote:
<quoted text>What charge do you legitimately think Obama for which could or should be impeached?
Be specific.
He pissed us off. That pervert is not a dictator although he wants to be one. So we need to teach him who is boss. We have to teach Obama and all of his perverted supporters a lesson.

Saint Louis, MO

#4791 Jun 17, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>That's like saying, throw you in jail for a misdemeanor....see how stupid you sound. Then again maybe not. LOL
Idiot, I am not president and therefore not have to live life according to that standard. If he does not like the conditions of his job, let him resign. We can hire somebody else.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4792 Jun 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
A high crime and misdemeanor is whatever Congress says it is. Congress makes the laws, not a gang of perverts.
Translation, "I can't offer any specific charge that would qualify to begin articles of impeachment".
Abdurratln wrote:
He pissed us off.
Ah, the royal we. Well, that's different then.

What are you six?
Abdurratln wrote:
That pervert is not a dictator although he wants to be one. So we need to teach him who is boss. We have to teach Obama and all of his perverted supporters a lesson.
Wow, you really aren't so bright, are you?
Obama's approval rating is still much higher than Bush's was for the majority of his term in office. YOU may be "pissed off" but the majority of the country is not. Frankly, you seem to live your life in a perpetual state of pissed off. Perhaps you should seek professional help? Maybe you should find a better online dating site?

There are no valid grounds to impeach the current executive, and even if there were, if you think that this congress could actually get together and pass articles of impeachment, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

Saint Louis, MO

#4793 Jun 17, 2013
Congress is controlled by the Opposition and for dang good reasons. We the people do not want Obama to run this country without plenty of checks and balances. Basically, that means Obama cannot do anything without approval from Congress. And if he sues executives order too much, he gets impeached. It is about that simple.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4794 Jun 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
Congress is controlled by the Opposition and for dang good reasons. We the people do not want Obama to run this country without plenty of checks and balances. Basically, that means Obama cannot do anything without approval from Congress. And if he sues executives order too much, he gets impeached. It is about that simple.
Are you really trying to make yourself out to look as dumb as possible, because it's working.

Congress passes legislation, and the president signs it into law and enforces it. Our current congress is utterly dysfunctional, and likely couldn't pass gas. It is hysterical that you think the administration is out of control, when in reality, congress isn't sending him anything to sign into law, and is wasting time in inquiries into fake scandals instead of doing their jobs. They are also dragging their feet on all manner of presidential appointments to various positions.

One would have to be pretty dim to think it is the executive branch that isn't functioning properly right now.
Zoro

Rock Island, IL

#4795 Jun 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
I under stand much of what you are saying, I mean you are from St Louis. That being said, the majority can not force them selves upon the minority. Afterall we do live in a Republic and not a democracy.

Saint Louis, MO

#4796 Jun 17, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really trying to make yourself out to look as dumb as possible, because it's working.
Congress passes legislation, and the president signs it into law and enforces it. Our current congress is utterly dysfunctional, and likely couldn't pass gas. It is hysterical that you think the administration is out of control, when in reality, congress isn't sending him anything to sign into law, and is wasting time in inquiries into fake scandals instead of doing their jobs. They are also dragging their feet on all manner of presidential appointments to various positions.
One would have to be pretty dim to think it is the executive branch that isn't functioning properly right now.
Obama is dysfunctional. But he had better understand that Congress makes the laws and he must obey the laws. If he does not get that, he will not only be impeached, he will be kicked out of office and possibly locked up in jail somewhere. You stupid Dummycrats do not seem to understand that this a republic. It is your stupidity that led to Civil War last time.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4797 Jun 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
Obama is dysfunctional.
Well, you would certainly know dysfunction if you saw it.
Abdurratln wrote:
But he had better understand that Congress makes the laws and he must obey the laws.
Actually, Congress makes legislation. that legislation only becomes law if the President signs it, allows it to sit on his desk for 30 days, or otherwise does not veto it. If he does veto it, it can become law if congress overrides the veto with a 2/3 majority. I don't see congress acting so unilaterally in its current incantation.
Abdurratln wrote:
If he does not get that, he will not only be impeached, he will be kicked out of office and possibly locked up in jail somewhere.
Well, so long as dullards like yourself are incapable of articulating an applicable charge, that is quite unlikely to happen. Just as it is unlikely that congress would be able to act together to pass articles of impeachment.
Abdurratln wrote:
You stupid Dummycrats do not seem to understand that this a republic. It is your stupidity that led to Civil War last time.
I understand fully well that this is a republic. I also understand that the Democrats are not the one's holding congress hostage by stalling every measure, and refusing to do their jobs. That would be congressional republicans.

If you are trying to make yourself look foolish and uninformed, mission accomplished.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4798 Jun 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
He pissed us off. That pervert is not a dictator although he wants to be one. So we need to teach him who is boss. We have to teach Obama and all of his perverted supporters a lesson.
It seems like the dictator wannabe looks at you from the mirror every morning.

As someone pointed out, if pissing others off were a crime, you'd have been sentenced to death by now.

Saint Louis, MO

#4799 Jun 17, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems like the dictator wannabe looks at you from the mirror every morning.
As someone pointed out, if pissing others off were a crime, you'd have been sentenced to death by now.
Fool, I have no political ambitions and never have had any, at least not in the sense of wanting power in my own personal control. All I want is Freedom and Independence for my people, hence Black Power. Black Power means empowerment of Africans, especially poor Africans. This is why I have NEVER been a member of the Dummycrat Party. Instead I have sought to organize Africans into Independent African controlled political parties that are beyond the control of both Dummycrats and Republicans.

You are a liar and an idiot. You are trying to smear me and discredit me. Typical liberal fascism.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#4800 Jun 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool, I have no political ambitions and never have had any, at least not in the sense of wanting power in my own personal control. All I want is Freedom and Independence for my people, hence Black Power. Black Power means empowerment of Africans, especially poor Africans. This is why I have NEVER been a member of the Dummycrat Party. Instead I have sought to organize Africans into Independent African controlled political parties that are beyond the control of both Dummycrats and Republicans.
You are a liar and an idiot. You are trying to smear me and discredit me. Typical liberal fascism.
You better get to Africa and start your job. You have a BIG quest to conquer!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 53 min Frindly 14,855
News All bets are off at the Supreme Court 1 hr Abrahamanic Relig... 27
News Top Indonesia court rejects attempt to criminal... 1 hr Abrahamanic Relig... 2
News Race against time for Australia's first same-se... 1 hr Abrahamanic Relig... 6
News Gay couple, devout baker take cake fight to hig... 3 hr EdmondWA 71
News Gay man denied marriage license hopes to unseat... Wed Voter 78
News 'Selma and Stonewall': Gay rights issues divide... (Jan '13) Dec 12 Balls At Work 117
More from around the web