Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 Read more: NBC Chicago 17,562

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Read more
Dutch Holland

Podgorica, Montenegro

#4222 May 20, 2013
Homosexauls are sick People.

Send then to Somalia or Sudan....

Sick AmeriCANT Homosexual Trash....

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#4223 May 20, 2013
Dutch Holland wrote:
Homosexauls are sick People. Send then to Somalia or Sudan.... Sick AmeriCANT Homosexual Trash....
There's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. Using sexuality to defame political opponents is antidemocratic; here in America we like civil discourse.

The issue is using the Internal Revenue Service to intimidate Obama's political opponents; that would be wrong in any country.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4224 May 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Here's the government's own IG report:
http://www.treas.gov/tigta/auditreports/2013r...
Do you think it's OK to use the IRS to intimidate political opponents?
I'd answer, but you are utterly off-topic.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4225 May 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. Using sexuality to defame political opponents is antidemocratic; here in America we like civil discourse.
The issue is using the Internal Revenue Service to intimidate Obama's political opponents; that would be wrong in any country.
Actually, the topic of this thread is "Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes." If you don't believe me, look at the top of the page.

So at least the rant that you replied to was marginally related to the topic..

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#4226 May 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Here's the government's own IG report:
Do you think it's OK to use the IRS to intimidate political opponents?
If that's what had happened, it would have been wrong. But since there's absolutely ZERO evidence that such a thing happened, I'll wait until I know the facts before making that judgment call.

But you and your fellow Fox "News" watchers go ahead and crap your pants over this. It's fun for the rest of us to watch.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#4227 May 20, 2013
This is an example of same sex marriage supporters in Obama's IRS lashing out with illegal harassment of conservatives.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#4228 May 20, 2013
eJohn wrote:
If that's what had happened, it would have been wrong. But since there's absolutely ZERO evidence that such a thing happened, I'll wait until I know the facts before making that judgment call. But you and your fellow Fox "News" watchers go ahead and crap your pants over this. It's fun for the rest of us to watch.
The IRS admits it happened. Here's the IG report from the government's website:

You're busted!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#4229 May 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hellllllooooooo......they are different. Marriage is a union of husband and wife..bride and groom....consummation....procr eation....presumption of paternity.....
Circular "reasoning". And you don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
Pietro Armando wrote:
A civil union is a legal relationship structure created for same sex couples.
<quoted text>
Husband and wife.....same sex couples omit the AND part. Husband and wife can consummate to procreate.
Just admit you are against gay marriage because you are a homophobe.
Pietro Armando wrote:
A SSC cannot
<quoted text>
That's just it! They don't function the same way. Marriage transforms a man and a woman into husband and wife. It joins the sexes. They consummate....procreate.
<quoted text>
Actually it can do the same for you as well. Recognize you and the woman you marry as husband and wife.
<quoted text>
Allow you to claim to be "spouses for life".
Again, you don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
Try to form a real argument.

North Hollywood, CA

#4230 May 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
This is an example of same sex marriage supporters in Obama's IRS lashing out with illegal harassment of conservatives.
So what?
That has nothing to do with the issue at all.
There just isn't a good argument against gay marriage, dummy.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4231 May 23, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Circular "reasoning". And you don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
How so? SSM is a recent legal creation. Its basis is legal structure of marriage as a union of husband and wife. Obviously any legal references to that sexual union will not apply to SSCs, male or female. I don't know why you insist on stating the obvious regarding procreation and marriage. Perhaps its a distraction from an compelling reason to redefine marriage. Please, what is legally required, by the state, of the married couple?
Just admit you are against gay marriage because you are a homophobe.
Why do think I have a fear of homogenized milk? Now THAT'S bizarre!
Again, you don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
Try to form a real argument.
Again , you don't have to be able to procreate, love, cohabitate, like each other, etc., in order to marry, so what is your point?

North Hollywood, CA

#4232 May 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? SSM is a recent legal creation.
So what?
Pietro Armando wrote:
Its basis is legal structure of marriage as a union of husband and wife.
Is there a law against you morons learning the difference between "its" and "it's"?
And again, so what? Legal definitions change all the time.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Obviously any legal references to that sexual union will not apply to SSCs, male or female. I don't know why you insist on stating the obvious regarding procreation and marriage.
Why bring it up?
You don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Perhaps its a distraction from an compelling reason to redefine marriage. Please, what is legally required, by the state, of the married couple?
Are you trying to make sense?
Pietro Armando wrote:
Why do think I have a fear of homogenized milk? Now THAT'S bizarre!
<quoted text>
I don't, never said you did.
Oh, well, you are making less and less sense.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Again , you don't have to be able to procreate, love, cohabitate, like each other, etc., in order to marry, so what is your point?
Why do you keep bringing up the ability to procreate as if it matters?
Oh, yeah, you're just dumb homophobe with no actual argument against gay marriage.

North Hollywood, CA

#4233 May 23, 2013
LOL. I messed up with the "its" and "it's" this time.
hallelujah

Harrisonburg, VA

#4234 May 23, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
That has nothing to do with the issue at all.
There just isn't a good argument against gay marriage, dummy.
How is your wife, NorCal Native?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#4235 May 24, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
So what? That has nothing to do with the issue at all. There just isn't a good argument against gay marriage, dummy.
The people of Maryland got to vote on their State's definition of marriage but the citizens of California had their votes stolen by a court. Then we find out, the group sponsoring Proposition 8 was harassed and intimidated by the IRS. Criminals in the government illegally leaked donor's tax return information to the media. We need to put them in jail.

If the same sex marriage supporters had been harassed and intimidated, Rose would write about that issue. But they weren't harassed, we were. Turn about's fair play; either support a special prosecutor or stand for IRS harassment of political opponents. You can run but you can't hide.

There's no rational argument for same sex marriage; all they have is ersatz gender equality or emotional sympathy for our gay friends, family, neighbors and acquaintances. That's why they used the IRS and unethical 'journalists'.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4236 May 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The people of Maryland got to vote on their State's definition of marriage but the citizens of California had their votes stolen by a court. Then we find out, the group sponsoring Proposition 8 was harassed and intimidated by the IRS. Criminals in the government illegally leaked donor's tax return information to the media. We need to put them in jail.
If the same sex marriage supporters had been harassed and intimidated, Rose would write about that issue. But they weren't harassed, we were. Turn about's fair play; either support a special prosecutor or stand for IRS harassment of political opponents. You can run but you can't hide.
There's no rational argument for same sex marriage; all they have is ersatz gender equality or emotional sympathy for our gay friends, family, neighbors and acquaintances. That's why they used the IRS and unethical 'journalists'.
A particular group of Californians had their fundamental rights taken away by a group of people who hate freedom.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#4237 May 24, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget that we live in America? Your god's laws mean absolutely NOTHING when it comes to our government.
I wonder if they have ever had a clue about the kind of Republic our Founding Fathers wanted us to enjoy living in, in the first palce! I suspect they never knew to begin with. Suggesting they forgot is way too gentle.

Although it is a toss up, are they the mis-informed or the un-informed?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#4238 May 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The people of Maryland got to vote .
It is difficult to know if you are the mis-informed or the un-informed.

“The sun also rises”

Since: Mar 11

someplace

#4239 May 24, 2013
hallelujah wrote:
<quoted text>
How is your wife, NorCal Native?
she's the wife this week

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4240 May 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
A particular group of Californians had their fundamental rights taken away by a group of people who hate freedom.
Really Wastey....you're smarter than that. All Californians had the same right, no more no less. A particular group of Californians didn't/don't want to exercise that right the same way as other Californians do according to their respective sex, so wanted to redefine that right, and base their argument for a right based on that new definition

How does one argue for "freedom" by asking the state to step into one's intimate personal relationship? Seems contradictory.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#4241 May 25, 2013
When they call us haters, they justify the actions of same sex marriage supporters in the IRS when they leaked confidential tax return information to their allies in the media.

That's not civil discourse. Same sex marriage is bad because it's antidemocratic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 6 min tongangodz 1,792
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 9 min Chris Toal 30,974
News Texas lawmaker married five times files error-f... 38 min Farter 38
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 53 min Brian_G 1,967
News Walmart manager likes to get in kitchen on days... 1 hr Awake 1
News Same-sex couple turned away by small business i... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 226
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 1 hr Respect71 1,665
More from around the web