Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 Full story: NBC Chicago 17,568

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#4084 Mar 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Hello GodSmacked, how's it going?
The issue isn't my personal relationships; the issue is government and marriage law that affect everyone.
Change your morality based on personal experience is selfish; think about the greater good for society.
You hate gay people if you believe gay marriage will harm society.
There is no rational reason to believe it will.
Has it harmed society in any of the places it is legal?

North Hollywood, CA

#4085 Mar 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I would know about gays who support traditional marriage because I don't live in a bubble:
Traditional marriage has a unique proponent in Doug Mainwaring, the openly gay co-founder of the National Capital Tea Party Patriots who lives with his ex-wife to co-parent their two adopted sons.
Do you live with your ex-wife?
Brian_G wrote:
Mainwaring divorced his wife to explore his homosexual desires,
Why did you divorce yours? Or did she divorce you?
Brian_G wrote:
but in a piece for Public Discourse he explained how he discovered over the course of a decade that “creating a family with another man is not completely equal to creating a family with a woman.” He also found that “denying children parents of both genders is an objective evil. Kids need and yearn for both.”(snip)
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

North Hollywood, CA

#4086 Mar 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I've never written about the horrors of gay parenting; there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. Many gays make excellent parents, I just cited one in my previous post.
Society's ideal is that a child be raised by a mother and father; that's why I want to keep marriage male/female.
When will your balls drop?
You hate gay people, and that's why you are against equal rights.
At least the "die f@@ die" type of homophobe has some backbone...

Why didn't you keep your marriage male/female? LOL!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4087 Mar 16, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you dumb b!tch, just like straight people who don't want to marry, they don't have to.
Considering all the fuss in trying to legalize SSM, one would think the marriage rate would be much higher among SSCs, male or female, and it seems the former marry at higher rates than the latter. Why is that?
And nobody is talking about getting rid of one man one woman marriage. Well, your ex got rid of yours. LOL!
Why anyone consider that? Hellooooooooo that's what marriage is. SSCs had to use some frame of reference, and structure.
And you last bit of babble makes no sense.
Recognizing gay marriage won't stop people from reproducing.
True, men and women will still have sex, babies will be the result. It just further render marriage more irrelevant than it seems to have become in the last several decades.
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#4088 Mar 21, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
So, is it your position that I can't possibly know anything about the laws that deny me equal civil rights in my own country?
no, my posiiton is that you DON't...
want my proof:
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Because only pretend "lawyers" that spend their every waking moment on Topix can understand such grown-up and complicated issues??
want more?
check this ignorance:
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>

When the government starts turning away post-menopausal women and men that have had vasectomies and refusing them marriage licenses, let me know. Then you'll be able to prop up your "marriage is all about procreation" fantasy.
its not that you cant know, it's just that you don't...
like how procreation is discussed in every marriage case and vice versa...
see how easy it is to deny the connection when you stay purposefully ignorant of it?

and that's all you do, is try to use your ignorance as a sword...and then add silly insults...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#4090 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you live with your ex-wife?
<quoted text>
Why did you divorce yours? Or did she divorce you?
<quoted text>
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
Morons with no real argument get frustrated and resort to ad hominem personal attacks.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4091 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
When will your balls drop? You hate gay people, and that's why you are against equal rights. At least the "die f@@ die" type of homophobe has some backbone... Why didn't you keep your marriage male/female? LOL!
You don't have to be hateful to be dedicated to a cause. I base my arguments on reason, not emotion.

Keeping marriage one man and one woman preserves gender integration and diversity. Most Americans don't like segregation, that's why they want to keep marriage male/female.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4092 May 9, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to be hateful to be dedicated to a cause. I base my arguments on reason, not emotion.
Keeping marriage one man and one woman preserves gender integration and diversity. Most Americans don't like segregation, that's why they want to keep marriage male/female.
Whining about marriage equality means nothing.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4093 May 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't every red blooded Italian American man?
:)
Sure they do, if they are straight.
Parson Browne

Georgetown, OH

#4094 May 9, 2013
Homosexual sex is a grave sin and those who engage in this sinful act unless they repent will go to hell and twist and burn forever and ever.So repent o ye wicked generation before the wrath of God comes upon thee-amen

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#4096 May 9, 2013
Parson Browne wrote:
Homosexual sex is a grave sin and those who engage in this sinful act unless they repent will go to hell and twist and burn forever and ever.So repent o ye wicked generation before the wrath of God comes upon thee-amen
Utter nonsense.

WHY is it such a "grave sin"? Why would a god decide this? Who does it harm? Why would a god CREATE people who feel only same-sex attraction, and then forbid them from pursuing it? If two people who BOTH feel same-sex attraction form a MUTUALLY CONSENTING relationship which makes both of them happy, then why should a god oppose this? Why should ANYONE?

Gods who care about their creations should not be stopping love and happiness when people find it. Those things are rare. Why would you PUNISH someone for it?

And "repent"? What for? When I wrong someone, I express my apologies to THEM, and try to make it up to THEM, because THEY are the ones I've harmed. No god has been harmed by my relationship with my partner. By definition, all-powerful gods CANNOT be harmed, by ANYTHING. I certainly have no need to "repent" or apologize for the happiness I've found, or for the happiness I give to someone else.

Why does religion have to twist human emotions and compassion, so that the only acceptable path is the stark obedience to ancient texts about magic and talking animals?

North Hollywood, CA

#4097 May 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Morons with no real argument get frustrated and resort to ad hominem personal attacks.
You mean like calling me a moron?
LOL.

North Hollywood, CA

#4098 May 9, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to be hateful to be dedicated to a cause. I base my arguments on reason, not emotion.[/QUOTe]

You are lying. Your argument is based on your hatred of gay people. You might use "nice" words, but that does't change anything.

[QUOTE who="Brian_G"]
Keeping marriage one man and one woman preserves gender integration and diversity.
That makes no sense.
Gay marriage won't effect gender integration or diversity at all.
(Are there fewer genders in places that recognize gay marriage than in those that don't?)
You are just a homophobe.

Brian_G wrote:
Most Americans don't like segregation, that's why they want to keep marriage male/female.
BS. A pure, big steaming pile of BS.
Most people who are against gay marriage are against it for the same reason you are, homophobia.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4099 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like calling me a moron?
LOL.
Rose, you ROCK!

North Hollywood, CA

#4100 May 9, 2013
Parson Browne wrote:
Why will god wait until it's too late for us to start tormenting us? Why doesn't he let us know about these things?
Here's the real reason:
He doesn't exist.

North Hollywood, CA

#4101 May 9, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, you ROCK!
Thanks.:)
Ulysses

Anonymous Proxy

#4102 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.:)
How's it hangin' big dick?
Parson Browne

Georgetown, OH

#4103 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why will god wait until it's too late for us to start tormenting us? Why doesn't he let us know about these things?
Here's the real reason:
He doesn't exist.
you are being warned by the holy word of God but yet ye do not repent and be saved thy word of God plainly states homosexuality is a sin.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4104 May 9, 2013
Ulysses wrote:
<quoted text>
How's it hangin' big dick?
Rock hard. Bet that makes you real jealous!
Tikk

Bismarck, ND

#4105 May 9, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
Do they really think all the black folks in Illinois are going to start to vote Republican just because of SSM?
I DON'T THINK SO!
Why Liberals treat blacks like “Useful Idiots”
1. Liberals always keep race and racism in the fore-front of black people’s mind, this way they can distract them from concentrating on major issues that plague the black community like, poverty, unemployment, drop-out rate… It’s also an effective way to shame poor blacks and perpetuate the feeling of inferiority.
The Liberal-media relishes reporting on any and every nutty, racists’ comment (real or perceived) that ANYONE says about blacks and will blow ANY situation regarding BLACK racism out of proportion. They also love to feature documentaries or movies involving race/racism, i.e. CNN “Black in America”, MSNBC “America’s prisons”, Jena-Six, Trayvon Martin...., and on and on…
2. The Liberal media encourages, celebrates, and rewards Materialistic, Crude, Hypersexual, Thuggish, Amoral behavior within the black community. They know that this makes “Mainstream America” associate negative, despicable behavior with the black race as a whole (it’s not fair, but it is reality). Not to mention that the blacks who subscribe to this behavior are looked upon as undisciplined, dysfunctional Neanderthals,(check out the current reality show line-up).
3. Liberal-Hollywood, continually casts black actors in violent, crude, buffoonish, hypersexual, submissive or victim roles. Sure, there are exceptions, but they are far and few in-between. Again, this associates negativity, mediocrity, and inferiority with the black race, which lessens black influence in society.
4. Liberals like to make blacks feel like perpetual victims. This gives people like Chris Matthews the opportunity to play the “white knight” role. Also, if people are always made to feel like they have no power or control over anything, then they start to believe it and eventually adopt a dependent attitude. They become needy and irresponsible, which falls in line with the over-all Liberal agenda.
5. Liberals covertly play blacks against each other. They love to give the impression that ALL blacks are reared the same, and therefore should think and feel the same (by the way this is far from the truth these days). If a black person opts not to support this theory or their Liberal agenda, then they are verbally assaulted with racists’ darts. All the while,“tolerant, inclusive, compassionate” Liberals utter not a word in their defense.
6. Liberals love to champion young blacks for their undying loyalty and “racial-pride” in the President, yet they fail to do anything to encourage them to improve their life-circumstance or community. Gee, What about encouraging them to take pride in themselves? Maybe then they would take steps in addressing the extreme violence, high unemployment rate, and high-school drop-out rate, an excessive number of out-of-wedlock births in their communities. Just a thought.
In summary, Liberals encourage blacks to be inadequate, immoral, dim-witted, bottom-feeders. They discourage them from being self-reliant, honorable, intelligent, contributing members of society. Why do they do this? They do it because it’s effective and for the most part it works in their favor. Think about it, they’ve even convinced black Christians to abandon their principles in regards to gay marriage, abortion, drug-use, and religious freedom all for the sake of “racial-pride”. I wonder if it’s all worth the price they’ll have to pay one day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 46 min MyTwoCents 16
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 50 min mahz 49,894
Efforts underway to change GOP on gay marriage 1 hr Mitt s Airtight D... 18
Southern Governor Fights Same-Sex Marriage - An... 3 hr KiMare 7
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 4 hr I can read 51
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 hr KiMare 25,028
Pope chooses a moderate for Chicago archbishop 7 hr TomInElPaso 3
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE