Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17562 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

Carol

Oak Park, MI

#267 Jan 10, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the government is supposed to be secular, but the homosexuals attemp to take it one step further. They attempt to make society secular. Since the vast majority of the citizens of this country are religious, the homosexual attacks on religion exposes their destructive agenda.
Absolutely they have an intolerant bigoted anti family, anti religion, anti freedom of speech agenda....

and they carry it out in devious ways by bullying, lying, trying to destroy any who dare to have a differing point of view....

Homosexuals are the new Nazis.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#268 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Heterosexual African American women are getting weird diseases from down low African American men....
Because of all their down low homosexual behaviour...
Medicaid is paying for all the homosexuals who are sick and or dying from diseases, at a young age....
Usually 20 years earlier than heterosexuals....
Anal sex is everybody's business...because of the super bugs it creates.
Something you apparently read somewhere is making you sound really stupid.

I'll not continue addressing the "superbug" nonsense. It's absurd.

When gay marriage is legal and people like you stop creating a hostile world for gay people, THERE WILL BE NO BLACK MEN ON THE DOWN LOW.

"the down low" is "the closet." Fewer and fewer gay men are in the closet these days because it is safer and easier to come out.

The African-American community has lagged behind in this regard, because of stereotypes and cultural differences. That is changing dramatically, especially since President Obama came out in support of same-sex marriage. You saw the percentage of black support flip from more opposing to more supporting gay marriage.

It will take a generation or two to fully realize those effects, as old homophobes die off and are replaced with young, fair-minded Americans. You will see the "down low" go away in large part.

Closeted people on the down low (you love that phrase) are not part of the mainstream gay community.

As always, the answer is equality and fairness, which resolves all these problems and more.

Get it through your head.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#269 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
More desperate homosexual talking points, are you capable if putting together a coherent argument without deceit?
We all know that young girls who are molested at a early age usually become promiscuous...
even if they hated their rapist, they seek out sex with other men because they've experienced intercourse and the body now craves it.
Just as when homosexuals rape same gender kids, those kids experience orgasm
From same gender and many times even though they have rage for their molester, they desire the type if sex that they experienced.....
Which is why some of Jerry Sanduskys victims had rage towards him as he had changed their sexual desires thru molestation.
Now lie some more ..as its all you've got.
Holy cow, you're a mess.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#270 Jan 10, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Using logical fallacies does not help prove your point. It only serves to reveal your profound ignorance.
You should become a fiction writer, no one would buy your books but at least you'd be using your talent constructively.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#271 Jan 10, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you get your information from but you haven't got a clue what your talking about. Role play give me a brake in the real world most gay couples are on the same playing field
Do you people ever tell the truth...

Rosie Odonnel played the man...

Ellen Degeneres plays the man...

Chad Bono not only played the man but got a sex change operation to play it more effectively.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#272 Jan 10, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Using logical fallacies does not help prove your point. It only serves to reveal your profound ignorance.
Negative. Most homosexuals are atheist, just like you. In fact, atheism and homosexuality are cause and effect.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#273 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand, better for you to bow out of a debate than continue having temper tantrums ...
And lol @ your nonsense about heterosexuals having anal sex...
When we all know that it originated from men having sex with men in prison and bringing that diseased nasty mess home to their wives, girlfriends.
I've already mopped the floor with you. Am I supposed to dump out the bucket and do it again, because you're crying for attention with third grade taunts?

Google "heterosexual anal sex study" - here's a sample of what you'll find. It's called "information."

There's no delicate way to put this, so I'll just quote the survey report: "For males, the proportion who have had anal sex with a female increases from 4.6 percent at age 15 to 34 percent at ages 2224; for females, the proportion who have had anal sex with a male increases from 2.4 percent at age 15 to 32 percent at age 2224." One in three women admits to having had anal sex by age 24. By ages 25 to 44, the percentages rise to 40 for men and 35 for women. And that's not counting the 3.7 percent of men aged 15 to 44 who've had anal sex with other men.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#274 Jan 10, 2013
Have your religion...Worship your myth god....follow your hate filled buybull.....DONT MAKE YOUR BS RELIGION INTO LAW OR EVEN TRY TO MAKE IT INTO LAW OR FACE DESTRUCTION....NO MORE WILL "WE THE PEOPLE" STAND BY AND LET RELIGION TRY TO TAKE OVER...
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#275 Jan 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Your credibility = over.
Wow. You have no rebuttal, too much truth for you to digest at once.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#276 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You should become a fiction writer, no one would buy your books but at least you'd be using your talent constructively.
You write all the fiction Topix needs, sugar. You probably aren't even aware of the logical fallacy you used, because you are too stupid.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#277 Jan 10, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative. Most homosexuals are atheist, just like you. In fact, atheism and homosexuality are cause and effect.
Drinking this early in the day?

tsk, tsk, tsk

Guess what? It makes you write stupid shit that you can't prove.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#278 Jan 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Something you apparently read somewhere is making you sound really stupid.
I'll not continue addressing the "superbug" nonsense. It's absurd.
When gay marriage is legal and people like you stop creating a hostile world for gay people, THERE WILL BE NO BLACK MEN ON THE DOWN LOW.
"the down low" is "the closet." Fewer and fewer gay men are in the closet these days because it is safer and easier to come out.
The African-American community has lagged behind in this regard, because of stereotypes and cultural differences. That is changing dramatically, especially since President Obama came out in support of same-sex marriage. You saw the percentage of black support flip from more opposing to more supporting gay marriage.
It will take a generation or two to fully realize those effects, as old homophobes die off and are replaced with young, fair-minded Americans. You will see the "down low" go away in large part.
Closeted people on the down low (you love that phrase) are not part of the mainstream gay community.
As always, the answer is equality and fairness, which resolves all these problems and more.
Get it through your head.
Why do you homosexuals hate the fact that the majority in this country believe in the traditional family...

Man/Woman reproducing children..

Why do you all hate freedom of speech and religion...

Why do you all lie about the obvious, the anal cavity is a nasty place where waste comes out...

Some are careful but many more are not.... Those blk men would be down low or bisexual even if out of the closet...

and would still be putting the women at horiffic risk of diseases.

Homosexuals die on average 20 years sooner than heterosexuals...

Homosexuals cannot reproduce, carry on the species...

You're not the best thing since sliced bread, get that in your head.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#279 Jan 10, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text> You write all the fiction Topix needs, sugar. You probably aren't even aware of the logical fallacy you used, because you are too stupid.
Wow, again you should become a fiction writer...get all those crazy voices out of your head.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#280 Jan 10, 2013
the light has come wrote:
<quoted text>Straight people are not crying for government to get out of the marriage business.
Funny. No one else is, either. What are you talking about?
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#281 Jan 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy cow, you're a mess.
Now you think cows are holy, no wonder you're confused.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#282 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you homosexuals hate the fact that the majority in this country believe in the traditional family...
Man/Woman reproducing children..
Why do you all hate freedom of speech and religion...
Why do you all lie about the obvious, the anal cavity is a nasty place where waste comes out...
Some are careful but many more are not.... Those blk men would be down low or bisexual even if out of the closet...
and would still be putting the women at horiffic risk of diseases.
Homosexuals die on average 20 years sooner than heterosexuals...
Homosexuals cannot reproduce, carry on the species...
You're not the best thing since sliced bread, get that in your head.
Mind your own business your hitler loving bitch..........I dont tell you how to live and who to love.....KEEP YOUR NOSE ON YOUR OWN LIFE...OR LOSE YOUR NOSE TRAITOR......CONSTITUTION FIRST......RELIGION NEVER........

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#283 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
More desperate homosexual talking points, are you capable if putting together a coherent argument without deceit?
We all know that young girls who are molested at a early age usually become promiscuous...
even if they hated their rapist, they seek out sex with other men because they've experienced intercourse and the body now craves it.
Just as when homosexuals rape same gender kids, those kids experience orgasm
From same gender and many times even though they have rage for their molester, they desire the type if sex that they experienced.....
Which is why some of Jerry Sanduskys victims had rage towards him as he had changed their sexual desires thru molestation.
Now lie some more ..as its all you've got.
Wow. You've REALLY slipped over the edge and into the Land of Utter Delusion, haven't you??

Do you what it means to be delusional? I'm thinking you don't....
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#284 Jan 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already mopped the floor with you. Am I supposed to dump out the bucket and do it again, because you're crying for attention with third grade taunts?
Google "heterosexual anal sex study" - here's a sample of what you'll find. It's called "information."
There's no delicate way to put this, so I'll just quote the survey report: "For males, the proportion who have had anal sex with a female increases from 4.6 percent at age 15 to 34 percent at ages 2224; for females, the proportion who have had anal sex with a male increases from 2.4 percent at age 15 to 32 percent at age 2224." One in three women admits to having had anal sex by age 24. By ages 25 to 44, the percentages rise to 40 for men and 35 for women. And that's not counting the 3.7 percent of men aged 15 to 44 who've had anal sex with other men.
At least in your delusional state...you see yourself as the victor.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#285 Jan 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Mind your own business your hitler loving bitch..........I dont tell you how to live and who to love.....KEEP YOUR NOSE ON YOUR OWN LIFE...OR LOSE YOUR NOSE TRAITOR......CONSTITUTION FIRST......RELIGION NEVER........
Look, the idiot "ToManyLaws" changed his name and moved to Fairibault.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#286 Jan 10, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
WE don't all know any of this. Have you got any sources? Come on: post your sources. WE all need a laugh.
Angry crazy people like our Carol don't have sources for their rage. They simply rely on yelling really loudly and repeating it over and over to carry their "arguments".

But, yeah, Carol!! Bring it on! Show us some support for your claims! I know *I* could use a good laugh, too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Book alleges Bobbi Kristina was addicted to dru... 2 min Suspicious 5
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 8 min RevKen 34,071
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min Luke 52,026
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 14 min Wanderer2452 5,390
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 17 min Respect71 5,870
News Love Wins Again - Episcopal Churches Change The... 28 min RevKen 18
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 32 min WeTheSheeple 1
More from around the web