Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 Full story: NBC Chicago 17,568

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Full Story
Whaat

Saint Louis, MO

#247 Jan 9, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in the minority now
You think so?*shrugs* It still doesn't take away the hypocrisy of these "leaders". I once believed that the black folks were the most religious people out there. True to their Christian faith. Not anymore. I suppose they'll find it once the occupant leaves the WH. Or is he running for a third term? He might do it for the children, women and minorities.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#248 Jan 10, 2013
the light has come wrote:
<quoted text>
you never admit it but one of the partners in gay relationship is passive and the other is assertive. One play the role of the male and the other the female. one look famine and one masculine.
I don't know where you get your information from but you haven't got a clue what your talking about. Role play give me a brake in the real world most gay couples are on the same playing field
the light has come

Danville, IL

#249 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? Straight couples do.
Straight people are not crying for government to get out of the marriage business.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#250 Jan 10, 2013
Whaaat wrote:
What hypocrisy! These "leaders" voted for the occupant in the White House who is leading the same sex marriage path. They knew that when they voted for him! Now they "urge" blah blah! Please...
They are hypocrites.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#251 Jan 10, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
So called "super bugs" are not the result of sexual orientation. Improper use of antibiotics is the main culprit. Promiscuity and unprotected sex is a factor in any disease transmission possibility. But more straight people do the exact same things gay people do. It is not who you are, but what you do that results in risk.
Committed relationships do not transmit disease. Therefore, it would be wise to encourage loving, committed relationships through marriage while discouraging lustful, high risk behavior. For all people.
But punishing gay people for the things straight people also do without punishment, is irrational, scientifically unsupportable, cruel and therefore un Christian. It is also unconstitutional.
Stop lying, you know full well sodomy is the reason for the increase in super bugs,

Do you ever tell the truth?
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#252 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obsessed with some seriously weird stuff. Why do you waste your time worrying about what you fantasize other people do?
Heterosexual African American women are getting weird diseases from down low African American men....

Because of all their down low homosexual behaviour...

Medicaid is paying for all the homosexuals who are sick and or dying from diseases, at a young age....

Usually 20 years earlier than heterosexuals....

Anal sex is everybody's business...because of the super bugs it creates.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#253 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I have to congratulate you. You might be THE least informed poster I've encountered on Topix. And THAT sure says a lot.
Typical homosexual talking points when faced with truth they have no answer for...

You massively failed though, try harder next time and try not to be deceitful, thanks.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#254 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're a liar. You have no support for that statement. Just your own supposition based solely on your own prejudices.
Do yourself a favor--get some education. Deal in reality for a change. You might find it empowering.
More desperate homosexual talking points, are you capable if putting together a coherent argument without deceit?

We all know that young girls who are molested at a early age usually become promiscuous...

even if they hated their rapist, they seek out sex with other men because they've experienced intercourse and the body now craves it.

Just as when homosexuals rape same gender kids, those kids experience orgasm

From same gender and many times even though they have rage for their molester, they desire the type if sex that they experienced.....

Which is why some of Jerry Sanduskys victims had rage towards him as he had changed their sexual desires thru molestation.

Now lie some more ..as its all you've got.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#255 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you able to form and write down a complete thought? Or do you always just free-associate unrelated and irrelevant myths as if they're reality?
More incoherent babbling from a person without a rebuttal.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#256 Jan 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
OK that was a really weird post, but I'm getting a better picture of who you are, and realizing there isn't much point in bothering with you much longer. You are far from what I would call a worthy debator. This is not surprising since I have yet to find intelligent people who would even take your position.
There were no childish insults. You lose credibility by claiming there were.
"known for" is baloney. That's your stereotyping, not reality. You're ignorant, yet you think you know what's up. This should give you pause and make you re-check your facts, if you have any decency.
No, no one is being harmed from sodomy. And again I will remind you, a huge number of heterosexuals enjoy sodomy. Google the studies.
Sodomy is not harmful and that's not why it was illegal. Prejudice is why it was illegal, plain and simple. Note the word "was." It's not illegal. Get over it.
Men who are on the DL are not well-adjusted gay men. This is yet another reason for you to support gay marriage and gay honesty. People who consider themselves "plain old" gay men do not marry women, are not on the DL, and do not exhibit other destructive behavior like that. Your prejudice encourages that behavior, however.
You're really boring me now. I could go to an elementary school and find more worthy opponents with better developed arguments.
I understand, better for you to bow out of a debate than continue having temper tantrums ...

And lol @ your nonsense about heterosexuals having anal sex...

When we all know that it originated from men having sex with men in prison and bringing that diseased nasty mess home to their wives, girlfriends.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#257 Jan 10, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
There still tax exempt organizations, its their choice to file as 501c(4) rather than 501c(3)...they can file if they like and take their chances with the IRS..
But that was not snypers point...his point was that these Curches should not be engaged in politics. His big threat is that they will have their tax exemption taken away..
Both of us know thats not going to happen. That most Churches even insulate themselves further by having faternal orginizations do most of their political activity..
The constant threrat by leftists is that the "seperation of Church and state" means CHurches cant be involved in politics.
If this were the case than the abolitionists, suffragetes and the Rev Martin Luther King would have never gotten off the ground.
Then the churches should do what other organizations do: open a separate 501 c 4 political affiliate. We're not really talking about the tax exemption of the entity here. We're talking about tax deductibility of contributions made for charitable purposes.

When it comes to that, what traditional charitable function do the 501 c 3's AFA and FRC perform? Do they feed the hungry? Clothe the poor? House the homeless? Care for the sick? Educate the underprivileged? McDonalds provides more charitable services than either of these two organizations.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#258 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
More desperate homosexual talking points, are you capable if putting together a coherent argument without deceit?
We all know that young girls who are molested at a early age usually become promiscuous...
even if they hated their rapist, they seek out sex with other men because they've experienced intercourse and the body now craves it.
Just as when homosexuals rape same gender kids, those kids experience orgasm
From same gender and many times even though they have rage for their molester, they desire the type if sex that they experienced.....
Which is why some of Jerry Sanduskys victims had rage towards him as he had changed their sexual desires thru molestation.
Now lie some more ..as its all you've got.
WE don't all know any of this. Have you got any sources? Come on: post your sources. WE all need a laugh.

“I can see better with”

Since: Mar 11

my eyes closed

#259 Jan 10, 2013
anal sex is disgusting,perverted,unclean and sick.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#260 Jan 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares if you change your view. What we will change is the law.
Best if you start getting used to it now.
If you did not care about my view you would not be hitting the reply to disputing me
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#261 Jan 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck if you can find "histronics" or "bullying" in my post. It seems you are fairly delusional.
You seem to operate from stereotypes and nonsense.
Your "concerns" are those of a stupid person. Smart people easily get past those concerns because they have the ability to reason and understand. Your fears are woefully primitive and silly.
1. Children are not a requirement of marriage or life. Many heterosexual couples do not have children. Get over it. Many homosexual couples (including me) have no intention of having children. You can't make laws based on "some people."
If infertile and old heterosexual couples, or those who don't want children can get married, knowing full well they won't have children, then you can't exclude homosexual couples based on that. You should be able to understand that, even at your level.
2. If you don't require both a father and mother from every family, then you can't hold it against a homosexual family.
3. Homosexual families will exist whether you like it or not. Therefore, their children must be afforded the same protections as any other family, or America is a joke. Studies show homosexual couples have very well adjusted children, so there goes your dumb little theory.
Do you deny heterosexual promiscuity? Ever turn on a TV?
Stop stereotyping homosexuals as promiscuous. That's idiotic.
No matter what you consider "the norm" all kinds of families exist and each as valid as the next. Get over it.
Freedom of speech and religion did not protect the racists from having to accept black people as equals; neither will they protect bigots like you from having to accept gay people as equals. You will be brought into line just as they were. You don't have a choice.
Your superbug nonsense is baloney. Next.
"all the homosexuals you know" is an infinitesimally small number. I am over 40, my husband is over 40, and we know literally thousands of gay men over 40. I know very few who have died under 40, and I know far more gay people than you. The only thing that skews that statistic is AIDS, and once you get past the 80's, those statistics quiet down tremendously.
Once again - please, please educate yourself. You're spewing nonsense and don't even have enough sense to realize you're embarrassing yourself.
Its better that you admit that you're a childish bigot and bow out of debates you continue to lose than to continue to throw temper tantrums...

We've established the fact that you hate for children to have a father and mother....

That you're delusional, as you speak of homosexual couples raising children...

WHAT CHILDREN?!!!!! Homosexuals are an unnatural pairing and can't reproduce.

I've never said that heterosexuals weren't promiscuous...

I've never denied the existence of homosexuals, I have relatives who are homosexuals, I wrote a very loving positive message in one of my favorite relatives obituary , this person was a homosexual for 20 years.

Everyone knows that the anal cavity is meant for waste material to exit the body ...

Not meant for penises... Which is why sodomy was a crime up until recently...in most places and still is a crime in many...

Because of the diseases and super bugs its creating.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#262 Jan 10, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
WE don't all know any of this. Have you got any sources? Come on: post your sources. WE all need a laugh.
You're not laughing you're lying....

Yet your deceit can never trump truth, sorry.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#263 Jan 10, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you mean by that. We live in the world we live in. What would make it more "perfect"?
<quoted text>
I went back and re-read your original comment, just so it was fresh. You're worried that people who speak out against the "gay agenda" often quickly back-pedal and apologize.
But, why would someone WANT to speak out AGAINST someone else's freedom, in the first place? People SHOULD apologize for that, it seems to me.
<quoted text>
Maybe they are wondering what I am wondering, why you would support anyone who condemns the freedoms of others. Maybe they have faced this condemnation of their freedom so many times, they're tired of being polite about it. Maybe they're angry about it. I can't say I blame them.
But you are not actually harmed by an "attack" on the internet. It's all just letters on a screen. Shrug it off.
<quoted text>
But they know something ABOUT you; they know that you support people who oppose their freedom. THIS is what they are attacking. If you come here to say that their freedom should be publicly maligned without apology, then I think it would be fair to expect some backlash from that. Don't you?
<quoted text>
Well, welcome to the internet. What can I tell you? People's fingers feel a certain level of freedom when they type with anonymity, and they don't always do it conversationally. I can only advise you not to engage with them, or to calmly encourage them to discuss the issue with logic and empathy. Demonstrate the better behavior that you hope to see in them.
<quoted text>
Well, they probably see this treatment of their freedom as bullying, too. Some of them may have been dealing with this for many, many years.
Like I said before, no one is trying to make YOU gay. That's NOT on our "agenda". We support your freedom to live in the way that seems best to you. You should support that same freedom for others, even if you disagree with their way. You should NOT support the idea that apologies are not in order when that freedom is challenged, or when people are insulted for exercising it.
<quoted text>
But of course, no one can do that against your will. Your views are yours, to change as you see fit. No one can FORCE you to change them, certainly not over the internet. And remember, you come to the internet. It doesn't come looking for you, forcing you to post.
And also remember that views ARE changeable, and sometimes it's good to do so. What makes ME change my views is strong evidence and sound arguments. Be sure that you aren't just stubbornly digging in your heels AGAINST these things, all because of the conflicts that you have online.
There are 7 billion human beings on Earth, and even if gay people were only 1% of that, that's still 7 hundred million of us. That's almost twice the population of the United States (and it's likely that 1% is too small). I think a person's views should support the fairness of as many other human beings as possible. Try not to judge us ALL by the 8 or 9 people that you spar with while sitting at your computer.
I will not try to cover all the points you try to make but make. I am not new to the internet. I follow the news everyday and my posting are based on personal experiences,things I read, news reporting and common sense. This is a message board where people give their opinion. To dispute me will not change what is common knowledge. In a perfect world people would respect each other and love everybody. Since this is not the reality, we have to deal with what is and not what we want it to be.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#264 Jan 10, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget that we live in America? Your god's laws mean absolutely NOTHING when it comes to our government.
Yes, the government is supposed to be secular, but the homosexuals attemp to take it one step further. They attempt to make society secular. Since the vast majority of the citizens of this country are religious, the homosexual attacks on religion exposes their destructive agenda.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#265 Jan 10, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the government is supposed to be secular, but the homosexuals attemp to take it one step further. They attempt to make society secular. Since the vast majority of the citizens of this country are religious, the homosexual attacks on religion exposes their destructive agenda.
Using logical fallacies does not help prove your point. It only serves to reveal your profound ignorance.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#266 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying, you know full well sodomy is the reason for the increase in super bugs,
Do you ever tell the truth?
Wow. Your credibility = over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 13 min ClarkKentsEvilTwin 25,284
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 23 min Wondering 100
GOP Congressional Candidate: Gay Couples Are 'G... 49 min Barbarianism is I... 9
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Wondering 50,598
Democrats praise Republican judge on gay marria... 4 hr EdmondWA 155
Catholic bishops drop moves to accept gays 7 hr Mitt s Santorum S... 35
Pat Robertson rants over 'deadly' gay marriage ... 7 hr Rainbow Kid 7

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE