Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17562 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#2293 Feb 9, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Then, you consider it a Holy book?
No, the buy-bull is a collection of Bronze Age myths and superstitions.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Every court tested marriage case before the 21st Century, has been male/female or the Supreme Court decided against same sex marriage.
Well, check your calendar, moron, it's the 21st Century now.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Meredith Baxter and Oscar Wilde are two examples, gays have always married under the same laws as everyone else. What's going to happen to the marriages of homosexuals if same sex marriage was licensed? Would it cause more divorce or would you find a new bisexual exception for gender equality?
You got a divorce. Did gay marriage have anything to do with it?
Brian_G wrote:
Why not let homosexuals have both same sex and opposite sex marriage at the same time; if marriage is good, then why limit marriage to two?
<quoted text>Same sex marriage is gender segregation marriage where before the 21st century, all marriage in every country at every time, has been gender integrated, gender diversity is better than gender apartheid marriage always.
Quit appealing to tradition, you moron, that's a logical fallacy.

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Some do, some live in all female communities. Now, we'll have to see how those communities adapt to same sex marriage.
Since we have sex abuse now, there's no reason to expect that wouldn't spread through same sex marriage. Keep marriage male/female to keep prison rape illegal.
Do you sit around thinking, "Wait! I think I can come up with something even stupider!" before you post? Well, that one would be hard to top!
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Good, every child raised by a same sex couple is raised motherless or fatherless.
Well, stupid, that's circular.
Brian_G wrote:
I'm glad you didn't get soul custody
No, only Satan gets custody of your soul.
Brian_G wrote:
and your same sex partner doesn't have custody rights at all. Same sex marriage could change that; for the worse.
Admit it, you are just a homophobe.
AzAdam

Scottsdale, AZ

#2294 Feb 9, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Then, you consider it a Holy book?
<quoted text>Every court tested marriage case before the 21st Century, has been male/female or the Supreme Court decided against same sex marriage.
<quoted text>Meredith Baxter and Oscar Wilde are two examples, gays have always married under the same laws as everyone else. What's going to happen to the marriages of homosexuals if same sex marriage was licensed? Would it cause more divorce or would you find a new bisexual exception for gender equality? Why not let homosexuals have both same sex and opposite sex marriage at the same time; if marriage is good, then why limit marriage to two?
<quoted text>Same sex marriage is gender segregation marriage where before the 21st century, all marriage in every country at every time, has been gender integrated, gender diversity is better than gender apartheid marriage always.
<quoted text>Some do, some live in all female communities. Now, we'll have to see how those communities adapt to same sex marriage.
Since we have sex abuse now, there's no reason to expect that wouldn't spread through same sex marriage. Keep marriage male/female to keep prison rape illegal.
<quoted text>Good, every child raised by a same sex couple is raised motherless or fatherless. I'm glad you didn't get soul custody and your same sex partner doesn't have custody rights at all. Same sex marriage could change that; for the worse.
It's a fairy take book and a political manifesto

Welcome to the 21st century.

Gays marrying opposite gender is a bad idea.
You can prove no connection between gay marriage and straight divorce. And I'm absolutely fine with poly marriage.

My husband and I do have sole custody of our children. Their birth mother visits at our request.
Deke

United States

#2295 Feb 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
If down were up, I wouldn't need a bra.
Or a jock strap.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2296 Feb 9, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>A 'short time', like the Bible's argument about Moses' interracial marriage? There are ancient arguments for interracial marriage but none for same sex marriage; let's think this through. Maybe novelty social policy is a form of consumerism we can't afford.
Remember, Loving v Virginia is US Supreme Court precedent for male/female marriage; had the Lovings been a same sex couple the court would have decided differently. Racial differences are too small and unimportant to matter in marriage, gender differences are essential for the survival of the human race.
Keep marriage male/female because gender segregation marriage brings a new standard to the perfect diversity, affirmative action and political correctness of one man/one woman marriage.
Very well then; fix this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/03/your-money/... ;
AzAdam

Scottsdale, AZ

#2297 Feb 9, 2013
MarriaGe does not separate people. Apartheid and segregation are the act of separating. Marriage is the act of joining. They have no bearing on each other.

Your claim defies logic. Alot like these other logic-defying concepts:

Love the sinner; hate the sin.

Religion (a system of self imposed rules) sets you free.

Thou shalt not kill. Kill everybody who disagrees with you. Kill your daughter if she's not a virgin on her wedding night.

God is love. God is a jealous god.

God gives you free will. God will burn you in a lake of fire if you don't do what he says.

North Hollywood, CA

#2298 Feb 9, 2013
Deke wrote:
<quoted text>
Or a jock strap.
You don't need one now. Good thing, since they don't come in XXXXS.
Boris

Ukraine

#2299 Feb 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need one now. Good thing, since they don't come in XXXXS.
Unlike you who needs an XXXXXXL.

North Hollywood, CA

#2300 Feb 9, 2013
Boris wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you who needs an XXXXXXL.
Fido, why on earth do you think that if I were a man, I'd consider that an insult? What's next? You're going to tell me I'm rich and good looking?
AzAdam

Chandler, AZ

#2301 Feb 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fido, why on earth do you think that if I were a man, I'd consider that an insult? What's next? You're going to tell me I'm rich and good looking?
He didn't get it. These einsteins think gay only comes with a dick.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2302 Feb 9, 2013
AzAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose is not gay. She's and ally.

North Hollywood, CA

#2303 Feb 9, 2013
AzAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were any straighter, I'd be a laser beam.
But my attitude towards lesbians is "More men for me!"
your own

Rochester, MN

#2304 Feb 9, 2013
Gay Marriage is the downfall of our society!

Gays all need to be gathered up and put into Fema camps

North Hollywood, CA

#2305 Feb 9, 2013
your own wrote:
Downfall of society?
How would that work?
Tell us the steps.
We can use a good laugh.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#2306 Feb 9, 2013
your own wrote:
Sounds like Nazi Germany......How about you nazi KKK pigs leave this free nation./

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#2307 Feb 9, 2013
your own wrote:
Get on it, man, no one is going to do it FOR you. FEMA is waiting for your call, 1-800-621-3362.
your own

Rochester, MN

#2308 Feb 9, 2013
Come on you little Phaggots...Onto the train Obama said so, ans its alright...dont be affraid

Obama said its Ok little sheep

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2309 Feb 9, 2013
what's the backlash from the churches? will they finally leave? will they give up their tax subsidies?(fat chance! their faith has to be subsidized or it would die...)

the latest poll shows that over half of evangelicals are now for SSM....
Bubba Cooder

Alpharetta, GA

#2310 Feb 9, 2013
your own wrote:
I got mine
You better get yours
http://www.keithwhite.us/femacheck.jpg

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2311 Feb 10, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
Its all about the money.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2312 Feb 10, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Its all about the money.
With the churches? yes, that is what they are all about.

the second oldest profession, donchya know...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 4 min Synque 674
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 min EdmondWA 33,931
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 13 min Wilbur 5,815
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 27 min GayleWood 3,328
News Charleston shooter's sister starts GoFundMe for... 39 min bill 5
News 'You can't have marriage equality without polyg... 59 min EdmondWA 70
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr pearl 5,257
More from around the web