Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Chicago

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Comments (Page 100)

Showing posts 1,981 - 2,000 of17,498
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Same sex marriage creates backlash because it introduces gender segregation to the perfectly diverse institution of male/female marriage.

If you care about gay people, keep marriage as one man and one wife.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage creates backlash because it introduces gender segregation to the perfectly diverse institution of male/female marriage.
prolifers say the craziest things! i have heard one of you say that allowing a rape victim to abort her rapist forced seed would damage her mentally?

you are retarded!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

dragonpat wrote:
prolifers say the craziest things! i have heard one of you say that allowing a rape victim to abort her rapist forced seed would damage her mentally?
^^^The only one posting something that defamatory is d.p. in the quote above.

I've certainly never written anything similar; victims of rape deserve special consideration; the world isn't black and white. I know that offends pro death abortion advocates, because they don't care about exceptions for 'rape and the life of the mother'.

dragonpat wrote:
you are retarded!!!
Ad hominem isn't reason; emotion trumps rationality in most same sex marriage supporter's posts. They feel mentally superior to their political opponents; what a shame.

Don't take it personally, stand up for protecting marriage, even if you get insulted. Just call it out, keep track so you can prove insult and injury in court.

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^The only one posting something that defamatory is d.p. in the quote above.
I've certainly never written anything similar; victims of rape deserve special consideration; the world isn't black and white. I know that offends pro death abortion advocates, because they don't care about exceptions for 'rape and the life of the mother'.
<quoted text>Ad hominem isn't reason; emotion trumps rationality in most same sex marriage supporter's posts. They feel mentally superior to their political opponents; what a shame.
Don't take it personally, stand up for protecting marriage, even if you get insulted. Just call it out, keep track so you can prove insult and injury in court.
how does gay marriage leave hetero marriage unprotected? do you want us to believe that is gay marriage is fully legalized, hetero marriage will decline?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

dragonpat wrote:
how does gay marriage leave hetero marriage unprotected?
What 'gay marriage'? It's perfectly legal for a lesbian to marry a gay, or a homosexual to marry someone of the opposite sex. Gay marriage has always occurred, I cite Meredith Baxter and Oscar Wilde as examples.

Gender segregation marriage imposes a new perspective on government; gender blindness. We used to help mothers and encourage productive fathers but gender equality marriage changes all that and more. It's like your worst nightmare.

dragonpat wrote:
do you want us to believe that is gay marriage is fully legalized, hetero marriage will decline?
Even if 'hetero marriage', or more precisely a relationship similar to your mother's and father's: male/female marriage is reduced by same sex marriage. There is the introduction of a new entitlement group, ether taxes go up so everybody get's the same share or the pie get's sliced thinner. The social privileges of marriage would change with same sex marriage, since any couple could call themselves 'married'. Singles would decline with the legalization of same sex marriage, and lose a productive but sometimes misdirected voice.

Gay rights are human rights, to be free to live with dignity; not the special right to redefine marriage for everyone, to suit sexual predilection. Bad precedent.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Yes, I hear that all the time. It's a very common objection...

from you, and you alone.

Your bizarre little notion is not even on the table. It won't be addressed at the Supreme Court, it will not be considered on any level.

Try something else to justify your prejudice.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
We used to help mothers and encourage productive fathers but gender equality marriage changes all that and more. It's like your worst nightmare.
Only to very unintelligent people who do not have the capacity to think and reason.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Even if 'hetero marriage', or more precisely a relationship similar to your mother's and father's: male/female marriage is reduced by same sex marriage. There is the introduction of a new entitlement group, ether taxes go up so everybody get's the same share or the pie get's sliced thinner. The social privileges of marriage would change with same sex marriage, since any couple could call themselves 'married'. Singles would decline with the legalization of same sex marriage, and lose a productive but sometimes misdirected voice.
It's all in your head.

You don't get to play "what if" anymore. You don't get to try these boogieman tactics. This is not an unknown quantity we are discussing. We have had legal recognition of same sex marriage in many states and countries for a while now. If any bad things were going to happen then #1 they would have happened already and #2 they wouldn't outweigh our freedom.

In short, if you want to make it a problem, it will be a problem for you. The sky is only falling over your own head. The rest of us are rational and understand the simplicity of what is going on here.

As for your idiotic cost analysis: are you under the delusion that you pay for each person's health care when they have insurance? You don't. They pay their own premiums. OTOH, if they are not covered, THEN you DO pay for their health care in full when they go to the emergency room. More people covered brings costs down.

That said, most gay people already have health insurance through their jobs, so where is your imaginary increased cost?

Not that it matters. Cost is not a factor when it comes to freedom and equality. To wit, how much is spent on wheelchair ramps and the like?

Your arguments are really weak.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What 'gay marriage'? It's perfectly legal for a lesbian to marry a gay, or a homosexual to marry someone of the opposite sex
Alrighty smarty pants
Where in the heck are you gonna find a straight woman looking to marry a gay guy who can not; and does not; erect for females?
http://www.well.com/user/aquarius/
Are you trying to get rid of your virgin wife?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I hear that all the time. It's a very common objection...
from you, and you alone.
Your bizarre little notion is not even on the table. It won't be addressed at the Supreme Court, it will not be considered on any level.
The problem is, there is no rational excuse. Irrational attempts at rationalization are all he has, because it is all anyone has, other than those who rely on a few mistranslated ancient texts.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is, there is no rational excuse. Irrational attempts at rationalization are all he has, because it is all anyone has, other than those who rely on a few mistranslated ancient texts.
I understand that and agree. But his particular irrationality is not even being put forth with the others. It's just him LOL.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that and agree. But his particular irrationality is not even being put forth with the others. It's just him LOL.
Yes, I told Rose, I can only imagine him laughing while typing, and wondering if anyone will take that stuff seriously.

If it wasn't repeated so often, I'd think it was intended as a joke.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
No, it creates backlash because of bigots like you who create the backlash. If you'd just tend to your own knitting, there would be no backlash.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^The only one posting something that defamatory is d.p. in the quote above.
<quoted text>Ad hominem isn't reason; emotion trumps rationality in most same sex marriage supporter's posts. They feel mentally superior to their political opponents; what a shame.
It's not hard to feel mentally superior to you.
Brian_G wrote:
I gotta laugh when you divorced people talk about "protecting marriage".

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What 'gay marriage'? It's perfectly legal for a lesbian to marry a gay, or a homosexual to marry someone of the opposite sex. Gay marriage has always occurred, I cite Meredith Baxter and Oscar Wilde as examples.
Gender segregation marriage imposes a new perspective on government; gender blindness. We used to help mothers and encourage productive fathers but gender equality marriage changes all that and more. It's like your worst nightmare.
<quoted text>Even if 'hetero marriage', or more precisely a relationship similar to your mother's and father's: male/female marriage is reduced by same sex marriage. There is the introduction of a new entitlement group, ether taxes go up so everybody get's the same share or the pie get's sliced thinner. The social privileges of marriage would change with same sex marriage, since any couple could call themselves 'married'. Singles would decline with the legalization of same sex marriage, and lose a productive but sometimes misdirected voice.
Gay rights are human rights, to be free to live with dignity; not the special right to redefine marriage for everyone, to suit sexual predilection. Bad precedent.
LOL. So, were any of the Ravens forced to marry each other?
(For those who don't know, Brian_G said the members of professional sports teams in states that had gay marriage would be forced to marry each other.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Tony C wrote:
Yes, I hear that all the time. It's a very common objection... from you, and you alone. Your bizarre little notion is not even on the table.
Same sex marriage is a bizarre cultural change because it introduces gender apartheid to the perfectly integrated, diverse and affirmative action of one man/one woman marriage. That's just one reason to keep marriage male/female; imagine the affect on gender segregated institutions like prisons; same sex marriage is bad for prisoners, guards and the free.

Tony C wrote:
It won't be addressed at the Supreme Court, it will not be considered on any level.
We already have US Supreme Court for the state's right to define marriage as one man and one woman. Anyone has the right to petition the US Supreme Court.

Tony C wrote:
Everyone has their own reasons; we should share to make our arguments stronger. I never insult my political opponents, I strengthen my political power base.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
^^^Same sex marriage supporters like the one quoted above, find no rationality in any marriage argument. They base their views on like and dislike, not the consequences of new marriage law. That's why they can't understand the arguments; they prefer not to use reason.

I find some of their arguments compelling; keeping marriage male/female is unfair to some same sex couples. There are real inequalities in the world, some people can't meet standards. Is it kind to destroy standards out of pity for the few individuals who can't find opposite sex mates? Is changing marriage law the best solution for everyone?

No, tolerate everyone and change no fundamental social institution to satisfy sexual predilection; if you want to be safe not sorry.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Rainbow Kid wrote:
Alrighty smarty pants. Where in the heck are you gonna find a straight woman looking to marry a gay guy who can not; and does not; erect for females?[URL delelted] Are you trying to get rid of your virgin wife?
Ad hominem is logical fallacy. I'm not interested in your personal life, I care about the affects of new marriage law on everybody.

Same sex marriage would harm gays already married by incentive's for same sex remarriage where previous, only marriage incentive was male/female marriage. In that way, same sex marriage is ex post facto law; gays have already married under traditional marriage standard, and violates the Constitution's prohibition on ex post facto incrimination.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage is a bizarre cultural change because it introduces gender apartheid to the perfectly integrated, diverse and affirmative action of one man/one woman marriage. That's just one reason to keep marriage male/female; imagine the affect on gender segregated institutions like prisons; same sex marriage is bad for prisoners, guards and the free.
<quoted text>We already have US Supreme Court for the state's right to define marriage as one man and one woman. Anyone has the right to petition the US Supreme Court.
<quoted text>Everyone has their own reasons; we should share to make our arguments stronger. I never insult my political opponents, I strengthen my political power base.
That was no answer. All you did was restate your case.

My point about the Supreme Court was specific to next month, when two cases about gay marriage will be argued before it. No one will be arguing "gender apartheid." It's all in your head.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,981 - 2,000 of17,498
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••