Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Chicago

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Comments
1 - 20 of 17,568 Comments Last updated May 2, 2014
First Prev
of 879
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 8, 2013
And the proper LEGAL backlash at their illicit involvement in Civil Politics is ... wait for it ... loss of their Tax Exempt status.

Just hear them SQUEEEEEL !!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#2 Jan 8, 2013
Pass of fail will the gay community in Chicago follow through with forcing the government to remove there tax exempts for violations in the separation of church and state
the light has come

Danville, IL

#3 Jan 8, 2013
I have seen this push for marriage is not the end of the gay community trying to force and acceptance in today`s society. Free speech is in jeopardy even with a Constitutional right to speak freely. Hate speech is the next step. Even now if people speak out against the gay agenda, they back peddle in fear of losing their popularity. People in public office finding they can not openly speak against the gay agenda without putting their job in jeopardy. The law makers may be trying to to do the right thing to be PC but not looking at inconsequential results in their decision.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#4 Jan 8, 2013
Serves these PC, want everybody to like them ministers/pastors right....

They should have stop bowing down to these people with unnatural lusts decades ago...

But they don't want to offend...

When truth is offensive and the truth of the bible is definitely offensive to those who want to disregard God's laws.

Jesus was not a PC go along to get along , hippie type...

But that's the way to many of these present day Pastors/Christians try to portray him now that's offensive.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#5 Jan 8, 2013
Do they really think all the black folks in Illinois are going to start to vote Republican just because of SSM?

I DON'T THINK SO!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6 Jan 8, 2013
70% of black mothers with kids living in a single parent household. No fathers around. And this is what these holy rollers want to put at the top of their list and boycott?? The nerve of some of these uneducated and unholy church going so call christians smh....
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#7 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
Serves these PC, want everybody to like them ministers/pastors right....
They should have stop bowing down to these people with unnatural lusts decades ago...
But they don't want to offend...
When truth is offensive and the truth of the bible is definitely offensive to those who want to disregard God's laws.
Jesus was not a PC go along to get along , hippie type...
But that's the way to many of these present day Pastors/Christians try to portray him now that's offensive.
Did you forget that we live in America? Your god's laws mean absolutely NOTHING when it comes to our government.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#8 Jan 8, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget that we live in America? Your god's laws mean absolutely NOTHING when it comes to our government.
People who believe in God's laws still have the right to vote, freedom of religion and speech.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#9 Jan 8, 2013
Standing against homosexual agenda is nothing new in the black church. heterosexual marriages has always been pushed by the church. Because black girls go out and have OOW babies, they already know what the church teaches against sex before marriage. Being a single mother do not mean that the mother have no responsibility in raising the boys to respect the girls even if there is no man around. When the church stand against wrong, here come someone who think they should be quite. If they be quite, there are those who think they should speak up. There is no satisfying some people.
AzAdam

Mesa, AZ

#10 Jan 8, 2013
the light has come wrote:
I have seen this push for marriage is not the end of the gay community trying to force and acceptance in today`s society. Free speech is in jeopardy even with a Constitutional right to speak freely. Hate speech is the next step. Even now if people speak out against the gay agenda, they back peddle in fear of losing their popularity. People in public office finding they can not openly speak against the gay agenda without putting their job in jeopardy. The law makers may be trying to to do the right thing to be PC but not looking at inconsequential results in their decision.
You're saying that freedom of speech is violated because a stated position makes someone unpopular?
And you're saying this out in public in print for people to see? How embarrassing for you.
Who was fined? Who was jailed? You said something stupid on this board and now I think you're stupid, but you're not in jail. You didn't have to pay a fine. See how your freedom of speech works Einstein?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#11 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
People who believe in God's laws still have the right to vote, freedom of religion and speech.
Duh. Did you have a point?
the light has come

Danville, IL

#12 Jan 8, 2013
AzAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying that freedom of speech is violated because a stated position makes someone unpopular?
And you're saying this out in public in print for people to see? How embarrassing for you.
Who was fined? Who was jailed? You said something stupid on this board and now I think you're stupid, but you're not in jail. You didn't have to pay a fine. See how your freedom of speech works Einstein?
Did I say violated or in jeopardy. Did I say anything about jail or fined. You must not keep up with the news. When California pass prop 8, there were people who lost there jobs because they made a donation to prop 8. When People in the public eye say anything against gay people, you see them coming back and apologizing. You can think I am stupid but the saw cuts both ways.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#13 Jan 8, 2013
Touchè
Now the shoe is on the other foot
How do you like that?
Brian

Houston, TX

#14 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the sad part. People with no idea of reality get to vote. It's like letting retarded people vote on serious matters.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#15 Jan 8, 2013
<quoted text>Did I say violated or in jeopardy. Did I say anything about jail or fined. You must not keep up with the news. When California pass prop 8, there were people who lost there jobs because they made a donation to prop 8. When People in the public eye say anything against gay people, you see them coming back and apologizing. You can think I am stupid but the saw cuts both ways.
How many people have lost jobs because they are gay? Despite all the howling and whining from the religious leaders, the backlash against supporters of Prop 8 has been all-but-nonexistent.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#16 Jan 8, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the sad part. People with no idea of reality get to vote. It's like letting retarded people vote on serious matters.
History repeats itself
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp8f109F0x1...

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#17 Jan 8, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. They do. So how about we get a bunch of people together and start voting on YOUR right to marry the person of your choice? Sound like a plan?? Would you think that to be a fair and equitable use of the public vote if it was YOUR religious freedom that was being voted down??

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#18 Jan 8, 2013
Don't you find it amusing when leaders who have no real power set out to publicly demonstrate just how impotent they are? Do Illinois pastors actually imagine that they have more power over their flocks than Maryland pastors?
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#19 Jan 8, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Duh. Did you have a point?
Do you EVER have one?

Lets look at your gem here above...genius dude....right?
pathetic.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#20 Jan 8, 2013
Standing against homosexual agenda is nothing new in the black church. heterosexual marriages has always been pushed by the church. Because black girls go out and have OOW babies, they already know what the church teaches against sex before marriage. Being a single mother do not mean that the mother have no responsibility in raising the boys to respect the girls even if there is no man around. When the church stand against wrong, here come someone who think they should be quite. If they be quite, there are those who think they should speak up. There is no satisfying some people.
How's that "stand against wrong" working out for those churches??? 70% of their young mothers having children out of wedlock and raising them with no father in the picture??

I'm thinking that their courageous "stand against wrong" isn't working out so well, is it?

Maybe they should get some education and start living in the real world instead of an ideological world that never has and never will exist....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 879
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,539
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 5 hr ALL ABOUT THE FRE... 31,202
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 6 hr nhjeff 14
Gay marriage opponents take lower profile 7 hr Tam Phat 7
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 9 hr KiMare 24,895
Protester storms Families meeting 10 hr Fa-Foxy 4
'Gayborhoods' fade with growing acceptance of LGBT 11 hr Frankie Rizzo 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••