Same-sex couples greet advent of gay marriage in Maine with midnight weddings

Full story: The Washington Post

Sarah Dowling, left, speaks at a Nov. 1 gay marriage rally, accompanied by her partner of 18 years, Linda Wolfe, and their daughter, Maya Dowling-Wolfe, in Portland, Maine.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“REPEAL OBAMA'S DEFERRED ACTION”

Since: Mar 09

FOR CHILDHOOD ARRIVALS ACT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually.....no, they don't and even if they did......it matters not because the bible doesn't run our government!!!
Yes but we the people do and if we the people believe in those "mere bible stories", we elect candidates that also believe in those "mere bible stories...which basically means youre screwed.

hahahahaha

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but we the people do and if we the people believe in those "mere bible stories", we elect candidates that also believe in those "mere bible stories...which basically means youre screwed.
hahahahaha
Obviously, it hasn't worked for you yet.....and besides, you nor the beliefs you claim to have can make laws against those who you have issues with......they'd be UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of free will, stupid? You CHOOSE to be gay, God did not make you that way. STUPID.
If God already knows the outcome, why does He allow it? If HE can make the world, why can't HE control whom people sleep with? I would think it was much easier.

As for His foreknowledge, that must suck for God if He is watching a really good mystery and already knows the ending.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well....your silly definition of a bigot is anyone who doesn't agree with the perverted, weird, gay agenda which basically means they're not bigots at all!!
I can see by your own name that you are a first degree bigot.
And a complete idiot.
Practice what you preach

Hamilton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Each sin is waiting equally. Why judge someone beause they sin differently than you? Mocking those who simply don't agree with is a sin. In case any of you have actually read any scripture...Jesus spent his time with hookers and drunks. Furthermore, this is America and no one should be governed by anyone's religious ideals. So, if seeing two women kiss each other grosses you out enough to fight basic human rights you may want to move somewhere where the neaderthals agree with you, like IRAN! lol!
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>If God already knows the outcome, why does He allow it? If HE can make the world, why can't HE control whom people sleep with? I would think it was much easier.
As for His foreknowledge, that must suck for God if He is watching a really good mystery and already knows the ending.
GOD gives you the opportunity to be saved by accepting him and he also gives you the opportuity to BURN IN HELL IF YOU DO NOT.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but your bible and especially Leviticus DON'T apply to anyone in today's society......funny how you folks love to quote scripture, but rarely follow them!!!
JESUS came to fulfill the law not do away with it.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, it hasn't worked for you yet.....and besides, you nor the beliefs you claim to have can make laws against those who you have issues with......they'd be UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!
Man made laws - not GOD'S LAW.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see by your own name that you are a first degree bigot.
And a complete idiot.
Oh boo hoo....now ask me if I care what a nobody like you thinks about me.

hahahaha

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, anything that is mentioned in Leviticus is Old Testament and doesn't apply to anyone but maybe the Israelite's.......and we don't live by your bible beliefs or your mythical book!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Practice what you preach wrote:
Each sin is waiting equally. Why judge someone beause they sin differently than you? Mocking those who simply don't agree with is a sin. In case any of you have actually read any scripture...Jesus spent his time with hookers and drunks. Furthermore, this is America and no one should be governed by anyone's religious ideals. So, if seeing two women kiss each other grosses you out enough to fight basic human rights you may want to move somewhere where the neaderthals agree with you, like IRAN! lol!
I have a better idea, why don't we ship all of YOU to Iran.

Buhbiyeeee!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Man made laws - not GOD'S LAW.
If you are a true bible person.....you need to go read parts of Peter, where God told people to follow man's laws!!!!

And again, we don't live by God's laws.....WE LIVE BY MAN'S LAWS and the Constitution:-)
orlando east

Grimsby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
explain please
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a true bible person.....you need to go read parts of Peter, where God told people to follow man's laws!!!!
And again, we don't live by God's laws.....WE LIVE BY MAN'S LAWS and the Constitution:-)
Is that why we took GODS name and prayers out of the schools? Out of the government offices? We took prayers and the mention of GOD out of the DNC convention? Why Franklin Graham was not allowed to say the prayer in the white house but the WH had a Ramadan party? Do you honestly think GOD wants to be omitted from this? HE has been there all these years and now he is not welcome?? There are hot times coming for America - the Christians know this but GOD help those that do not. FREEDOM OF RELIGION DOES NOT MEAN MUCH ANYMORE BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

orlando east wrote:
<quoted text>
explain please
BEFORE WE lived under the blood sacrifice of animals for our sins under Moses law and the Ten Commandments, Jesus came to be our blood sacrifices because mankind could not live a sinless life. HIS BLOOD COVERS OUR SINS.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
FREEDOM OF RELIGION DOES NOT MEAN MUCH ANYMORE BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU.
If our Founding Fathers had wanted a National Religion....they would have given one.....but they left England BECAUSE of not having the right to worship as they see fit.......God hasn't been in schools for decades and it shouldn't be in schools.....it wasn't mandatory when I was in school......and parents had a right to opt their kids out of certain things like holiday events, plays and craft making!!!

FREEDOM OF RELIGION is EXTREMELY important today.......it gives you the right to believe as you see fit and it gives me the right to believe differently than you and express those differences!!!

Frankly, I don't see how one's religious views is CONSTITUTIONALLY protected right, yet it is perfectly okay to deny Gays and Lesbians the right to marry based on some Churches old worn out doctrine!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
If our Founding Fathers had wanted a National Religion....they would have given one.....but they left England BECAUSE of not having the right to worship as they see fit.......God hasn't been in schools for decades and it shouldn't be in schools.....it wasn't mandatory when I was in school......and parents had a right to opt their kids out of certain things like holiday events, plays and craft making!!!
FREEDOM OF RELIGION is EXTREMELY important today.......it gives you the right to believe as you see fit and it gives me the right to believe differently than you and express those differences!!!
Frankly, I don't see how one's religious views is CONSTITUTIONALLY protected right, yet it is perfectly okay to deny Gays and Lesbians the right to marry based on some Churches old worn out doctrine!!!
Seperation of church and state works both ways...the state cant tell the church what they can and cannot do and freedom of speech includes freedom of religious speech...

Look it up, bigot.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>If God already knows the outcome, why does He allow it? If HE can make the world, why can't HE control whom people sleep with? I would think it was much easier.
Youre dumb.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Seperation of church and state works both ways...the state cant tell the church what they can and cannot do and freedom of speech includes freedom of religious speech...
Look it up, bigot.
Actually the only one being a bigot here is YOU......but that's nothing new.......you've been like that probably most of your life.......and you will more than likely die that way........I wonder how you might have felt when treated poorly for the color of your skin.....if you happen to be Black....that is?

You have the freedom to post what ya want as long as it doesn't violate topix's TOS, you also have the right to protest in a public arena, again, as long as no laws are violated......but guess what......I have the same rights as you do and I opt to thrash your viewpoints:-)

And I don't believe any State has told any Church that they must violate their Church Doctrine and marry Same-Sex Couples or what they can or can't preach about......YET, the same is not true for the Churches or their Religious Clergies........I mean the Religious Clergy are speaking in front of House and Senate Committees about why Same-Sex Couples should be denied the right to marry......maybe we should remove the Churches tax exempt status for interfering with State's rights to define marriage......I mean they can't have it both ways!!!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD gives you the opportunity to be saved by accepting him and he also gives you the opportuity to BURN IN HELL IF YOU DO NOT.
But God knew my fate before I was born. HOW am I supposed to fight that? HE is in charge, not me or you. HE decides who or what is what. He is even in charge of Satan, and he can't seem to reel HIM in. What chance do I have against stuff God knew about millenium ago?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••