Postal survey: gay Muslims shake off ...

Postal survey: gay Muslims shake off conservative image to back same-sex marriage

There are 36 comments on the The Age story from Sep 18, 2017, titled Postal survey: gay Muslims shake off conservative image to back same-sex marriage. In it, The Age reports that:

They are two communities that often find themselves exposed to vitriol and hate masquerading as respectful debate. Muslims and gays, unlikely bedfellows in some circumstances, know the battle scars of discrimination and prejudice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Age.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shirvell s Shrivel

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Sep 18, 2017
The vitriol in this thread is going to be over the top because the closet case homophobes have a double suppression as xstain fundies here:

Their attraction not just to men, but to muslim men.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that....)
Shirvell s Shrivel

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Sep 18, 2017
Every muslim member of the US Congress so far supported marriage equality.

On the other hand, about every ultra homophobic, male, talibangelical member of the US Congress in recent history has supported surreptitious homosexual liaisons for himself....
RalphB

Bridgeton, MO

#6 Sep 19, 2017
Constitutionalist wrote:
Marriage is to be decided at the state level.
Read the 10th amendment,

Amendment X:
All powers not delegated to the US by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

The Constitution says absolutely nothing about the government being allowed to define marriage.
Therefore, marriage is to be left to the States to decide.
You would have a better chance to support your claim if you also believe that no special rights, privileges, or benefits were given to those who marry. Once you do that the Constitution comes into play, and you must grant all those things to everyone. Therefore, marriage must be extended to same sex couples. Now, if you want to take away all those special benefits, you could have marriage for only straight people. But then, why would anyone want to marry?
Ted Haggard s Masseur

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Sep 19, 2017
Constitutionalis t wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid idiot.

I never said i was perfect
You're another racist, homophobic, braying jackazz with a monumentally stupid, fake "patriot" moniker who was lecturing others nonsensically about a subject - marriage as it intersects with federalism - you objectively know nothing about.

Just stick to what you know - you hate lgbt persons and equal lgbt rights.
Ted Haggard s Masseur

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Sep 19, 2017
<quoted text>
Gotta laugh at how you cowards claim to support the constitution, then immediately turn me off because my screen name is "constitutionalist"
Actually it is not funny when you assume that title for yourself when every single thing you claimed on the subject was flat out wrong and you were completely ignorant of the many counter examples to your unschooled claims.

Now my moniker is funny. It sums up so much about the "constitutionalist" talibangelical mouthbreathers and their utter vacuousness and hypocrisy.
Faith

Charlotte, MI

#19 Sep 20, 2017
Gay marriage should be outlawed across the board. And homosexuals need to get back in the closet so as not to subject normal people to their shameful perversion. Perhaps they could be sent away to leper colonies, where they could ply their unnatural trade isolated away from decent society.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#22 Sep 20, 2017
Faith wrote:
Gay marriage should be outlawed across the board. And homosexuals need to get back in the closet so as not to subject normal people to their shameful perversion. Perhaps they could be sent away to leper colonies, where they could ply their unnatural trade isolated away from decent society.
Keep on dreaming, but don't put any "faith" into it!!!!
Faith

Charlotte, MI

#24 Sep 20, 2017
I'm so glad I wasn't born a confused deviant freak.
Prosperity Fundieraiser

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Sep 20, 2017
<quoted text>
Oh by the way, This is not my big idea, It is the LAW!! The constitution is the law.
=Hey perfect ignoramus, we know you revile the Loving v. decision.(Do you even know what that is, "constitutionalist"? ) Just say it: Can Utah still have polygamy? The US forced Utah to change its marriage laws in that regard (strictly speaking as a condition of becoming a state.) Same for many states and underage brides. Same for married couples being able to use birth control - the feds told the states, properly, that they may not prohibit that.

=Glad to know you opposed DOMA (do you know what that was, "constitutionalist"? ) because marriage is a state matter.

=Hey cretin, nice to know you have no objection to all the states which got marriage equality via their own legislatures or via their own state courts (which the fundies then appealed to the federal judiciary in most cases.)

=You're a laugh riot. You know absolutely zero about what you're mouthing off on...for starters.
Prosperity Fundieraiser

Philadelphia, PA

#27 Sep 20, 2017
<quoted text>
-Leave it to the STATES. A government that dictates marriage laws is a government that is too big.
When issues are LEFT TO THE STATES, then each state can decide whats best for them.
(But ya cant teach that to a big government liberal who hates the constitution. They call ya a jackazz with sexualll problems that dont know what youre talking about. Even tho i have read the constitution in its entirety many times, while they have prolly never even touched a copy.)

When issues are LEFT TO THE STATES, If i dont like what Alabama's doing, i can move to some other state where i like their laws/govenment.

If gay marriage is outlawed in one state, some person can move to a gay friendly state.(But liberals hate this idea!! Why? Because it screws up their diversity agenda!)
No, mongoloid:

When you psychosexually sick, right wing theocrats passed the Defense of Marriage Act you took the issue of marriage equality away from the states. You are deeply, hilarious ignorant.

Regarding your equally hilarious idea of leaving things to the states in general: Cletus, you freeeks lost the Civil War. The federal courts also have final say over buybull state laws as they do over every other state's.

And stupid, I'll be the intolerant one when I say braying, ignorant, stupid, fake victim talibangelicals may not marry, adopt, foster, teach, serve in the military, have sex in private, be protected from arbitrary firing.
Prosperity Fundieraiser

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Sep 20, 2017
"Constitutionalis t"

LOL. There are even yawning holes in the moniker itself.
Prosperity Fundieraiser

Philadelphia, PA

#33 Sep 20, 2017
<quoted text>
Stop this bullsht.
YES utah can have polygamy
YES married couples can use birth control
YES i opposed Defense OF Marriage Act
Halfwit, you can use a shorter moniker or one with intentional spaces. That's why your current moniker is munged. You don't even know how _that_ works.

You don't have a clue what you're saying. I'll leave out the Supreme Court decision names this time and dumb it down, you rube:

No state may have polygamy. You're simply deranged, in a fantasy world. The federal government has not and will not permit it. Marriage is not simply "a state matter" as you ignorantly claimed.(If there are men with multiple wives they get prosecuted when the authorities get around to it.)

The point about birth control use by married couples is that some states were trying to outlaw it. The federal government said the states could not do so. Marriage is not simply "a state matter."

States may not bar interracial marriage. That again was codified by the federal courts. Marriage is not a "state matter."

Whether you say you opposed DOMA has nothing to do with the point, idiot. The point is that Congress definitely took the matter of marriage away from the states when it passed DOMA. I am refuting your stupid, uneducated, incorrect claim that marriage is "a state matter." With DOMA the Congress told - for awhile - states that they could not have marriage equality, period. DOMA made marriage a _federal_ matter in a way it hadn't quite been before.

The right wing, "patriot," "constitutionalist," second amendment remedy" base - gun accident victims and Darwin Award winners in waiting. You stupid, braying, ignorant, Blackshirt, uneducated bigots.
Prosperity Fundieraiser

Philadelphia, PA

#36 Sep 20, 2017
<quoted text>
One more thing.
If DOMA has "nothing to do with the point", then why did you keep hounding me over it?
That is not what I said, moron. I said that you claim to have opposed DOMA has nothing to do with the fact that DOMA along negates your stupid, obstinate, ignorant claim that marriage is a state matter. You can't even read and understand _that_, and you're presuming to tell others about "constitutionalis_t" matters? Jaysus the right wing base keeps getting dumber and more rabid and stupider and more diseased.

But that still isn't as stupid as your claim that Utah may have polygamy. Or your misunderstanding of the US Supreme Court telling states they may not bar married couples from using birth control.

Hey stupid: Federal courts hold sway over state laws. Our tiki khakkki neighbors lost the Civil War. Marriage is not simply "a state matter," as you seem to think.
Prosperity Fundieraiser

Philadelphia, PA

#39 Sep 20, 2017
<quoted text>
I cant do anything about the fact that there is a space in constitutionalis t.
He y br o, y ou mad?

You could shorten it, but given the level of your definitely not faked ignorance I think you should change it to "Patriot" or some other facile, right wing wet dream moniker. Lay off the legal stuff.

The existence of DOMA makes nonsense of your highlaareeeous claim that marriage is a state matter. Of course there are all those other examples you couldn't and can't understand, too.

Why don't you move to Utah and marry three women, one of them a child bride, and let us know how it works out legally?

"Utah can have polygamy." lol
Badass meaney

Saint Albans, VT

#42 Sep 20, 2017
Prosperity Fundieraiser wrote:
He y br o, y ou mad?
You're anasshole.

Please appreciate the fact that I'm being honest to you.
Badass meaney

Birmingham, AL

#44 Sep 20, 2017
And anasshole
Badass meaney

Birmingham, AL

#46 Sep 20, 2017
Penis wrote:
How did you change your location from VT to AL so fast?
I own many burner phones purchased all over the States.
Badass meaney

Birmingham, AL

#47 Sep 20, 2017
I even have one with an Alaskan sim card ... among others.
Prosperity Fundieraiser

Philadelphia, PA

#48 Sep 20, 2017
"Constitutionalis t"

LOL.

Does not know the Civil War was fought and lost by the insurrectionist slave owners. The federal courts (and federal laws) supercede state ones. Not secede. Supercede.

Marriage has not been "left to the states" when it came to polygamy, marriage equality (Congress made it federal by passing DOMA, for starters,) birth control for married couples, underage brides, interracial marriage, etc., although those are the major ones.

I'm just surprised you're not foaming about how "marriage should be left to the churches [sic]."
Prosperity Fundieraiser

Philadelphia, PA

#51 Sep 20, 2017
Charles wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe its because he believes in the constitution, dumbassssss.
Sure, except like all the other right wing cretins who are "patriots" and "constitutionalis ts" and "tiki khakkki militia" he doesn't understand the first damn thing about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 min cpeter1313 20,871
News Same-sex suburban couples are changing the equa... 21 min Antoine 3
News Moderators, Wardlow bring Ellison's abuse alleg... 29 min Space ace 1
News Mix of setbacks, gains unsettles many transgend... 34 min Antoine 2
News Priest exploited teena s confession of a sina T... 1 hr weapon X 15
News Malaysia cannot accept same-sex marriage, says ... 10 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 35
News The migration of same-sex couples to the suburb... 14 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 29