Drag queen's speech fuels Irish gay r...

Drag queen's speech fuels Irish gay rights debate

There are 24 comments on the Yahoo! story from Feb 11, 2014, titled Drag queen's speech fuels Irish gay rights debate. In it, Yahoo! reports that:

Ireland's top drag queen, Miss Panti Bliss, has driven a stiletto heel through this nation's long-running debate on gay rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Yahoo!.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#1 Feb 11, 2014
About time this piece hit Topix. He gave a great speech last week!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2 Feb 11, 2014
I agree. By the way, is roboblogger the only place that stories are coming from? I've seen very few posted by anyone else.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#3 Feb 11, 2014
Matter of fact, I've just checked every headline listed to the right of my screen, and every one is originated by roboblogger. Are there no editors anymore?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Feb 11, 2014
RalphB wrote:
Matter of fact, I've just checked every headline listed to the right of my screen, and every one is originated by roboblogger. Are there no editors anymore?
Nope.

All the news they say we get to read.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Feb 11, 2014
Marcavage s Trick

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Feb 11, 2014
I don't know about this "Ireland's top drag queen" claim, particularly since she herself has a Jewish female impersonator called Panti Bris.

Or Asian...I'm not totally sure.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#7 Feb 11, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
All the news they say we get to read.
That SUCKS.

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#8 Feb 11, 2014
Her speech was brilliant. Well done Panti!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#9 Feb 11, 2014
RalphB wrote:
I agree. By the way, is roboblogger the only place that stories are coming from? I've seen very few posted by anyone else.
They eliminated editors on this forum last fall, Roboblogger is the only game in town. You can bring any story on their news wire to the forum, just by hitting the comment icon under the article and posting to it.It won't appear on the news page but will list it on the forum..

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#10 Feb 12, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>They eliminated editors on this forum last fall, Roboblogger is the only game in town. You can bring any story on their news wire to the forum, just by hitting the comment icon under the article and posting to it.It won't appear on the news page but will list it on the forum..
Thanks.

this one

#11 Feb 12, 2014
RalphB wrote:
Thanks.
I came back from vacation and found that I was no longer able to post stories. No notice, nothing, just the cute little game over icon on my avatar and that of every other ex editor on the site. Thanks Topix.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#13 Feb 12, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I came back from vacation and found that I was no longer able to post stories. No notice, nothing, just the cute little game over icon on my avatar and that of every other ex editor on the site. Thanks Topix.
My guess would be it's all about the money. We will probably see trolls run wild, and Topix will just let it happen, wanting to cut out more man-hours of "editors" or "moderators" on their staff. I guess we should be looking for alternatives in the meantime. Know of any?

this one

#14 Feb 12, 2014
RalphB wrote:
My guess would be it's all about the money. We will probably see trolls run wild, and Topix will just let it happen, wanting to cut out more man-hours of "editors" or "moderators" on their staff. I guess we should be looking for alternatives in the meantime. Know of any?
This site was pretty much written off when they started their Politix site. What was already a poorly maintained site has been allowed to become more of one. I gave up bothering with the Topix janitorial staff long ago, there really is no point in reporting anything that goes on here, they really don't give a rat's you know what.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#15 Feb 13, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>This site was pretty much written off when they started their Politix site. What was already a poorly maintained site has been allowed to become more of one. I gave up bothering with the Topix janitorial staff long ago, there really is no point in reporting anything that goes on here, they really don't give a rat's you know what.
So, any idea where to go?

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#17 Feb 13, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
To HeII
Hell is already full. Your kind were so smart they made reservations far in advance.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#18 Feb 13, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
To HeII
For that I would have to crawl into your mind, for that is the only place it exists. And as twisted as the description of Hell has been throughout history, your mind is the perfect place for it. Not me, thank you.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#20 Feb 13, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You AssTrolls are already in heII. Sad pathetic creatures.
Actually, my husband and I have a very useful, loving, productive life. You see, we believe in making the most of our life in the here-and-now. If there is such a place as heaven and hell, and I don't believe there is, I would be judged on how well I treat myself and others, not like you who treats them in such a despicable way. I have no fear of the hereafter, and no need to worry about how I will be judged (if there were such a thing). My best revenge on you and others like you is to go on living my very happy life, while you wallow in your hatred. You dis-liking me is just an added benefit to me, for I truly believe that my enemies are a good indicator of how well I am handling this chore of being human and humane.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#22 Feb 13, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your husband?? So you must be the wife in your perveOnlyrted relationship. Congratulations, you're a bottom........feeder. Roflmfao
I must? The only thing your uneducated post shows is what a lack of intelligence on the subject you have. Only a woman can be a "wife". And much to your chagrin, I as as much of a man, and probably more so, than you. I know it's tough for you to swallow, but go ahead......swallow. It really won't hurt you.
Trousers trout

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Feb 13, 2014
I love my children, too. But that does not mean I will permit them from doing anything they want. I am not a totally permissive parent. It is possible to love gays without allowing same-sex marriage. It does not mean you are "homophobic", whatever that is.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#25 Feb 13, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll leave the su:cking and swallowing to you queers. Real men don't su:ck or take a d!ck up the a:ss.
Boy, are you in for a surprise someday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 9 min Fa-Foxy 57
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 10 hr romyou_tx 129
News Kerryann Taylor Weds Matthew French (Mar '13) Wed Honest truth 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Jun 29 Tre H 4,336
News The Latest: Trump says canceling Chicago rally ... Jun 28 Anonymous 1,729
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... Jun 28 Anne Russell 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Jun 28 Levy Hater 31,925
More from around the web