Seattle City Hall to host same-sex we...

Seattle City Hall to host same-sex weddings Dec. 9

There are 10 comments on the KING-TV Seattle story from Nov 16, 2012, titled Seattle City Hall to host same-sex weddings Dec. 9. In it, KING-TV Seattle reports that:

Seattle City Hall will open for several hours for wedding ceremonies on the Sunday after Washington state's new law allowing gay marriage takes effect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KING-TV Seattle.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Nov 16, 2012
Will they be discriminating against opposite-sex couples?

Seriously, who writes these headlines?
TravisA

Dayton, OH

#2 Nov 16, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Will they be discriminating against opposite-sex couples?
Seriously, who writes these headlines?
where does it say that?

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Nov 16, 2012
TravisA wrote:
<quoted text>
where does it say that?
The headline says they will "host same-sex weddings". I was simply asking if that meant they'd be hosting ONLY same-sex weddings and not opposite-sex ones as well.
Berkeley Barb

Fremont, CA

#4 Nov 17, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The headline says they will "host same-sex weddings". I was simply asking if that meant they'd be hosting ONLY same-sex weddings and not opposite-sex ones as well.
Are you really unaware that marriage equality is new to Washington? These city hall weddings are a result of that. It doesn't imply that they would be "discriminating against opposite-sex couples". Why can't you just be happy for these people?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Nov 17, 2012
HAIL SEATTLE ! The JEWEL of Canada !

:)

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 Nov 17, 2012
Berkeley Barb wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really unaware that marriage equality is new to Washington? These city hall weddings are a result of that. It doesn't imply that they would be "discriminating against opposite-sex couples". Why can't you just be happy for these people?
I'm extremely happy that same-sex couples will be able to marry in Washington, as well as Maine & Maryland.

But does that mean our first act is to discriminate against opposite-sex couples?

If the City Hall is only hosting "same-sex weddings" on Dec 9th as the headline states, then it is indeed discrimintion against opposite-sex couples.
Berkeley Barb

Fremont, CA

#7 Nov 17, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm extremely happy that same-sex couples will be able to marry in Washington, as well as Maine & Maryland.
But does that mean our first act is to discriminate against opposite-sex couples?
If the City Hall is only hosting "same-sex weddings" on Dec 9th as the headline states, then it is indeed discrimintion against opposite-sex couples.
Where are you getting this? The city of Seattle is doing something nice for couples who've long been discriminated against and you see it as "our first act is to discriminate against opposite-sex couples."

How many opposite-sex couples are going to start screaming discrimination because of this? Besides, nowhere does the article say or even imply that they're prohibited. Stop being so paranoid looking for something that isn't there. It's time to be happy for these people, not look for ways to rain on their parade.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8 Nov 17, 2012
Berkeley Barb wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you getting this? The city of Seattle is doing something nice for couples who've long been discriminated against and you see it as "our first act is to discriminate against opposite-sex couples."
How many opposite-sex couples are going to start screaming discrimination because of this? Besides, nowhere does the article say or even imply that they're prohibited. Stop being so paranoid looking for something that isn't there. It's time to be happy for these people, not look for ways to rain on their parade.
I was simply pointing out the headline of the article could have been better written, since it won't only be for same-sex weddings.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10 Nov 19, 2012
Ricardo wrote:
This is blatant discrimination. I'm a Normal and Decent hetero and I wanna get married there on 12/09/12, this just aint fair and another example of the gay agenda!!!
If you are normal then you are neither decent or natural.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#11 Nov 19, 2012
Ricardo wrote:
This is blatant discrimination. I'm a Normal and Decent hetero and I wanna get married there on 12/09/12, this just aint fair and another example of the gay agenda!!!
Who said you can't marry on that date? Yes, even irrational bigots are allowed to marry.

You can take your vows surrounded by folks who truly value marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Organization of Arab Student celebrates culture... 12 min They cannot kill ... 3
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Roy 14,024
News In Kentucky town, gay-marriage opponent Davis s... 4 hr Retribution 18
News PM continues gay marriage victory blitz 8 hr Gremlin 1
News Supporters of the same-sex marriage "Yes" vote ... 8 hr Gremlin 5
News Bristol Palin: Breaking abstinence pledge again... (Jun '15) 9 hr anonz 18
News Lesbian granted rights of 'husband' in same-sex... (May '17) 15 hr Thinking Out Loud 28
More from around the web