First Australian gay couples to legal...

First Australian gay couples to legally marry

There are 1725 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Dec 5, 2013, titled First Australian gay couples to legally marry. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

A state lawmaker and his partner plan to fly 3,500 kilometers across Australia to become one of the nation's first same-sex couples to legally marry at an after-midnight ceremony in the Australian capital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#249 Dec 9, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
And you actually think it would bother me to have you think I am gay? LOL....this is just because you have a want to use the false idea that those who are homosexual are inferior when it is you that comes accross as both weak and inferior. There is never anthing wrong with anyone on this planet wanting to be who they are, nor is there anything wrong with wanting justice, The problem only exists with sick bastards like you trying to make people feel less than the slithering creep you turned into ( if that is even possible?) It is you and those like you who are frightened of your own sexuality, which clearly says more about you, than those seeking to be free of your ignorant bigotry.:)
Gay marriage will become a reality across this country so you best get used to it or go and find a country more suited to your lack of vision....and it should never need vision to implement what is right, it should be accepted without dispute in a humane and caring society of total inclusion.
That's true. He must feel such an inadequate little worm, that he thinks trolling on here makes him better than anyone.

How pathetic. LOLOL!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#250 Dec 9, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
You've missed one very important point here you moron, and that is you are dealing with a collection of raving aids carrying f*ggots, ANYTHING they have to say is irrelevant.
Even if that were true, they would STILL be better people than you.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#251 Dec 9, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. He must feel such an inadequate little worm, that he thinks trolling on here makes him better than anyone.
How pathetic. LOLOL!
We won't tell him that he is in the minority when it comes to those who favor the right of homosexuals to marry in this country then?:)
Ozzie

Perth, Australia

#252 Dec 10, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
you are definately one of those that believes in free speech and liberty eh!
And you are definately one of those who believe that women can pee standing up!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#253 Dec 10, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
We won't tell him that he is in the minority when it comes to those who favor the right of homosexuals to marry in this country then?:)
Shhhh! Not that it would sink in anyway.
the infidel

Perth, Australia

#254 Dec 10, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Shhhh! Not that it would sink in anyway.
What a great post, 2 old d-kes agreeing with each other about something that will soon be thrown out in this country.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#255 Dec 10, 2013
the infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
What a great post, 2 old d-kes agreeing with each other about something that will soon be thrown out in this country.
Thanks for proving my point...little boy.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#256 Dec 10, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not "basic". Esoteric.
"[ es·o·ter·ic [es-uh-ter-ik]
adjective
1. understood by or meant for only the select few who have special knowledge or interest; recondite: poetry full of esoteric allusions.
2. belonging to the select few.
3. private; secret; confidential.
4.(of a philosophical doctrine or the like) intended to be revealed only to the initiates of a group: the esoteric doctrines of Pythagoras.]"
http://tinyurl.com/l9b7sbt
When you scuttle for refuge behind such grandiose spoutings as ....
"In Law, that's how the Onus Probandi (semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit) works."
and for good measure ....
"Argumentum ad Ignorantium"......
.... you loftily require that the average layman should have to undergo a crash course in Latin in order to understand you. May it please the Court I put it to my learned colleague that they should not.
<quoted text>
No need to speculate. My motives could not have been spelled out more plainly. I refer you again to them ....
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TM...
<quoted text>
In whose biased opinion ... yours? That is to be expected.
Next I suppose you'll be telling me that I am the first to cut though all the rainbow posturing to zero in on core issues that you don't like scrutinized too closely for comfort. You find the fact that I openly invite others to do so 'unwelcome'.
<quoted text>
Here. Get started. It shouldn't take long to get these memorized.
1. Define "harm".
2. Define effects on social fabric for future generations.
3. Define effects on family values in the future.
4. Define measures would you consider justifiable in the event that this experiment might be found to fall short of hopes held for it by some advocates.
<quoted text>
You wish.:)
Been there, done that, got the tea towel. Many times over.
Here's a radical idea ... how about you lead debate on the 4 questions I've raised above, or at least try not to redirect from them. To use your word, they are "basic" to the theme under discussion.
:)
A high school course in Speech and Debate, and another in Critical Thinking supply the necessary vocabulary, as do junior high school courses in Civics and high school courses in Government.

I guess it depends upon the quality of your educational institution.

1-4 call for speculation.

Let's stick to what's real, shall we?

The Netherlands was the first country to legalize same-sex marriages, with the first marriages performed in the Amsterdam city hall on 1 April 2001. Since then, same-sex marriages have been performed legally by Belgium (2003), Spain (2005), Canada (2003 - in some provinces; 2005 - nationally), South Africa (2006), Norway (2009), Sweden (2009), Portugal (2010), Iceland (2010), Argentina (2010), Denmark (2012), Brazil (2013), France (2013), Uruguay (2013), New Zealand (2013), and the United Kingdom (eff. 2014, England and Wales only).

In the United States, same-sex marriages are performed in its federal district, the District of Columbia (2010), and in sixteen states: Massachusetts (2004), Connecticut (2008), Iowa (2009), Vermont (2009), New Hampshire (2010), New York (2011), Washington (2012), Maine (2012), Maryland (2013), California (briefly in 2008, then in 2013), Delaware (2013), Minnesota (2013), Rhode Island (2013), New Jersey (2013), Hawaii (2013), and Illinois (June 1, 2014). A 2013 Supreme Court ruling requires the federal government to recognize same-sex marriages performed by states that allow same-sex marriage.

In Mexico, same-sex marriages are performed in Mexico City (2010) and Quintana Roo (2012), but same-sex marriages are legally recognized throughout the country.

2001. 12 1/2 years ago.

It's time.

Location hidden

#257 Dec 10, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not "basic". Esoteric.
"[ es·o·ter·ic [es-uh-ter-ik]
adjective
1. understood by or meant for only the select few who have special knowledge or interest; recondite: poetry full of esoteric allusions.
2. belonging to the select few.
3. private; secret; confidential.
4.(of a philosophical doctrine or the like) intended to be revealed only to the initiates of a group: the esoteric doctrines of Pythagoras.]"
http://tinyurl.com/l9b7sbt
When you scuttle for refuge behind such grandiose spoutings as ....
"In Law, that's how the Onus Probandi (semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit) works."
and for good measure ....
"Argumentum ad Ignorantium"......
.... you loftily require that the average layman should have to undergo a crash course in Latin in order to understand you. May it please the Court I put it to my learned colleague that they should not.
<quoted text>
No need to speculate. My motives could not have been spelled out more plainly. I refer you again to them ....
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TM...
<quoted text>
In whose biased opinion ... yours? That is to be expected.
Next I suppose you'll be telling me that I am the first to cut though all the rainbow posturing to zero in on core issues that you don't like scrutinized too closely for comfort. You find the fact that I openly invite others to do so 'unwelcome'.
<quoted text>
Here. Get started. It shouldn't take long to get these memorized.
1. Define "harm".
2. Define effects on social fabric for future generations.
3. Define effects on family values in the future.
4. Define measures would you consider justifiable in the event that this experiment might be found to fall short of hopes held for it by some advocates.
<quoted text>
You wish.:)
Been there, done that, got the tea towel. Many times over.
Here's a radical idea ... how about you lead debate on the 4 questions I've raised above, or at least try not to redirect from them. To use your word, they are "basic" to the theme under discussion.
:)
A high school course in Speech and Debate, and another in Critical Thinking supply the necessary vocabulary, as do junior high school courses in Civics and high school courses in Government.

I guess it depends upon the quality of your educational institution.

Let's stick to what's real, shall we?

The Netherlands was the first country to legalize same-sex Marriages, with the first Marriages performed in the Amsterdam city hall on 1 April 2001. Since then, same-sex Marriages have been performed legally by Belgium (2003), Spain (2005), Canada (2003 - in some provinces; 2005 - nationally), South Africa (2006), Norway (2009), Sweden (2009), Portugal (2010), Iceland (2010), Argentina (2010), Denmark (2012), Brazil (2013), France (2013), Uruguay (2013), New Zealand (2013), and the United Kingdom (eff. 2014, England and Wales only).

In the U.S., same-sex Marriages are performed in the District of Columbia (2010), and in sixteen States: Massachusetts (2004), Connecticut (2008), Iowa (2009), Vermont (2009), New Hampshire (2010), New York (2011), Washington (2012), Maine (2012), Maryland (2013), California (briefly in 2008, then in 2013), Delaware (2013), Minnesota (2013), Rhode Island (2013), New Jersey (2013), Hawaii (2013), and Illinois (June 1, 2014). A 2013 U.S. Supreme Court Ruling requires the Federal Government to recognize same-sex Marriages performed by States that allow same-sex Marriage.

In Mexico, same-sex Marriages are performed in Mexico City (2010) and Quintana Roo (2012), but same-sex Marriages are legally recognized throughout the Country.

2001. 12 1/2 years ago.

It's time.

Location hidden

#258 Dec 10, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so naive, gay marriage is only the end result to fairness and equality to a group that have existed in our society since the beginning of time. So called heterosexual male would have sex with one another so they could stay in on the hunt for food and not waste time going back to the cave because of their want for sex, if they didn't do this they would have all starved to death, ever noticed in prisons why men make other men their bitches.....so I wouldn't criticise people who are born homosexual, they are by far the most honest and decent about their sexuality and preference....Hetro males have been know to have sex with their animals....they can be rather sick bastards.
That was very good, indeed.
Ozzie

Perth, Australia

#259 Dec 10, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so naive, gay marriage is only the end result to fairness and equality to a group that have existed in our society since the beginning of time. So called heterosexual male would have sex with one another so they could stay in on the hunt for food and not waste time going back to the cave because of their want for sex, if they didn't do this they would have all starved to death, ever noticed in prisons why men make other men their bitches.....so I wouldn't criticise people who are born homosexual, they are by far the most honest and decent about their sexuality and preference....Hetro males have been know to have sex with their animals....they can be rather sick bastards.
Hey Annie, Did you say that using a David Attenborough accent? Bwahaha! What a crock!

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#261 Dec 10, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss the part where it said "his domestic partner", what does domestic partner mean to you, what it means to me and the rest of the world is his f*ggot boyfriend. Or if you want to be limp wristed about it they are one of these 'gay couples', is it any clearer now ?
And you know they were sexual partners how? They were partners alright pedophile partners.

Big difference.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Pennant Hills, Australia

#262 Dec 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem fixated on using the word "speculation" as a pejorative.

Valid responses to my initial recent input (if unhindered by defensiveness) could be more substantial than mere speculation. Does that cause you anxiety? It seems so.

As I had anticipated, you seem keen to direct discussion away from that input.

Are you allowing for posters who have not been through the same (elective?) High School courses that you extol? Your insinuation that skills in 'speech and debate' and in 'critical thinking' are unpersuasive unless in lock-step with your own is at best presumptuous.

The rest of your reply lists facts which can be looked up anywhere. Facts need not equate to merit, but merit itself can be fact. You seem unwilling to embrace consideration of this.

If you reply at all, perhaps avoid esoteric convolution. Instead of talking over the heads of some posters here try communicating instead.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#263 Dec 10, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss the part where it said "his domestic partner", what does domestic partner mean to you, what it means to me and the rest of the world is his f*ggot boyfriend. Or if you want to be limp wristed about it they are one of these 'gay couples', is it any clearer now ?
YOU're gayer than they are
THEY don't spend their days in the TOPIX International Gay/Lesbian Chat Room enjoying conversational intercourse with the World's Most Famous Gays
YOU do

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#264 Dec 10, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know they were sexual partners how? They were partners alright pedophile partners.
Big difference.
Then there are all the sickos who molest little girls. There are more of them, but the haters don't care about that.

Most straight men would say: "Oh NO! I'm not like that."

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#265 Dec 10, 2013
Ozzie wrote:
<quoted text>And you are definately one of those who believe that women can pee standing up!
No! I will leave standing up to you dick measurer's, I like the fact that as a female I am given a relaxing seat to work things out.

Location hidden

#266 Dec 10, 2013
If TOPIX really liked what I posted, I would prefer a little gold star instead of posting it twice. lol

MODS !!!

TOPIX IS SSTTUUTTEERRIINNGG AGAIN !

Location hidden

#267 Dec 10, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem fixated on using the word "speculation" as a pejorative.
Valid responses to my initial recent input (if unhindered by defensiveness) could be more substantial than mere speculation. Does that cause you anxiety? It seems so.
As I had anticipated, you seem keen to direct discussion away from that input.
Are you allowing for posters who have not been through the same (elective?) High School courses that you extol? Your insinuation that skills in 'speech and debate' and in 'critical thinking' are unpersuasive unless in lock-step with your own is at best presumptuous.
The rest of your reply lists facts which can be looked up anywhere. Facts need not equate to merit, but merit itself can be fact. You seem unwilling to embrace consideration of this.
If you reply at all, perhaps avoid esoteric convolution. Instead of talking over the heads of some posters here try communicating instead.
In legal matters, and that IS what we are discussing, speculation is not considered evidence of anything other than that someone speculated.

THAT you think is real. What you think ABOUT may not be.

Location hidden

#268 Dec 10, 2013
Ozzie wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Annie, Did you say that using a David Attenborough accent? Bwahaha! What a crock!
Argumenum ad Hominem

Location hidden

#269 Dec 10, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/1...

Oh LOOK !

A HETERO pedophile!

Everyone! Heteros should be banned from Marrying!

Isn't that the way it's supposed to work in your little universe, bumstead?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will Islam Inherit the Earth? 1 hr Newe Yokker 184
News Lesbian Methodist bishop faces challenge to her... 1 hr Rainbow Referee 2
News Bride of ISIS: From 'happily ever after' to hell 5 hr Silly 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 hr mentor 1 5,588
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 19 hr Retired teacher 31,984
News What to Watch: a JonBenet,a a Rodney King,a a E... Mon KCinNYC 1
News 'This is the Trump era': Sessions takes aim at ... Mon slick willie expl... 4
More from around the web