Catholic school dismisses gay teacher after publicized wedding

Aug 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Red Bluff Daily News

A California man who taught for 17 years at a Catholic high school was fired days after he married his gay partner in a civil ceremony.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of81
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was going public with a marriage. And aren't most marriages done in public?
It's interesting that a Catholic school would be okay as long as someone is closeted, but as son as they step out, BAM.
Nasty message to teach the girls, there, many of whom are gay.
It seems the Catholic church is teaching that "sin" is fine as long as you don't get caught and it remains secret. The teacher may have been very good at his job. But priests who molested and raped children, they didn't get fired, they got moved to new parishes to find new crops of victims to pursue.

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

When I was a kid and my parents (Catholic) sent me to Catechism, the teacher was talking about things like premarital sex.

One student somehow new an interesting fact about this teacher, and confronted her about it. She was "living in sin" with her fiance. She didn't deny it, and tried to explain how it was somehow okay in her case.

It was an interesting evening, but apparently nobody told their parents about it, because she was never fired. Surely if her superiors at the church were aware of this she would have been terminated immediately.... right?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems the Catholic church is teaching that "sin" is fine as long as you don't get caught and it remains secret. The teacher may have been very good at his job. But priests who molested and raped children, they didn't get fired, they got moved to new parishes to find new crops of victims to pursue.
Pope Benedict defrocked over 400 priest. In Boston alone, 70 priests and ministers have been sent to jail.

It's no secret that the cover-ups are true, that's just wrong. Those involved should be charged with aiding and abetting and be in jail too.
Time marches

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Time marches on

It was an interesting evening, but apparently nobody told their parents about it, because she was never fired. Surely if her superiors at the church were aware of this she would have been terminated immediately.... right?

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Benedict defrocked over 400 priest. In Boston alone, 70 priests and ministers have been sent to jail.
It's no secret that the cover-ups are true, that's just wrong. Those involved should be charged with aiding and abetting and be in jail too.
Too little too late. Benedict only did what he did because it had risen to a very public scandal. Prior to that he was just as guilty in actually facilitating the cover-up. Unfortunately, 400 priests is only a small percentage of how many abused children. 70 out of tens of thousands is pathetic.

The point here being, they didn't fire this teacher because he was gay. They fired him because it became public knowledge. Just like the church did not go after abusive priests because they harmed people and deserved justice, but because it became a public scandal.
Strange brew

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2014

Strange how they turn the other cheek for there priests.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
The point here being, they didn't fire this teacher because he was gay. They fired him because it became public knowledge.
They fired him because he got married, not because it became public knowledge that he was gay.

"A California man who taught for 17 years at a Catholic high school was fired days after he married his gay partner"
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They fired him because he got married, not because it became public knowledge that he was gay.
"A California man who taught for 17 years at a Catholic high school was fired days after he married his gay partner"
,,,,,,and it became public knowledge after Bencomo granted a press interview with video to the Southern California newspaper Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.
Grover

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

And this happened in one of SoCal's crooked cities, Glendora
USPS stamps Glendora

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Postal Service To Release Harvey Milk Stamp on Thursday, May 22, 2014.
Steal Their Lil Minds

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

USPS stamps Glendora wrote:
Postal Service To Release Harvey Milk Stamp on Thursday, May 22, 2014.
Hurray for child rapists! Hurray!
Pittsfields

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Yes there was a couple of them in Glendora, Art's son inlaw and Venberg jr.
Steal Their Lil Minds

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Pittsfields wrote:
Yes there was a couple of them in Glendora, Art's son inlaw and Venberg jr.
They sure would fit right in around these parts that I live in. Especially if they're bankers, sheriffs, and school teachers. Just to name a few.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Tre H wrote:
Unfortunately, 400 priests is only a small percentage of how many abused children. 70 out of tens of thousands is pathetic.
70 was just in Massachusetts.
"Tens of thousands"
Really? I think you may be exaggerating a little.

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They fired him because it became public knowledge that he got married. Either way, they did not fire him because he wasn't able to do his job.

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
70 was just in Massachusetts.
"Tens of thousands"
Really? I think you may be exaggerating a little.
Perhaps it was "only" thousands... not the point.
Sorry if I missed where it said we were only discussing Massachusetts here.
Feral Pig

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Some rabbis just flee the country to Israel. Many that do molest rarely ever make the news.
I can't imagine why.

:o)
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
They fired him because it became public knowledge that he got married. Either way, they did not fire him because he wasn't able to do his job.
He violated the terms of his contract. It's that simple.
If you are gay and planning to marry, don't take a job at a Catholic institution. Simple.
Feral Pig

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Some might suggest there are nefarious entities out there attempting to redefine "Certain" religions by forcing them to abide by big brothers scheming of subversion with what some would consider depravity.

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
He violated the terms of his contract. It's that simple.
If you are gay and planning to marry, don't take a job at a Catholic institution. Simple.
You know what... I actually agree with you on this one. Even if you're NOT planning to marry. Although I might make considerations for certain jobs or institutions, if it were up to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of81
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••