Top GOP Donors Are Launching A Campaign To Make Gay Marriage Legal

Apr 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Silicon Alley Insider

In the wake of the 2012 election, many Republican strategists have concluded they simply cannot win as long as they seem so "polarizing." One of the more contentious issues is gay marriage, with those on the left often accusing Republicans of being intolerant.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Apr 30, 2013

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1 Apr 29, 2013
Well, as long as the GOP is going to compromise their platform in a blatant attempt to sway voters, I'm glad they're prostituting themselves in a way that will benefit the GLBTQ community.

Guess discrimination disguised as "family values" isn't working out so well in the long run.

Since: Feb 13

Hagerstown, MD

#2 Apr 29, 2013
Marriage equality has become the latest fashion accessory w pols, Just add it to mom, apple pie & kissing babies. How come no pol is advocating for the end of DOMA & the passage of ENDA?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#3 Apr 30, 2013
It'll be interesting to watch how successful this effort is. I honestly don't believe that most Republican politicians believe that they're beholden to their voters, just to towing the party line and sucking up to whoever's about to write them a check.

I'd rather have the Dems in control of things. At least they do *nothing*. That's way better than the Republicans spending money like drunken sailors and destroying everything in their wake....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min Dick Topick 49,463
Women dish on their most embarrassing wardrobe ... (Sep '13) 3 hr Kelly DJ 281
Testimony wraps up in former Va. governor trial 10 hr Natural Disasters 1
At the McDonnell trial, sidewalk visuals drive ... 10 hr Gary 1
Church firing stirs up controversy over same-se... 11 hr Jerald 51
Confronting homophobes 101: Class act lesbian m... (Dec '11) 18 hr Tam Phat 12
Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple... 21 hr TomInElPaso 149
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••