Family faces tragedy

Family faces tragedy

There are 8 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Mar 14, 2008, titled Family faces tragedy. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

Underneath photos of two of the happiest moments in Marisa Silva's life - her wedding day and the day her daughter was born - are words her friends never thought they'd read.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

John Lyons RC

United States

#1 Mar 15, 2008
Our former neighbor had this same thing happen to her. They said it was one in 100,000.
she was at Loma Linda.. She went over her insurance limits she worked for Albersons Grocey store. The company foundation an the Union paid her bill. When she came home she needed around the clock care. My wife was a stay at home mom she baby sit a couple of her friends that worked. she took care of her M/F during the day her husband took care of her the rest of the time. After about five years she improved. She leveled out at an 8th grade level. This was 1980 she is still alive today. She does pretty good. she answer the phone she knows who it is. It was along haul there is light at the end of the tunnel. Your family your friends your church every one is going to come together and help.
code3girl

Covina, CA

#2 Mar 16, 2008
my thoughs and prayers go out to the family.
The Lucero Family

Irvine, CA

#3 Mar 17, 2008
Our heart goes out to the Silva family. Mr. Silva is my son's 8th grade Math teacher and he was my 22 year old son's teacher several years ago as well. My sons both speak highly of Mr. Silva and my son Alexander really enjoys being in Mr. Silva's class. He is a great teacher and knows how to keep the kids interested. We pray that the Lord will give Mr. Silva the strength that he needs during this difficult time. We are praying for the Silva family and hope that Marisa will be strong and healthy real soon. God bless you all!
ConcernedinCalif ornia

Santa Ana, CA

#4 Mar 17, 2008
I hope she recovers. She is so young and her children need her.
Courtney Swain

Big Bear Lake, CA

#5 Mar 17, 2008
I am a student at Briggs. I am in 7th grade and i just want Mr. sivla and his wife to know that everyone at school is thinking about them. We miss you and I hope your wife gets better soon.
Darlene

Temecula, CA

#6 Mar 17, 2008
Mr. and Mrs. Silva and family:

Your lives have touched so many hearts.
May we all remember them in our daily prayers. Please forward this article around the world - as the power of prayer is so amazing.
God bless you and guide your walk. So many people are thinking of you and your children.
In Prayer,
The Twinz Mom....Briggs Funda.- Chino
m matinez

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Apr 25, 2008
first of all i want to say my heart goes out to the family ,and i pray that she gets better soon my god guild you everyday that passes.i know what your going through my husband had a very bad stroke in 2006 and he has gottin a little better but we need to stay by are love ones,god beliss you every mintue that passes.
Amy montoya

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#8 Aug 27, 2013
I had mr. Silva as a history teacher back in 8th grade at Briggs and he was one of my favorite teachers thru out my years of education. I remember Marisa expecting and a day I went to visit him and he was so happy to show me a pic of the baby and her holding his hand and marissa's hand in the photo! I wish nothing but the best for your family! Praying for marissa!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 hr hardscrabble 5,939
News 'He did it to himself': Anthony Weiner faces pr... 22 hr overlord 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sun Truth to Power 31,987
News Church 'rejoices' after decision to offer same-... May 20 Grief Counselor 1
News Local Brides Say Photographer Owes Them Wedding... (Aug '08) May 19 Meethead 619
News Judge won't hear gay adoptions because it's not... May 19 Christian Taliban 31
News Thanks to Trumpa s vague order, LGBT activists ... May 18 The Stealth 2
More from around the web