Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,065

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
relax

Hammond, IN

#50791 Feb 12, 2014
big·ot·ry /ˈbigətr ē/

noun bigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself. "the report reveals racism and right-wing bigotry"

that's the dedefinition I'm asking about
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50792 Feb 12, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>

The lord is not my shepherd for I am not a dumb sheep.
http://www.grammar-monster.com/glossary/doubl...
A double negative gives the sentence a positive sense.
gotta love what that now means to your sentence
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50793 Feb 12, 2014
relax wrote:
<quoted text> So what if they get blasted in the media, people and places get blasted all the time, sticks and stones kind if thing. Straights been blasting gays forever. The constitution does protect the freedom of religion, period. They would have to get the constitution changed. If that's what they want to try, its their right to do so. Do you believe in equlity? Now equality is equality, I'm a using equality as stated in the dictionary, its not "well we are equal because__________ but they're not because_________. Or do you believe in bigotry as the dictionary explains it? Its black and white, people can't be equal only when its convenient or what america is based on is a failure and nothing means anything any more. Look I'm not arguing just discussing differnt points of view. Trying to open people up to tolerance not acceptance, that's 2 different things.
Hopefully neither of us are arguing.. I like to think we are discussing this like adults unlike some of the other posts i get.
Words have meaning and impact otherwise we wouldn't use them.
That is why there are laws governing free speech. Don't fool yourself there are laws governing free speech. So thinking words can always and should be ignore is wrong. Words can hurt a church's ability to draw new members. Slander can have a devastating impact on a person or an organization.
Change the constitution well Obama has trampled on it numerous times. In fairness so did Bush. The constitution has been challenged numerous times and been misinterpreted by the Supreme Court. And NO i won't go into to it. If you or Angel are interested in that do your own research.
Tolerance and acceptance is not always a good thing.Should you tolerate the guy next door beating his kids ? Should you accept except every illegal that enters the country ? I believe your heart is in the right place. But your answers are too simplistic. Life is complicated and there is no easy answer. Opening minds yes good idea just be ready for more then you bargain for.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50794 Feb 12, 2014
relax wrote:
big·ot·ry /&#712;big&#601;tr &#275;/
noun bigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself. "the report reveals racism and right-wing bigotry"
that's the dedefinition I'm asking about
what about left wing bigotry
or gay bigotry towards religion

i'm always suspicious when a question like yours is slanted towards only one side.
if that is your game like Angel you'll find i won't play it.

later maybe tonight but i got places to be today
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#50795 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think so? Damn you're dumb. Even basic grammar eludes you.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#50796 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
. But your answers are too simplistic. Life is complicated and there is no easy answer. Opening minds yes good idea just be ready for more then you bargain for.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Coming from the guy who explains everything with Jesus magic.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#50797 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
and they will win. The constitution will not stop them from suing in court. And churches cannot afford it.
They don't need to afford it. There are civil rights groups that will take their cases for free. And the cases will quickly be thrown out as frivolous.
Earth Angel wrote:
2 ) they never win in court against gays No one wins against gays in court
Name ONE time a church has lost a lawsuit about being forced to marry anyone.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50798 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
usually majority does rule. Voting should matter.
Slept through civics class, eh? Or was it too long ago for you to remember the catch phrase "tyranny of the majority?"
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50799 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
About a few weeks ago i posted links on this subject please go back and look for them
i dont have the time today or i would
YES i do believe gays will challenge churches in court down the road.
Its what gays do.
its the gay agenda.( posted about it many times )
and they will win. The constitution will not stop them from suing in court. And churches cannot afford it. Contrary to popular belief not all churches are rich.
A lot of them barely get by. Donations are down and cost keep going up.
Churches will cave in to the gays because
1 ) they can't financially afford to fight them in court
2 ) they never win in court against gays No one wins against gays in court
3 ) churches will get blasted in the media and made to look like the bad guys for following their faith.
4 ) they'll lose members because who wants to get caught up in the middle of that fight.
so it really isn't an issue about the Constitution at all.
Told ya its complicated.
its a righteous battle but its a stacked deck against the church
Just how stupid are you? The government doesn't have any jurisdiction over what churches believe. Remember the first Amendment, or have you gone completely senile in your dotage?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50800 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep..... you are reatarded for sure. That sentence is NOT an example of a double negative. No wonder you hold such crazy beliefs.... you're barely literate.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50801 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm always suspicious when a question like yours is slanted towards only one side.
You are determined to make yourself look as stupid as possible, aren't you? Do you really think straight people don't bash religion?
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#50802 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
anti-religious bigotry? Once again, are you retarded? You try to enshrine your religious belief in law and force people who do not believe in the same mythology to do it your way and then when they start pushing back it is they who are the bigots? Ef you, punk.
Mind Your Own Business

Paris, IL

#50803 Feb 12, 2014
I'm gonna quote George Carlin...if everybody thought this way there would be way less BS to deal with:
“So I say,“Live and let live.” That’s my motto.“Live and let live.” And anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherf#cker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.”

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#50804 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
it took me a while to find that post. In the future if you're going back a ways please include the post number.
You took it completely of of context. It was part of a back and forth here are the full post numbers i suggest you read all of them
you'll see it was a back and forth on the meaning of LMFAO
i had always learned it to mean FAT i really did - i never heard of it being the other word
in any event the link you are refering to was meant to be understood as
Just Like The Gays Always Have Their Own Meaning Of The Bible So Too They Always Have Their Own Meaning For Things Like LMFAO And That They Are Always Wrong.
had i used the word WITH it would have read like this
just like WITH the bible gays always have their own meaning which is always wrong.
Anyway TRUTH seemed to understand what i meant for he never came to your conclusion.
It is what it is.
some really do think the F stands for a swear word - i personally don't
and that was what the exchange was about.
it was NOT about my views on the bible.
this is what happens when people take things out of context.
Of course it was out of context a bit - wouldn't have been as funny otherwise... overreact much?

Location hidden

#50805 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
btw that was written a day ago.
I've written plenty of stuff since then yet no comments on any of that ??
Also your term NOTED seems very dismissive.
Not very open minded are you ? Not even enough to ask before you NOTED it ?
its ok Christians are used to being taken out of context.
Especially by someone who wasn't even part of the conversation.
In the future if you want to discuss Christianity or the bible just say so.
But i'll tell you up front i don't do bible quotes.
it becomes a tit4tat game and i don't play games with my bible.
The bible should be read as a whole in order to really understand its messages.
Otherwise it gets taken out context . Sound familiar to ya.
Wow, you replied twice? Defensive, yes?
KiMareisanAnalRi ng

Morristown, NJ

#50806 Feb 12, 2014
Hetero wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is demeaning my wife's ass (pun intended). I've been married to the same woman for over 30 years in a totally monogamous relationship and, I can assure you, her orgasmic intensity is often greater with anal than with vaginal. She also immensely enjoys the occasional rim job I give her.
Sounds like a satisfied wife!

Location hidden

#50807 Feb 12, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And the end of the story?
Ss couples will only ever be mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Spam.
Maybe try copy pasting your tired message a few thousand more times.....
Kimare you are little more than a human bumper sticker.
white

United States

#50808 Feb 12, 2014
j wilkinson wrote:
I had my first gay experience as a young curious man with a guy that lived a few blocks away from me(dennis v aka bubba) was a hot young man and i don't think it's up to anyone to be able to judge me for what i like without giving me an opportunity to sue you for discrimination
disgusting just the kind of bs no one wants to hear about- freggin queer

Location hidden

#50809 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
well since you feel that way about me then you'll be better off finding someone else you enjoy talking to.
it would be considerably cruel and evil of you to keep posting resentfully to someone you feel is mentally handicap.
BTW God does not condemn the mentally challenged. But he does condemn those who would bring harm to any of them. You might want to reconsider your words in the future.
Which god is that exactly? Did you prove some god exists on this blog in a previous post (that I am sensing you'll tell me to go find)? Well, did you? If not then stop trying to pretend you have the mind of god tucked away in your back pocket and stick to talking like a rational person, okay?
pete

Saint Louis, MO

#50810 Feb 12, 2014
At least he is consistent.
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Spam.
Maybe try copy pasting your tired message a few thousand more times.....
Kimare you are little more than a human bumper sticker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What if high court rejects gay marriage cases? 1 hr WeTheSheeple 13
Church boots AA group over gay weddings 3 hr Wondering 44
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 4 hr James 98
German Ethics Council Insists Sex Between Broth... 6 hr tell me 6
Divorce Law Out Of Synch With Same-Sex Marriage 9 hr Fundies R Mentall... 41
Today's News: Our Take - Melody Thomas Scott Di... (Apr '13) 17 hr dmw 50
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 17 hr SPECIAL 31,282

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE