Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52072 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#49349 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You maligned *a straight customer*, not *all straight people*.
One would have to be some kind of moron to confuse the two.
You are really good at obtuse stupidity.

Punk.

“Christmas Spirit”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#49350 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
. Did you know that our only gay President instigated the Civil War?
Damn you're stupid. Slavery instigated the Civil War, and if any person is to be labled with being a primary instigator it would be John Calhoun, a straight man.

President Washington employed Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben to oversee our military during the Revolutionary War. A known gay man. He created our original military drill manual, and is credited historically as being a primary reason we won that war and were able to establish this country in the first place.

Now you run along with your tit for tat game of trying to present ONE singular person as sole representative of homosexuals. When you return, we will simply have you explain the following heterosexuals...... Hitler, Atilla the Hun, Hirohito, Genghis Kahn, Muammar Gaddafi, Ayatollah Khomeini, Jim Jones and Saddam Hussein.

For some one so old gramps, you sure do act like a child. Make sure to end your response with a smile or a smirk.

Location hidden

#49351 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Science is allowing older and older couples to bear children.
Many infertile couples have corrective surgery that enables them to bear children.
-----this is Gods natural way? Science?
That whole be fruitful and multiply thing was for when the planet was EMPTY.
Ss couples? Not ONE, ZERO, have every mutually procreated.
No gay dares to answer?
-------we don't need to. There are enough children out there that your people threw away. And you claim that that is the fruit God blessed you with that we have no claim to, and you toss them away like trash?
No credibility.
Hey, gays brought up old couples, sick couples and couples who have a choice. It is only fair that gays equate to at least the weakest situations of marriage.

And guess what? Gays fail! Not with a D, or even a F. They get a big fat 0 ~ ZERO!!!

Let the adults debate Blondie...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#49352 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
When an orientation utterly fails to reproduce, it is a failure of mating behavior.
No, it's not. You're assuming that the only purpose of people is to reproduce. It's not.
KiMare wrote:
You ignored context.
I didn't ignore anything. I ask AGAIN: Do you support businesses being allowed to discriminate against customers on the basis of their religion?
KiMare wrote:
"Relationships are relationships"? Yes, but there are different kinds of relationships.
Sure, but the types were are talking about are equivalent.
KiMare wrote:
You again gave partial information. You lied and distorted.
Tell me what the lie was.
KiMare wrote:
Man up punk!
Your attempts to provoke are amusing, child.

Location hidden

#49353 Jan 24, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTHING you say or do will change the fact that gays can and do marry. NOTHING you say or do will ever affect gays in any way, shape or form. You're insignificant to us, and happily we all know that you already know this! Smile.
This is the bottom line you will never ever get past; ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
NOTHING you say or do will change that fact.

Location hidden

#49354 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Who contended with God in the book of Job?
You are supremely uneducated.
SMirk.
ha-Satan in the Book of Job is an entity who works FOR God by testing humans, not a demonic figure who opposes God.

You are supremely uneducated.
Smirk.

Location hidden

#49355 Jan 24, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be completely different dolt. The bakery is a business, beholden to laws. A Christian and an atheist are people, not businesses.
Any other ridiculously stupid "comparisons" you'd like to try dipsh*t?
So the First Amendment exempts the practice of faith in the public arena?

Any other ridiculously stupid "comparisons" you'd like to try dipsh*t?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#49356 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really good at obtuse stupidity.
Punk.
Again, KiMare gets destroyed and has no option other than to name-call.

How sad. Someone call a whaaaambulance for KiMare.

Location hidden

#49357 Jan 24, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
TRANSLATION: Incest is good if done for the right reason. Got it.
Enough of this idiocy.

The incest was noted as an event, not excused. Just like David's adultery was.

Your hatred and bigotry is the only thing you proved.
Ace

Benton, IL

#49358 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says the Earth is a flat disc covered by a solid dome that has the Sun, Moon, and stars stuck on it.
Yeah, "best source of info".
Question: "Does the Bible teach that the earth is flat?"

Answer: Many a skeptic claims that the Bible depicts a flat earth. Scriptural references such as Revelation 7:1 are cited, which speaks of “four angels standing at the four corners of the earth.” However, this passage makes reference to the cardinal directions as seen on a compass – i.e. north, south, east and west. Terminology to a similar effect is used today when we speak of the sun rising and setting each day, even though we know that it is, in fact, the earth which orbits around the sun.

In contrast to the supposed “flat earth” verses, there are numerous Scriptures that clearly indicate otherwise. The earth is described in Job 26:7 as being suspended over empty space, implying a spherical figure. This notion is further entertained in Isaiah 40:21-22, which refers to “the circle of the earth.” This is further supported by Proverbs 8:27 (NKJV), which speaks of God drawing a circle on the face of the deep. From a “bird’s-eye view” of the ocean, the horizon is seen as a circle. Such an observation indicates that where light terminates, darkness begins, describing the reality of day and night on a spherical earth

Buddy do a little more research before you make a fool out of your self again.
psycologist

Saint Louis, MO

#49359 Jan 24, 2014
Everyone just calm down now!

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49360 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> For civil union to be recognized by the federal law all it takes is a few votes from the house and senate. That is what the gays should be pushing for instead of waiting for each state legalize gay marriage that could take the next 50 years. I bet civil union marriage could be federal law in all 50 states before the next election, if gays wasn't so busy trying to step on Christian's toes.
You seem to be under the impression that marriage belongs to Christians. It doesn't. Christians have nothing to do with this issue. Go play your persecution card somewhere else dingleberry, no one here is buying that bullsh*t.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49361 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, gays brought up old couples, sick couples and couples who have a choice. It is only fair that gays equate to at least the weakest situations of marriage.
And guess what? Gays fail! Not with a D, or even a F. They get a big fat 0 ~ ZERO!!!
Let the adults debate Blondie...
Blonde? Ooo, your a clever bunny.

We win. Deal with it.

So bunny, science?
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49362 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the date on your reference.
Like I said, idiot.
Smile.
What difference does the date make? You really don't get it? Your still name calling.

Location hidden

#49363 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
In contrast to the supposed “flat earth” verses, there are numerous Scriptures that clearly indicate otherwise. The earth is described in Job 26:7 as being suspended over empty space, implying a spherical figure.
Being suspended over empty spaces says nothing about the shape of the figure. You can suspend a cube over empty space or a donut over empty space or a flat sheet of paper over empty space.
Ace wrote:
This notion is further entertained in Isaiah 40:21-22, which refers to “the circle of the earth.” This is further supported by Proverbs 8:27 (NKJV), which speaks of God drawing a circle on the face of the deep.
That's funny. Both of these passages are about a FLAT disc. The use the word for "circle", which is a flat shape.
Ace wrote:
Speak for yourself. You haven't done any research; just read some (really weak) apologetics. Here's an entry from the Oxford Dictionary of the Jewish Religion about ancient Hebrew cosmology: http://books.google.com.au/books...

The ancient Hebrews believed in a flat Earth covered by a solid dome.

Location hidden

#49364 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
You just embarrassed yourself by being cocky when you were wrong.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49365 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
You can pretend there is one all you want.
But the civil rights movement was and still is entirely different then the gay rights movement.
i don't recall gays every being sold in America. Their family forced apart. Forced to work.
you think just because a baker turn down business that makes it like the civil rights movement
Your view of civil rights is that of an 8 year old. Let me help you out stupid. Civil RIGHTS is about RIGHTS. The focus is not the forms of discrimination, the focus is the RIGHTS, or lack there of.

“I still hear people say that I should not be talking about the rights of lesbian and gay people and I should stick to the issue of racial justice." "But I hasten to remind them that Martin Luther King Jr. said,‘Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.’”“I appeal to everyone who believes in Martin Luther King Jr.’s dream to make room at the table of brother- and sisterhood for lesbian and gay people,”- Coretta Scott King

Now, you scratch your head, and keep tooting the "gay isn't race" nonsense. Nothing makes you look stupider. Well, no, actually almost all your posts make you look stupid. Carry on.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49366 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
it did intimidate them.
they certainly are going to think twice about going to any restaurant especially that one ever again.
And that is what defines intimidation.
No, that isn't the definition of intimidation. Buy a freaking dictionary already you moron.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49367 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Skin color is vastly distinct from orientations.
You were asked how the denial of service was different, not how the characteristics of those denied the service were different. I see you were incapable of answering that.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49368 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution protects my right for expression of my faith.
<quoted text>
Marriage is a critical expression of the Christian faith. It is symbolic of Christ (the Bridegroom and the Church (the Bride).
The union of a man and woman is a representation of made in the image of God.
The baker only refused to make a wedding cake.
You don't know what you are talking about again.
So many words to say absolutely nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Trump says canceling Chicago rally ... 14 hr OfficialTrumpCard 1,729
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... 23 hr Anne Russell 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Tue Levy Hater 31,925
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... Tue Imprtnrd 38
News Bollywood in Taipei Tue TW_sugar_daddio 6
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) Tue jorvajor 128
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) Mon toabhah 36,047
More from around the web