Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 51763 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Angel

Aurora, CO

#49308 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But still, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Are you asserting that wealthy gays will change that???
Smile.
They are changing your hatred laws into nice laws. We win.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#49309 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Marriage is a critical expression of the Christian faith. It is symbolic of Christ (the Bridegroom and the Church (the Bride).
The union of a man and woman is a representation of made in the image of God.
Irrelevant. No one prevented the Christian baker from getting married and no one is talking about a Christian wedding ceremony.

We are talking about a BUSINESS TRANSACTION.
KiMare wrote:
The baker only refused to make a wedding cake.
You don't know what you are talking about again.
Yes, she refused to make a wedding cake. She did so because the customer was gay. That is illegal.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49310 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What an ignorant bigoted statement.
It's ignorant and bigoted to say we are all the same? I think you may have lost something.

Location hidden

#49311 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, we've been supporting the consequences of immoral gay behavior for decades now just with HIV.
Man up punk.
Time for KiMare to go off topic because it doesn't have a coherent argument.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#49312 Jan 24, 2014
Skin color is vastly distinct from orientations.

A naturally fruitful relationship can hardly be equated to a absolutely barren and desolate relationship.

They didn't deny service, they refused to desecrate marriage, a tenant of their faith.
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't. Both are traits a person has. And both of those are unchosen, unlikely religion, but that is protected too.
<quoted text>
Of course it can. Reproduction is not a required element of marriage.
<quoted text>
They denied service. You're a liar.
You keep showing your ignorance.

1. Skin color is a natural variation that science understands the reasons for.

Homosexuality is a sexual defect. A failure of mating behavior. Scientists still cannot explain the purpose or the cause.

2. I simply note that there is a vast distinction between a union that produces after it's kind, and one that is simply a harmful, unhealthy and demeaning imitation of natural mating behavior. One that NEVER procreates. Your denial of that fact is simply idiotic.

3. I gave the complete facts. The whole truth. You didn't. You distorted the situation as an act of hatred and deception.

Location hidden

#49313 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is their lack of establishing these services, not that a small number work in one's established by Christians.
There could not be more of a difference.
It's not an issue at all. Christians are a massive, largely-integrated group that has been dominant in society. Gay people are a small minority, not united as a group, and have been a persecuted minority. The comparison is silly.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49314 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, we've been supporting the consequences of immoral gay behavior for decades now just with HIV.
Man up punk.
Wow, punk? Oh my.

We have been supporting your lazy fat divorced bastard welfare families with our wealth for decades. "Uh, I dunno who da father is."

Location hidden

#49315 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
You lie again.
It quite clearly does. No surprise that you're ignorant of your own religion.

Location hidden

#49316 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
She was promoting bigotry toward straights, and the libitards got caught in the lie.
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, how was she promoting bigotry toward straight people?
She invented an act bigotry towards herself/gay people. That isn't promoting bigotry.
She falsely maligned straight people who more than treated her kindly, idiot. Are you really that dense???

The result? "Look how straights treat gays!"

Man up punk!

“Christmas Spirit”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#49317 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i've explained this before
You can't compare the civil rights movement with the gay movement.
We most certainly can, and will.

Location hidden

#49318 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but when black people were being oppressed wether or not their skin color was a choice didn't matter. They were thought to be an inferior race. Different from white humans.(Kinda funny how we all came from a black woman. Lol.) So when everyone finds out that it is the same with lgbt, that we are born the way we are, then you'll be just as diapointed.
And again, the world is overpopulated. You need more links? I got them.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/14/opinion/ove...

http://www.realclearscience.com/articles/2011...

Get an education, you keep looking like an idiot.

Location hidden

#49319 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution protects my right for expression of my faith.
<quoted text>
Marriage is a critical expression of the Christian faith. It is symbolic of Christ (the Bridegroom and the Church (the Bride).
The union of a man and woman is a representation of made in the image of God.
The baker only refused to make a wedding cake.
You don't know what you are talking about again.
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is not Christian, by any means. At all.
That wasn't the issue idiot. Go back and learn context.

Damn you are stupid.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49320 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No hatred honey, just honest reality;
Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It reunites humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.
They aren't required to. Your distinctions are of no importance.... just like you gramps.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49321 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you try to. That's what this is all about. I'm simply pointing out that in spite of courts and demands, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage. And that's just a start!
The real question is, why don't homosexuals have the courage and basis to establish their own relational identity?
Heterosexuals did. And you want to copy them.
Smile.
Let me know when you need a shovel for all that bullsh*t.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49322 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
She was promoting bigotry toward straights, and the libitards got caught in the lie.
<quoted text>
She falsely maligned straight people who more than treated her kindly, idiot. Are you really that dense???
The result? "Look how straights treat gays!"
Man up punk!

Wow dude. You need like a glass of water, take a walk or something? Check your blood pressure?

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49323 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Science is allowing older and older couples to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many infertile couples have corrective surgery that enables them to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many couples that were not going to procreate, change their minds and become parents.
Ss couples? Zero.
96% of marriages historically include children.
Ss couples? Zero.
If old couples, sick couples and couples that have a choice often have or do procreate, don't you think we should require ss couples to mutually procreate at least SOME of the time??? Especially since most marriages procreate...
Old couples most often have already procreated.
Sick couples are often cured.
Couples that did not plan on children, often change their minds.
Ss couples? Not ONE, ZERO, have every mutually procreated.
No gay dares to answer?
Smile.
<quoted text>
Where did I say there 'were'. I'm asking why ss couples should not be mandated to equate at least to old couples, sick couples and couples who have a choice.
This question isn't difficult to understand, what are you confused about?
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Is there something about the concept of THEY SHOULD BE REQUIRED that escapes you?
Smirk smile.
So many word to say absolutely nothing.

Location hidden

#49324 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
1. Skin color is a natural variation that science understands the reasons for.
Homosexuality is a sexual defect. A failure of mating behavior. Scientists still cannot explain the purpose or the cause.
Homosexuality is not a sexual defect, it's just a sexual difference. That one trait is better understood than another is irrelevant to this discussion.

I notice that you again ignored the religious element of the discussion. Do you support businesses being allowed to discriminate against customers on the basis of their religion?
KiMare wrote:
2. I simply note that there is a vast distinction between a union that produces after it's kind, and one that is simply a harmful, unhealthy and demeaning imitation of natural mating behavior. One that NEVER procreates. Your denial of that fact is simply idiotic.
There is no vast distinction. Relationships are relationships. You do not discriminate against straight couples incapable of producing after their kind (because you know the argument is disingenuous).
KiMare wrote:
3. I gave the complete facts. The whole truth. You didn't. You distorted the situation as an act of hatred and deception.
I have given the whole facts the entire time. They denied service because the customers were gay. It's that simple. You try to wipe that away but you can't. You fail.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49325 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We know. You even use children, demanding they not be considered as a part of marriage, then claiming them to pretend you are a family, except for depriving the child of one parent gender.
Makes me sick.
You need to ask why you are foolishly attempting to equate to a relationship you fail at, and not establishing your own relational identity.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/divorce.htm

You have lost your credibility to discuss marriage.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49326 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're ignorant of reality. Gay people work in those hospitals, homeless shelters, women's shelters, and food kitchens. They're too small a minority, too persecuted a minority, and too separate a group to be building them.
i don't know they made a good dollar of that baker
and that waitress made a bundle until she got caught.

funny how the gays brag how much they growing in number and power and strength until you ask them about building a hospital then suddenly they shrunk in numbers
gays = cheap excuses
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49327 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/14/opinion/ove...
http://www.realclearscience.com/articles/2011...
Get an education, you keep looking like an idiot.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/09/25/ov...

Really with the name calling? How old are you. You make yourself so small with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ireland same-sex marriage 13 min Josh 390
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 39 min WeTheSheeple 2,567
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 54 min WeTheSheeple 4,648
News Ireland gay marriage: Northern Ireland must now... 58 min jason norris 18
News The Christian owners of a bakery found to have ... 1 hr Reverend Alan 30
News McCrory to veto gay marriage objection bill 1 hr Imprtnrd 7
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 2 hr The Branch 159
More from around the web