Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
36,761 - 36,780 of 48,944 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage has changed...Now give me chapter and verse that states ss couples "desecrate marriage"...
No it hasn't.

Here is your chapter and verse. And the command not to mess with it;

Matthew 19:6 (NASB)
6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."
big guy

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>No it hasn't.

Here is your chapter and verse. And the command not to mess with it;

Matthew 19:6 (NASB)
6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."
Umm. No, still not there.
This And That

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
So your right trumps others rights?
And I repeat,this nation is not a theocracy and your rights end where mine begin! When you try to impose your religious beliefs on to me or society in general that is NOT your right to do so if it goes against our Constitution! Marriage equality will come to Illinois because it is Unconstitutional to deny gay Americans their right to marry! Prop 8 has fallen in California and Part 3 of DOMA has been ruled Unconstitutional and this has been affirmed by our Supreme court! Again,your religion has absolutely nothing to do with the question of marriage equality,zero,zip,nada so better learn to live with it! Constitution again trumps your bible! Hope that helps!
beers

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie I didn't change anything, and I certainly am not losing!
I simply asked KiMerde the same question I asked you...it appears neither of you can post chapter and verse that says ss couples "desecrate marriage". God never uttered those words...
desecrate - violate the sacred character of a place or language
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.(Leviticus 18:22 NKJV)
abomination - an action that is vicious or vile
abomination - a person who is loathsome or disgusting
Splitting hairs?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.(Leviticus 18:22 NKJV)
Splitting hairs?
what did Jesus say about old testament law and what did Jesus . say about homosexuals?
This And That

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text> what did Jesus say about old testament law and what did Jesus . say about homosexuals?
Not one damn thing now did he? LOL,On the other hand "Jesus" the mortal man might have been gay himself! Jesus,who knew? ;)
big guy

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

This And That wrote:
<quoted text>And I repeat,this nation is not a theocracy and your rights end where mine begin! When you try to impose your religious beliefs on to me or society in general that is NOT your right to do so if it goes against our Constitution! Marriage equality will come to Illinois because it is Unconstitutional to deny gay Americans their right to marry! Prop 8 has fallen in California and Part 3 of DOMA has been ruled Unconstitutional and this has been affirmed by our Supreme court! Again,your religion has absolutely nothing to do with the question of marriage equality,zero,zip,nada so better learn to live with it! Constitution again trumps your bible! Hope that helps!
Well said!
This And That

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Splitting hairs?
Now lets take a good look at your Leviticus and see what it really says about gays! Absolutely nothing,it was talking about something completely different! Read and learn,if that's at all possible with a bigot like yourself! Besides,it's simply a fairy tale from old goat herders 2000 years ago!

The truth about Leviticus and what it really means and says!

livelonger.hubpages.com/hub/leviticus-homosex...
This And That

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Splitting hairs?
Was Jesus gay? Most likely YES!

www.alternet.org/belief/155118/was_jesus_gay_...
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

CDC wrote:
Just like YOU!
<quoted text>
Ok, PeeWee.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

big guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm. No, still not there.
You wouldn't know sonny, and that's not a rational argument.

Big as an ox and dumb as a rock.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text> what did Jesus say about old testament law and what did Jesus . say about homosexuals?
Matthew 19:10-12 (NJB)
10 The disciples said to him,‘If that is how things are between husband and wife, it is advisable not to marry.'
11 But he replied,‘It is not everyone who can accept what I have said, but only those to whom it is granted.
12 There are eunuchs born so from their mother's womb, there are eunuchs made so by human agency and there are eunuchs who have made themselves so for the sake of the kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.'

Eunuchs born from the mother's womb are homosexuals called to celibacy.

Oh, and in the previous verses, Jesus clearly states marriage is between one man and one woman.

As to the Law, Jesus said this;

Matthew 5:17-19 (NJB)
17 ‘Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete them.
18 In truth I tell you, till heaven and earth disappear, not one dot, not one little stroke, is to disappear from the Law until all its purpose is achieved.
19 Therefore, anyone who infringes even one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be considered the least in the kingdom of Heaven; but the person who keeps them and teaches them will be considered great in the kingdom of Heaven.
Scott

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

This And That wrote:
<quoted text>
Now lets take a good look at your Leviticus and see what it really says about gays! Absolutely nothing,it was talking about something completely different! Read and learn,if that's at all possible with a bigot like yourself! Besides,it's simply a fairy tale from old goat herders 2000 years ago!
The truth about Leviticus and what it really means and says!
livelonger.hubpages.com/hub/leviticus-homosex...
That is a typical liberal agenda page that knows not what they are talking about.
Scott

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

This And That wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Jesus gay? Most likely YES!
www.alternet.org/belief/155118/was_jesus_gay_...
Typical liberal agendist. Brainwashed and spewing others hateful thoughts.
This And That

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical liberal agendist. Brainwashed and spewing others hateful thoughts.
Yes I agree wholeheartedly,your post is a typical brainwashed from birth answer devoid of all common logic and critical thought! How can one show the truth to an idiot who believes that the Earth is only 6 thousands years old! LOL,Sorry if the truth is unrecognizable to one such as yourself and that you are but a sheep being lead to slaughter on a book of lie's! You are a funny but quite psychotic! Ever think of seeing a good shrink to help you with your delusions? I hear they can do wonders these days! Bahhhhh....Baa....baa....baaaa a! Oh and by the way,my Leviticus link was translated by world renowned experts in the ancient languages and you simply cannot see the truth through those brainwashed eyes of yours! Poor,poor little lamb!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 19:10-12 (NJB)
10 The disciples said to him,‘If that is how things are between husband and wife, it is advisable not to marry.'
So this is what it has come to; Kimerde is now a scripture-quoting basher.

As lovely as those texts are, they say nothing about homosexuals.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a typical liberal agenda page that knows not what they are talking about.
"Leviticus does not prohibit—or even address—homosexuality.
Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 prohibit male temple prostitution, as is clear from examining the pattern of repetition in Deuteronomy.
The death penalty for Leviticus 20:13 is for a crime of idolatry, not a crime of injustice or wickedness.

Despite the fact that the Hebrew word makes clear that these are female and male forms of the exact same word, King James chooses "sodomite" for the male version, something modern Christians most often translate to homosexual."

http://livelonger.hubpages.com/hub/leviticus-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
So this is what it has come to; Kimerde is now a scripture-quoting basher.
As lovely as those texts are, they say nothing about homosexuals.
Have up on a reasoned response because there is none and resorted to a ad homoan gay troll attack.

Your denial knows no bounds. Scary.

Smile.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

AGENDAFAIL: Below is an example
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, PeeWee.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

CDC wrote:
AGENDAFAIL: Below is an example
<quoted text>
How is YOUR agenda playing out in the public today, loser queen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••