Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,582

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#37570 Feb 12, 2013
justsick wrote:
This is just sick.
What are you doing?
;o))
Yes

Waterloo, IL

#37572 Feb 12, 2013
I agree
You are correct wrote:
none here either.
<quoted text>
Vote

Elgin, IL

#37573 Feb 12, 2013
Vote it down

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#37574 Feb 12, 2013
Right wrote:
You are absolutely right! This argument has baffled me. Why do straight people care? What is the difference between this and saying, for example, if you have brown eyes, you can't be legally married? They always through in the bible too. The bible talks about slaves, we don't have slavery anymore. I have not heard one logical argument for why this group of people should be denied this right.
<quoted text>
Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples are a defective failure of the very basic purpose and goal of evolution.

Marriage has been present in every single culture in human history, from start to finish. Gay couples have never been accepted in any culture from start to finish. Nor have they established themselves and spread as an acceptable relationship. This is apart from any single religion or belief system.

It is simply idiotic to equate the diverse union of male and female with the redumbant partnership of duplicate genders. The relationship of a male and female are rooted in the very foundation of life, restoration of a single genderless life form.

The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.

Even funnier?

The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!

Do you want more? Perhaps the distinction of natural sex vs Pete and RePete?

SMile.

Location hidden

#37575 Feb 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
STILL no logical counter to this fact;
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.
A fruit tree bearing fruit.
A fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
A nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!
Hilarious!!!
Right wrote:
It is not logical to counter an illogical argument with logic. Perhaps that is why he didn't counter. The funny thing with referencing statistical information is that the numbers can be easily skewed to whatever outcome the analyzer chooses. For every thing referenced, one could easily find another study that disproves all those previously documented. Take for example the information posted above regarding the woman raised by gay parents. I could easily find many instances where a young woman could not bring home a boyfriend because her straight mother would hit on them, or even female friends, because her father acted inappropriately with them.
<quoted text>
Are you a blonde? "It is not logical to counter a wrong assertion with logic?"

I'd suggest you have no counter because it is perfectly logical. Simply in it's analogy and indisputable...

Humor me and try.

By the way, I gave no statistics or studies.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#37576 Feb 12, 2013
Right wrote:
When did it become necessary to bear children in our to be married? So you are saying those unable to bear children are not allowed to be married? A women that has had a hysterectomy cannot be married? A man that is sterile cannot be married? A woman post-menopausal cannot be married? Keep reaching.
<quoted text>

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.

Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!
Hilarious!!!

Snicker.

Location hidden

#37577 Feb 12, 2013
What are you afraid of wrote:
Show your ignorance some more. How someone dresses or what they look like has nothing to do with their sexual preference. There are plenty of "straight" men that enjoy wearing women's clothing. So you would have all women ordered to wear skirts?
<quoted text>
Which brings up the question, Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?

Smile.

Location hidden

#37578 Feb 12, 2013
Very good post. How can you possibly legislate morality? If they did shouldn't we all be living as the Amish?
<quoted text>
You mean like legislating against murder and robbery?

You really are blonde, aren't you.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#37579 Feb 12, 2013
Just because you are incapable of understanding a comment, that doesn't make it stupid, dismissive, diversionary, or deceitful.
If marriage is such a sacred, unique relationship, designed to protect and encourage a "natural" family why are there divorces? Among people that are married multiple times, which one was the sacred one?
<quoted text>
I understood the comment perfectly. That is why I described it accurately.

Because some people violate a vow it delegitimizes those who don't?

Been married 36 years. Happily most of that time.

Smile.

Location hidden

#37580 Feb 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
Still, no logical response.
Anyone???
One has to have a logical statement to begin with in order to give a logical response. There isn't one here.
<quoted text>
Please, explain to me why. I really, really would like to hear your explanation...

Smile.

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#37582 Feb 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Even funnier?
Hilarious!!!
<quoted text>
Are you a blonde? "It is not logical to counter a wrong assertion with logic?"
I'd suggest you have no counter because it is perfectly logical. Simply in it's analogy and indisputable...
Humor me and try.
By the way, I gave no statistics or studies.
Smirk.
STILL no valid reason why you think you should dictate how others live their lives... I guess it is because you don't have one of your own.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#37583 Feb 12, 2013
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
STILL no valid reason why you think you should dictate how others live their lives... I guess it is because you don't have one of your own.
He's got me, though! A perfectly good, unused vagina.

Location hidden

#37584 Feb 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like legislating against murder and robbery?
You really are blonde, aren't you.
Smirk.
Are you capable of making a single comment without being a condescending little prick? Is there something wrong with making a strong argument and letting it stand for itself, debating like an adult? Why do you try so hard to push buttons and piss people off?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#37585 Feb 12, 2013
Fishpock wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you capable of making a single comment without being a condescending little prick? Is there something wrong with making a strong argument and letting it stand for itself, debating like an adult? Why do you try so hard to push buttons and piss people off?
Classic trolling behavior on Kimare's part. The retired pastor loves to get a rise out of others. It gets his tiny wiener turgid.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#37586 Feb 12, 2013
Fishpock wrote:
<quoted text>
That would require him to have a strong argument to stand on. He resorts to such tactics because he has nothing else.

Location hidden

#37587 Feb 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
How is it abusive? Explain.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#37588 Feb 12, 2013
Fishpock wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Lordy, you're going to end up being sorry that you asked. Such a string of nonsensical B.S. you're in for.

Fasten your seatbelt because Kimare's going to spin a yarn.
YouAreWrong

San Jose, CA

#37590 Feb 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Even funnier?
Hilarious!!!
Snicker.
Your analogy doesn't even make sense you fool.
durka

Saint Peters, MO

#37591 Feb 13, 2013
Fishpock wrote:
<quoted text>
Queer means twisted. Not straight. Not true. Not on the right path. What will the queers think of next to "deviate" from right to wrong?
YouAreWrong

San Jose, CA

#37592 Feb 13, 2013
durka wrote:
<quoted text>
Queer means twisted. Not straight. Not true. Not on the right path. What will the queers think of next to "deviate" from right to wrong?
I love how you completly fail to answer the question of how that's abusive. Bullshit or not none of that equals abuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 11 min jcofe 10
Gay marriage news: NC magistrate won't marry co... 21 min Christsharian Law 162
Catholic bishops drop moves to accept gays 23 min Belle Sexton 31
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 28 min RevKen 25,270
Pat Robertson Tells Bigoted Idaho Wedding Chape... 1 hr Smack Down 1
Clarksburg Couple on "My Big Redneck Wedding" (Feb '09) 1 hr casual observer 52
Shrien Dewani and Anni Dewani at their wedding 2 hr Smack Down 1

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE