Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,590)

Showing posts 31,781 - 31,800 of47,046
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36976
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

5

uh wrote:
<quoted text>your not supposed to live by the constitution your supposed to live by Christ so why not do what the bible says
The bible is not permissible as evidence in a court of law unless it was the actual murder weapon used to bludgeon the victim to death

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36977
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

8

7

7

TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>Words from Thomas Jefferson, one of our founding fathers... "Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

Jefferson's own words... a wall of separation between church and state. It can't be said any more clearly.

http://www.usconstitution.net/jeffwall.html
You tell that to all the presidents in the past who prayed before making major decisions or who called their pastor for advice & prayer before deciding to go to war? How many people do you think pray in any government office everyday before making decisions that effect all of us every day?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36978
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

5

uh wrote:
<quoted text>your not supposed to live by the constitution your supposed to live by Christ so why not do what the bible says
Amen.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36979
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>The bible is not permissible as evidence in a court of law unless it was the actual murder weapon used to bludgeon the victim to death
How long was a Bible in every court room in this country? I do believe witnesses were asked to put their hand on it & promise to tell the truth. Yes the Bible can be used as evidence in a court of law if someone does something & blames it on what they believe the Bible told them to do or not do. Such as when people try to with hold medical treatment due to religious beliefs. People use the Bible to do evil as well as good. People will answer to God for what they do. Regardless if courts like it or not. Sorry, just the way it is!!!

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36980
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell that to all the presidents in the past who prayed before making major decisions or who called their pastor for advice & prayer before deciding to go to war? How many people do you think pray in any government office everyday before making decisions that effect all of us every day?
They are allowed to worship in whatever way they want. The point is that they are not supposed to use their religious opinion in making laws. If they use their religious opinion then they are forcing their religious beliefs on everyone else. There are more than just Christians in the United States you know.
hmmmmm

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36981
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

To even consider that a person would not be influenced by their
religious beliefs is very unrealistic.
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
They are allowed to worship in whatever way they want. The point is that they are not supposed to use their religious opinion in making laws. If they use their religious opinion then they are forcing their religious beliefs on everyone else. There are more than just Christians in the United States you know.

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36982
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

hmmmmm wrote:
To even consider that a person would not be influenced by their
religious beliefs is very unrealistic.
<quoted text>
Tell that to the founding fathers, then.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36983
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

6

TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the founding fathers, then.
No, understand context. They came from Europe so they could escape government sponsored health car... I mean religion. The intent was to liberate personal expression of religious belief apart from government death panel... I mean government control.

Snicker.
the fact king

Irving, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36984
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

6

5

5

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, understand context. They came from Europe so they could escape government sponsored health car... I mean religion. The intent was to liberate personal expression of religious belief apart from government death panel... I mean government control.
Snicker.
More people came to "the new world" for wealth than for religious freedom........
The future

Kista, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36985
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Let it be
yesssss

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36986
Jan 8, 2013
 

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36987
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to the founding fathers, then.
Well I'm sure that the founding men, also didn't have same sex marriage in mind. Do you really think they ever thought that would be an issue? Get real.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36988
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, understand context. They came from Europe so they could escape government sponsored health car... I mean religion. The intent was to liberate personal expression of religious belief apart from government death panel... I mean government control.
Snicker.
the fact king wrote:
<quoted text>More people came to "the new world" for wealth than for religious freedom........
Some things never change, but that doesn't change the facts I posted.

Smirk.
The Lone Gunmen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36990
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Gay Activists Demand Canada Lower Age of Consent for Anal Sex



TORONTO,Homosexual activists have long sought to distance themselves from pedophiles, however Canada’s most prominent homosexual activist group has now demanded the lowering the age of consent for anal sex to 14 from 16.

Reacting to the Conservative Government’s plan to raise the age of consent for Anal sex from 16 to 18, EGALE (Equality for Gays and Lesbians Everywhere) has commenced a campaign to have the age of consent for anal sex lowered to 14 from 16. Laurie Arron, the director of advocacy for EGALE remarked to the Ottawa Citizen,“There’s no reason to treat anal sex differently than other sexual acts except to stigmatize gay and bisexual men.”

However, that statement is categorically false, speaking strictly from a medical standpoint. Even those who support homosexual sex acts warn nonetheless that anal sex is a dangerous activity, regardless of genders involved. The sex info site of the University of California at Santa Barbara, which can in no way be described as opposed to homosexual activity, nonetheless points out that anal sex is a dangerous practice.

Experts on sexual behavior, or “sexperts” at the site refers to them, warn that anal sex is the most dangerous behavior for transmission of HIV/AIDS and all other STDs since the anus is not designed for sexual activity as is the vagina. Moreover, the ‘sexperts’ warn that the practice also leads to fecal incontinence - loss of normal control of the sphincter muscles which leads to stool leaking from the rectum at unexpected times.

As the website puts it:“Even when people use lots of lubrication during anal sex, there can be tearing of the tissue inside the anus ... For this reason, anal sex is the riskiest form of sexual activity when it comes to the transmission of HIV/AIDS.

“Tiny tears in the anal tissue are like giant superhighways for the HIV viruses, allowing them to get inside the body and enter the blood system. Anal tears provide an opening for all the other STDs as well.

“It may be possible for repetitive anal sex to lead to weakening of the anal sphincter, which is the muscle that tightens after we defecate. Once weakened, feces can escape the anus against our will.

In response to the editorial, Jessica White West Vancouver, B.C. wrote a letter to the editor of the National Post.ÂÂ The published letter stated,“If both vaginal and anal intercourse were in accordance with natural law and did not discriminate in terms of consequences, this would be true. However, this is not the case with homosexual sex, as two people of the same sex do not have the required body parts to interact sexually and their intercourse can never be fruitful.”

White continued,“Furthermore, their sexual practices result in both physical and emotional damage, as is evidenced in numerous studies. More than 80% of AIDS cases in Canada are among homosexual or bisexual males; other diseases suffered either exclusively, or in larger percentages by the homosexual population, include: anal cancer, chlamydia trachomatis, cryptosporidium, giardia lamblia, herpes simplex virus, HPV, gonorrhea, viral hepatitis B and C, and syphilis.”

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36991
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

The Lone Gunmen wrote:
Gay, Gay, Gay
Nobody reads your posts, you know (except for you). We realize that these posts are like porn to you; they get your micro-schwanz all chubby.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36992
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

How is marriage in the absence of family good for the community? Why?

And why privilege such a relationship between two people? Why not two best friends? An employer and his favorite employee? A farmer and his dog?

The social good of marriage, as it has been traditionally understood, has always been rooted, among other things, in its role in the continuance of the human race–i.e., procreation and children. If we excise procreation from the stated civic purposes of marriage–as we are increasingly doing–then what’s the point? It’s just a random, arbitrary relationship that we’ve defined that we somehow think is good for the community. But why?

And what interest does the community have in protecting and subsidizing a sterile relationship between two people “in love”(ostensibly…or not)?
the fact king

Irving, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36993
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

KiMare wrote:
How is marriage in the absence of family good for the community? Why?
And why privilege such a relationship between two people? Why not two best friends? An employer and his favorite employee? A farmer and his dog?
The social good of marriage, as it has been traditionally understood, has always been rooted, among other things, in its role in the continuance of the human race–i.e., procreation and children. If we excise procreation from the stated civic purposes of marriage–as we are increasingly doing–then what’s the point? It’s just a random, arbitrary relationship that we’ve defined that we somehow think is good for the community. But why?
And what interest does the community have in protecting and subsidizing a sterile relationship between two people “in love”(ostensibly…or not)?
The only one who want a "relationship" with a dog IS YOUR WIFE........ That wh*re you married will f*ck a donkey too if she is given a chance......SMIRK.........
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36994
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

KiMare wrote:
How is marriage in the absence of family good for the community? Why?
And why privilege such a relationship between two people? Why not two best friends? An employer and his favorite employee? A farmer and his dog?
The social good of marriage, as it has been traditionally understood, has always been rooted, among other things, in its role in the continuance of the human race–i.e., procreation and children. If we excise procreation from the stated civic purposes of marriage–as we are increasingly doing–then what’s the point? It’s just a random, arbitrary relationship that we’ve defined that we somehow think is good for the community. But why?
And what interest does the community have in protecting and subsidizing a sterile relationship between two people “in love”(ostensibly…or not)?
Procreation and religious terrorism are not requirements or qualifications for the purchase of a marriage license from a county courthouses or city hall
.
Indeed; religious terrorists castigate couples that birth a child before marriage
Northern Man

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36995
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell that to all the presidents in the past who prayed before making major decisions or who called their pastor for advice & prayer before deciding to go to war? How many people do you think pray in any government office everyday before making decisions that effect all of us every day?
I think you really need to see the truth

http://i.imgur.com/6xuJX.jpg
crzzzd

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36996
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

youtube.com/watch...
Yeah!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 31,781 - 31,800 of47,046
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••