Tim Johnson backs same-sex marriage

Apr 8, 2013 Full story: KIDK CBS 3 22

Sen. Tim Johnson, D-S.D., on Monday joined the wave of senators from his party who are endorsing same-sex marriage for the first time.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Apr 8, 2013
And then there were 3 remaining.......

I doubt Sen Landrieu (LA) or Sen Pryor (AR) will "evolve" until after their reelection next year. Sen Manchin (WV) will likely be the only remaining holdout.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#2 Apr 8, 2013
This means NOTHING and you all know it. Number one, teh issue is in the hands of SCOTUS, so his position means NOTHING. Number two, he's not running for reelection, so ts costs him NOTHING.

Typical POS Democrat.

(He actually voted "FOR" DOMA until he was against it !:))

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Apr 8, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
This means NOTHING and you all know it. Number one, teh issue is in the hands of SCOTUS, so his position means NOTHING. Number two, he's not running for reelection, so ts costs him NOTHING.
Typical POS Democrat.
So you would rather they all remained opposed to marriage equality like the overwhelming majority of your fellow GOPasaurs?
Antonin Anthony Scalia

Justice, IL

#4 Apr 8, 2013
I wonder if "Hick" has any idea as to the kind of grades one has to receive in college to be accepted at a top law school.

I have a J.D. magna cum laude from Harvard, I am board certified in maritime law and I am never, ever lost at sea.

So I ask you, when Hick falls on his knees at night and prays that God strike down the homophobes, who do you think he is praying to? If you're looking for God, he was in Supreme Court chamber number two on March 14th, and he doesn't like to be second guessed.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#5 Apr 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would rather they all remained opposed to marriage equality like the overwhelming majority of your fellow GOPasaurs?
I'll never understand why you defend these guys. But then again, you defend Lenin, Stalin, Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, so I guess it's all for the same reason.

Why don't you ask him why he didnt support us when it mattered ?

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 Apr 8, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll never understand why you defend these guys. But then again, you defend Lenin, Stalin, Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, so I guess it's all for the same reason.
Why don't you ask him why he didnt support us when it mattered ?
He supports us now- it matters.

Would you rather he remain opposed like your fellow GOPasaurs?

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#7 Apr 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
He supports us now- it matters.
Would you rather he remain opposed like your fellow GOPasaurs?
It matters not a whit now as I said earlier becaue it's in teh hands of SCOTUS and he is not running for reelection.

If he DID still oppose us, it would at least shws he has some principles.

But since he's a Democrat, he's just the typical POS.

(And I'm not a GOPer.:))

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#8 Apr 8, 2013
Democrats are EVIL people. I know you're smart enough to know that and recognize that, so I don't know why you refuse to state teh obvious truth.

Methinks therefore that you are a fellow traveller.

You probably have naked Susan Estrich posters, and naked Monica Lewinksy posters plastered all over your bedroom.(He couldn't find a nice skinny Protestant girl ?!)
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Apr 8, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
(He couldn't find a nice skinny Protestant girl ?!)
He is married to one
Hillary is a methodist

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10 Apr 8, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Typical POS Democrat.
Incorrect. SCOTUS considers public opinion in reaching decisions.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#11 Apr 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. SCOTUS considers public opinion in reaching decisions.
They're not supposed to. That's exactly why they got Roe v. Wade wrong, and Bowers v. Hardwicke wrong.

Location hidden

#12 Apr 8, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not supposed to. That's exactly why they got Roe v. Wade wrong, and Bowers v. Hardwicke wrong.
They got Roe V. Wade right buddy.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#14 Apr 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
They got Roe V. Wade right buddy.
No, they didn't.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 8, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they didn't.
Yes they did.

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
It matters not a whit now as I said earlier becaue it's in teh hands of SCOTUS and he is not running for reelection.
If he DID still oppose us, it would at least shws he has some principles.
But since he's a Democrat, he's just the typical POS.
(And I'm not a GOPer.:))
It matters because the SCOTUS isn't going to rule on whether same-sex couples can marry in South Dakota. His public support may help change people's minds in his state and support overturning their marriage ban.

When you support GOPasaur policies and oppose Dem policies, then you're a GOPasaur.

Location hidden

#17 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It matters because the SCOTUS isn't going to rule on whether same-sex couples can marry in South Dakota. His public support may help change people's minds in his state and support overturning their marriage ban.
When you support GOPasaur policies and oppose Dem policies, then you're a GOPasaur.
Indeed.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#18 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
South Dakota is one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL states I've ever visited. I've been there acouple of times.(Too bad their annual snowfall averages 47 feet.:()

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
South Dakota is one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL states I've ever visited. I've been there acouple of times.(Too bad their annual snowfall averages 47 feet.:()
Actually they barely get 47 inches of snow in a winter on average.

But then you're too stupid to know that either.

Back on topic, the marriage ban in South Dakota only passed with 52% of the vote in 2006. Considering how much the country has changed on this issue over the past 6 years, it's quite likely there's enough support in the state now to overturn that ban. That's why Sen Johnson's support can make a difference.

Moron!

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#20 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they barely get 47 inches of snow in a winter on average.
But then you're too stupid to know that either.
Back on topic, the marriage ban in South Dakota only passed with 52% of the vote in 2006. Considering how much the country has changed on this issue over the past 6 years, it's quite likely there's enough support in the state now to overturn that ban. That's why Sen Johnson's support can make a difference.
Moron!
Google "hyperbole"

Tawas City, Michigan

#21 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Google "hyperbole"
Google "moronic fake libertarian".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What if high court rejects gay marriage cases? 1 hr Fa-Foxy 9
Divorce Law Out Of Synch With Same-Sex Marriage 1 hr Fundies R Mentall... 41
Church boots AA group over gay weddings 1 hr DNF 43
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 50,063
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 4 hr Grau 97
German Ethics Council Insists Sex Between Broth... 6 hr Gloria Davis 4
Today's News: Our Take - Melody Thomas Scott Di... (Apr '13) 8 hr dmw 50

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE