Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on ...

Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches

There are 9653 comments on the The Skanner story from Mar 1, 2012, titled Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches. In it, The Skanner reports that:

With Maryland poised to legalize gay marriage, some conservative opponents and religious leaders are counting on members of their congregations, especially in black churches, to upend the legislation at the polls this fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Skanner.

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#8795 Dec 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Keeping marriage male/female is good economic stewardship because it stops new entitlements for same sex dependent beneficiaries and new intrusive government regulation of marriage.
Sorry Brian, either ALL legally married couples should be treated equally by the federal government with regards to rights, benefits, privileges and recognition from state to state OR no legally married couples should be entitled to those rights, benefits, privileges......this would save the federal government lots of money, right?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#8796 Dec 12, 2012
Every gay and lesbian was born of heterosexual union; that's why marriage is male/female.

When same sex couples can provide the same benefits as gender diverse couples; get back to us.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#8797 Dec 12, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Only heterosexual married couples should be entitled to those "SPECIAL" rights.......sorry, but all legally married couples should be treated equally with regards to federal rights, benefits, privileges and recognition!!!
Sorry, but you are incorrect. Sexuality is irrelevant. One man/one woman marriage is what the federal government regards as a marriage. Het or hom-o is neither here nor there.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8798 Dec 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Keeping marriage male/female is good economic stewardship because it stops new entitlements for same sex dependent beneficiaries and new intrusive government regulation of marriage.
Not to mention it provides any children of the union with a mother AND a father....

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#8799 Dec 12, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you are incorrect. Sexuality is irrelevant. One man/one woman marriage is what the federal government regards as a marriage. Het or hom-o is neither here nor there.
Though that may be how DOMA defines marriage at the moment........it really isn't that simple.

So, are ya ready for the inaugural ball for Romney? or did ya have a change of plans?

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#8800 Dec 12, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention it provides any children of the union with a mother AND a father....
Sorry, but regardless of what you think.......children being raised by Gay or Lesbian parents have a mother and a father and they more than likely see both!!!!

It's no different that a divorced couple who have children!!!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8801 Dec 12, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Though that may be how DOMA defines marriage at the moment........it really isn't that simple.
So, are ya ready for the inaugural ball for Romney? or did ya have a change of plans?
Actually, it really 'is' that simple....

The election is over....I'm 'so' over it...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8802 Dec 12, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but regardless of what you think.......children being raised by Gay or Lesbian parents have a mother and a father and they more than likely see both!!!!
It's no different that a divorced couple who have children!!!
Actually, it's quite different, but I know you don't like to admit that...

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#8803 Dec 12, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it really 'is' that simple....
The election is over....I'm 'so' over it...
So, not going to the ball after all.......sorry to hear that, I'm certain the President would have invited you had he known you believed Romney was going to win.......lol!!!

And no, it isn't simple......because parents divorce and children may not have the same relationship with their parents as they did when the couple was married.......on top of that, Gay and Lesbian parents can provide all the things a mom and dad can provide......even positive role models for the son or daughter!!!

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#8804 Dec 12, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's quite different, but I know you don't like to admit that...
That's just it......it's not truly as different as you make it out to be!!!

Not every mom and dad environment is good for raising children......that's why we have a foster care system and orphanages that are over crowded!!!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8805 Dec 12, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
So, not going to the ball after all.......sorry to hear that, I'm certain the President would have invited you had he known you believed Romney was going to win.......lol!!!
And no, it isn't simple......because parents divorce and children may not have the same relationship with their parents as they did when the couple was married.......on top of that, Gay and Lesbian parents can provide all the things a mom and dad can provide......even positive role models for the son or daughter!!!
Actually, even if parents divorce and relationships change...the children still only have one mother or one father....regardless...

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#8806 Dec 12, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, even if parents divorce and relationships change...the children still only have one mother or one father....regardless...
As they still do regardless if the parents are Gay or Lesbian or straight......we only have a biological father and mother.......but we have lots of folks we call mom and dad!!!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8807 Dec 12, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
As they still do regardless if the parents are Gay or Lesbian or straight......we only have a biological father and mother.......but we have lots of folks we call mom and dad!!!
Not the same. That's why marriage between a man and a woman is so important....biological connection is the strongest...

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#8808 Dec 12, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the same. That's why marriage between a man and a woman is so important....biological connection is the strongest...
No, it's not.......frankly, you are clueless about what's most important to raising a child!!!!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8809 Dec 12, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not.......frankly, you are clueless about what's most important to raising a child!!!!
I'm not clueless on how that child got here....as 'you' seem to be....

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#8810 Dec 12, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not clueless on how that child got here....as 'you' seem to be....
I'm not clueless on how a child is conceived either dumbazz.......but that doesn't erase the fact that not all couples who have children are fit to raise them!!!!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8811 Dec 12, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not clueless on how a child is conceived either dumbazz.......but that doesn't erase the fact that not all couples who have children are fit to raise them!!!!
It also doesn't erase the fact that they can and do have children together, while two same-sexed couples do not.....
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#8812 Dec 12, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why marriage between a man and a woman is so important....biological connection is the strongest...
Do you somehow think that stops being true if gay couples are permitted to marry? It will not affect you or your marriage. You are free to spawn as many little copies of yourself as you see fit.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#8813 Dec 12, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
It also doesn't erase the fact that they can and do have children together, while two same-sexed couples do not.....
Do we have to re-invent the wheel with you every time you show up? Reproduction is not a requirement for marriage.

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#8814 Dec 12, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, as you posted to me in another thread....fertility and procreation are not mandated in order to marry......so, then why does it matter if a Same-Sex Couple can't procreate between themselves? It would be an IRRELEVANT issue, right?

And with Stem Cell research.....whose to say that 2 Lesbians can't conceive between themselves in the immediate future?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 1 min WeTheSheeple 751
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 7 min PAGAN WOODEN WHEE... 6,535
News Oregon issues final order in gay wedding cake case 28 min Sneaky Pete 8
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Mark 52,061
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 10 hr Jaimie 450
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 14 hr Wondering 76
News Who's That Toy Boy Madonna? 19 hr Waldo Simmons 1
More from around the web