Obama: Congress, world credibility on line

Sep 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS Atlanta

Ohio corrections officials say Ariel Castro who held three women captive in his home for nearly a decade has committed suicide at a state prison facility.

Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

The ice sculpture at the G20 is melting, this is important.
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

"Obama said it was a line that had first been clearly drawn by countries around the world and by Congress, in ratifying a treaty that bans the use of chemical weapons."

Except for ONE IMPORTANT DETAIL:

Syria is NOT signatory to that agreement!!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Mimi may start schooling the young man about post birth abortion.
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Should Obama take military action AGAINST SYRIA, he will be guilty of the CRIME OF AGRESSION as defined by the International Criminal Court.

"An act of aggression is defined as the use of armed force by one State against another State without the justification of self-defense or authorization by the Security Council."

http://www.iccnow.org/...

He neither has authorization from the Security Council and there is no justification for self-defense!!
buzzer

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

BS. Nobody's credibility is "on the line" except Barrack Obama's. That's not enough reason for us to waste a billion dollars on a pin-prick attack that will not topple Assad nor deter him from further poison gas attacks. Killing a few dozen to maybe a hundred Syrians (including some innocent ones) to make Obama look "macho" is a total waste.

Let's not forget that Syria is Iran's puppet. No doubt Assad has been promised that anything he loses in a US attack will be made good by them. Iran anxious to show the world Obama is a weakling. He's falling into their trap like the amateur he is.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

the scariest part of this is...I don't think he even KNOWS he's lying...

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Eleanor wrote:
Should Obama take military action AGAINST SYRIA, he will be guilty of the CRIME OF AGRESSION as defined by the International Criminal Court.
"An act of aggression is defined as the use of armed force by one State against another State without the justification of self-defense or authorization by the Security Council."
http://www.iccnow.org/...
He neither has authorization from the Security Council and there is no justification for self-defense!!
Not a problem, Barack said he didn't say red line.
.
He did another soft shoe and shuffle so by time he leaves office he'll be ready for Dancing With The Stars.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

I see Obama brought David Axelrod to the White House to meet with his inner circle. They need to get the spin started, fast. Now this is somebody else's problem, Obama had nothing to do with it, really knew nothing about it. The buck has to stop somewhere else. But, regardless of how much deniability they spin, this WILL be Obama's war.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Obama needs someone to hold his hand.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

That's right everyone. Their "credibility" is on the line.

Pay no mind about international law or constitutional law. Pay no mind to the meanings of a just or unjust war. Pay no mind to the people both here in the US and in Syria that do not want this war.

It's about "credibility". Which is just Washington DC speak for their ego's. If rejected, their egos are damaged. In other words, they got butt hurt.

And all of this is because of natural resources int he region they want to control. People, do not fall into the foolish idea that this is about chemical weapons. It's not. It about oil, money, pipelines, and war with Iran.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eighthman wrote:
Obama needs someone to hold his hand.
Don't expect Putin to do it. Unfortunately, he does.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

This complicated and potentially dangerous gambit is hinged on more than a couple factors.

1. The world bodies of the time outlawed chemical weapons after the first World War. That Syria is not a signatory isn't important. That Saddam Hussien used them during the Iran-Iraq war IS. And he eventually paid for that.

2. That the President shoved his foot in his mouth about "red lines" IS important. He shot off his mouth before conversing with any concerned allies about THEIR possible involvement. He lacks "team building" skills......

3. IF we have no coalition of the (un)willing then the US should rethink its position,until OTHER Countries feel the necessity in the wake of any future chemical attacks.

4. If the hawks in the Government are so damn willing to have ANOTHER war perhaps they should encourage their kids/grandkids to enlist. They need to get skin in the game.(Just HOW old is Malia?)

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Credibility is important.
After years of blasting Bush over Iraq and Afghanistan, Democrats on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee vote overwhelmingly for the US to stage an unprovoked attack on Syria. Only 3 republicans voted in support of an attack.

It's now on the record. It's not only Obama that has no principles, it's the whole Damnocrat Party.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

RustyS wrote:
I see Obama brought David Axelrod to the White House to meet with his inner circle. They need to get the spin started, fast. Now this is somebody else's problem, Obama had nothing to do with it, really knew nothing about it. The buck has to stop somewhere else. But, regardless of how much deniability they spin, this WILL be Obama's war.
I have no problem with that; just like the finding and killing of Osama bin Laden is all his as well… although, this time the congress will get some credit or blame depending on if they vote for and how things turn out. Either way it is a win-win for President Obama… the Senate panel approved of Obama taking it to the enemy… if only right-wing tea-baggers was part of that resolution…
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

RustyS wrote:
I see Obama brought David Axelrod to the White House to meet with his inner circle. They need to get the spin started, fast. Now this is somebody else's problem, Obama had nothing to do with it, really knew nothing about it. The buck has to stop somewhere else. But, regardless of how much deniability they spin, this WILL be Obama's war.
Spin? I didn't hear anyone say that their oil will pay for our attack. Obama's war? So you don't want it voted upon? Obama's war? Future President Hillary thanks you.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with that; just like the finding and killing of Osama bin Laden is all his as well… although, this time the congress will get some credit or blame depending on if they vote for and how things turn out. Either way it is a win-win for President Obama… the Senate panel approved of Obama taking it to the enemy… if only right-wing tea-baggers was part of that resolution…
I'm waiting for Barry to HALO into Damascus and do to Assad what he did to Bin Laden..... Wait,he didn't do ANYTHING.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Obama: America's First Coward President!
Gotel John

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RayOne wrote:
The ice sculpture at the G20 is melting, this is important.
Dr. Obama: the World? RayUno! it's yo World Wor or God20s!!;-00
Gotel John

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>Don't expect Putin to do it. Unfortunately, he does.
dat is funnie Ray!!;-000h, how about McCan?;)

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with that; just like the finding and killing of Osama bin Laden is all his as well… although, this time the congress will get some credit or blame depending on if they vote for and how things turn out. Either way it is a win-win for President Obama… the Senate panel approved of Obama taking it to the enemy… if only right-wing tea-baggers was part of that resolution…
He went to Congress because the British bailed out. Last week Obama was saying I do not need no stinkin' Congress.
.
Get real. He needs Congress as cover.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••