In U.S. fight over gay marriage, both sides gearing up for more battles

Nov 28, 2012 Full story: Reuters 1,145

Scott Everhart and Jason Welker hold each other before exchanging wedding vows at a comic book retail shop in Manhattan, New York June 20, 2012.

Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1088 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no mens' rights and womens' rights, a man wants his equal right to chose an abortion!
Wait, procreational abilities or lack thereof can be the basis for rights?
WTF???

Are you mocking the fundemental ideal of what our country is founded on by advising equal rights is a farce given men cannot have an abortion???

Really????

ROFL!!!!!

You STUPID lost idiot.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1089 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
while there is not as legal issue any longer, it still confuses me...
When a dude becomes a female and then becomes a lesbian...who then buys and brags about a huge strap-on...
who could understand that?
Your mind travels to some pretty strange and dark corridors doesn't it?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#1090 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
while there is not as legal issue any longer, it still confuses me...
When a dude becomes a female and then becomes a lesbian...who then buys and brags about a huge strap-on...
who could understand that?
Ahh, but that is just the point. We do not need to understand everything. There are, indeed, things that are unknowable. We must merely learn to accept.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1091 Dec 14, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you mocking the fundemental ideal of what our country is founded on by advising equal rights is a farce given men cannot have an abortion???
.
do men and women have the exact same rights as your reliance on the 14th amendment would imply?

so I don't know what you are talking about...as usual..
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1092 Dec 14, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mind travels to some pretty strange and dark corridors doesn't it?
I didn't conjure it...
unfortunately, I had to address that reality...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1093 Dec 14, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, but that is just the point. We do not need to understand everything. There are, indeed, things that are unknowable. We must merely learn to accept.
I read that in Kung Fu master voice and it fit perfectly...

I hear you...

Question, IS THERE A LINE?

When do these things bring the same issues you feel are a good reason to deny polygamy?
The difficulty in addressing them....

I mean, on divorce, custody has to be arranged, and it gets tricky when the father is now a second mother who has a girlfriend who is supporting "her"...
Of note, as to this couple, the next mate for the original wife was also a lesbian...
crazy right?
truth IS stranger than fiction, that's for sure...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1094 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
do men and women have the exact same rights as your reliance on the 14th amendment would imply?
so I don't know what you are talking about...as usual..
On basic liberties and freedoms they do. Have the same rights.

What game are you attempting to play at this moment loser?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1095 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't conjure it...
unfortunately, I had to address that reality...
Is it a reality?

So tranggenders use "strap ons" as a rule?

You're just a sick freak friend. No wonder your mind goes to those dark alleys.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1096 Dec 14, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
On basic liberties and freedoms they do.
do you mean like the fundamental right to an abortion?
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1097 Dec 14, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it a reality?
So tranggenders use "strap ons" as a rule?
post op, she did...curious right?

yes, I didn't make that up, I had to address it...
cue silly insults and denials...

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#1098 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that in Kung Fu master voice and it fit perfectly...
I hear you...
Question, IS THERE A LINE?
When do these things bring the same issues you feel are a good reason to deny polygamy?
The difficulty in addressing them....
I mean, on divorce, custody has to be arranged, and it gets tricky when the father is now a second mother who has a girlfriend who is supporting "her"...
Of note, as to this couple, the next mate for the original wife was also a lesbian...
crazy right?
truth IS stranger than fiction, that's for sure...
I am not familiar with this case... So I gather that a man and woman married, then the man transitioned to woman, and they both went on to live with other women?

That actually makes quite a little sense. The first wife was probably attracted to the man because of his feminine sensibilities. Why the marriage did not survive the transition is not for me to judge. But the man retained his original sexual orientation after transitioning, hence becoming a lesbian.

But if there is a custody dispute, how is this any more difficult than any other? It appears the child has a choice between two homes, each headed by two women. At least gender won't play a part in the judges' decision: It will be based on economic and emotional stability for the child.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1099 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
post op, she did...curious right?
yes, I didn't make that up, I had to address it...
cue silly insults and denials...
Who's "she"???

And how am I to know the personal lives of every person out there?

What are you??? A Peeping Tom wanna be???

LOL!!!

You did make that up freak. You made up the person AND the scenario.

You're a sicko bastard buddy...LOL!!!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1100 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
do you mean like the fundamental right to an abortion?
Depends on the stage of pregnancy.

They don't allow 8 month old fetuses to be aborted.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1101 Dec 14, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not familiar with this case... So I gather that a man and woman married, then the man transitioned to woman, and they both went on to live with other women?
That actually makes quite a little sense. The first wife was probably attracted to the man because of his feminine sensibilities. Why the marriage did not survive the transition is not for me to judge. But the man retained his original sexual orientation after transitioning, hence becoming a lesbian.
But if there is a custody dispute, how is this any more difficult than any other? It appears the child has a choice between two homes, each headed by two women. At least gender won't play a part in the judges' decision: It will be based on economic and emotional stability for the child.
Given the courts proclivity to have the child be with mom, they seemed perplexed a bit...(my little bias on there admittedly)
Then there was the issue of the fathers girlfriend providing support...they argued in court they were roommates and not romantically involved which usually doesn't fly with the deadbeat dads and their girlfriends, but here it did...they married just after the divorce...

I see your points about their attributes and yes that makes sense...the only part that didn't is, don't you want a lifelike "strap on" that makes YOU feel good?

you had one and cut it off in favor of a plastic one????

not for nothing but all this HAS to be kinda confusing for the kids...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1102 Dec 14, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
W You made up the person AND the scenario.
!
shocker...

I don't think you need to post anymore, I already write your posts for you in advance...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1103 Dec 14, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the stage of pregnancy.
They don't allow 8 month old fetuses to be aborted.
psst, who hold the right, men, women or both?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#1104 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
I see your points about their attributes and yes that makes sense...the only part that didn't is, don't you want a lifelike "strap on" that makes YOU feel good?
you had one and cut it off in favor of a plastic one????
not for nothing but all this HAS to be kinda confusing for the kids...
Frankly, I don't concern myself with others' use of sex toys. And if the kids are being confused by the parents' use of sex toys, my concern would be completely different than who is using what.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1105 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
shocker...
I don't think you need to post anymore, I already write your posts for you in advance...
Got that crystal ball all warmed up then.

LOL!!!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1106 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
psst, who hold the right, men, women or both?
Err.....only women can get pregnant.

Lost again I see.

LOL!!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#1107 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
while there is not as legal issue any longer, it still confuses me...
When a dude becomes a female and then becomes a lesbian...who then buys and brags about a huge strap-on...
who could understand that?
What you don't understand is this.......even though the man may have physically changed into a woman, their sexual orientation DID NOT change.......in other words, the man was heterosexual because he was attracted to women, and now is a Lesbian because SHE is STILL attracted to women!!!

Supposedly according to you, one Lesbian couple confided in you about what they do in the bedroom and you a)broke their trust and confidence, b)make it seem like ALL Lesbian couples have this issue or discussion with family and friends or c)is you just making shiet up or trying to stereotype Lesbians in general.......doesn't matter because it isn't something that Lesbians necessarily discuss.......oh and by the way, most women who buy strap-ons......are typically heterosexuals and don't have to explain to ANYONE why they buy them!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope chooses a moderate for Chicago archbishop 8 min Fundie Taliban 22
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 33 min Grau 58
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 49,940
Efforts underway to change GOP on gay marriage 2 hr Fundie Taliban 41
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 4 hr WasteWater 25,037
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 4 hr factcheck 23
Young, Evangelical, and Pro-GayBy Gene Robinson 6 hr eJohn 10
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••