The political debate on same-sex marriage is over

Mar 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

The Supreme Court will hear two landmark cases on gay marriage this week that have the potential to reshape how the country defines one of its most sacred institutions.

Comments
121 - 140 of 195 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2013

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one prancing around bitching and moaning about how "unfair" life is because you can't have everything you want.
I would tell you to GFY, but you'd be sick enough to do it.
We're not doing that, either. We're fighting to fix it.

We're mowing you down.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

I think you are wrong. It was Justice Kagen, and the more liberal group that wanted a ruling.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

From the informaation coming out of the SCOTUS blog it looks like there are not 5 votes to invalidate Prop 8. They simply won't rule on it. That means it will go back to California where it has been invalidated, but it will not become the law of the land. They are back where they started.
Who

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know?
An egg and a sperm are required to create a child, but that child is raised by PARENTS (if they are lucky). Most couples raising chidlren are straight, and some are gay.
And any child is blessed if those parents are loving, caring, and committed.
Oh really, is that how it works? Well no shit asshole.

Why are you explaining this to the gays, they're the ones who can't figure out the right way to do it.

Whether gays are good parents or lousy is irrelevent, children are the product of their environment and if that environment is predominantly homosexual, it's a safe bet that the child with be gay as well.

That's why gays aren't adopting - the gays are RECRUITING.

All they care about is their little "cause", and what better way to get what you want than to add more "soldiers" to the front line. And since gays can't procreate naturally, their using other people to further their agenda.
THE LONE WORKER

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

It is not a procreation issue. It is not new that perverts have feelings for each other and morality can be damned as far as they are concerned. What is new is that they can be accepted as normal and they can pass these perversions on until anyone who does not agree with their lifestyle can be considered abnormal. It is easy for these people to snow the issues and make the most of political clout. Perverts have made themelves nice people in public but in reality it is their desires that are paramount. Make drugs and peversion legal and we will see more of them.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Her biological mother's genes of course. Did you skip biology in high school?
So my gene pool continues in my daughter just like billions of other fathers.
I think that it is obscene that you would be asked to justify your daughters genetic make up. The concept being that marriage is reserved for those who can procreate, is a perverse notion. The kind of thinking so completely anal it's amazing to see.
My wife and i could not have children and ours is adopted.Which means we have zero input in to his gene pool.
Their efforts to limit the definition of 'family' is the offense here

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
......... have made themelves nice people in public but in reality it is their desires that are paramount..
For gay folks, that would be a desire to work hard for good pay, live where we choose, not have LGBT youth bullied to death, and have our marriages legally recognized.

Ooooooh, the horror!!!

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you explaining this to the gays, they're the ones who can't figure out the right way to do it.
Gay people understand it quite well, and we have no problem with sex. I was explaining it to you, since you asked the question, seeming a little confused.

And, really, did you think we are infertile? Do you believe that ALL parents must be biologically related to their children in order to marry? My goodness, think of the numbers of heterosexual marriages you would need to invalidate.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
From the informaation coming out of the SCOTUS blog it looks like there are not 5 votes to invalidate Prop 8. They simply won't rule on it. That means it will go back to California where it has been invalidated, but it will not become the law of the land. They are back where they started.
It will become the law of the land in California, which is giant step forward.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that it is obscene that you would be asked to justify your daughters genetic make up. The concept being that marriage is reserved for those who can procreate, is a perverse notion. The kind of thinking so completely anal it's amazing to see.
My wife and i could not have children and ours is adopted.Which means we have zero input in to his gene pool.
Their efforts to limit the definition of 'family' is the offense here
I agree. I have 2 cousins who were adopted. Even as kids we NEVER questioned the legitimacy of their place in our family.

I think it's mostly an ego & insecurity thing. Too many hetero men don't feel like a "real man" unless they pass their genes onto their child- and it's gotta be a boy too. You can just see how so many feel like less of a man because they only have daughters.

I tend to laugh at the guys strutting around so proud just because they have a boy; like it's some major accomplishment no one has ever done before.

I always snicker thinking- "congrats, your dick works....."
THE LONE WORKER

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

America had better wake up or sleep with one eye open if these perverts get all they want. Just sayin.....

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether gays are good parents or lousy is irrelevent, children are the product of their environment and if that environment is predominantly homosexual, it's a safe bet that the child with be gay as well.
That's why gays aren't adopting - the gays are RECRUITING.
All they care about is their little "cause", and what better way to get what you want than to add more "soldiers" to the front line. And since gays can't procreate naturally, their using other people to further their agenda.
So if the environment is predominantly heterosexual, then it's a safe bet that the child will be hetero as well?

Since nearly 100% of gays were raised in hetero families, then why aren't we all straight?

Hmmmmm, once again the facts don't seem to fit your bigotry.

So if kids can be recruited, what did it take to turn you gay?$10 or 10 inches?

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
America had better wake up or sleep with one eye open if these perverts get all they want. Just sayin.....
And what is it that you think that 'they' want...just wonderng
THE LONE WORKER

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is it that you think that 'they' want...just wonderng
Bad behaviour is in their lifestyle and they have been known to mess with people who do not believe in their way. Perversion of our nation is what they want.
THE LONE WORKER

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

These people have no scruples when it comes to right behaviour and morality. The take advantage of silly people.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Bad behaviour is in their lifestyle and they have been known to mess with people who do not believe in their way. Perversion of our nation is what they want.
That is just your opinion. Do you really live in the state of Washington? Do you 'know' any gay people personally (I don't mean in a sexual way either)! SSM is already legal in Washington.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Bad behaviour is in their lifestyle and they have been known to mess with people who do not believe in their way. Perversion of our nation is what they want.
Haven't social conservatives been know to mess with people who do not believe in their way?
I have never been accosted by a gay person who was attempting to convert me.
Yet I have been approached by many religious people attempting to convert me.
We have had them knock on my door, I have never heard of gays doing that.
Am I missing something but personal pleas to convert come from the faithful.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Eric Gustafson wrote:
That goes to verify the Court is infected with Marxist masking as conservatives willing to push their Religious agenda over the Founding Principles of America and conspiring to deny every American access to equal justice independent of their personal preferences and sexual practices as consenting adults.
We knew the bias existed on the Court with in the Conservative appointed Justices.
They will indeed confirm Justice in America is not blind but afforded to the connected...... A move further down the slippery slop to Fascism.
<quoted text>
Speaking of pushing crap at people......

STUDY: Health overhaul to raise claims cost 32%...

Will soar 62% in CA, 80% in OH, WI...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
These people have no scruples when it comes to right behaviour and morality. The take advantage of silly people.
that's no way to talk about the religious cult bigots who oppose SSM...well, actually it is, carry on!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't social conservatives been know to mess with people who do not believe in their way?
I have never been accosted by a gay person who was attempting to convert me.
Yet I have been approached by many religious people attempting to convert me.
We have had them knock on my door, I have never heard of gays doing that.
Am I missing something but personal pleas to convert come from the faithful.
I've been acosted by Obama Care.

STUDY: Health overhaul to raise claims cost 32%...

Will soar 62% in CA, 80% in OH, WI...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••