The political debate on same-sex marr...

The political debate on same-sex marriage is over

There are 195 comments on the The Washington Post story from Mar 24, 2013, titled The political debate on same-sex marriage is over. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The Supreme Court will hear two landmark cases on gay marriage this week that have the potential to reshape how the country defines one of its most sacred institutions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#129 Mar 26, 2013
That goes to verify the Court is infected with Marxist masking as conservatives willing to push their Religious agenda over the Founding Principles of America and conspiring to deny every American access to equal justice independent of their personal preferences and sexual practices as consenting adults.

We knew the bias existed on the Court with in the Conservative appointed Justices.

They will indeed confirm Justice in America is not blind but afforded to the connected...... A move further down the slippery slop to Fascism.
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>NBC's Pete Williams reports from outside the Supreme Court following the Prop 8 oral arguments.
By Tom Curry, Political Reporter, NBC News
In a historic argument on a challenge to state laws that limit marriage to heterosexual couples, the Supreme Court indicated Tuesday that it might be hesitant to strike down such laws.
Following the oral argument, Pete Williams of NBC News reported that it seemed “quite obvious that the U.S. Supreme Court is not prepared to issue any kind of sweeping ruling” declaring that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry.
Williams said there seemed to be “very little eagerness” from any of the justices to “embrace that broad a ruling.”

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#130 Mar 26, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Hope you're not on a salt free diet.
You've been on a diet of ignorance and stupidity all your life. You're full of shit, birther nut DUMBOSPAMBOT.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#131 Mar 26, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>More than a Vacation a Month for Obamas in 2013
8:36 AM, Mar 26, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPE
In the first three months of the year, members of the first family have been on three vacations, averaging a vacation a month. And now it's being reported that the first daughters are on a spring break vacation in the Bahamas.
WHEN WILL OBAMA GO TO WORK AND DO HIS JOB........THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S JOBS ECONOMY AND SAFETY.
Cross thread DUMBOSPAM.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#132 Mar 26, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Please list all the bills republicans have blocked. We can compare them to the 28 Harry Reid is setting on that the house has already passed and he won't even bring them to a vote. Now who do you think Reids Boss is?
interesting, "Who do you think Reids Boss is?"

If not the constituents who elected Reid from Nevada, who do you expect is Reid's Boss?

Are you remotely familiar with the process of a Representative Government? You really aren't capable of having a cogent thought on the fundamental principles that make America, are you. How and where were those ideas you have formulated?

You think just like a Marxist with a twist of communist. You're opposed to Citizens voting, a champion for Unequal access, and would shred due process.

You would find Afghanistan a fitting retirement community to live with near zero tax liability because you're simply unfit for a civilized society.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#133 Mar 26, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Sorry it was the liberal Justices, especially the gay one, that wanted this ruling. So now she is going to be stuck with it.
If she wanted this ruling, then there was no reason to take the case in the first place, since the 9th circuit already overturned Prop 8.

You really don't even understand the case do you?

Tawas City, Michigan

#134 Mar 26, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
My gene pool will go on - the gays gene pool stops with them.
That's why it's called procreation, gays are in incapable of it.
Really? You should tell that to my daughter; she has my eyes, along with the rest of my genes.

Tawas City, Michigan

#135 Mar 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and then they will rule on DOMA being unconstitutional...
DOMA will be a slam dunk 6-3 ruling to overturn it.

Only the rabidly anti-gay Scalia and his lap dogs- Thomas & Alito will vote to uphold it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#137 Mar 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
DOMA will be a slam dunk 6-3 ruling to overturn it.
Only the rabidly anti-gay Scalia and his lap dogs- Thomas & Alito will vote to uphold it.
We can only hope so.. i am tired of living in a nation that is so unfair to my fellow citizens.
Satan_herself

Bellevue, WA

#139 Mar 26, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you do, then you'll be seeing the other side of our judicial system - the prison side.
Crazy bitch.
I'll burn your church to ground

Love Lilith/Sparkle
NoQ

Bellevue, WA

#140 Mar 26, 2013
You qweers can suck it your gonna lose in the supreme court...
Lilith

Bellevue, WA

#141 Mar 26, 2013
NoQ wrote:
You qweers can suck it your gonna lose in the supreme court...
told u this azzhole was full of sh!t
Cat74

United States

#142 Mar 26, 2013
What do they expect the Supreme Court to rule on? There seems to be 2 issues, neither of which seem to be in the S C venue. I don't se how it got to the S C in the first place.
Sparkle

Bellevue, WA

#143 Mar 26, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
What do they expect the Supreme Court to rule on? There seems to be 2 issues, neither of which seem to be in the S C venue. I don't se how it got to the S C in the first place.
hey fat74 i'll kill your dumbazz

St. Croix valley

#144 Mar 26, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Seems to be what kennedy was saying, yet it is the justices that decide which cases they will hear...how did they let this one in since it has been decided in California already. SSM is legal and constitutional and bans agaisnt it are unconstitutional.

very simple.

the DOMA CASE is done already...not constitutional...
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#145 Mar 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You should tell that to my daughter; she has my eyes, along with the rest of my genes.
Yours - and who else's?
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#146 Mar 26, 2013
Satan_herself wrote:
<quoted text>I'll burn your church to ground
Love Lilith/Sparkle
Knock yourself out.

But it's on you.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#147 Mar 26, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours - and who else's?
You don't know?

An egg and a sperm are required to create a child, but that child is raised by PARENTS (if they are lucky). Most couples raising chidlren are straight, and some are gay.

And any child is blessed if those parents are loving, caring, and committed.

Tawas City, Michigan

#148 Mar 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to be what kennedy was saying, yet it is the justices that decide which cases they will hear...how did they let this one in since it has been decided in California already. SSM is legal and constitutional and bans agaisnt it are unconstitutional.
very simple.
the DOMA CASE is done already...not constitutional...
I'd say it's pretty obvious from the oral arguments it was the 4 Republican justices who voted to accept the Prop 8 case hoping to convince Kennedy to join them in overturning the 9th circuit and upholding Prop 8.

Doesn't sound like that worked out for them!

Tawas City, Michigan

#149 Mar 26, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours - and who else's?
Her biological mother's genes of course. Did you skip biology in high school?

So my gene pool continues in my daughter just like billions of other fathers.

St. Croix valley

#151 Mar 26, 2013
CaliforniaTorturePrisons wrote:
Central California Womens Facility Prison in Chowchilla is vastly overcrowded to the point of being a health hazard for the Female Inmates there. Attempted suicides are not being reported and the Guards and Staff are on the take there. Also Prisoners there are not being released in a timely manner contributing to the problems
The media ban needs to be lifted from the state prisons which are taxpayer-financed institutions. Torture and murder have been taking place beneath the radar of the media since Pete Wilson banned the media in 1996. But it was Jerry Brown I feel who created these conditions when he passed the determinate sentencing laws from his previous term as Governor.I feel he may be lying to everyone when he claims that the problems are solved. Why would he be lying? Because he took $2.5 mil from the CCPOA Prison Guards to help him get elected. He is willing to participate in great inhumanity and corruption for the sake of a dollar. This is reason to recall him and put someone else in power who hasn't sold their souls to law enforcement labor unions. The prison death toll needs to be public, not covered up by those who feed off the human bondage industry. All IMHO.
Please send a letter to the California Governor to protest these conditions or
please make a donation to:
http://womenprisoners.org/
good reason to not break the law and thus go to prison...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rev. Long was at Cedar Springs Baptist Church i... (Sep '10) 1 hr sad 6
News Trump's victory has unleashed a wave of same-se... 2 hr Rev Cash Dollar 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 hr Sceptical-Mal 4,986
News Residents irritated by Journey guitarist's SF w... (Dec '13) 8 hr Fred 2
News 7 Weird But Real Jobs Wed wichita-rick 9
News Lacusong: What is your religion's ultimate goal? Wed True Christian wi... 1
News Anti-gay Atlanta bishop Eddie Long, who was acc... Wed Beauty QUEEN 6
More from around the web