City scraps plan to offer 'allowance' to gay workers

Dec 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KOMO News

Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn is scrapping plans to offer some gay city workers a cash allowance to pay a specific federal tax.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Dec 5, 2012

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Whatever happened to "equal protection of the laws" ?

And does anybody even know what that means ?!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Important. Read this one.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

This is why the SCOTUS needs to get involved...but they keep putting it off.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Local governments and private employers should not be placed in the position of paying more for GLBT employee benefits than for heterosexual family benefits. This attempt to offset one inequality with another inequality cannot be sustained. The right approach is to eliminate the inequality imposed by the federal government.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

nhjeff wrote:
Local governments and private employers should not be placed in the position of paying more for GLBT employee benefits than for heterosexual family benefits. This attempt to offset one inequality with another inequality cannot be sustained. The right approach is to eliminate the inequality imposed by the federal government.
While I agree with you, this has not been done because not enough people agree WITH US.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••