In Hollywood, RNC doubles down on gay marriage

Apr 12, 2013 | Posted by: Gay And Proud | Full story: www.politico.com

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Rob Portman changed his mind and many GOP leaders would just as soon change the subject. But socially conservative Republican National Committee members gathering in one of the most gay-friendly places in the country are pushing the party to redouble its opposition to gay marriage.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

These people are so stupid. They cannot win on this issue. They're shooting themselves in the foot.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Their whole agenda is built upon lies -- the lie that LGBT people are monsters who must be punished. They can't abide losing that foundation.

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

I hope the the National Republican Committee keeps doing what they are doing. That way they will become just a relevant at the National level as they are at the State level here in CA. Read that as not at all.
Brian

Attleboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

"We’re just in favor of protecting an institution that has existed for 6,000 years.”
I don't know where they come up with 6,000 years. Another made up fact by the religious wrong.
It's unbelievable that they are still preaching against homosexuality. Something that is part of the human fabric. Imagine if they were still riding the bandwagon of not letting blacks or women having equal rights?
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

People in Hollywood have a higher divorce rate that first time married teenagers.
SirAndrew

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Poor Abe Lincoln, were he to come back today, would not recognize the party he created. They have so totally abandoned the core principles of the original party that they make Lincoln look like a raving liberal. And with this change will come their imminent demise. To which I say, good riddance to really, ugly, stinky, bad rubbish. They are a disgrace to thinking men and women, and an embarrassment to America.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Little Blue Alien wrote:
You can thank the zionist pigs, the federal reserve bank, technology, the tax code, resource depletion, and our special relationship with Ishrael for the cesspool that is America. If there is any solice that I can provide it is that evil will ultimately consume and destroy itself, just do your best not to get caught up in it. Stop funding it, and eventually it will die. That IS where this is all heading.
There will come a day
That day is near.
Shouldn't you supernaturalists be THRILLED with anticipation over the end of the world? I thought the whole thing was supposed to be "God's Plan". If it's a PLAN, then why does it always sound like you're BLAMING people for bringing it about? Why does it sound like you see the implementation of God's Plan as a CRIME, or something to be avoided? You should be pushing us all TOWARD that "nearing day", not suggesting ways to defund and derail this marvelous "plan".

The convolutions of religion make no sense. Laud the wonderful plans of gods, and then blame the people that bring those plans about.
gesinkdairy

Alamosa, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

SirAndrew wrote:
Poor Abe Lincoln, were he to come back today, would not recognize the party he created. They have so totally abandoned the core principles of the original party that they make Lincoln look like a raving liberal. And with this change will come their imminent demise. To which I say, good riddance to really, ugly, stinky, bad rubbish. They are a disgrace to thinking men and women, and an embarrassment to America.
If you believe that Abe Lincoln would have supported same sex marriage you know nothing about Abe Lincoln.
gesinkdairy

Alamosa, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Abe Lincoln would be shocked that anyone would promote anything as perverted as same sex marriage!!!

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

gesinkdairy wrote:
Abe Lincoln would be shocked that anyone would promote anything as perverted as same sex marriage!!!
What do you have against marriage? Most people rather like the idea, even if they choose not to try it, or have had trouble in the past maintaining one.
Mickey

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you have against marriage?
I have nothing against marriage. Real marriage that is.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Mickey wrote:
I have nothing against marriage. Real marriage that is.
The good news is, you don't even need to concern yourself with anything that you don't consider "real". You can freely live the life that you feel is best for you, and at the same time you can allow others to do the same for themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••