Slamming the door on Jehovah Witness ...

Slamming the door on Jehovah Witness Cult et al.

There are 2892 comments on the ukiahcommunityblog.wordpress.com story from Mar 16, 2013, titled Slamming the door on Jehovah Witness Cult et al.. In it, ukiahcommunityblog.wordpress.com reports that:

She is an apostate, which sounds like a strange disease, and in many ways it is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ukiahcommunityblog.wordpress.com.

“Close enough”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1499 May 12, 2013
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> But it was not the end was it. Judgement day is still to come.
Oh? is that so? Many people who claim they are saved firmly disagree with you, and they say they get their ideas from the Bible, too, dee.

Many believe that when a person dies, he goes straight to heaven or hell (and some use the illustration of the rich man in hell as an example of that).

Or they teach that their soul/spirit goes straight to heaven or hell. Or his spirit soul goes to heaven or hell waiting to be reconnected with their dead bodies on judgment day. Not a new body, just a body that would be connected, taken from the dust, that would cover their soulspirit and then they would appear before God to be judged.

Either the rich man was waiting for judgment and suffering in the meantime in his bodiless soulspirit with his tongue burning and hot as hell there, or he was not waiting for judgment, he was judged because he couldn't get out of that hot place, and as Dante said, all hope was taken away from him. Judged. Perhaps that was his judgment day, dee. Perhaps you think it was judgment day for him, even though you say judgment day has not come yet.
buck

AOL

#1500 May 12, 2013
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> GA to you buck.
I agree with you 100%
GA stands for what "Great Answer" LOL
I know what it means ha ha
south carolina dee don't ever change
I don't know how to act surrounded by all the sweet women on here lol
there's you, Karen, Shel, RI Red Horse Woman :)
maybe you all can sweeten buck up LOL
buck

AOL

#1501 May 12, 2013
hMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that is why Jehovah's Witnesses are the least educated sect.
You have to be either pretty stupid or mentally ill to believe the fairy tales the wBTS tells.
Yeah, some "paradise" where ONLY people who agree to sell all their assets to the WBTS and spend 10 hours a month selling propaganda FOR the WBTS get to live forever!
The Brothers Grimm never told such a nonsensical story.
A sucker is born every minute, and the wBTS is there to fleece them!!
yes when you limit yourself to the little that the JWs claim they have knowledge about one is not that well educated. How can you not believe the Bible for all that it holds. Accept what God has given to men to tell us about him that we may know him and the power of his resurrection.
How many religions base their beliefs upon sections of the Bible, why not base your beliefs upon all that the Bible holds not.
buck

AOL

#1502 May 12, 2013
all throughtout life how many of us have heard preachers who preached fire and brimstone. and now we have this very small sect of Jehovah Witnesses that claim there is no hell.
I think those preachers would say the JWs have fallen off the turnip wagon and hit their head too hard on the rocks LOL
I guess the JWs who don't believe in hell better hope they don't end up in hell in order to believe in it whoops
buck

AOL

#1503 May 12, 2013
well it's Sunday morning, the sun is poppin out after plenty of rainfall.
nice & green spring day.
thought for the day: when we limit God it's like we're saying there are things that God just can't do. uh hum yeah.
He made the world in 6 days, he hangs earth on "nothing". God calls every star by "name" & knows them all, trillions of them. God should know them, after all he made them all not.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#1504 May 12, 2013
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that the majority of mankind drowned in the flood of Noah's time? How about even if only 100 died in that flood? Would it make it any better? They didn't keep drowning, by the way. They drowned, and that was it for them -- no longer on the earth.
Why not answer my question about a God who will kill 99% of the world because they don't call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses? Good Christian people who have given their whole lives to the Lord, how is that a loving God?

And how do you know that when those who died in Noah's day are not suffering some place? You DON'T KNOW, I DON'T KNOW, NO ONE KNOWS but God himself.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#1505 May 12, 2013
buck wrote:
well it's Sunday morning, the sun is poppin out after plenty of rainfall.
nice & green spring day.
thought for the day: when we limit God it's like we're saying there are things that God just can't do. uh hum yeah.
He made the world in 6 days, he hangs earth on "nothing". God calls every star by "name" & knows them all, trillions of them. God should know them, after all he made them all not.
I hope you are going to worship the Lord today.:) its mothers day and our church will be packed to the brime. My granddaughter has been ask to sing this morning and she is very nervous, but she will do just great I am sure. God is using her in a very mighty way lately and I am so very proud of her for the stands she is taking for God.

God cannot be limited in any way can he? Have you ever thought about the fact that God knows our name personally? That just blows my poor little feeble mind!:)

Have a blessed day buck.
WaitingandWonder ing

United States

#1506 May 12, 2013
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text>No brains needed nor wanted to be a JW. It is easier to fool the uneducated to follow men who say they are necessary for salvation whereas an educated person can read, in context, and know them for the liars they are. They can see right through the scam of free labor for a publishing company using peoples' everlasting lives for the ego inflating lies of men.
Watchtower 2011 Jun 15 p.6
"But there is danger in encouraging them to take up a life style centered on education and financial security instead of true worship.... Plans for a life that subordinates spirituality to worldly goals can snuff out a young person’s desire to serve God."
Why can't you do both at the same time?
Watchtower 2011 Nov 15 p.19
“Vigilant Christians refrain from using the world to the full with regard to higher education. Many people in this world consider higher education an indispensable stepping-stone to prestige and an affluent life. But we Christians live as temporary residents and pursue different goals. We avoid “minding lofty things.”(Rom. 12:16; Jer. 45:5) Since we are Jesus’ followers, we heed his warning:“Keep your eyes open and guard against every sort of covetousness, be- cause even when a person has an abundance his life does not result from the things he possesses.”(Luke 12:15) Consequently, young Christians are encouraged to pursue spiritual goals, getting only as much education as is required to meet their basic needs while focusing on preparing themselves to serve Jehovah ‘with their whole heart, soul, strength, and mind.’(Luke 10:27) By doing so, they can become “rich toward God.””
Watchtower 2011 Jun 15 p.31
"Higher education: Jesus warned against ‘seeking your own glory.’(John 7:18) Whatever you decide as to how much secular education you will obtain, have you ‘made sure of the more important things’?—Phil. 1:9,10. Grzegorz, the computer programmer, made some changes in his life. He said:“Taking seriously the advice of the elders, I simplified my life. I realized that I did not need to further my secular education. That would only rob me of time and energy.” Grzegorz got more involved in congregation activities. In time, he graduated from what is now called the Bible School for Single Brothers. Yes, he ‘bought out the time’ to further his divine education.
Watchtower 2006 Apr 15 p.27
"Do you not agree that to continue enjoying divine blessings, we must resist seeking things for ourselves at the expense of Jehovah's worship? That is so whether the activity or interest diverting our attention is the pursuit of wealth, get-rich-quick schemes, ambitious plans for advanced education to have a desirable career in this system, or programs of personal fulfilment."
Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15
"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"
. Look at that 54 yrs ago and there was no time to secure an education and serve God with truth and intelligence.
Well said. My pet lemur that I affectionately call "dee-lightful" could have said it so much better than you, but he is so much better educated than you.
dee lightful

Stanley, NC

#1507 May 12, 2013
buck wrote:
<quoted text>
True you do have great answers. You don't need sweeting up for you are already sweet and gentleman to boot!
What state are you in in the south?
dee lightful

Stanley, NC

#1508 May 12, 2013
WaitingandWondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. My pet lemur that I affectionately call "dee-lightful" could have said it so much better than you, but he is so much better educated than you.
did you notice that it is the WT that disapproves of education for their followers. It is so much easier to brain wash and control people that way.People who can think for themselves are not wanted in the WTS.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1509 May 12, 2013
Education -Why Bother When Armageddon is so Near?

The Watchtower Society doesn’t mix its words when they are discouraging kids away from further education.

Such phrases as “you will never fulfill any career that this system offers” or “Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda” are clearly suggesting that education is a bad thing.

Instead the Watchtower encourages young people to “get into the full time field service as quickly as possible” or “Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry or the Bethel your goal”.

As the Watchtower believes Armageddon is very near they teach that there is no point to higher education, in fact, it’s worthless.

Unfortunately the Watchtower have been saying its the end of the world for the past 100 years, and most of the young Witnesses struggle to find good and fulfilling jobs due to missing out on higher education.

Any one for a window cleaner?

Watchtower 1st August 1975 p451 - It is foolish to want to be a doctor or a lawyer.

Watchtower 15th March 1969 p171 - Do not pursue higher education. There is very little time left! Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service, your goal.

Awake! September 1968 p10 - Professional people, doctors and lawyers are often "inconsiderate of others" due to their undesirable higher education.

Watchtower 15th March 1969 p171 - Do not pursue higher education. There is very little time left! Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service, your goal.

hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#1510 May 12, 2013
Iehouah Jehovah wrote:
Education -Why Bother When Armageddon is so Near?
The Watchtower Society doesn’t mix its words when they are discouraging kids away from further education.
Such phrases as “you will never fulfill any career that this system offers” or “Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda” are clearly suggesting that education is a bad thing.
Instead the Watchtower encourages young people to “get into the full time field service as quickly as possible” or “Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry or the Bethel your goal”.
As the Watchtower believes Armageddon is very near they teach that there is no point to higher education, in fact, it’s worthless.
Unfortunately the Watchtower have been saying its the end of the world for the past 100 years, and most of the young Witnesses struggle to find good and fulfilling jobs due to missing out on higher education.
Any one for a window cleaner?
Watchtower 1st August 1975 p451 - It is foolish to want to be a doctor or a lawyer.
Awake! September 1968 p10 - Professional people, doctors and lawyers are often "inconsiderate of others" due to their undesirable higher education.
Higher education is reserved for the creeps that the WBTS deems evil enough to defend their many lawsuits for putting children in danger by harboring and protecting the pedophile elders that sexually assault the innocent children of members.

Then they steal from the window washers and toilet cleaner members so the WBTS can pay for the Ivy League legal education needed to protect the most evil of all criminals.

Since: May 13

Europe

#1511 May 12, 2013
Jws do support education but do not support studying courses that drive you away 4rm JEHOVAH......searching 4 where God resides, searching if there is a creator some where......which are absolutly nonsense.....100%.......rubbis h
WaitingandWonder ing

United States

#1512 May 12, 2013
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> did you notice that it is the WT that disapproves of education for their followers. It is so much easier to brain wash and control people that way.People who can think for themselves are not wanted in the WTS.
Did you think that up all by yourself? A trained monkey could do better. In fact, a trained brain dead monkey could do better. But your mother keeps reminding you of that.
dee lightful

Stanley, NC

#1513 May 12, 2013
Jonathan Olubo wrote:
Jws do support education but do not support studying courses that drive you away 4rm JEHOVAH......searching 4 where God resides, searching if there is a creator some where......which are absolutly nonsense.....100%.......rubbis h
There are no courses that drive you away from God that is what the WT studies do... drive you into the arms of false theachers and false prophets..as you say, the wt teaches absolute rubbish.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1514 May 12, 2013
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> There are no courses that drive you away from God that is what the WT studies do... drive you into the arms of false theachers and false prophets..as you say, the wt teaches absolute rubbish.
Well said!
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#1515 May 12, 2013
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> There are no courses that drive you away from God that is what the WT studies do... drive you into the arms of false theachers and false prophets..as you say, the wt teaches absolute rubbish.
Because of course, any education will drive you away from the evil cult leaders who call themselves "jehovah".
Why would God not want you to be educated??
If they WBTS weren't such hypocrites, they would use the same dimwit elders they deem to be "appointed by jehovah" to counsel members to provide legal counsel in court.
Liars, and hypocrites.
Hi there Buck

Marshfield, WI

#1516 May 12, 2013
buck wrote:
<quoted text>
Been away for a bit, I hope and Pray you and everyone are doing well...I miss all of you and keep on speaking up for the truth and helping others to get out of this dangerous Cult of Jw's...
Take Care pal/friend hope to speak with you soon..:)

Since: Feb 07

RI

#1517 May 12, 2013
buck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know how to act? Well, Buck, we'll just have to "larn" you, won't we? LOL

“Close enough”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1518 May 12, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not answer my question about a God who will kill 99% of the world because they don't call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses? Good Christian people who have given their whole lives to the Lord, how is that a loving God?
And how do you know that when those who died in Noah's day are not suffering some place? You DON'T KNOW, I DON'T KNOW, NO ONE KNOWS but God himself.
How do I know this? For various reasons. Does it make sense to you that God would kill them and then torture them more after they drowned? No, it does not make sense to me. The deaths of those persons was punishment enough, God needed to rid the earth of these bad people. I know this: there are requirements meant for salvation. It goes beyond being nice, polite, and friendly, even good families. If I am alive when the 'end' comes, I believe I will see exactly who God approves of if I live long enough. Faith, and ideas lead to actions. If I thought that any other religion was teaching the truth as I understand the truth to be, I would feel free to join them. But I don't.

Jesus said at John 17:3 - This means everlasting life -- their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one who you sent forth.

Therefore, taking in knowledge of God is essential to everlasting life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 43 min Carmel 5,942
News 'He did it to himself': Anthony Weiner faces pr... Mon overlord 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sun Truth to Power 31,985
News Church 'rejoices' after decision to offer same-... May 20 Grief Counselor 1
News Local Brides Say Photographer Owes Them Wedding... (Aug '08) May 19 Meethead 619
News Judge won't hear gay adoptions because it's not... May 19 Christian Taliban 31
News Thanks to Trumpa s vague order, LGBT activists ... May 18 The Stealth 2
More from around the web