Slamming the door on Jehovah Witness Cult et al.

She is an apostate, which sounds like a strange disease, and in many ways it is.

Full Story
buck

AOL

#1477 May 11, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything they don't truly understand, they just skip over and try to change the subject with attackes usually. I am only showing them what the Bible says, if they don't like it, then they need to take it up with God.:)
yeah JWs are good at skipping LOL
I'd like to be there when they (JWs) need to explain to God on Judgement Day why they only chose to follow the Bible verses they felt important enough to follow. I'd like to hear a JW"s explanation in return when God asks "when did I ever say that a man is allowed to pick and choose the verses he deems necessary to follow?" that is a big whoops huh
dee lightful

Easley, SC

#1478 May 11, 2013
Snorkler wrote:
<quoted text>It is no lie that Father Xmas has a cult like following ,it is no lie that many peoples world wide paticipate in this Xmas Spirit festivities ,you yourself do , not so ?
I believe in the celebration of the birth of Christ and I give gifts as scripture tell us to do and most of all I know the difference between what is truth and what is a fairy tale, something you don't seem to know , like a child.
1 Corinthians 13:11 NIV
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me
Are you still a child that believes in fairy tales?
buck

AOL

#1479 May 11, 2013
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord
from Psalm 98:8
and in John 16:22 Jesus says
but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
the joy of the Lord is one of the biggest benefits and sources of strength
and there is no law against it amen.
therefore a JW or anyone who has a problem celebrating holidays has no right to tell another it is a crime.
there is no scripture to back up the sin of celebrating festive holidays or any day you choose to celebrate.
a just and righteous God does not send anyone to hell for celebrating the day of Thanksgiving or Christmas etc. & he does not say it is a sin to celebrate those holidays any holiday that does not conflict with the Bible.
actually those who judge you on days you keep have the greater sin not. whoops
buck

AOL

#1480 May 11, 2013
GM dee :)
yes I do believe gift giving year round and not just on Christmas is epitome of Christ.
It also gets men away from a character of greediness not.
give and it shall be given
and that just doesn't apply with $$$
dee lightful

Easley, SC

#1481 May 11, 2013
buck wrote:
GM dee :)
yes I do believe gift giving year round and not just on Christmas is epitome of Christ.
It also gets men away from a character of greediness not.
give and it shall be given
and that just doesn't apply with $$$
GA to you buck.
I agree with you 100%

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1482 May 11, 2013
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, try to show them that hellfire Jesus loves you bit.
Or try to show the cult love:

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep 1 p.19

Another line from the evil and wicked cult:

"There are billions of people who do not know Jehovah. Many of them in ignorance practice things that God's Word shows to be wicked. If they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation." Watchtower 1993 Oct 1 p.19

If you are not a member of Satan's cult:

"Yes, the destruction of the gross sinners in those cities was eternal, as will be the destruction of the wicked at the end of the present system of things." Watchtower 1990 Apr 15 p.20

"The majority of people living today will probably be alive when Armageddon breaks out, and there are no resurrection hopes for those that are destroyed then." Kingdom Ministry 1968 Mar p.4

The best part, being in the evil and wicked cult of jehovah's witnesses is ESSENTIAL for salvation, a total LIE!

"They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovahs organization is essential to their salvation." Kingdom Ministry 1990 Nov p.1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1483 May 11, 2013
Snorkler wrote:
<quoted text>It is no lie that Father Xmas has a cult like following ,it is no lie that many peoples world wide paticipate in this Xmas Spirit festivities ,you yourself do , not so ?
Father Christmas, Jehovah, and the Easter Bunny are all the same, fake and fabricated.

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1484 May 11, 2013
buck wrote:
<quoted text>
oh wtg Karen with a great reply :)
So you and Karen feel that Jehovah was unloving when he brought the flood in Noah's Day to cleanse the earth of wickedness and give it a new start?

(2 Peter 3:5-7)

5 For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God;

6 and by those [means] the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water.

7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.

(2 Peter 2:5-10)

5 and he did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a deluge upon a world of ungodly people;

6 and by reducing the cities Sod&#8242;om and Go&#8231;mor&#8242;rah to ashes he condemned them, setting a pattern for ungodly persons of things to come;

7 and he delivered righteous Lot, who was greatly distressed by the indulgence of the law-defying people in loose conduct—

8 for that righteous man by what he saw and heard while dwelling among them from day to day was tormenting his righteous soul by reason of their lawless deeds—

9 Jehovah knows how to deliver people of godly devotion out of trial, but to reserve unrighteous people for the day of judgment to be cut off,

10 especially, however, those who go on after flesh with the desire to defile [it] and who look down on lordship.. . .
dee lightful

Easley, SC

#1485 May 11, 2013
Iehouah Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
Father Christmas, Jehovah, and the Easter Bunny are all the same, fake and fabricated.
The only ones who believe in the fairy tales are young children who soon grow up and know they are false except the JW's who still believe in fairy tales, who can't tell the difference between truth and fiction. JW's are still children led by men who tell tales.
dee lightful

Easley, SC

#1486 May 11, 2013
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you and Karen feel that Jehovah was unloving when he brought the flood in Noah's Day to cleanse the earth of wickedness and give it a new start?
(2 Peter 3:5-7)
5 For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God;
6 and by those [means] the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water.
7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.
(2 Peter 2:5-10)
5 and he did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a deluge upon a world of ungodly people;
6 and by reducing the cities Sod&#8242;om and Go&#8231;mor&#8242;rah to ashes he condemned them, setting a pattern for ungodly persons of things to come;
7 and he delivered righteous Lot, who was greatly distressed by the indulgence of the law-defying people in loose conduct—
8 for that righteous man by what he saw and heard while dwelling among them from day to day was tormenting his righteous soul by reason of their lawless deeds—
9 Jehovah knows how to deliver people of godly devotion out of trial, but to reserve unrighteous people for the day of judgment to be cut off,
10 especially, however, those who go on after flesh with the desire to defile [it] and who look down on lordship.. . .
You say it yourself but do not believe what is written. You are blinded by WT rhetoric.
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#1487 May 11, 2013
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text>The only ones who believe in the fairy tales are young children who soon grow up and know they are false except the JW's who still believe in fairy tales, who can't tell the difference between truth and fiction. JW's are still children led by men who tell tales.
Well, that is why Jehovah's Witnesses are the least educated sect.
You have to be either pretty stupid or mentally ill to believe the fairy tales the wBTS tells.
Yeah, some "paradise" where ONLY people who agree to sell all their assets to the WBTS and spend 10 hours a month selling propaganda FOR the WBTS get to live forever!
The Brothers Grimm never told such a nonsensical story.

A sucker is born every minute, and the wBTS is there to fleece them!!
WaitingandWonder ing

Covington, GA

#1488 May 11, 2013
hMMMMMM wrote:
Her story covers two most troubling aspects of the religion she calls the “Jo-Ho’s”– shunning and the harm it can cause and, more disturbing still, persistent allegations of sexual abuse and even paedophilia by church elders and members.
Victoria’s current state inquiry into how churches handle child sex abuse has submissions from former Jehovah’s Witnesses.
One includes allegations from four states including rape, sexual assault, blackmail and death threats. There will also be a national royal commission.
“I don’t need an apology from them,” says Taylor,“and I don’t need their love or forgiveness.”
She has started an arts degree in anthropology. Education is discouraged within the sect.“It is my final victory over them,” she says.“It is a giant f— you.”
Taylor says she grew up in a dysfunctional family and was sexually abused as a child by a teenage boy who was not a Jehovah’s Witness. This was in remote South Australia. She says her mother, a devout but erratic Witness – she never knew her father – was also abused as a child and nothing was done or reported, so the pattern continued.
The church’s rule for dealing with complaints or suspicions of sexual abuse is that generally there must be two witnesses. The Jehovah’s Witnesses consider they are the only ones who know the truth, or “The Truth”; they are suspicious of government, police and media when it conflicts with their doctrine.
British sociologist and author Andrew Holden, who has written books on the religion’s culture, calls this a “world-renouncing” approach. Members are not allowed to vote, celebrate Christmas or birthdays, get blood transfusions, sing the national anthem or salute a flag.
But, also, if a member or an elder hears of illegal behaviour, such as abuse or violence, it is usually kept internal.“To protect Jehovah’s name,” says an insider.
Hey hMMMMMM, the FACT that you are a Sex adict and use Forums to express your sexual Fantasies and Sexual Preferences in the context of your Sexual Addictions is (probably not in your case) fixable.

Two important clues that can facilitate understanding of the cause of a sexual addiction are (1) understanding what is behind one's most prominent sexual fantasy, and (2) understanding what one's sexual preference is about - the most preferred type of sex and/or most preferred type of sexual partner. These two factors are often big clues in a sex addiction, which help to "solve the case". In other words, looking at your main sexual fantasy and your preferred type of sex and/or sexual partner are both ways to understand why and how the sex addiction developed and what it is about psychologically. Once you know where the sex addiction came from and what it is about, you're in a much better position to fix it.
WaitingandWonder ing

Covington, GA

#1489 May 11, 2013
hMMMMMM wrote:
NiTaylor says in her teens she was again sexually assaulted, this time by a devout Witness. Nothing was ever reported to police. Taylor says she stayed with the church because she had low self-esteem and the Jehovah’s Witnesses offered her some hope:“the illusion of a better life,” she says.“I didn’t want to break Jehovah’s heart.”
She began caring for her ill mother, was baptised as a Witness and doorknocked every day to fulfil a quota set for her of 90 hours a month. Doorknocking, also known as “pioneering” or “publishing”, is the recruitment front line; most Australians have answered their door to a pair of Witnesses offering The Watchtower or Awake! magazines.
By the age of 18, Taylor, a smart and feisty young woman, had begun working as a South Australian advocate for Young Carers Australia and had contributed to policy developed by senator Amanda Vanstone, the then Minister for Family and Community Services. Taylor was also offered work experience and training as a journalist with ABC radio in Renmark. But she says “pressure and hatred” from her fellow Witnesses, and suspicion of her being too educated or upwardly mobile, forced her to turn down the offers in order to stay door-to-door preaching. She got a part-time job cleaning toilets instead.
The Jehovah’s Witnesses are puritanical Christians who think they have God’s messages to themselves. Only they are “in the Truth”. They have 8 million members worldwide and 64,000 in Australia, in 800 “congregations” or parishes located in “Kingdom Halls”.
The religion’s proper name is the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. It was founded by American draper Charles Russell in 1872. They believe in the end of the world and also the paradise beyond and have predicted five times that Christ would come again to signal it. The last time this happened was 1975. More than 1 million devotees abandoned them in the following six years. In America the Jehovah’s Witness have the lowest retention rate of all religions.
Hey hMMMMMM, the FACT that you are a Sex adict and use Forums to express your sexual Fantasies and Sexual Preferences in the context of your Sexual Addictions is (probably not in your case) fixable.

Two important clues that can facilitate understanding of the cause of a sexual addiction are (1) understanding what is behind one's most prominent sexual fantasy, and (2) understanding what one's sexual preference is about - the most preferred type of sex and/or most preferred type of sexual partner. These two factors are often big clues in a sex addiction, which help to "solve the case". In other words, looking at your main sexual fantasy and your preferred type of sex and/or sexual partner are both ways to understand why and how the sex addiction developed and what it is about psychologically. Once you know where the sex addiction came from and what it is about, you're in a much better position to fix it.
WaitingandWonder ing

Covington, GA

#1490 May 11, 2013
hMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that is why Jehovah's Witnesses are the least educated sect.
You have to be either pretty stupid or mentally ill to believe the fairy tales the wBTS tells.
Yeah, some "paradise" where ONLY people who agree to sell all their assets to the WBTS and spend 10 hours a month selling propaganda FOR the WBTS get to live forever!
The Brothers Grimm never told such a nonsensical story.
A sucker is born every minute, and the wBTS is there to fleece them!!
"Well, that is why Jehovah's Witnesses are the least educated sect.
You have to be either pretty stupid or mentally ill to believe the fairy tales the wBTS tells."

Please, prove to us your "credentials of education". I think that most people want to be fair? Yes? No?

“Close enough”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1491 May 11, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor poor miseracord, you just cant get this out of your mind can you?
Now again, tell me how Jehovah is going to destroy 99% of the world, even those who have loved him, and his son totally, never committed a crime in their lives, lived the best that they could according to his laws, and prayed all day everyday of their lives, just because they are not a JW. THAT is cruelty in the highest form. The words of the bible are not my words, but the words of God, I would think that you would be scared to question his words.
God does not want any of us to go to the lake of fire, he wants us all to live forever, but if we fail to do as he has told us in his word the bible, failed to believe in his Son that he sent to die for us, then we MUST pay the price for disobedience. It is our choice to believe or not. We decide if we live or die.
And you still have not addressed what part of the anointed go to be with Jehovah in the twinkling of an eye when they die.
Do you believe that the majority of mankind drowned in the flood of Noah's time? How about even if only 100 died in that flood? Would it make it any better? They didn't keep drowning, by the way. They drowned, and that was it for them -- no longer on the earth.
dee lightful

Easley, SC

#1492 May 11, 2013
WaitingandWondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be either pretty stupid or mentally ill to believe the fairy tales the wBTS tells."
Please, prove to us your "credentials of education". I think that most people want to be fair? Yes? No?
No brains needed nor wanted to be a JW. It is easier to fool the uneducated to follow men who say they are necessary for salvation whereas an educated person can read, in context, and know them for the liars they are. They can see right through the scam of free labor for a publishing company using peoples' everlasting lives for the ego inflating lies of men.

Watchtower 2011 Jun 15 p.6
"But there is danger in encouraging them to take up a life style centered on education and financial security instead of true worship.... Plans for a life that subordinates spirituality to worldly goals can snuff out a young person’s desire to serve God."
Why can't you do both at the same time?
Watchtower 2011 Nov 15 p.19
“Vigilant Christians refrain from using the world to the full with regard to higher education. Many people in this world consider higher education an indispensable stepping-stone to prestige and an affluent life. But we Christians live as temporary residents and pursue different goals. We avoid “minding lofty things.”(Rom. 12:16; Jer. 45:5) Since we are Jesus’ followers, we heed his warning:“Keep your eyes open and guard against every sort of covetousness, be- cause even when a person has an abundance his life does not result from the things he possesses.”(Luke 12:15) Consequently, young Christians are encouraged to pursue spiritual goals, getting only as much education as is required to meet their basic needs while focusing on preparing themselves to serve Jehovah ‘with their whole heart, soul, strength, and mind.’(Luke 10:27) By doing so, they can become “rich toward God.””
Watchtower 2011 Jun 15 p.31
"Higher education: Jesus warned against ‘seeking your own glory.’(John 7:18) Whatever you decide as to how much secular education you will obtain, have you ‘made sure of the more important things’?—Phil. 1:9,10. Grzegorz, the computer programmer, made some changes in his life. He said:“Taking seriously the advice of the elders, I simplified my life. I realized that I did not need to further my secular education. That would only rob me of time and energy.” Grzegorz got more involved in congregation activities. In time, he graduated from what is now called the Bible School for Single Brothers. Yes, he ‘bought out the time’ to further his divine education.
Watchtower 2006 Apr 15 p.27
"Do you not agree that to continue enjoying divine blessings, we must resist seeking things for ourselves at the expense of Jehovah's worship? That is so whether the activity or interest diverting our attention is the pursuit of wealth, get-rich-quick schemes, ambitious plans for advanced education to have a desirable career in this system, or programs of personal fulfilment."
Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15
"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"
. Look at that 54 yrs ago and there was no time to secure an education and serve God with truth and intelligence.
dee lightful

Easley, SC

#1493 May 11, 2013
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that the majority of mankind drowned in the flood of Noah's time? How about even if only 100 died in that flood? Would it make it any better? They didn't keep drowning, by the way. They drowned, and that was it for them -- no longer on the earth.
But it was not the end was it. Judgement day is still to come.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#1494 May 11, 2013
Great post, WW. You have her number all way around.
WaitingandWondering wrote:
<quoted text>
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#1495 May 11, 2013
Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life
/
U.S. Religious Landscape Survey
Educational Level by Religious Tradition
Less than High School Some College
High School Grad College Graduate Post-graduate N
%%%%%
Total Population 14 36 23 16 11 35,298
Total Protestants 14 38 24 15 9 18,825
Members of Evangelical Prot. Churches 16 40 24 13 7 9,411
Members of Mainline Protestant Churches 9 34 24 20 14 7,429
Members of Hist. Black Prot. Churches 19 40 25 11 5 1,985
Catholic 17 36 21 16 10 7,990
Mormon 9 30 32 18 10 578
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 8 30 33 18 10 555
Jehovah’s Witness 19 51 22 6 3 211
Orthodox 6 26 22 28 18 362
Greek Orthodox 2 33 21 25 18 168
Other Christian 12 22 27 20 20 129
Jewish 3 19 19 24 35 676
Reform 1 17 17 31 35 315
Conservative 4 18 21 23 35 218
Muslim* 21 32 23 14 10 1,031
Buddhist 3 23 26 22 26 408
Hindu 4 12 10 26 48 253
Other Faiths 7 25 28 18 21 448
Unitarian and Other Liberal Faiths 3 16 30 22 29 296
New Age 13 38 25 13 11 118
Unaffiliated 13 34 24 16 13 5,009
Atheist 8 28 23 21 21 509
Agnostic 5 22 29 23 20 825
Secular Unaffiliated 10 35 24 17 13 1,995
Religious Unaffiliated 21 40 22 11 6 1,680

PewForumdotcom
Snorkler

Johannesburg, South Africa

#1497 May 12, 2013
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,883
David James: Even on our streets we are citizen... 3 hr Dan 1
Pope chooses a moderate for Chicago archbishop 7 hr Belle Sexton 2
Efforts underway to change GOP on gay marriage 7 hr Currywurst 4
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 7 hr Grau 49
Southern Governor Fights Same-Sex Marriage - An... 7 hr Buford 4
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 10 hr GUMP locator 15
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE