Slamming the door on Jehovah Witness Cult et al.

She is an apostate, which sounds like a strange disease, and in many ways it is.

Full Story
buck

AOL

#2948 Dec 23, 2013
no one has come in since my last post :(
I really enjoy Christmas and all the music associated with the holiday.
When I hear Christmas for Cowboys by John Denver I remember you and your horses, Redhorse woman :).
and Karen, since you have the same first name as Karen Carpenter :)
the classic "Merry Christmas Darling" it's a beautiful song isnt' it.
and for my buddy up in Canada :D ( what' s his name again LOL)
another John Denver song "Rocky Mountain Suite aka Cold Nights in Canada :).
ps. and to the rest I say Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas :)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2949 Dec 23, 2013
Bucky!!

Your friend from Canada is doing fine!

Snapped my collar bone going too low on the shoulder press.. But in good spirits, still lifting a d running two jobs!

How are you doing?!
buck wrote:
When I hear Christmas for Cowboys by John Denver I remember you and your horses, Redhorse woman :).

Location hidden

#2950 Dec 23, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
HI buck, was wondering what happened to you. I hope things are going well for you and your family. Don't be a stranger here.
And hello to you Open Minded Bible Student, I hope things are going well with you as well.:)
Hello Karen! I'm doing good! How are you?:-)
buck

AOL

#2951 Dec 24, 2013
I wonder if my friend from Canada has won the lottery LOL LOL
oooo and a big OW! collar bone oh snap OW!
sorry to hear buddy, take it easy, really TAKE IT EASY,
Your're young, you can get back on the saddle in no time, but you gotta take care you ye self :)
Redhorse woman can help you up in the saddle ha ha
you will be ok in the long run , in the meantime, enjoy the holiday!
ps. I hope Santa got your letter hehehe

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#2952 Dec 24, 2013
buck wrote:
You are such a sweet person buck, even though I do not celebrate, I do hope you and your family have a wonderful time together. Lets remember this, Jesus was born to be the savior of all mankind, lets remember that this time of year. I heard this said and thought it was wonderful, "lets remember its not what is hung on the tree, but WHO hung on the tree". God bless you and your family.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#2953 Dec 24, 2013
Open Minded Bible Student wrote:
Bucky!!
Your friend from Canada is doing fine!
Snapped my collar bone going too low on the shoulder press.. But in good spirits, still lifting a d running two jobs!
How are you doing?!
<quoted text>
Good grief! I thought exercise was supposed to be a healthy thing. This is the second thing you've managed to mess up, isn't it? Please be careful!

Since: Feb 07

RI

#2954 Dec 24, 2013
buck wrote:
Your're young, you can get back on the saddle in no time, but you gotta take care you ye self :)
He can borrow my mounting block.:o)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2955 Dec 24, 2013
Yesbanit wrote:
They were JW and they said that to me, they also believed it.
They also told me that anyone who does not believe in their teachings is going to hell. Do not tell me they didn't say things to me, when they did.... And do not tell e they weren't JW when they were. Its a cult. It's based on fear and brainwashing.
No JW knocked on your door and said those things. No it isn't acult and no they do not use fear and brainwashing. All false statements by you that you cannot prove.

Location hidden

#2956 Dec 24, 2013
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
No JW knocked on your door and said those things. No it isn't acult and no they do not use fear and brainwashing. All false statements by you that you cannot prove.
I can prove they use fear and brainwashing. It took me over 10 years to pull free from them. It was because of the fear of losing my family and friends. Also it took me years to feel safe enough to walk into another church. That was due to the brainwashing that demons would jump on me and dragged me down. JW's definitely use fear, and brainwashing to keep their members inside, and many other cults do the same thing. You are demanded to believe what the GB aka F&DS teaches, or you cant have a relationship with Jehovah, that is blackmail. You are demanded to believe what they teach are you will be DFed, that is blackmail. You are demanded to believe them, or you will not be saved, that is blackmail. The bible tells us not to believe the words of men, but to believe in the words of GOD. The words of God have never told us that we have to believe what MEN tell us.

When Peter ask God about building three tabernacles for Him Moses, and one for Elijah, God answered and said...

"This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!" (Matt. 17:5)

He told him to listen to JESUS. We are to listen to Jesus, over anyone else because no one has the name or title as high as Jesus, the beloved son of God the Father; therefore, we are not to listen to anyone else over against Jesus himself. And that includes the GB aka F&DS.

Here are Jesus words to the Jews...

"If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free" (Jn. 8:31-32).

Those words still are true today,we are to be disciples of Jesus ,not of men

Location hidden

#2957 Dec 24, 2013
It is!

Lifting heavy and going too low has its repercussions though! I'm fine now.. Had to do a bit of stretching..

Yeah it's the 2nd thing I messed up on.. 1st is my knees from squatting and this time it's my collar bone..:$

I'll try and be a little more careful!:-)
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief! I thought exercise was supposed to be a healthy thing. This is the second thing you've managed to mess up, isn't it? Please be careful!

Location hidden

#2958 Dec 24, 2013
I wish!!! If I won the lottery I'd be in school and get myself a decent vehicle! The other half would go to charity!:-)

Yeah... I'm still slugging away at the gym and at work..
buck wrote:

Location hidden

#2959 Dec 24, 2013
:-D
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
He can borrow my mounting block.:o)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2960 Dec 24, 2013
Open Minded Bible Student wrote:
It is!
Lifting heavy and going too low has its repercussions though! I'm fine now.. Had to do a bit of stretching..
Yeah it's the 2nd thing I messed up on.. 1st is my knees from squatting and this time it's my collar bone..:$
I'll try and be a little more careful!:-)
<quoted text>
Hey OP,

What's up, man?. Good to see you. Truly.

I hope all is well with your way.

==========

Most bodybuilders and athletic individuals sustain some sort of injuries. It's just part of the territory, man.

Take care and Peace and blessings to you

El Caicique

Location hidden

#2961 Dec 24, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
I can prove they use fear and brainwashing. It took me over 10 years to pull free from them. It was because of the fear of losing my family and friends. Also it took me years to feel safe enough to walk into another church. That was due to the brainwashing that demons would jump on me and dragged me down. JW's definitely use fear, and brainwashing to keep their members inside, and many other cults do the same thing. You are demanded to believe what the GB aka F&DS teaches, or you cant have a relationship with Jehovah, that is blackmail. You are demanded to believe what they teach are you will be DFed, that is blackmail. You are demanded to believe them, or you will not be saved, that is blackmail. The bible tells us not to believe the words of men, but to believe in the words of GOD. The words of God have never told us that we have to believe what MEN tell us.
When Peter ask God about building three tabernacles for Him Moses, and one for Elijah, God answered and said...
"This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!" (Matt. 17:5)
He told him to listen to JESUS. We are to listen to Jesus, over anyone else because no one has the name or title as high as Jesus, the beloved son of God the Father; therefore, we are not to listen to anyone else over against Jesus himself. And that includes the GB aka F&DS.
"If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free" (Jn. 8:31-32).
You seem very confused---- The only ones who see it as fear and brainwashing are the FAKE JW,s--- A real JW listens and accepts with the use of their free will. These statements are fact.

Location hidden

#2962 Dec 24, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is it their isn't another religion on the planet that does listen to Jesus besides the JW,s?

Jesus own truth teaches he has a God-John 20:17, rev 3:12--liars teach he is God--who is telling truth? Who do you believe?

Location hidden

#2963 Dec 24, 2013
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem very confused---- The only ones who see it as fear and brainwashing are the FAKE JW,s--- A real JW listens and accepts with the use of their free will. These statements are fact.
Sorry kjw51 that you cant see the forest for the trees. I was very confused while a JW, but when I started questioning some of their teachings, and went to the Lord with these questions is when I started to come out of my confusion. I knocked on the door and Jesus opened it to me. Iprayed for him to show me the truth, and he did. The people who are JWs are very brainwashed, the same as if they had been in a concentration camp being brainwashed. They believe everything he GB aka F&DS tells them as truth, without question, just as you do. You have no free will, try questioning one of the teachings of the GB and see how far that free will gets you. I found Jesus, thats all I did, I put Jesus teachings before those of the GB and now they will turn their backs on me wherever they see me. I did not commit any crime, adultery, murder, start smoking, I never even caused any division in the KH. All I did was learn of the truth of Jehovah. Where is my free will? The statements are truth, and the sooner you find them, the sooner you will find Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#2964 Dec 24, 2013
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is it their isn't another religion on the planet that does listen to Jesus besides the JW,s?
Jesus own truth teaches he has a God-John 20:17, rev 3:12--liars teach he is God--who is telling truth? Who do you believe?
Do you know for a fact that Jesus is not God? Have you actually met him and ask him? What makes you think that other religions do not listen to Jesus? My religion most certainly does listen to him. Jw's are not listening to Jesus, they are listening to the GB aka F&DS as his go between. Read the following words, REALLY READ THEM....

''The Faithful Slave is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers at this time of the end. It is vital that we recognize the Faithful Slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel. Matt 4:4; John 17:3.
Watchtower July 15, 2013, page 20, paragraph

The other sheep should never forget that their salvation depends on their active support of Christ’s anointed brothers still on earth.
Watchtower March 15, 2012, page 20, paragraph 2.

Through the new covenant, Jehovah makes blessings available to many by means of a few. Those in the covenant are few, 144,000 Through them,(FDS class, now the Governing Body), millions from all nations will be blessed with everlasting life on an earthly paradise……
Watchtower March 1st, 2012, page 17, section 3.

We need to obey the Faithful and Discreet Slave to have Jehovah’s approval.
Watchtower July 15, 2011, page 24.

Among those “gifts in men” are the members of the Governing Body, who act in a representative way for the entire Christian congregation,(Acts 15: 2, 6). In fact, our attitude towards Christ’s spiritual brothers is a major factor that will determine how we will be judged in the coming great tribulation,(Matt 25:34-40). Thus one aspect of the way we gain a blessing is by giving our loyal support to God’s anointed ones.
Watchtower December 15, 2010, page 20, paragrap19.

The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their leader Christ.
Watchtower September 15, 2010, page 23, paragraph 8.

Watchtower September 15, 2010, page 13, paragraph 8.
We cannot hope to acquire a good relationship with Jehovah if we ignore those whom Jesus has appointed to care for his belongings. Without the assistance of the “faithful and discreet slave”(now an 8 man Governing Body), we would neither understand the full import of what we read in God’s Word nor know how to apply it.(Matt 24:45-47).
Watchtower September 15, 2010. page 8, paragraph 7.

They are telling you to follow them, not Jesus They are telling you that if it wasn't for them, you could never understand the bible. They are telling you that if you don't support them, you cant even have a relationship with Jehovah. They are telling you that if it wasn't for them, you would not have eternal life. kjw51, we only need Jesus to gain eternal life, the bible tells us that JESUS is the ONLY WAY. There is not other way to get to Jehovah than through JESUS. Please read the bible and see that what they are telling you is not true, you don't need them to get to Jehovah, you don't need them to gain eternal life, but who you do need is JESUS Christ.

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him,“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

It does not mention any other way at all, only through JESUS. So is it the bible that is lying, or someone else?

Location hidden

#2965 Dec 25, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know for a fact that Jesus is not God? Have you actually met him and ask him? What makes you think that other religions do not listen to Jesus? My religion most certainly does listen to him. Jw's are not listening to Jesus, they are listening to the GB aka F&DS as his go between. Read the following words, REALLY READ THEM....
''The Faithful Slave is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers at this time of the end. It is vital that we recognize the Faithful Slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel. Matt 4:4; John 17:3.
Watchtower July 15, 2013, page 20, paragraph
The other sheep should never forget that their salvation depends on their active support of Christ’s anointed brothers still on earth.
Watchtower March 15, 2012, page 20, paragraph 2.
Through the new covenant, Jehovah makes blessings available to many by means of a few. Those in the covenant are few, 144,000 Through them,(FDS class, now the Governing Body), millions from all nations will be blessed with everlasting life on an earthly paradise……
Watchtower March 1st, 2012, page 17, section 3.
We need to obey the Faithful and Discreet Slave to have Jehovah’s approval.
Watchtower July 15, 2011, page 24.
Among those “gifts in men” are the members of the Governing Body, who act in a representative way for the entire Christian congregation,(Acts 15: 2, 6). In fact, our attitude towards Christ’s spiritual brothers is a major factor that will determine how we will be judged in the coming great tribulation,(Matt 25:34-40). Thus one aspect of the way we gain a blessing is by giving our loyal support to God’s anointed ones.
Watchtower December 15, 2010, page 20, paragrap19.
The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their leader Christ.
Watchtower September 15, 2010, page 23, paragraph 8.
Watchtower September 15, 2010, page 13, paragraph 8.
We cannot hope to acquire a good relationship with Jehovah if we ignore those whom Jesus has appointed to care for his belongings. Without the assistance of the “faithful and discreet slave”(now an 8 man Governing Body), we would neither understand the full import of what we read in God’s Word nor know how to apply it.(Matt 24:45-47).
Watchtower September 15, 2010. page 8, paragraph 7.
They are telling you to follow them, not Jesus They are telling you that if it wasn't for them, you could never understand the bible. They are telling you that if you don't support them, you cant even have a relationship with Jehovah. They are telling you that if it wasn't for them, you would not have eternal life. kjw51, we only need Jesus to gain eternal life, the bible tells us that JESUS is the ONLY WAY. There is not other way to get to Jehovah than through JESUS. Please read the bible and see that what they are telling you is not true, you don't need them to get to Jehovah, you don't need them to gain eternal life, but who you do need is JESUS Christ.
John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him,“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
It does not mention any other way at all, only through JESUS. So is it the bible that is lying, or someone else?
No one does come to the Father except through Jesus--- But Gods word also mentions teachers( Gods will) also a narrow gate. so then obviously one must be taught by Jesus' teachers to find the narrow gate. Jesus' teachers teach Jesus' truths like--John 20:17, rev 3:12--Jesus has a God= his Father--- just like we do too.

Location hidden

#2966 Dec 25, 2013
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one does come to the Father except through Jesus--- But Gods word also mentions teachers( Gods will) also a narrow gate. so then obviously one must be taught by Jesus' teachers to find the narrow gate. Jesus' teachers teach Jesus' truths like--John 20:17, rev 3:12--Jesus has a God= his Father--- just like we do too.
Show me from the bible where it says that anyone other than Jesus is going to save me. clearly you can see that the GB aka F&DS thinks that they have a part in your salvation. Did you even read the comments they made? If you had, you could have seen where they take credit for part of your salvation. THEY HAVE NO PART IN IT. Please show me proof that MEN have apart in my salvation.

Of course we need Pastors, Ministers, Deacons and Elders. They help us to gain more knowledge of the bible, but we also can get these study guides to help us...The Nelson Study Bible, the Word in Life Study Bible, or the Life Application Study Bible: New King James Version. Are we can pray to God to help us understand and he will send his Holy Spirit to help us through it. But we always need to make sure that who is giving us knowledge of the bible is really trained in knowing what it means.

Proverbs 2:2-5

Making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

As far narrow is the gate, I have always heard JWs use that one to defend why there are only 7-8 million witnesses, yet 2.1 billion Christians. That narrow gate symbolizes that it is not easy to get to heaven. A narrow gate would require work to get into, we have to work to get right with the Lord. Many claim to do it, but many or only giving lip service. But in the end, you have to remember that Jesus is the ONLY WAY. No religion, no GB aka F&S, no Popes, no Pastors, etc will get us there, ONLY JESUS WILL.

Location hidden

#2967 Dec 25, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me from the bible where it says that anyone other than Jesus is going to save me. clearly you can see that the GB aka F&DS thinks that they have a part in your salvation. Did you even read the comments they made? If you had, you could have seen where they take credit for part of your salvation. THEY HAVE NO PART IN IT. Please show me proof that MEN have apart in my salvation.
Of course we need Pastors, Ministers, Deacons and Elders. They help us to gain more knowledge of the bible, but we also can get these study guides to help us...The Nelson Study Bible, the Word in Life Study Bible, or the Life Application Study Bible: New King James Version. Are we can pray to God to help us understand and he will send his Holy Spirit to help us through it. But we always need to make sure that who is giving us knowledge of the bible is really trained in knowing what it means.
Proverbs 2:2-5
Making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
As far narrow is the gate, I have always heard JWs use that one to defend why there are only 7-8 million witnesses, yet 2.1 billion Christians. That narrow gate symbolizes that it is not easy to get to heaven. A narrow gate would require work to get into, we have to work to get right with the Lord. Many claim to do it, but many or only giving lip service. But in the end, you have to remember that Jesus is the ONLY WAY. No religion, no GB aka F&S, no Popes, no Pastors, etc will get us there, ONLY JESUS WILL.
All through the history of Christian religionssssssssssssssssssssss sss( disunified mass of confusion) they all say--just let the HS guide you to truth--now there are 33,000 different truths---- it doesn't work like that. All of them opened their hearts to God for the answers---something didn't work. Yes these are the ones who give lip service-)---- Jesus' teachers and followers--are unified in love and peace-- worldwide. Learning, teaching, applying Jesus' truths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... 21 min Cordwainer Trout 2
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 39 min lapel streams 142
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 4 hr Snorkel 395
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 5 hr DebraE 277
GOP hopefuls weigh in on gay marriage 6 hr NorCal Native 45
Same-Sex Marriage Trumps Religious Liberty in N... (Aug '13) 6 hr Willothewisp 935
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 hr Chris Toal 29,069
More from around the web