Slamming the door on Jehovah Witness ...

Slamming the door on Jehovah Witness Cult et al.

There are 2892 comments on the ukiahcommunityblog.wordpress.com story from Mar 16, 2013, titled Slamming the door on Jehovah Witness Cult et al.. In it, ukiahcommunityblog.wordpress.com reports that:

She is an apostate, which sounds like a strange disease, and in many ways it is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ukiahcommunityblog.wordpress.com.

UNchained

Louisville, TN

#2531 Jul 13, 2013
sos wrote:
<quoted text>hey bob
icouldnt help but notice your nastiness and nosiness in topsys affairs.
do you need an attitude adjustment in the form of a sock full of rolled coins?
Topsy hasn't posted since he found out that FH is on the radar scope.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2534 Jul 13, 2013
Mercurius Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty stupid thing to say considering He is the very reason why maths and science exist, as well as the rest of Creation.

A better wording might have been 'Based on what is recorded in the Bible he is poor at math and science'.

The Bible is filled with mathematical and scientific errors but does provide a good peek into what people of that time period believed.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#2535 Jul 13, 2013
UNchained wrote:
The Great White Throne Judgment is a trial, set in the future, for all people who have rejected God's call to salvation. Every person who has lived upon earth and has refused to accept God's way to redemption from sin, will kneel before their Creator at this time, and acknowledge that He is God - that Jesus Christ is Lord.
No person who has not been saved by acceptance of the Lord Jesus' sacrifice on the cross will escape this horrifying judgment against sin. The Lord Jesus foretold of this moment...
Matthew 7:23
"Then I will announce to them,‘I never knew you! Depart from Me, you lawbreakers!’"
Each will then be cast into the Lake of Fire, which will be their place throughout eternity (Mark 9:43-48).
The Great White Throne Judgment is found in the following Scriptures: Revelation 20:11-15
The Bible clearly states that Judgment will follow death...
Hebrews 9:27
And just as it is appointed for people to die once — and after this, judgment—
Our status in the Lord Jesus determines how we will be judged. Immediately following the Rapture, the believer will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ.
2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each may be repaid for what he has done in the body, whether good or bad.
There, the resurrected saints will receive rewards for the good works they performed while on earth. But, this is far different from what will happen to the unbeliever, who will appear before the Great White Throne Judgment at the end of the Millennium.
The Great White Throne Judgment is NOT for Christians. It is only for those who refuse to accept the Lord Jesus Christ in this earthly life. To avoid this judgment, all one must do is repent and believe in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and invite Him to become his or her Lord and Savior.
Romans 8:1 says:
Therefore, no condemnation now exists for those in Christ Jesus
Those who refuse the free gift wrought by the Lamb of God, will find that "It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God!" (Hebrews 10:31).
As the textat Revelation 20:12-15 makes plain, The Great White Throne is the final judgment.
As the righteous have already been judged, this judgment relates to the wicked.
It is the final resurrection in contrast to the first resurrection, which had to do with the righteous...
Daniel 12:2 says:
Many of those who sleep in the dust
of the earth will awake,
some to eternal life,
and some to shame and eternal contempt
John 5:29 says:
and come out — those who have done good things, to the resurrection of life, but those who have done wicked things, to the resurrection of judgment.
Acts 24:15 says:
And I have a hope in God, which these men themselves also accept, that there is going to be a resurrection, both of the righteous and the unrighteous.
Salvation is not the issue, for those in this judgment are described as dead, meaning they are spiritually dead. They have no saving relationship with God and hence, no mediator (1 Timothy 2:5).
Those standing before the Throne come from all walks of life but are now being judged on the basis of their works. The judgment is based on what occurs in the books which record their works and whether their names are in the Book of Life.
The Book of Life contains the names of God's chosen. They will experience no condemnation nor judgment. They are not among the dead, for they are alive (John 6:50-51).
After the unsaved are judged, another Book is opened, The Book of Life. The New Testament refers to this Book eight times, while three times the Old Testament mentions a Book in which names are written.
Revelation 20:15 says:
And anyone not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
The lake of fire is a punishment of everlasting torment prepared for Satan, his angels and all who refuse the gift of eternal life through the Lord Jesus.

Revelation was a history book not a prophetic book.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#2536 Jul 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Men are no better than women but this isn't how the Bible tells it.
1 Timothy 2:11
Let women learn in silence with all subjection
1 Timothy 2:12
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence
Why does the Bible say this?
Well, the reasoning is provided in the next few lines and once again, it does no favours to women...
1 Timothy 2:13-15
For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.
So there you have it. Blame women - but not the man. Furthermore, faith and belief aren't enough for women to be saved as it's clear from this that they also need to have babies.
What else have we got? Well, there's always......
1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Once again we see women being put in their place at the bottom of the pecking order. It seems that there's as much difference between Christ and man as there is between man and woman.
1 Corinthians 11:4-9
Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
Woman was created for man? Who was man created for then? This is just more nonsense that divides men from women and provides divine justification for men to treat women less favourably.
Ephisians 5:22-24
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
God's liberty for women involves submitting to men in every thing. What a nightmare for the female species!
What else have we got?
I don't know where it is but I'm sure no less a person than Jesus himself tells us that men can divorce their wives but women can't divorce their husbands. How much pain and suffering has been caused to women by this twisted and insane logic?
Of course, the New Testament wasn't the single bastion of stupidity and sexism. Time to check out the Old Testament...
Leviticus 12:2
Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.
Contrast that with...
Leviticus 12:5
But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.
Blatant and direct sex discrimination. Once again we see divine sanction for treating women less favourably than men.
There are numerous other scriptures that place women at a disadvantage. Let's face it, for women with low self-esteem who wish to do exactly what their men folk tell them to...the Bible is for them.

Interestingly, Eve was actually Adam's second wife. That part was edited out of the Torah long ago but still exists in other ancient Jewish documents and traditions.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#2537 Jul 13, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
As a JW for 40 plus years, I know for a fact that you preach a false gospel. I know for a fact that your GB aka F&DS ask for money all the time. I know for a fact that they have false doctrines, especially the one that says they are a chosen men who give you proper food at the proper time. If it is so proper, why does it spoil so often? The only truth is with JESUS CHRIST. You are pointing people to a religion, JESUS WANTS US TO COME TO HIM! That along should show people how blind you are to the truth of JESUS. The bible says,
John 14:6
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me
Do you really see anywhere in the scripture that says, no one comes to the Father except through a GB aka F&DS, or a religion, or a organization? It says, EXCEPT THROUGH ME....JESUS CHRIST!!!
Stop putting the organization, aka GB aka F&DS, aka religion of JWs before JESUS CHRIST. It is going to cost you your soul.

I am sorry to hear you were subjected to the JW cult for so long. That must have been hard for you.

Welcome to freedom!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#2539 Jul 13, 2013
jws are always right wrote:
<quoted text>you horrid apostate.

Thank you!
Southyboy

Plymouth, MA

#2540 Jul 13, 2013
What a Load of Bull-Shit Going on Here!
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#2541 Jul 13, 2013
Southyboy wrote:
What a Load of Bull-Shit Going on Here!
You can always go to Paradise Cafe or read the latest Watchtower magazine if you have issues with the editorial comments on this site.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#2545 Jul 14, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that there are.
I guess the problem is that you're sure you've got it right and they've got it wrong.

While each of those cults are thinking that they're right and everyone else is wrong.

Well, it's safe to say that they can't all be right but they sure as heck can all be wrong.

Watford, UK

#2546 Jul 14, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Interestingly, Eve was actually Adam's second wife. That part was edited out of the Torah long ago but still exists in other ancient Jewish documents and traditions.
Ah yes, I've heard about Lilith.

I guess she doesn't fit in with the Adam and Eve myth as told in the Bible.

Watford, UK

#2547 Jul 14, 2013
Mercurius Maximus wrote:
It all sounds good to me. I don't know what your problem is.
Actually I do. You're a run-of-the-mill lemming who has bought into all of todays false ideologies, all of which come from Zionist-jews and communists.
Does this sound good to you as well?

"Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death"

"You should not let a sorceress live."

"Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death."

"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death."

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst."
Mercurius Maximus wrote:
You live in the realm of fantasy.
That's a bit rich coming from someone who believes in a talking snake and donkey.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#2549 Jul 14, 2013
To think all a person has to have Jehovah God's approval and to be happy and content is serve Jehovah God's heavenly Kingdom as obedient children, as Jesus did, and he even showed people how to do it. What a shame that so many people today are just a waste of human flesh, waiting to be eradicated off this planet at Armageddon, soon to be here.

It is the person who has deliberately left Jehovah's visible earthly congregation or family, that person has tread on the blood of Jesus according to the Bible.
Hebrews 10:26,27
potterman

Pittsburgh, PA

#2550 Jul 14, 2013
youtube.com/watch... … Break Some Noses

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#2551 Jul 14, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
To think all a person has to have Jehovah God's approval and to be happy and content is serve Jehovah God's heavenly Kingdom as obedient children, as Jesus did, and he even showed people how to do it. What a shame that so many people today are just a waste of human flesh, waiting to be eradicated off this planet at Armageddon, soon to be here.
It is the person who has deliberately left Jehovah's visible earthly congregation or family, that person has tread on the blood of Jesus according to the Bible.
You have to be a fairly new witnesses.

What is a shame is that you cant show me one verse from the bible stating that we must be of one religion, or belong to any organization to be saved. Cant you see that your religion teaches that YOU MUST BE A JW to be saved? Cant you see that that is not biblical but man made? There is only one way to be saved, and that is by JESUS CHRIST. Jehovah sent his son to be our savior, he gave him all authority over us and earth and heaven. It is not something that can be found in the name of a religion, organization, GB aka F&DS, but only in belief in JESUS CHRIST.

Armageddon is coming sooner than many think, IMHO, and we all need to examine carefully what we believe. Is it really from the bible or from men? If you cant find it in the bible, then it is from men.

Every time you attend the Memorial and allow the bread and wine to pass you by, you are refusing Jesus as your Savior and showing your lack of appreciation for what he did for you.

No one is a waste of human flesh to the Lord, he wants everyone to come to him before it is to late, why do you think its taking so long for his return? He is giving everyone a chance to come to him, he know who that last person will be, and when that person accepts him as his Savior, it will then be to late to come to him. Don't let men take that from you, believe the bible instead of men.

Watford, UK

#2552 Jul 14, 2013
SouthWesterner wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that still applies. God made a new covenant with the coming of his Son.
I see.

Have the Ten Commandments also fallen by the wayside?

Is it OK for us to steal and kill?

Watford, UK

#2554 Jul 14, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
When is this Armageddon going to take place?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#2555 Jul 14, 2013
SouthWesterner wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually read your bible properly you will notice that only Israel is saved by Christ. And when I say Israel I mean the Twelve Tribes of Israel who today are the White Race.
Christ said "I come not but to the lost sheep of Israel."
Not true.:)
buck

AOL

#2557 Jul 14, 2013
and here I thought we were having some peace aside from arguing JWs :(
if the JWs want to force me to reinstate
slamming doors to them, well they're gonna have to take my hand and glue it to the door handle and slam the door LOL
btw Jesus died for all not just Israel
hey Karen thanks for setting southwestern
straight :-)
the thing is you can't be part of a church or organization if you're not gonna go all the way with them in their set of beliefs etc.
I mean, you either are a JW or you're not. no one gets baptized half way lol
& if you profess to be a JW that means you will stand by and watch someone you love die away that only needed some blood to live. You will not give thanks to God on Thanksgiving when most of the world is doing so :(. You will not celebrate Christ's birth. You will not set aside your selfishness to give a little, they always collect toys for tots at Christmas, IS THIS SO WRONG!
but above all, what I want to know is these JWs that do not and will not celebrate holidays,(that have become a true American tradition), I want to know how many JWs accept being paid for the holiday they do not celebrate? If you accept the paid holiday you're living a double standard, that's a hypocrite!
Celebrating a holiday is no different than celebrating a birthday, either way it's a celebration not.
yeah food for thought :-)
buck

AOL

#2558 Jul 14, 2013
oh yeah btw, I haven't been on a few days we had storms that interupted our services :(. yeah I'm back now :-) I sure hope that's something to celebrate
LOL LOL
I'm going to the beach :) in a couple weeks what's everyone else up to? ttyl
buck

AOL

#2559 Jul 14, 2013
btw I haven't read anywhere in the Bible that, God will send someone to hell for taking the time to celebrate Jesus' birth. Didn't they celebrate the day he was born and bring him gifts.
I think about all those wonderful Christmas songs that tell of it all.
People want to point their finger at it all, and how often during the year are the accusers actually celebrating Jesus' birth? How often do they sing songs of celebration in honor of Jesus' birth?
Do you actually think that God turns his ear away from all the beautiful songs during the Christmas season? NOT!
It's a pity that children are kept from singing Christmas songs & most probably even knowing Christmas songs.
and blessed are the children, for theirs is the kingdom heaven :-)(Matthew 19:14)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 16 hr seoshon 184
News Ex-speaker Andrew Scheer announces Conservative... 18 hr KellyLeech Transg... 1
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) Wed Herbert Walker 32
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) Tue Here is what I 36,041
News 4 responses to Tim Kaine's claims about Genesis... Sep 26 Trump s Birtherex... 3
News Woman breaks up with fiance 3 weeks before wedd... Sep 26 andet1987 6
News Molly Olson: Change Minnesota law to support 'e... (Feb '11) Sep 25 QBY 26
More from around the web