Slamming the door on Jehovah Witness Cult et al.

Mar 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ukiahcommunityblog.wordpress.com

She is an apostate, which sounds like a strange disease, and in many ways it is.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of2,890
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Her story covers two most troubling aspects of the religion she calls the “Jo-Ho’s”– shunning and the harm it can cause and, more disturbing still, persistent allegations of sexual abuse and even paedophilia by church elders and members.

Victoria’s current state inquiry into how churches handle child sex abuse has submissions from former Jehovah’s Witnesses.

One includes allegations from four states including rape, sexual assault, blackmail and death threats. There will also be a national royal commission.

“I don’t need an apology from them,” says Taylor,“and I don’t need their love or forgiveness.”

She has started an arts degree in anthropology. Education is discouraged within the sect.“It is my final victory over them,” she says.“It is a giant f— you.”

Taylor says she grew up in a dysfunctional family and was sexually abused as a child by a teenage boy who was not a Jehovah’s Witness. This was in remote South Australia. She says her mother, a devout but erratic Witness – she never knew her father – was also abused as a child and nothing was done or reported, so the pattern continued.

The church’s rule for dealing with complaints or suspicions of sexual abuse is that generally there must be two witnesses. The Jehovah’s Witnesses consider they are the only ones who know the truth, or “The Truth”; they are suspicious of government, police and media when it conflicts with their doctrine.

British sociologist and author Andrew Holden, who has written books on the religion’s culture, calls this a “world-renouncing” approach. Members are not allowed to vote, celebrate Christmas or birthdays, get blood transfusions, sing the national anthem or salute a flag.

But, also, if a member or an elder hears of illegal behaviour, such as abuse or violence, it is usually kept internal.“To protect Jehovah’s name,” says an insider.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Taylor says in her teens she was again sexually assaulted, this time by a devout Witness. Nothing was ever reported to police. Taylor says she stayed with the church because she had low self-esteem and the Jehovah’s Witnesses offered her some hope:“the illusion of a better life,” she says.“I didn’t want to break Jehovah’s heart.”

She began caring for her ill mother, was baptised as a Witness and doorknocked every day to fulfil a quota set for her of 90 hours a month. Doorknocking, also known as “pioneering” or “publishing”, is the recruitment front line; most Australians have answered their door to a pair of Witnesses offering The Watchtower or Awake! magazines.

By the age of 18, Taylor, a smart and feisty young woman, had begun working as a South Australian advocate for Young Carers Australia and had contributed to policy developed by senator Amanda Vanstone, the then Minister for Family and Community Services. Taylor was also offered work experience and training as a journalist with ABC radio in Renmark. But she says “pressure and hatred” from her fellow Witnesses, and suspicion of her being too educated or upwardly mobile, forced her to turn down the offers in order to stay door-to-door preaching. She got a part-time job cleaning toilets instead.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses are puritanical Christians who think they have God’s messages to themselves. Only they are “in the Truth”. They have 8 million members worldwide and 64,000 in Australia, in 800 “congregations” or parishes located in “Kingdom Halls”.

The religion’s proper name is the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. It was founded by American draper Charles Russell in 1872. They believe in the end of the world and also the paradise beyond and have predicted five times that Christ would come again to signal it. The last time this happened was 1975. More than 1 million devotees abandoned them in the following six years. In America the Jehovah’s Witness have the lowest retention rate of all religions.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

NiTaylor says in her teens she was again sexually assaulted, this time by a devout Witness. Nothing was ever reported to police. Taylor says she stayed with the church because she had low self-esteem and the Jehovah’s Witnesses offered her some hope:“the illusion of a better life,” she says.“I didn’t want to break Jehovah’s heart.”

She began caring for her ill mother, was baptised as a Witness and doorknocked every day to fulfil a quota set for her of 90 hours a month. Doorknocking, also known as “pioneering” or “publishing”, is the recruitment front line; most Australians have answered their door to a pair of Witnesses offering The Watchtower or Awake! magazines.

By the age of 18, Taylor, a smart and feisty young woman, had begun working as a South Australian advocate for Young Carers Australia and had contributed to policy developed by senator Amanda Vanstone, the then Minister for Family and Community Services. Taylor was also offered work experience and training as a journalist with ABC radio in Renmark. But she says “pressure and hatred” from her fellow Witnesses, and suspicion of her being too educated or upwardly mobile, forced her to turn down the offers in order to stay door-to-door preaching. She got a part-time job cleaning toilets instead.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses are puritanical Christians who think they have God’s messages to themselves. Only they are “in the Truth”. They have 8 million members worldwide and 64,000 in Australia, in 800 “congregations” or parishes located in “Kingdom Halls”.

The religion’s proper name is the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. It was founded by American draper Charles Russell in 1872. They believe in the end of the world and also the paradise beyond and have predicted five times that Christ would come again to signal it. The last time this happened was 1975. More than 1 million devotees abandoned them in the following six years. In America the Jehovah’s Witness have the lowest retention rate of all religions.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Nice to see that people who spend their childhoods ruined by the sick and twisted policies of the Jehovah's witness cult having the courage to speak up
Bravo
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

I would say apostates are mentally diseased, it is the disfellowshipped sheep that Jehovah God wants to repent and return to Him. Jesus said there is great joy in heaven over one of Jehovah's sheep being returned to the flock. Matthew 18:12,13
Irishbob

Plymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

All Religious bodies in our world Christian or other wise have men who are pedophiles. Why are J W any different? The Roman Catholic church are the worst offenders of sexual misconduct. Their priesthood is corrupted with many sexual perverts. What i see or read about the J W, they are a very small number of perverted men who act in a immoral way.I am not a J W i am an ex Catholic and i use to work in a school that trains teenager girls to become nuns.[Novitiate] I have seen the Archbishop in the Boston, MA area in the 60s come to rest and visit the school, where he was given the treatment of a king.I would see several teaching order nuns go into his quarters and not come out for hours. I am not saying he had had sexual encounter but they were alone without a chaperon. J W are good people and they are the ONLY Christian people doing the Will of God as they attempt to help the people in a spiritual way. For those of you who have a problem with that, i ask you, Why doesn't your Church do this type of evangelizing, after all, this command was never resinderd by the Christ?
unlisted

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

oh shut up.. you are in a cult that abuses women and little girls the difference between he church and this org...... your big shot men hide behind doors in Ny pretending it is not happening. it will come out what this org hides then you will be no better other faiths are doing something about it.. this org has striped down their backs. they dont care they live very nicely on others money.. so they dont care what happens...

go google how baldly this org is allowing it to happen and never have they apologized..

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

True Christian witness wrote:
I would say apostates are mentally diseased, it is the disfellowshipped sheep that Jehovah God wants to repent and return to Him. Jesus said there is great joy in heaven over one of Jehovah's sheep being returned to the flock. Matthew 18:12,13
So you judge any who would be called mentally diseased as lost? Do you think that Jesus would call them lost?
When you say Jehovah's wants a lost sheep to repent and return, just who does he want them to return to? Would it be a man made religion, or to his son Jesus Christ?
Jesus would rejoice over any lost ones returning to him.
Pat

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
So you judge any who would be called mentally diseased as lost? Do you think that Jesus would call them lost?
When you say Jehovah's wants a lost sheep to repent and return, just who does he want them to return to? Would it be a man made religion, or to his son Jesus Christ?
Jesus would rejoice over any lost ones returning to him.
JESUS SAID
My Father will honor the one who serves me.'"
SERVES WHO , Him not the WTO .The Father honors the ones who serve His Son .The Devil does not want The FATHER to honor anyone so he points people in another direction knowing that God only honors the ones who serve Jesus .

“WT/MLB/NSA/TOPIX MODERATOR”

Since: Dec 06

Where pretty lies perish.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

And chubby chasers throughout the sect wept.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Irishbob wrote:
All Religious bodies in our world Christian or other wise have men who are pedophiles. Why are J W any different? The Roman Catholic church are the worst offenders of sexual misconduct. Their priesthood is corrupted with many sexual perverts. What i see or read about the J W, they are a very small number of perverted men who act in a immoral way.I am not a J W i am an ex Catholic and i use to work in a school that trains teenager girls to become nuns.[Novitiate] I have seen the Archbishop in the Boston, MA area in the 60s come to rest and visit the school, where he was given the treatment of a king.I would see several teaching order nuns go into his quarters and not come out for hours. I am not saying he had had sexual encounter but they were alone without a chaperon. J W are good people and they are the ONLY Christian people doing the Will of God as they attempt to help the people in a spiritual way. For those of you who have a problem with that, i ask you, Why doesn't your Church do this type of evangelizing, after all, this command was never resinderd by the Christ?
There is not one witness that would say they are righteous or holy, all Jehovah's witnesses are trying to be true Christians today, trying to imitate Jesus and his personality; and those who are not, and are in the truth to save their skin from destruction at Armageddon will either shape up or they won't, that is their problem and not the concern of the sheep, Jesus is in control as the head of our world wide congregation.

If there were false Christians in the first century congregations of Jehovah's witnesses or Christians, you can be sure there are today also, when these hypocrites get exposed they are removed and the congregation is clean again, many are just sleeping spiritually.

Each witness is responsible for his or her own life and relationship with Jehovah God, through Jesus our King. We do love our brothers and do everything we can to help them, if they want help.
Galatians 5:25,26

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
There is not one witness that would say they are righteous or holy, all Jehovah's witnesses are trying to be true Christians today, trying to imitate Jesus and his personality; and those who are not, and are in the truth to save their skin from destruction at Armageddon will either shape up or they won't, that is their problem and not the concern of the sheep, Jesus is in control as the head of our world wide congregation.
If there were false Christians in the first century congregations of Jehovah's witnesses or Christians, you can be sure there are today also, when these hypocrites get exposed they are removed and the congregation is clean again, many are just sleeping spiritually.
Each witness is responsible for his or her own life and relationship with Jehovah God, through Jesus our King. We do love our brothers and do everything we can to help them, if they want help.
Galatians 5:25,26
Oh yes there are witnesses who call themselves holy and righteous, they do it all day long on here, including you.

You are following a religion, an organization, you are not following Jesus. The WTS says, YOU MUST BE A WITNESS to be saved, those words are not found in the bible anywhere. Once you open your eyes and your heart to see that, then maybe you will see that your savlation is in JESUS. Until you see that, you are only chasing the wind.

If I needed help would you help me? I know you wont answer this question, but the answer is obvious. Do you pray for me? Do you pray for any of those who have left the organization?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

I am leaving for the day. I hope everyone has a good rest of their day.

Remember, Jesus loves you all.
BUDGIE

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Irishbob wrote:
The repeated Denial of JW'S on this forum on the problem of pediophilia and the unjust policy of the cult
leaders , not to mention the 100's of false prophecies,
shows that they just can't accept that Jehovah's "CLEAN" organisation can decieve them.
This response is not unlike a wife who is deeply suspicious that her husband is unfaithful.
Each sign of his sin causes her emotional turmoil, yet she denies her fear to her friends and even herself.
Many though, have eventualy grasped the nettle and dissassociated themselves from this false religion
because of it's blatant history, which proves that it is Not Gods organisation,
only to be accused of all manner of evil and sin, which is unfortunatly the price they pay for
speaking out agains the the IDOL of the WTBTS.

All religions HAVE tried to cover up pedophilia in their organizations.

The difference between other religions and the JWs from what I have seen, however, is that once
the rug has been turned back and the ugly dirt that was swept under it is exposed, in other religions, the church MEMBERS for
the most part become outraged and demand that their religious organization DO something about it.

They are shocked and appalled and they want to see changes and the pedophiles convicted and gone.
JWs, on the other hand, almost to a man, DEFEND their organization, call the victims liars and
deny that there IS a problem. They vilify the victims and support the pedophiles and the organization
that covered up the crimes for so long.

That is what is most distressing...the reactions of the rank and file JWs. In so many cases where criminal
charges have eventually been brought against molesters, the JWs show us en masse to support the pedophile--

The old "I beat my wife less than Johnny over there so I should be excused" is no defense. Thats the JW's favorite one.
I am critical of the "they all do it" excuse. As you and I know, Jehovah's witnesses have always
put themselves on a much higher level than every other faith in the world,
they cannot simply say "well other religions do it too" as an excuse, it won't hold up in any court.
buck

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

sorry you didn't quote that right
doesn't mention "Jehovah" at all it says in verse 14 that follows "it is not the will of your "Father" which is in heaven" and besides you are trying to quote wrong chapter and verses when there is joy in heaven over one etc.
Luke 15:10 There is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
buck

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

I wouldn't have a problem slamming the door on the faces of Jehovah Witnesses
these people are brainwashed yes they are literally brainwashed.
the church doesn't let it's members have a life and insist they don't buy what is not needed so the church can have more $$$ and people who are so gullible fall for the crap instead of using the common sense GOD gave to them.
yes it's true, you can't celebrate any kind of holiday,birthday etc. you are taking away from the church. this is nothing but brainwashing so greedy people get your money
Becky

Nanjing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

buck wrote:
I wouldn't have a problem slamming the door on the faces of Jehovah Witnesses
these people are brainwashed yes they are literally brainwashed.
the church doesn't let it's members have a life and insist they don't buy what is not needed so the church can have more $$$ and people who are so gullible fall for the crap instead of using the common sense GOD gave to them.
yes it's true, you can't celebrate any kind of holiday,birthday etc. you are taking away from the church. this is nothing but brainwashing so greedy people get your money
Yes and most of them are on disability pensions as well as running businesses. They are lying greedy hypocrites.
buck

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

oh how I do thank you Becky for chiming in with more.
and what's more is that these kinds of people prove to be unthankful for what they got. Thanksgiving was instituted by Abraham Lincoln the 16 president of our USA. and why any american would not join in giving thanks to our GOD for his many bountiful blessings on this day is nothing but ignorance and unthankfulness.
reminds me of what Maude always said to her husband Walter "GOD'll get you for that Walter" LOL LOL LOL LOL
buck

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

and for the those who get the opportunity to slam the door in their face SLAM IT GOOD AND HARD LMAO
that will will give them food for thought
LMAO good
jay

Normal, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

YOU are another uninformed nutbag!!
Your religion is a DISEASE!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of2,890
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••