Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31937 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

We are watching

Springfield, OH

#29839 Dec 29, 2013
We don't come to board meetings but watch them on TV.

I can't wait to watch the garbage they wll spew. Iwill need my pepto bismal though, I saw him on TV at a board meeting when asked why he did not do more for the students saying, "These kids need a full High School schedule", "these students love their high school experience". These were Malones excuses for screwing our studnes out of PSEO, Dual Credit and AP? WTH? OH Malone that is bunch of discusting nonsense. Have you ased these students? I have and theytld me the opposite.
Now that he is gone twice as many students are taking PSEO (college courses). Springbro High School finally has 6 Dual credit courses-0 when he was Pincipal, now twice as many studnet are in AP courses. This community was greatly benefitted by his removal/retirement. Now the nightmare begins as he is on the school board, bravo union you got your golden boy and the kids got screwed. We are back total community divide. Let's see if in 5 years you pass anything but more gas/lies. Bravo Union and SURE you just set these kids up or more of the levy failure days of extortions.
Oh please

Springfield, OH

#29840 Dec 29, 2013
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim Issacs, aka, Tom Issacs can not now take back his words just because he does not like the fact that his report is being seen by community members, parents and students. Is he now saying hedid not tell the truth? NO he is saying that he did not mean for all of us to see te report. Too bad Tim or Tom. The truth is the truth. Malone was keeping our kids from excelling. Malone would not offer our kids any dual credit courses, 0 dual credit until this year. All oter schools in Warren County have dual credit couses even the Warren County Career Center. OMG why can he smile at them as he denies them a chance to go further. A smile takes the place of real education. Man our students have been so indoctrinated the don't even know when they aregetting screwed. Ask them why the voted for him and they tell you cuz, duhhhh. Cuz their teacher told them to vote fer him. Ask them did you know you were getting screwed out of AP, PSEO and dual credit opportunities and they say well, it does not matter cuz he smiled at me and I can't live without that smile and he knew my name. Maybe we should try to get a hold of these poor students that were made fools of and see if they survived their first year without his smiling face. Ask them how they feel now? Ask them ifthey feel guilty that he will now make decisions fr thekids in the whole district. All I can say is get your kids out of this place.
Why would you waste so much time on a simple typo? No, TOM Isaacs doesn't want to take back the report. He was simply stating that the point of the report was to target some areas of improvement, but your side is twisting it to imply that TOM only found negative things.

The scariest part about your side is that you believe your lies.

My daughter was not screwed out of AP or PSEO under Dr. Malone. Why would you suggest that? Because you're full of shit, that's why.

You guys are scary. I just am thankful your side is no longer in power here.
Oh please

Springfield, OH

#29841 Dec 29, 2013
Malone is not alone wrote:
Lisa
www.youtube.com/watch... Lisa Babb on Creationism
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =U0u3-2CGOMQXX Evolution vs God
You call yourslf a Christian? You essentialy said don't bring that stuff in these buildings it does not belong here. Glad this teacher thinks so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch... teacher teaching controversial topics Oh my
Kinda like this guy Dave Silverman http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Lisa you and Coleen Bowman, you know wife of the David Boman that hates consevatives are the only ones in Springboro interviewed that thin that our chidren don't need that stinking talk of faith in these buildings. You are all Fake Chistians
http://www.youtube.com/watch... Creationism report
http://www.youtube.com/watch... Oh Lisa watch this
isa is your anger for nbot getting electe interfeering with your principles? It appears so. We have seen the tape of you walking out while Dr.Kohls poke of her concern for our children. You were filled with such disrespect you could not force yourself to be a Christian there either. You go to our church and I am embrrased for our church. our face was up front leaving as she spoke. I can't look at you now in church without feeling unChristian about you. TYo need to stop betrayig your faith and our kids. I am glad you were not elected.
Why are you making this about Christianity? Thank GOD your side is no longer in power and thank GOD they are keeping religion where it belongs - OUT OF OUR SCHOOLS! Kelly Kohls dropped her mission to get it into our schools because she knew we'd sue her pseudo-Christian butt.
Oh please

Springfield, OH

#29842 Dec 29, 2013
Embarrassed boosters wrote:
<quoted text>
AKM is this you? Nice job but, you sound really hateful, here maybe that is why we can't get parents to work for the boosters. So these three also made fools of the boosters when they revealed the embezzelment. You of all people should be happy they did, not mad at them for it. It is hard to admitt it was not for the kids but really, get over it now and move on. I understand your humiliation, I am also, we should have done more ourselves to stop the theft and lies. Your anger is hurting everyone as well as the student athletes you serve. NFSS and the boosters and the unions are bullies.
My post wasn't about the boosters.(I admits to being somewhat uneducated on the booster situation). My post was about how you all cry that Kohls is bullied at board meetings. She isn't. SHE'S the bully. I've been to board meetings, and I've seen it with my own eyes. Come to think of it, she's a disgusting human being, a liar, a manipulator, and an embarrassment to Springboro...and she knows it.
Oh please

Springfield, OH

#29843 Dec 29, 2013
Why worry wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a pro. For 4 years your side has lied. Lied to parents, Springboro citizens, and students. Now you lied to past students. When they find out how badly they were lied to they will regret their vote. The No voters did not vote because they did not disagree with this renewal levy and Kohls was not on the ballot so there was no reason for them to go to the ballot box. The community stayed home and the victims (past students) and union voted. Poor students, they have been used again. Your lies proved successful, bravo! Hey Malone, ACORN has nothing on your group. Bussed them in from under the bridges, shelters and their colleges, you have to be proud.
Malone, Stucky and Anderson represent the majority inside the district only. They do not represent any of the majority outside the district. You will see. They will preach to their harem and they will clapp their hands off. It is exactly where we were 4 years ago and guess what no levies passed. Not a new concept, The union can get people elected just can't pass a levy. Now that this community know how the union supported board member screw the kids it won't go unnoticed again.
You are referring to Educate Springboro- I love that web site, I learn a lot from them.
You are so misguided, you poor little thing. Do you talk to people? Do you know how many people regretted their votes for KPR? There are so many people who specifically went out to vote AGAINST your agenda. Your side is so egotistical that you refuse I see the truth. I feel sorry for you, but I'll enjoy seeing your side go down in flames
CELEBRATE OUR SUCCESS

Springfield, OH

#29844 Dec 29, 2013
The Record Speaks Truth.....

Number of Dual College Credit Classes AVAILABLE when
Mr. Malone retired equals -0-

Number of Dual College Credit Classes ADDED AFTER
Mr. Malone retired June 30, 2013 equals -6-

Don't forget to send a Thank You e-mail to SHS principal,
Ms. Daniel, and/or offer a word of appreciation next time you
see her at school or at board meetings!
Oh please

Springfield, OH

#29845 Dec 29, 2013
Stand Up For Kids wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing but Coal in the Christmas stockings for Ron Malone and David Stuckey;
the only TWO retired educators, who have no place in our board room, except in
the direction of the minority of a five member board, THREE of whom are successful
business men in the private sector. Springboro Voters have not elected a "union controlled" board and the "union" will NOT control the votes of the majority of THREE elected officials whose Vote is NOT for sale to the union masters..... and that is putting our Students 21st Century Classroom Education First, with quality Teachers in every classroom, living within
our Children First Budget with No New Taxes needed for many years.....Just Priceless!
It's cute how your side acts like you hand picked Anderson. He's not a fan of your agenda
It Happens

Springfield, OH

#29846 Dec 29, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you waste so much time on a simple typo? No, TOM Isaacs doesn't want to take back the report. He was simply stating that the point of the report was to target some areas of improvement, but your side is twisting it to imply that TOM only found negative things.
The scariest part about your side is that you believe your lies.
My daughter was not screwed out of AP or PSEO under Dr. Malone. Why would you suggest that? Because you're full of shit, that's why.
You guys are scary. I just am thankful your side is no longer in power here.
OOPS! She's Back for S-U-R-E! Looks like Potty Mouthed Mom (Or one of her collective minded followers) forgot to "cleanse thyself" before typing! Shame on You! Can we expect an apology for your brain-drain "misallocation" of your good gift of Vocabulary?
Liar Liar Pants on Fire

Springfield, OH

#29847 Dec 29, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
My post wasn't about the boosters.(I admits to being somewhat uneducated on the booster situation). My post was about how you all cry that Kohls is bullied at board meetings. She isn't. SHE'S the bully. I've been to board meetings, and I've seen it with my own eyes. Come to think of it, she's a disgusting human being, a liar, a manipulator, and an embarrassment to Springboro...and she knows it.
Oh puh - leaz-z-z-z-e--------- YOU are the liar (but so laughable, just like Mr. Ron!)

Obviously, you see Kohls, NOT as she IS, but as YOU are ---- in your own words,
a disgusting human being, a liar, a manipulator, and an embarrassment to Springboro.....
and YOU know it! How sad that YOU are the only one that doesn't see yourself as an embarrassment to Springboro!

Why not face your own character weaknesses, instead of projecting them on Kohls,
of whom you are obviously extremely envious and jealous?
Oh please

Springfield, OH

#29848 Dec 29, 2013
It Happens wrote:
<quoted text>
OOPS! She's Back for S-U-R-E! Looks like Potty Mouthed Mom (Or one of her collective minded followers) forgot to "cleanse thyself" before typing! Shame on You! Can we expect an apology for your brain-drain "misallocation" of your good gift of Vocabulary?
An apology? No. Repetition? S-U-R-E! YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT. And the community knows it. WE BELIEVE it's time to move forward.... WITHOUT YOU.
Oh please

Springfield, OH

#29849 Dec 29, 2013
Liar Liar Pants on Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh - leaz-z-z-z-e--------- YOU are the liar (but so laughable, just like Mr. Ron!)
Obviously, you see Kohls, NOT as she IS, but as YOU are ---- in your own words,
a disgusting human being, a liar, a manipulator, and an embarrassment to Springboro.....
and YOU know it! How sad that YOU are the only one that doesn't see yourself as an embarrassment to Springboro!
Why not face your own character weaknesses, instead of projecting them on Kohls,
of whom you are obviously extremely envious and jealous?
There is nothing in Kohls of which to be jealous. She can barely form a coherent sentence and her Tea Party agenda is a joke. Maybe her fashion sense and hairstyle? Um, no. It's not jealousy speaking. It is me being SICK AND TIRED of her lies.
Spread the Great News

Springfield, OH

#29850 Dec 29, 2013
Why worry wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a pro. For 4 years your side has lied. Lied to parents, Springboro citizens, and students. Now you lied to past students. When they find out how badly they were lied to they will regret their vote. The No voters did not vote because they did not disagree with this renewal levy and Kohls was not on the ballot so there was no reason for them to go to the ballot box. The community stayed home and the victims (past students) and union voted. Poor students, they have been used again. Your lies proved successful, bravo! Hey Malone, ACORN has nothing on your group. Bussed them in from under the bridges, shelters and their colleges, you have to be proud.
Malone, Stucky and Anderson represent the majority inside the district only. They do not represent any of the majority outside the district. You will see. They will preach to their harem and they will clapp their hands off. It is exactly where we were 4 years ago and guess what no levies passed. Not a new concept, The union can get people elected just can't pass a levy. Now that this community know how the union supported board member screw the kids it won't go unnoticed again.
You are referring to Educate Springboro- I love that web site, I learn a lot from them.
Have you read the April, 2013, inspiring article on the Educate Springboro website
"It's about the children, right?" Here's a short excerpt, very informative......

Reflecting back to January 2012, it has been a busy, fulfilling, frustrating, and exciting year. The accomplishments will not be forgotten! Wince Lombardi said, "Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing -- the result."

With the drive of our current administrative team and teachers, we have made many collaborative decisions to increase professional development training for teachers; enhance our technology platform; invested in new books; added new AP classes; hired more teachers; provided new tools for teachers; invested in new laptops for teachers; combined Dennis and Five Point Elementary; invested in safer and newer buses for students; increased investment in capital expenditures to reduce deferred maintenance; established community committee to evaluate our safety plans; branded The Springboro Panther;
created a more transparent budget and finance process; established effective board policy management; advocated for stronger HR practices; invested in teacher training on data use; awarded an "A" on the NEW state report card; advocated for transparency from all district support organizations; recovery of $439,000 from the athletic booster treasurer; and the list goes on and on. This does not even begin to touch on all the new Common Core and evaluative tools being worked on daily by the entire district.

It is not one person who can be lauded for these achievements; it took a unified vision, a determination and support of the School Board and Central Office Leadership, and Our Teachers to execute the plan. We have a strong administrative team and faculty dedicated to student achievement, and as one board member, I applaud the effort......

2013 for me is focused on curriculum and student achievement. To understand student achievement, one must understand how schools are ranked, what is the basis for those rankings, and finally, what does our raw date look like. It is more difficult to argue where our resources NEED to be allocated when the data points you in a particular direction, so long as the date is not taken out of context. That is why the raw data become so intriguing when making investment decisions for the classroom. I am committed to make sure we REMAIN fiscally responsible and do whatever it takes to protect our city, district community and taxpayers who elected me to this humbling position--because that is good for educators and education in Springboro.....(read more cool stuff written by Mr. Petroni at educatespringboro.org )
Come Grow With Us

Springfield, OH

#29851 Dec 29, 2013
Welcome Aboard Mr. Anderson, Mr. Stuckey, and Mr. Malone,

Two years ago, November 2011, Springboro Families and Taxpaying Homeowners elected Two good men, David Petroni and Jim Rigano, to serve as Board Representatives, in good faith that they would get to work for the people, doing what's right for our school children and community, investing our school tax dollars in a reform minded Vision for our 21st century classroom education, with Quality teachers in every classroom! And it is absolutely amazingly awesome what accomplishments have been made in less than two year working within our Children First Budget framework! Special Thanks are due all
our current board members, including David Petroni and Jim Rigano!
Let's stay on this new course and move in the direction of leadership for our children, schools and community!

Today, we ask that each of you get on board with our current board's reform minded Vision of Children First Budget; reflect on the progress made in the past two years, and join us in Celebrating Our Success,
including:

Renewal levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million;

Reduced school fees, lower pay to participate fees, as well as restored busing, and building maintenance;

Money and resources to the gifted and early intervention programs;

Raising the bar for students and teachers;

Adding ACT/College Essentials class, emphasizing early college credit programs through the high school, Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO), Advanced Placement, and Dual Credit courses.

Balancing class sizes, and strengthening our curriculum.

Technology plan with 1,100 new computers, wireless access for every building, and laptops to every teacher.

..... and we have only just begun, as we all turn our attention on
working together to meet the challenges that lie ahead for our schools and community in 2014! We don't need more money; we need more
accountability!
Oh Yeah

Springfield, OH

#29852 Dec 29, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in Kohls of which to be jealous. She can barely form a coherent sentence and her Tea Party agenda is a joke. Maybe her fashion sense and hairstyle? Um, no. It's not jealousy speaking. It is me being SICK AND TIRED of her lies.
Oh Yeah! You are so jealous; your message just bleeds of green! You see, when a rational person comes in contact with someone that makes them sick and tired; they simply move on;
but you obviously continue obsessing about how Kohls makes YOU feel. What a lying
fanatic you are! You can't change your own sick and tired feelings of jealousy; and you won't change the subject of your sick and tired jealousy of Kohls! How pathetic is that? Anyway,
you really should stop playing the victim of your own circumstances on this blog, and go write in a self-help journal or try spitting in the wind. Your Pity Party agenda is no joke; it's just YOU being SICK AND TIRED of being YOU. Are you smart enough to learn that YOU are the only person that you can be certain of IMPROVING?
Read More Cool Stuff

Springfield, OH

#29853 Dec 29, 2013
....In the direction of common sense

For too long, the Springboro district appeared to work very well, but it lacked clear direction. With no plan for textbooks, technology, capital improvements, buses and more, there was no larger course charted for our schools. There was no common sense.

Educate Springboro's common sense approach does not strip the district of its traditions or diversity. It does not ignore its accomplishments and honors, including "Excellent with Distinction."
It simply gives us a unifying direction that extends beyond any individual, building, or year.

Read more in the direction of common sense at the website:
educatespringboro.org

Join Educate Springboro in putting Children First. It's for our children, our community and toward a better future for our schools!
Read More Cool Stuff

Springfield, OH

#29854 Dec 29, 2013
..... In the direction of fair

A year ago, our district faced a sort of perfect storm" with needs for everything from buses and books to technology and staffing coming to the surface at the same time. Through good management and some good fortune our once rudderless ship emerged from that storm with clear leadership and direction. Clearly, there are still challenges, but we are moving in the direction of putting Children First.
Read More Cool Stuff

Springfield, OH

#29855 Dec 29, 2013
....In the direction of unity

Even after plans to invest millions in technology, curriculum, buildings and buses, and even after providing every employee with raises, we are financially prepared to give something back to the taxpayer --
November 2013 renewal levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million.

In the direction of sustainability......

We are meeting and exceeding state mandates as well as local expectations. We are building a technology backbone, investing in computers, curriculum, buses and buildings -- We are putting children first. MOST important, we are being honest about what is needed through 2017. This is reform at the local level, and this is working together toward sustainability.

If you believe in putting Children First, Please Join Educate Springboro and help spread the great news that Children First Budget Works!
It's for our children, our community and toward a better future for our schools!
Read More Cool Stuff

Springfield, OH

#29856 Dec 29, 2013
....In the direction of opportunity

When we combine common sense spending with the strong performance of our schools, we provide opportunities for everyone -- Our Students, Our Teachers, Our Families, and Our Community.

From the district's aging computers, buses and buildings to the new Common Core curriculum and rising expectations with new standards, testing, evaluation systems, the status quo is not equipped to meet the challenges that our school district faces.

Educate Springboro reaches past the status quo! As we examine district operations and use achievement data, we are creating opportunity, directing more resources to students and more tools to teachers.

Come Grow With Us.... We can't just invest in status quo; We must have a broader Vision of Reform for our children's 21st Century Education. Join Educate Springboro in putting Children First. It's for our children, our community, and toward a better future for our schools!
Read More Cool Stuff

Springfield, OH

#29857 Dec 29, 2013
In the direction of excellence....

As the status quo placed awards on the school walls, may assumed that all was well inside those walls. But the awards only measure the
PAST, and the standards are changing. Our schools perform well by the minimum state standards, but "PROFICIENT" no matter how you slice it, is FAILING.

For example, the PROFICIENT standard for the 8th grade math Ohio Achievement Assessment (OAA) ranges from 35%- 59%. Proficient is not enough. The status quo has not been enough. The time is now to bring forward new ways of evaluating our children that no longer rely upon grading on a curve to obtain the desired results.

Tougher, realistic standards upset the status quo, but inflated standards rob our children of true achievement and potential.

Oh please

Springfield, OH

#29858 Dec 29, 2013
Oh Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Yeah! You are so jealous; your message just bleeds of green! You see, when a rational person comes in contact with someone that makes them sick and tired; they simply move on;
but you obviously continue obsessing about how Kohls makes YOU feel. What a lying
fanatic you are! You can't change your own sick and tired feelings of jealousy; and you won't change the subject of your sick and tired jealousy of Kohls! How pathetic is that? Anyway,
you really should stop playing the victim of your own circumstances on this blog, and go write in a self-help journal or try spitting in the wind. Your Pity Party agenda is no joke; it's just YOU being SICK AND TIRED of being YOU. Are you smart enough to learn that YOU are the only person that you can be certain of IMPROVING?
Kelly kohls is a legend in her own mind. She isn't respected in Springboro, and people in other cities across the state are tired of her as well (as demonstrated by the losses of the majority of school board candidates she supported). Jealousy? Not even a little because I said, she exudes nothing worthy of envy. She's simply a wart on the butt if humanity, and we no longer have to listen to her at board meetings (though I'm sure she will still attend an have plenty to say)

So tell me, what exactly am I jealous of? Because I see no redeeming qualities in her. Do tell!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 1 hr Skippy 14
News How Donald Trump is slowly teaching Republicans... 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 48
News Can a new chief rabbi change the Israeli Rabbin... (Apr '13) 8 hr indict robert mercer 18
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples 12 hr Humpty Dumpty 76
News Judge who said she wouldn't marry gays fights b... Thu okimar 19
News Straight Talk: Young husband's cheating is agon... (Mar '12) Thu Dump his ass 5
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... Thu Fa-Foxy 198
More from around the web