Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments (Page 1,243)

Showing posts 24,841 - 24,860 of31,007
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Got Respect

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

sheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but he might as well be one the way he was attending these "basement" meetings with two of the BOE members.
Just trying to point out the irony of this person claiming everything should be transparent, when he was a part of meetings (including members of the BOE) that clearly were not transparent.
..... attending these "basement" meetings...???

Now, sheep, aren't you the same person who "tattled" on this discussion blog recently that the board members were caught by your cleverness holding "church services" in their basements at home? For S-U-R-E you are!

Now, you are on this blog claiming that these meetings going on in basement homes are "secret board meetings?" How ironic is that?

Most likely, sheep, YOU are among the "flock" protesting in front of TV-news cameras in the school district offices parking lot
showing off your teachers victim project, in yet another episode of "community drama down home in the boro."
Uno Voter

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

It is time to go wrote:
After reading the article in the Sun, I think it is time for Kelly to step down. Do we want someone like her representing our children? Is she really in it for the best interest of the children? It is time to do the admirable thing and step down.
Excuse me, with all due respect to your "opinion" I disagree that the time has come for the OEA to bully Springboro BOE member, Kelly Kohls, out of her elected position. I like Kelly Kohls and support the direction in which her leadership is taking our children's future!
Mrs. Kohls was elected overwhelmingly by a majority vote in November 2009. Since then, she has been falsely accused, stalked, bullied and ridiculed by just a bully few of those who oppose her new philosophy of: committment to ensuring that the children of the Springboro community receive an excellent education, while keeping the costs of that education affordable, by carefully adhering to responisble spending.
It is time for Mrs. Kohls to continue standing strong and "hang in there with Springboro taxpayers" four more years!
It is time to say Thanks, Kelly! for making Springboro schools a way better place to work, learn, and play sports!
huh

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

sheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but he might as well be one the way he was attending these "basement" meetings with two of the BOE members.
Just trying to point out the irony of this person claiming everything should be transparent, when he was a part of meetings (including members of the BOE) that clearly were not transparent.
If he is not on the board, who is he and what do you care who he talks to?
Budget First BOE

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

BOE weve got your backs wrote:
<quoted text>
The next bumper stickers you will be seeing around town:
I SUPPORT CHILDREN FIRST!/ SPRINGBORO OH SCHOOLS
I know you don't care about the teachers but maybe you should consider who is going to teach those children you so often say you are putting first. Not to mention what are they going to teach the kids.

13% of the teaching staff has left the district within the last 12-18 months! Doesn't include those that are looking and may very well get new jobs over the summer.
67% of the principals have left or moved to different positions.
Assistant principals yet to be hired.
A massive turnover of central office staff in the last 2 years.
Administrative staff being hired with no prior experience.
Confusion over Common Core - to teach or not to teach.
Teachers not allowed in their classroom or access to laptops/books to start preparing lessons over the summer.
Stalled or failing negotiations.

As a parent, I don't see where my child's education is a top priority with this board. I see everything they are doing to reduce cost without regard for my child's future.
My Daughters Shepard

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Anybody else notice how sheep doesn't like to talk about the job the school system is doing educating our kids with the money we give them? Sheep likes to talk about anything but what is important here. From reading this blog I have learned not to trust the words teachers use to describe how well my children are doing. When I looked at my children's grades on the progress book I found that over half their scores were based on whether or not they turned in their homework. Turning in your homework does not mean you learned anything. My daughter always had 90 and above scores in all her classes, so I was always surprised when she took the assessment tests and scored in the 2nd tier. Her teachers told me how bright she was and that she just did not take tests well. Reading this blog opened me up to other resources I was not aware of and when I found them I began to see what the problem was with my daughter. It was not that she didn't take test well, it was she did not know the material. I began a conscious effort to work with her on the subjects she seemed to have the most trouble in while taking the assessment tests. Relearning algebra was not as easy as I remembered, but we managed to pull her knowledge base upwards together. Talking with her and her friends about school I found myself constantly surprised by what passes for teaching. Given an opportunity to speak our children will reveal quite a bit about the goings on in our schools. Some of the opinions they espoused about our school board were way off base. I do not ever recall speaking of a school board when I went to school, let alone giving them a second thought in the 8th grade. Why would my daughter care about her teacher's financial affairs, and why would a teacher be talking to my daughter about them? Listening to the drivel that comes out of my child's mouth at the dinner table makes me want to boil over. My husband and I never speak about these issues, and I don't see it anywhere in the Dayton Daily News, so who is filling my daughter's head with this stuff? I can think of only one source and it does not make me happy. Trying to use my child as your personal advocate really stinks. My daughter has been taught to respect and look up to her teachers, to have them take advantage of that trust and respect is revolting. I can see where Mr Petroni would be concerned handing his children over to these people who seem to lack much character. The more I hear from my daughter and her friends the less i like what is going on in our schools. I know in my heart that not all teachers are like these few that interact with my daughter and her friends, but I don't hear anybody at the school telling anyone to stop this nonsense either.
Get Real

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Budget First BOE wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't care about the teachers but maybe you should consider who is going to teach those children you so often say you are putting first. Not to mention what are they going to teach the kids.
13% of the teaching staff has left the district within the last 12-18 months! Doesn't include those that are looking and may very well get new jobs over the summer.
Teachers not allowed in their classroom or access to laptops/books to start preparing lessons over the summer.
As a parent, I don't see where my child's education is a top priority with this board. I see everything they are doing to reduce cost without regard for my child's future.
It is clearly seen by all (except those blinded by status quo
OEA indoctrination that MORE emphasis should be placed on over-paying our union employees) that every decision made by our BOE majority has priority of our children first.

Never before has so much been to make our schools safer and more comfortable; and at an affordable cost!
The past 5 year forecast did not include repairs needed to our buildings. Windows, heating and air systems and roofs and many more items creating a safe and comfortable environment for our kids. Now, we have budgeted $2.5 million for a capitol investment plan as recommended to us by an audit firm and our own administrative assessments. This capitol plan will be able to replace, roofs, windows, paint, flooring and other infrastructures as needed. Again, this was not done in previous forecasts.
We have a vastly aging fleet of buses that have not been getting replaced on a schedule so many no longer run and others that fail loaded with kids.
Now we have budgeted for transportation needs of our kids so we can safely transport them. We have purchased 11 new buses this year and will purchase 9 more over the next few years for a total of 20 new buses. We have allocated $2 million for our transportation needs. Again, this was not planned before this board.
Our school board president, Kelly Kohls, is leading our school district in the right direction, committed to ensuring that the chidren of the Springboro community receibve an excellent educatio while keeping the costs of that education affordable, by carefully adhering to responsible spending!
Thank You Mrs. Kohls, Mr. Rigano, Mr. Petroni, Mrs. Kull, and Mr. Miller for saying YES to our children first!
Staff took money

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Budget First BOE wrote:
<quoted text>
10% of your staff took early retirement before the pension plan changed to their detriment. In a normal year you have 6-7%, so we are actually below normal turnover.
From reading what those clowns in Central Office did to poor Tammy I say good riddance. Not any profiles in courage in that bunch.
We saw two choose retirement money over your children. One was promoted. And one because she chose her own children over yours and wanted to work closer to them.
The union told the teachers to clean out their rooms as a demo of solidarity and intent. Strictly a union choice and show. Who says you can't put in those endless hours "preparing" for next year by the pool?
Common Core or not, our kids are not getting the education we pay for now. Look at the data which backs up the pretty words, it isn't reassuring.
You sound like a myopic unionite whining for pity when your only savior is yourself not some union hack parasite sucking off your lifeblood.
Things are looking better all the time if you are a teacher, your income rose 11 times faster than the median income in this town since the recession hit four years ago.
Enjoy your summer the rest of us will be working.
Question

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Budget First BOE wrote:
<quoted text>
Assistant principals yet to be hired?
Is there really a NEED for more administrators walking the halls smiling at the kids and blessing them with have a good day?
Is that some kind of religious "ritual" like having only a union teacher in every classroom?
Shouldn't the principals hand over supervision of after school clubs to the church and community organizations, instead of fundraising off the parents to pay teachers supplements?
Hold On

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Uno Voter wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me, with all due respect to your "opinion" I disagree that the time has come for the OEA to bully Springboro BOE member, Kelly Kohls, out of her elected position. I like Kelly Kohls and support the direction in which her leadership is taking our children's future!
Mrs. Kohls was elected overwhelmingly by a majority vote in November 2009. Since then, she has been falsely accused, stalked, bullied and ridiculed by just a bully few of those who oppose her new philosophy of: committment to ensuring that the children of the Springboro community receive an excellent education, while keeping the costs of that education affordable, by carefully adhering to responisble spending.
It is time for Mrs. Kohls to continue standing strong and "hang in there with Springboro taxpayers" four more years!
It is time to say Thanks, Kelly! for making Springboro schools a way better place to work, learn, and play sports!
She was elected because she had more signs posted around town. Period. And maybe because some found her opponent annoying. That's it. No one knew anything about her!!! Guaranteed!
homeschooler

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

I thought Kelly Kohls was a real doctor when I saw her signs. I have read that is not. But I do support homeschooling and think all good parents take care of their own children.
Just Watching

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Hold On wrote:
<quoted text>
She was elected because she had more signs posted around town. Period. And maybe because some found her opponent annoying. That's it. No one knew anything about her!!! Guaranteed!
She was elected because of her steadfast stand on school transparency, accountability, and school fiscal responsibility. People responded to her message that we have enough money already, it is how the schools choose to allocate those funds that cause problems.
just great

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Hold On wrote:
<quoted text>
SOME ? Lots found her opponent annoying...and for good reason. SIGNS ? Signs don't vote, people do ! Wake up and smell the coffee.
Did You Know

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

It is time to go wrote:
After reading the article in the Sun, I think it is time for Kelly to step down. Do we want someone like her representing our children? Is she really in it for the best interest of the children? It is time to do the admirable thing and step down.
You betcha WE the people want Kelly representing OUR children!

You betcha Kelly is REALLY in it for the best interest of the children!

Did you know that It is only our locally-elected BOE representatives that have Responsibility to give priority to our children's FIRST best interest, in ever decision made?

(Did you know that the NEA/OEA/SEA fights against our children's best interest, giving prioroity to what the teachers union's big bosses want for themselves?)

Did you know that for S-U-R-E our Springboro United for Responsible Education parents/community activists are united in priority with the Ohio School Boards Association, fighting for revenge against Springboro parents and Springboro community members, who support our Children First Budgeting BOE majority representatives?

Isn't it now time for S-U-R-E parents and community organizers to do the Responsible thing for ALL our school children and Springboro community taxpaying residents, and unite the community as a whole in support of our children's quality classroom education and best classroom teachers, FIRST?

Isn't it way past time for Springboro United for Responsible Education activists against our children first, to STEP DOWN from that bully pulpit, and STOP this OEA war of words against Springboro Taxpayers AND our elected representatives, who are working together...... committed to ensuring that the children of the Springboro community receive an excellent education, while keeping the costs of that education affordable, by carefully adhering to responsible spending.
For Sure

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Did You Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that Sarah Jobe joined with Ron Malone and Scott Maney in their fight to make Clearcreek Township FIRST in highest taxes with the 93% increse in fire levy taxes; BUT neither of these three pro-levy lovers will stand for our children FIRST?
What hypocrites are these unnecessary evils!
... and did YOU know that Springboro parents of the David Bowman Springboro United for Responsible Education pro-levy lovers are bragging, babbling and boasting all around our boro neighborhoods that come November, for S-U-R-E they will fight even harder against our children first, and for that failed 93% fire levy tax increase! Lol.... where's the responsible education in David Bowman's vote for revenge campaign? For S-U-R-E, Springboro parent David Bowman just loves voting for increased taxes, no matter if
only for greed, not need.
good grief

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

For Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
... and did YOU know that Springboro parents of the David Bowman Springboro United for Responsible Education pro-levy lovers are bragging, babbling and boasting all around our boro neighborhoods that come November, for S-U-R-E they will fight even harder against our children first, and for that failed 93% fire levy tax increase! Lol.... where's the responsible education in David Bowman's vote for revenge campaign? For S-U-R-E, Springboro parent David Bowman just loves voting for increased taxes, no matter if
only for greed, not need.
and did you know that Sarah Jobe is a hack ?
No Way

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

good grief wrote:
<quoted text>
and did you know that Sarah Jobe is a hack ?
nope, didn't know that! But what the heck is a hack? don't know that either.
good grief

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

No Way wrote:
<quoted text>
nope, didn't know that! But what the heck is a hack? don't know that either.
hack...an untalented professional

hack...someone displeasing

I could add more, but you should get the picture.

Sarah Jobe fits both above definitions.
Running Scared

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

good grief wrote:
<quoted text>
hack...an untalented professional
hack...someone displeasing
I could add more, but you should get the picture.
Sarah Jobe fits both above definitions.
I take it that Babb is threatened by Sarah Jobe.
Wooly Bullies

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Running Scared wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it that Babb is threatened by Sarah Jobe.
All like sheep are led astray, turned each one the union first way against our children first. You can take it for s-u-r-e that Babb is severely misled from the way of truth; and is mostly threatened by her complete lack of "critical thinking skills."
She just follows along after David Bowman, agreeing with whatever b-a-a-d performances that he puts her up to do.
Marco Polo

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Just Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
She was elected because of her steadfast stand on school transparency, accountability, and school fiscal responsibility. People responded to her message that we have enough money already, it is how the schools choose to allocate those funds that cause problems.
She is a crook...$900,000 in personal bad debt and she walks away leaving us to hold the bag! We should all be outraged! No thank you Ms. Kohls! You will be packing in November, and you're Mario brother bobble-head twins Rigano and Petroni will follow shortly!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 24,841 - 24,860 of31,007
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••