Gay marriage foes line up arguments in U.S. Supreme Court

Feb 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Willits News

In dozens of court briefs, organizations aligned against gay marriage urged the Supreme Court to uphold both Proposition 8, California's voter-approved ban on same-sex nuptials, and the federal government's 1996 law forbidding benefits for same-sex couples.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

I think it's well overdue that the government strips the eleven hundred rights heterosexuality married people get
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

... arguing that states have a right to define marriage and that courts should not interfere with the "integrity of their constitutions and democratic processes."

Hmmmm...... that sounds strangely familiar. Who used similar arguments in the past? Who could it be.....

And two State's Attornies General signed that statement? Telling the Court "not to interfere." ??? Is that called irony or hubris?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Happy Anniversary 1913 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the Ernst Rohm Eastern Homofascist view that 'lies' just underneath most homosexuals skin. Pre WWII Germany all over again with the same financeers at the top of the apex.
Do those 1100 rights include your own parents you no good bastard!
Give an inch....
I'm thinking something is missing here. It doesn't seem to make much sense as posted.

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking something is missing here. It doesn't seem to make much sense as posted.
Of course there's something missing ... brains!:)
Happy Anniversary 1913

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Well, I've been doing this for 5 years and have yet to have you or anyone else supporting this issue agree with me. If you don't know who Ernst Rohm is and the rights they took away from the citizens of Germany, 2nd amendment being one, free speech two, not to mention some of the financing and by whom that seem to fund 'both sides' of every fence and conflict everywhere they go then I can't help you. The path to righteousnes and spiritual healing starts by looking in the mirror and accepting the fact that your frailties have and will continue to jeapordize this nation.
Good luck.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Foes to marriage equality do not believe in "Liberty and justice for all", "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" or "Equal protection under the law", which makes me wonder why they live in the United States of America if they are so blatantly un-American.
Little Blue Alien

Cummington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

You're an idiot as well and prove so time and time again. It's morons like you polarizing this nation with perversion of children, abortion,'illegal' immigration, and guns. They bankrupted this nation and we may never recover.
Communists!
TheTroll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Little Blue Alien wrote:
Nothing worth repeating
Feel free to keep wallowing in your homophobic, racist, anti-Semitic hatred, bigot boy. The rest of the civilized world will just continue to pass you by, and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Enjoy your impotence! LOLAY!

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Happy Anniversary 1913 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the Ernst Rohm Eastern Homofascist view that 'lies' just underneath most homosexuals skin. Pre WWII Germany all over again with the same financeers at the top of the apex.
Do those 1100 rights include your own parents you no good bastard!
Give an inch....
Oh did I strike a nerve my dear! I'm not talking anything about the second amendment, or any other amendments for that fact, I am however referring to benefits and entitlements that's not even extended where marriage equality is law. And I'm a no good bastard for wanting my rights under the 14th amendment you hypocrite, and BTW I'm not giving one center meter AH

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody talks to him when he gets on that jag.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there's something missing ... brains!:)
LOL
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Little Blue Alien wrote:
You're an idiot as well and prove so time and time again. It's morons like you polarizing this nation with perversion of children, abortion,'illegal' immigration, and guns. They bankrupted this nation and we may never recover.
Communists!
What bankrupted this nation is 10+ years of a stupid war.
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>What bankrupted this nation is 10+ years of a stupid war.
he meant MORALLY bankrupt which is obvious to any breathing adult...

so are you a total fraud or just THAT dumb?
I say a lot of both.

Is that what makes you refuse to elaborate on what job you claim you did at GE?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••