Pope Francis orders overhaul of U.S. nuns to continue

Full story: The Washington Post

Nearly a year after the Vatican announced a makeover of the largest umbrella group for American nuns, Pope Francis has directed that the overhaul of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious continue.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Apr 19, 2013
Really

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

I think the pope should concentrate on getting the priest phedophiles straightened up first before he starts in on the nuns. I have never heard of a nun molesting a child, but I have heard more than I want to know about priests rapeing little boys.
Catholic Who Knows Nuns

Birmingham, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
I think the pope should concentrate on getting the priest phedophiles straightened up first before he starts in on the nuns. I have never heard of a nun molesting a child, but I have heard more than I want to know about priests rapeing little boys.
Bravo to our new pope these nuns are not really Catholic they want to change the Roman Catholic into some type of sect. Really, why don't they disassociate themselves and start their own church. Sad but truth the majority of the nuns in the USA have lost their way...Pray for them!

“Boot to the Head”

Since: Jul 08

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Who Knows Nuns wrote:
<quoted text>Bravo to our new pope these nuns are not really Catholic they want to change the Roman Catholic into some type of sect. Really, why don't they disassociate themselves and start their own church. Sad but truth the majority of the nuns in the USA have lost their way...Pray for them!
What happened to speaking the truth with love?

I don't know if the LCWR represents the majority of sisters and nuns. They are the majority of the leadership, which is scary.

The encouraging thing is that the more traditional orders are thriving and expanding, while the fringe elements continue to age fail to bring in young members.
UH-HUH

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

98% Of Catholic women use birth control {pills} is he going after them next?
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to speaking the truth with love?
I don't know if the LCWR represents the majority of sisters and nuns. They are the majority of the leadership, which is scary.
The encouraging thing is that the more traditional orders are thriving and expanding, while the fringe elements continue to age fail to bring in young members.
You are so right. Ever notice the nuns who are liberal are not getting new members? That the average age is fifty something? Notice the stricter Orders are young and thriving esp the cloistered nuns. I grew up with the Ursuline nuns as teachers and they were so liberal in the seventies my bishop asked them to leave. Now I hear several want to be priests! Wow. I notice to that the Order is dying out.

“Boot to the Head”

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

UH-HUH wrote:
98% Of Catholic women use birth control {pills} is he going after them next?
While use of contraceptives is a serious moral issue for a Catholic, and until recently was also considered out of bounds for protestant Christians, it does not rise to the level of preaching contrary to Church doctrine by vowed religious sisters.

Apples and oranges, both rotten, both probably well meaning.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
While use of contraceptives is a serious moral issue for a Catholic, and until recently was also considered out of bounds for protestant Christians, it does not rise to the level of preaching contrary to Church doctrine by vowed religious sisters.
Apples and oranges, both rotten, both probably well meaning.
Cathololic - Just stopped by to say hi; haven't seen you for a while. Hope you're doing okay :)

“Boot to the Head”

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Cathololic - Just stopped by to say hi; haven't seen you for a while. Hope you're doing okay :)
Doin fine, hope you are too.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Doin fine, hope you are too.
As well as can be expected, thanks :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr newpoly 49,427
Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple... 2 hr TomInElPaso 149
Church firing stirs up controversy over same-se... 2 hr Wondering 49
Today's News: Our Take - Melody Thomas Scott Di... (Apr '13) 5 hr dmw 45
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 5 hr the inside track 31,190
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 7 hr KiMare 24,864
Totus Tuus...all yours (Mar '12) 7 hr ELIAS IBARRA 152
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••