Washington holds first same-sex wedding

Dec 9, 2012 Full story: Detroit Free Press 94

SEATTLE -- Emily cried, Sarah choked up and 9-month-old Carter looked puzzled as camera shutters whirred when her moms were pronounced "legally wed" by Superior Court Judge Mary Yu at 12:04 a.m. today, making them the first same sex couple to be married in Washington state.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#1 Dec 9, 2012
HAIL WASHINGTON ! The JEWEL of Canada !

:)

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#2 Dec 9, 2012
I'm happy for them. :)
Jim

Rochester, NY

#4 Dec 9, 2012
Whahoo! Love triumphs! We weren't the first couple to marry in NY or even the first in Rochester but it really was a relief to have half of benefits and recognition. Now we just need the other half and maybe that will come this summer. No one ever kept us from marrying religiously or between each other, or in our own community and never will. But legal marriage is worth over a thousand very, very important life needs as a couple. We met after my spouce's wife died. He inhertited $1,000.00 per month from her soc. sec. and pension beause they were married. Even though we are married I will not inherit that from him because DOMA makes us legal strangers even though NY makes us a married couple. There are countless stories - equality hasn't happened yet. But we're getting closer to do the day when our tax dollars buy us the same benefits they buy opposite sex couples. Our kids are adults but I have 3 adopted and he had one from his hetero marriage. GLBT people are not childless.None of the arguments used to bash us to second class citizenship in a country where we're all suposedly equal work.Vote for more love and more marriage. Not less.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5 Dec 9, 2012
Jim wrote:
Whahoo! Love triumphs! We weren't the first couple to marry in NY or even the first in Rochester but it really was a relief to have half of benefits and recognition. Now we just need the other half and maybe that will come this summer. No one ever kept us from marrying religiously or between each other, or in our own community and never will. But legal marriage is worth over a thousand very, very important life needs as a couple. We met after my spouce's wife died. He inhertited $1,000.00 per month from her soc. sec. and pension beause they were married. Even though we are married I will not inherit that from him because DOMA makes us legal strangers even though NY makes us a married couple. There are countless stories - equality hasn't happened yet. But we're getting closer to do the day when our tax dollars buy us the same benefits they buy opposite sex couples. Our kids are adults but I have 3 adopted and he had one from his hetero marriage. GLBT people are not childless.None of the arguments used to bash us to second class citizenship in a country where we're all suposedly equal work.Vote for more love and more marriage. Not less.
Reality triumphs.

Love is never in conflict with reality.

There is no such thing as redundant gender marriage. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint of evolutionary mating behavior.

Quit trying to impose a imposter relationship on marriage. Even a child can see the difference, especially when one couple is mom and dad.

Smile.
interesting

AOL

#6 Dec 9, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is never in conflict with reality.
There is no such thing as redundant gender marriage. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint of evolutionary mating behavior.
Quit trying to impose a imposter relationship on marriage. Even a child can see the difference, especially when one couple is mom and dad.
Smile.
Your marriage contains redundant genders! Is your marriage an imposter relationship? Do your kids see you as dad and mom?

smirk

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#7 Dec 9, 2012
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Your marriage contains redundant genders! Is your marriage an imposter relationship? Do your kids see you as dad and mom?
smirk
Hardly. the straight man is married, the lesbian is not.

Do my children see me as mom and dad? That's as stupid as saying a child has two 'dads'. My wife is clearly the mother, she bore them.

You clearly could never get a letter certifying your sanity...

Smirk.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#8 Dec 9, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
......
Do my children see me as mom and dad? That's as stupid as saying a child has two 'dads'.
.......
Silly.
The children of gay couples see their parents as what they are.
Parents. Dads or Moms.
YOU may have a problem understanding. Kids do not.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#9 Dec 9, 2012
Hardly. the straight man is married, the lesbian is not.

Do my children see me as mom and dad? That's as stupid as saying a child has two 'dads'. My wife is clearly the mother, she bore them.

You clearly could never get a letter certifying your sanity...

Smirk.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly.
The children of gay couples see their parents as what they are.
Parents. Dads or Moms.
YOU may have a problem understanding. Kids do not.
Don't try to deprecate children with me.

Children quickly become aware that in a house with duplicate genders, they are missing one of the only parents they will ever have. Every father or mother's day they are painfully aware of that deprivation.

You are a sick bastard to assert children are as dumb as your denial. And to do that to them.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#10 Dec 9, 2012
I see that mangina man has decided to use it's deluded opinions here too.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#12 Dec 9, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Children see you freaks for what you are, Perverts.
Can't you come up with any new material?
You're boring us.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#21 Dec 9, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't change the facts just to suit you, you shiteater.
Better keep copying asstroll...might have to paste them all back again LOL
KiMare is a fraud

Italy

#27 Dec 9, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. the straight man is married, the lesbian is not.
Do my children see me as mom and dad? That's as stupid as saying a child has two 'dads'. My wife is clearly the mother, she bore them.
You clearly could never get a letter certifying your sanity...
Smirk.
Why would you bring children into this world if you are against gay marriage? You're a lesbian that makes you gay. When are you going to stop living the demeaning, unhealthy, violating lie of being a man when you are a gay woman?
Bark!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#29 Dec 10, 2012
KiMare is a fraud wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you bring children into this world if you are against gay marriage? You're a lesbian that makes you gay. When are you going to stop living the demeaning, unhealthy, violating lie of being a man when you are a gay woman?
Bark!
Why would you post stupid drival on here?

Do you think it helps you or your cause?

Does it cover the fact that you have NO facts to counter my two simple points;

1. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

2. Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

What happens if you face reality fully? It is hard either way, but you aren't asking the whole world to pretend with you.

:-)

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#30 Dec 10, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you post stupid drival on here?
Do you think it helps you or your cause?
Does it cover the fact that you have NO facts to counter my two simple points;
1. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
2. Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
What happens if you face reality fully? It is hard either way, but you aren't asking the whole world to pretend with you.
:-)
1. It's not
2. It's not

There, wasn't that easy?
The words you use to describe things are your own personal opinion, not based in fact.
Give us sources to professional sources using your exact words, or they will remain to be your uneducated opinion.

You can't force your Stockholm syndrome on anyone here, Mangina Man.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#31 Dec 10, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't change the facts just to suit you, you shiteater.
Please, you know you have no facts and haven't made a single point.
Again, you boreeeeeee...zzzzz...
...oh, I was talking...oh yeah:
You bore us.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#32 Dec 10, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Children see you freaks for what you are, Perverts.
Silly troll.

Fortunately, children aren't born with the irrationality you show - they need to be carefully taught to hate.

And fortunately, each day, there are fewer of your kind doing that.

You loose, silly one.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#33 Dec 10, 2012
The trolls cant rant, rave, and post the imaginings of their twisted little minds, but they are loosing.

And will continue to lose.

I'm sure it's painful for them, but, eventually they will find other hobbies.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#36 Dec 10, 2012
Congrats to all good people of Washington!

Slow and steady progress continues toward inevitability.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#38 Dec 10, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you post stupid drival on here?
Do you think it helps you or your cause?
Does it cover the fact that you have NO facts to counter my two simple points;
1. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
2. Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
What happens if you face reality fully? It is hard either way, but you aren't asking the whole world to pretend with you.
:-)
Can you explain why folks of your ilk constantly, repeatedly fixate on anal sex? Do you really think that that is all we do? Or even that we all participate in that action? And who are you to decide what is dangerous or demeaning for someone else? Who set you up as the moral or medical authority on what other people do? Wow, are you feeling self-important!

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#39 Dec 10, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
HaHaHaHaHa. You fking ASSTROLL, you're way behind times Stupid. It happens every day. HaHaHaHaHa. LMFAO
Then your more of an idiot that I thought...Don't you know what your doing is hate speech and that's why their deleted? Day after day you post non constructive hate and ignorance..You're a sad excuse for oxygen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 7 min RevKen 50
Critics Claim Religious Freedom Act Legalizes B... 1 hr scs2011 11
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 hr hal 26,733
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Justice1313 51,253
Zen Buddhist Temple in Japan Offers Symbolic Sa... 8 hr Switches 36
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 8 hr array 179
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) 11 hr Brian_G 1,907
More from around the web