A Decade After Mass. Ruling, Gay Marr...

A Decade After Mass. Ruling, Gay Marriage Gains

There are 338 comments on the CBS Local story from Nov 16, 2013, titled A Decade After Mass. Ruling, Gay Marriage Gains. In it, CBS Local reports that:

In the decade since the highest court in Massachusetts issued its landmark ruling legalizing same-sex marriage, 14 other states and the District of Columbia have legalized it, with Illinois poised to become the 16th in a few days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#319 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
How is not teaching about homosexuals training kids to hate?
Why do think every straight parent spends time teaching their kids to hate you? They don't care about you. Your stigma is showing.
Teaching diversity and teaching about homosexuals are two different things. Again your stretching of the truth makes you sound like a fool.

Just where did I say "every straight parent"? Again you stretch your version of the truth to fit your need. Are you a bigot or not? Sure looks like it. I'm beginning to think you celebrate Gay kids killing themselves.

El Paso, TX

#320 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Acknowledgement is no problem. Teaching it is another matter.
Special attention:
GSA's
GLSEN
Gay day of silence.
Gay pride days.
Elimination of father/daughter dances in RI public schools.
Elimination of mother/son ball games in RI public schools.
The teaching of select gay history in CA schools, select because they don't want the whole story told, just whatever positive stuff there may be.
Yet again your attempts to stretch truth makes you look the fool.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#321 Nov 25, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
List what's false.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#322 Nov 25, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaching diversity and teaching about homosexuals are two different things.
Hey, you got one right.

El Paso, TX

#323 Nov 25, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
The first four are voluntary participations.

The R I issues are a red herring and the teaching of Gay accomplishments is as much a part of history as black or Latino accomplishment, it's called inclusion. Something that only bigoted angry white men knot their underwear about. You like tea don't you?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#324 Nov 25, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
The first four are voluntary participations.
The R I issues are a red herring and the teaching of Gay accomplishments is as much a part of history as black or Latino accomplishment, it's called inclusion. Something that only bigoted angry white men knot their underwear about. You like tea don't you?
It's not called inclusion. There are gay blacks and gay Latinos, they're represented as people, not straight or gay people, just people. You weird azzholes want to bring your sexuality into it.
By your logic we should include teaching about people with a fetish for sheep.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#325 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
How is not teaching about homosexuals training kids to hate?
Why do think every straight parent spends time teaching their kids to hate you? They don't care about you. Your stigma is showing.
Only bigoted parents like you teach their kids to hate.

That's why we need these programs in school to counter what you & your fellow bigots teach at home.

El Paso, TX

#326 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not called inclusion. There are gay blacks and gay Latinos, they're represented as people, not straight or gay people, just people. You weird azzholes want to bring your sexuality into it.
Why are you so angry? It's very bad for the immune system for a man of your age.

Tawas City, Michigan

#327 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Little boys don't know because they don't get an erection when Mr. Smith bends over to pick up a dropped pencil yet. They haven't reached puberty and decided who they're attracted to.
Ummm, I knew which gender I was attracted to before I ever reached puberty. Many other gays & lesbians I know said the same thing.

Tawas City, Michigan

#328 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Little boys don't know because they don't get an erection when Mr. Smith bends over to pick up a dropped pencil yet. They haven't reached puberty and decided who they're attracted to.
Btw, many little girls know as well, but as a typical anti-gay you're only focused on the boys & their erection for some reason.

Tawas City, Michigan

#329 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't ignored. The get the same book, teachers, classrooms, etc. that all kids get.
Actually they ARE often ignored. Most teachers pretend gay kids don't even exist, or that no kids have same-sex parents.

Which is exactly why these programs are necessary.

Tawas City, Michigan

#330 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Special attention:
GSA's
GLSEN
Gay day of silence.
Gay pride days.
The teaching of select gay history in CA schools, select because they don't want the whole story told, just whatever positive stuff there may be.
Teaching is their job.

Since we teach select straight history, why not select gay history?

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#331 Nov 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Btw, many little girls know as well, but as a typical anti-gay you're only focused on the boys & their erection for some reason.
It's because what men do together sexually is 'icky', what women do together sexually is 'hot'!

Tawas City, Michigan

#332 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Special attention:
GSA's
GLSEN
Gay day of silence.
Gay pride days.
Did they have mother/daughter dances? Or father/son dances? Or father/daughter ball games? Or mother/daughter ball games?

If not, then it was discriminatory.

Tawas City, Michigan

#333 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
We teach about heteros all the time.

No reason not to teach about gay people as well.

Except your bigotry of course...

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#335 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Special attention:
GSA's
GLSEN
Gay day of silence.
Gay pride days.
Well, look at you thinking you are going to be clever or something. LOL!! Let’s look at this claptrap list of yours shall we?

GSA’s? Um, are you aware of what a GSA is? It’s an organization for the alliance of STRAIGHT AND GAYS. Notice how that’s not just gays dickwad? It’s a club, not a curriculum, and attendance is totally by choice. This would be providing “special treatment” about as much as the Drama Club would be providing special treatment for those with acting skills. Nice try, but that would be an epic fail on your part. What’s next?

GLSEN. Um, you’ll need to be more specific in your rhetoric. GLSEN is an organization, not a school curriculum or school club. They provide resources to those that request them. Nothing special about that.

GAY DAY OF SILENCE. This totally voluntary event provides “special” attention to gays about as much as a Sady Hawkins dance provides special attention to aggressive girls, or St. Patrick Day provides special attention to the Irish. Oh, don’t forget about Cinco de Mayo, or Juneteenth too. You know, those days where we push the specialness of Latinos and blacks. Hey, what about Women’s History Month or Black History Months? Yeah, nice try. You’ll need to provide some literature that is associated with the Day of Silence and demonstrate how it insists that gays are Special. You’ve failed to demonstrate how the day itself does so.

GAY PRIDE DAYS. See above. No different than Black History Month, Juneteenth, Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick’s Day or Native American Day. You seem to be trying to convince yourself that recognition expresses specialness.

ELIMINATION OF FATHER/DAUGHTER DANCES IN RI PUBLIC SCHOOLS.
ELIMINATION OF MOTHER/SON BALL GAMES IN RI PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Please provide specifics as to how this raises gays up as being special? I don’t see a correlation whatsoever. All I see is a fundie parroting very poorly arranged rhetorical talking points.

THE TEACHING OF SELECT GAY HISTORY IN CA SCHOOLS - What part of the whole story is it that you think is being omitted? I love when you fundies try and pass this bullshyt claim off!!! Aw, poor babies, all upset because Leviticus won’t be taught in the public school system, and not one damn fundie anywhere has been able to present a reason that sexual orientation should come with a pre-assigned moral factor!!!!!! Sucks to be you!! Oh, and teaching gay history doesn’t equate to elevating gays as special. No more than teaching about suffragists makes females special.

That was an absolute FAIL on your part to demonstrate how any of these prepackaged responses demonstrates “specialness”. Feel free to try again dear. Perhaps on your second go around, you could also indicate what these horrible “teachings” are that you mentioned as well!! Were you indicating that homosexuality is going to be taught?!!! What exactly were you trying to say, because I can’t wait to bitch slap that nonsense down too!!

Oh, and I notice you cowardly knocked out two of the counter questions from the post you were responding to, so I’ll add them back in for you.

And you know they don’t even know [they are gay] yet because of what information?

What activity is it exactly that straight kids and families are being forced to participate in? Please be specific about the activity.

Location hidden

#338 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Please supply the peer reviewed research that indicates that erections are the indicator of one's sexual orientation.

Waiting...

Waiting...

Waiting...

(ppsssssst - Ignorant straight people that that don't know jack shyt about what is being discussed here are always hilarious!!! Keep it up bubba, you are representing your ilk perfectly!! We gays appreciate people like you being as loud as you are!!! It helps us get GSA and gay history in our schools!!!!)

Oh, and as always, your obsession of gay males, as opposed to all gay people, speaks volumes about you.

Location hidden

#339 Nov 25, 2013
Not sure what's up with that triple post. Sorry about that.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#340 Nov 25, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so angry? It's very bad for the immune system for a man of your age.
I'm not angry. I visit these forums for laughs. You never disappoint.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#341 Nov 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, look at you thinking you are going to be clever or something. LOL!! Let’s look at this claptrap list of yours shall we?
GSA’s? Um, are you aware of what a GSA is? It’s an organization for the alliance of STRAIGHT AND GAYS. Notice how that’s not just gays dickwad? It’s a club, not a curriculum, and attendance is totally by choice. This would be providing “special treatment” about as much as the Drama Club would be providing special treatment for those with acting skills. Nice try, but that would be an epic fail on your part. What’s next?
GLSEN. Um, you’ll need to be more specific in your rhetoric. GLSEN is an organization, not a school curriculum or school club. They provide resources to those that request them. Nothing special about that.
GAY DAY OF SILENCE. This totally voluntary event provides “special” attention to gays about as much as a Sady Hawkins dance provides special attention to aggressive girls, or St. Patrick Day provides special attention to the Irish. Oh, don’t forget about Cinco de Mayo, or Juneteenth too. You know, those days where we push the specialness of Latinos and blacks. Hey, what about Women’s History Month or Black History Months? Yeah, nice try. You’ll need to provide some literature that is associated with the Day of Silence and demonstrate how it insists that gays are Special. You’ve failed to demonstrate how the day itself does so.
GAY PRIDE DAYS. See above. No different than Black History Month, Juneteenth, Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick’s Day or Native American Day. You seem to be trying to convince yourself that recognition expresses specialness.
ELIMINATION OF FATHER/DAUGHTER DANCES IN RI PUBLIC SCHOOLS.
ELIMINATION OF MOTHER/SON BALL GAMES IN RI PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Please provide specifics as to how this raises gays up as being special? I don’t see a correlation whatsoever. All I see is a fundie parroting very poorly arranged rhetorical talking points.
THE TEACHING OF SELECT GAY HISTORY IN CA SCHOOLS - What part of the whole story is it that you think is being omitted? I love when you fundies try and pass this bullshyt claim off!!! Aw, poor babies, all upset because Leviticus won’t be taught in the public school system, and not one damn fundie anywhere has been able to present a reason that sexual orientation should come with a pre-assigned moral factor!!!!!! Sucks to be you!! Oh, and teaching gay history doesn’t equate to elevating gays as special. No more than teaching about suffragists makes females special.
That was an absolute FAIL on your part to demonstrate how any of these prepackaged responses demonstrates “specialness”. Feel free to try again dear. Perhaps on your second go around, you could also indicate what these horrible “teachings” are that you mentioned as well!! Were you indicating that homosexuality is going to be taught?!!! What exactly were you trying to say, because I can’t wait to bitch slap that nonsense down too!!
Oh, and I notice you cowardly knocked out two of the counter questions from the post you were responding to, so I’ll add them back in for you.
And you know they don’t even know [they are gay] yet because of what information?
What activity is it exactly that straight kids and families are being forced to participate in? Please be specific about the activity.
Your post is too long, I know I won't agree with you so why read it. Keep them short. I really don't care for chatty old ladies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... 11 min Conrad 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 hr cpeter1313 6,803
News Intimidation allegations mar Ontario PC candida... 11 hr nasty bunch 1
News MIA gay marriage heroes 19 hr The Troll Stopper 4
News Bar patrons keep drinking during armed robbery Thu cantread 3
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Thu Prince 31,998
News Lorrie Morgan & Sammy Kershaw to Divorce (Oct '07) Jun 20 Kenny Davis 31
More from around the web