France: 'Mosque for gays'

Nov 21, 2012 | Posted by: Joe DeCaro | Full story: www.albawaba.com

An Algerian homosexual man is planning to open a “mosque for gays” in France by the end of the month, which sets to be a place of worship for Friday prayers at first, then will hold same-sex Muslim marriages ...

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of507
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
aiesha s

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting virgin birth aside, there are many flaws in your explanations.
By the way, I was raised in a catholic family and practised until I left home at 17.
Christians cross themselves by saying "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Amen", Don't they?
Furthermore, the Holy Trinity, again the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost -spirit as you say- is part of the Christian dogma. Is that correct?
The New Testament teaches us that God sent his Son on earth to die on the cross, resurrect and come back to him, etc...
Thus, God, this god, took human appearance which can be interpreted as Living God. Like the Emperor of Japan pre-WWII.
The role of the Holy ...Spirit? Well, he made Mary pregnant, apparently. Spectacular no?
All this is well documented, and formed the dogma of the Roman Catholic Church, which has, I believe, interpreted the scriptures and somehow embelished them when Christianity became Rome's state religion. To me, all this make Christianity a polytheistic religion.
I believed in all that, until I was show the errors of my way.
I still believe in God, but I left the Catholic Church and its fairy tales. The idea of a creator is enough for me, and I don't need any folklore around it.
I don't want to get into a long theological discussion here.

Not ALL Christians "cross themselves by saying "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost." i'm a devout and proud PROTESTANT, and as faras I know, ONLY Roman Catholics do that sort of thing. I've attended Protestant churches of many different denominations over the years, and I cannot recall a lay Protestant EVER doing that. It's just not done. It's a Catholic thing.

As far as The Holy Trinity is concerned, there are a great many view son that among Protestants, and it belongs which Protestant denomination you belong to, and even within a single Protestant denomination, there is frequently disagreement about that. The Bible does not say that Jesus Of Nazareth is or was God, because it says he was the SON OF GOD. And Jesus certainly never claimed TO BE GOD. The Bible says that Yahweh sent Teh Holy Ghost (or The Holy Spirit). It does NOT say that The Holy Ghost is or was God.

I'm a church-going Lutheran and am, and have been for many decades VERY ANTI-CATHOLIC, for many reasons, and proud of it. The Roman Catholic Church has often invented things out of nothing and proclaimed them as dogma. Hence the need for Protestantism !

:)

A good example of that is the Roman Catholic dogma of "The Immaculate Conception", whcih I believe was proclaimed as dogma by the RCC only as late as the mid-19th century. That dogma is not fund ANYWHERE in the bible.

If you escaped Roman Catholicism, I congratulate you, but I think you need to study The Bible, and literature on the bible and Christianity to learn about it.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Old Pom wrote:
<quoted text>
T.E. Lawrence, known as Lawrence of Arabia, devoted a large part of the first chapter of his book, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom, to muslim homosexuality.
According to him it is rampant, explained by several factors, including.
That some men have 4 wives, the rich their concubines, leaves a shortage of women.
That their lifestyle does not encourage a normal home life as we now know it, with men away together for long periods of time.
It also partly explains the reason for the harshness of women's punishment for adultery. No man can keep several women satisfied, however large their ego. Add in the availability of sex starved men and affairs will result.
And of course its the woman's fault
Well, you be highlighting something that TEL noticed in Arabia at the time, but I doubt very much it's "rampant" among the Muslim world.
For a start, although polygamy was existing, and still is, it's not as widespread as you think. To have several wives (up to 4 permitted at any one time), a man had to be able to support them and their children; that was a small minority at the time, and it still is in Saudi Arabia now. Only the very wealthy can afford several wives!
Many men that couldn't support more than one wife, but most men managed to find one to satisfy their needs: widows, older women, poor ones, slaves, etc...

Homosexuality was very harshly punished then, as it is now. Death was often the inevitable sentence for anyone caught. Maybe you should ask the Arab homosexuals in the West if they would have dared to "come out" in their country? I know the answer...

On that subject, I suspect TEL exagerated somehow; wasn't he suspected to be homosexual himself? Lawrence's account of his military feats in Arabia has also come under scrutiny. He wrote that he crossed one part of the desert overnight, in one chapter, something that several attempts have proved impossible to repeat in less than ... 3 days! But, it's such a good yarn ...
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to get into a long theological discussion here.
Not ALL Christians "cross themselves by saying "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost." i'm a devout and proud PROTESTANT, and as faras I know, ONLY Roman Catholics do that sort of thing. I've attended Protestant churches of many different denominations over the years, and I cannot recall a lay Protestant EVER doing that. It's just not done. It's a Catholic thing.
As far as The Holy Trinity is concerned, there are a great many view son that among Protestants, and it belongs which Protestant denomination you belong to, and even within a single Protestant denomination, there is frequently disagreement about that. The Bible does not say that Jesus Of Nazareth is or was God, because it says he was the SON OF GOD. And Jesus certainly never claimed TO BE GOD. The Bible says that Yahweh sent Teh Holy Ghost (or The Holy Spirit). It does NOT say that The Holy Ghost is or was God.
I'm a church-going Lutheran and am, and have been for many decades VERY ANTI-CATHOLIC, for many reasons, and proud of it. The Roman Catholic Church has often invented things out of nothing and proclaimed them as dogma. Hence the need for Protestantism !
:)
A good example of that is the Roman Catholic dogma of "The Immaculate Conception", whcih I believe was proclaimed as dogma by the RCC only as late as the mid-19th century. That dogma is not fund ANYWHERE in the bible.
If you escaped Roman Catholicism, I congratulate you, but I think you need to study The Bible, and literature on the bible and Christianity to learn about it.
Well, the Roman Catholic dogma was formed in the early centuries when Emperor Constantin decided to adopt what was originaly a Jewish cult, as state religion. The early popes and bishops had to fit the christian beliefs in the existing Roman beliefs, hence the adoption of a multi-headed God, the cult of Mary (to mimick Venus), the saints, the myth of the virgin birth (virgin priestesses were revered in Rome), the infalability of the Pope (absolute power of the Emperor), the dates for Xmas, Easter, Lent, etc...

Protestants may be different. I think they don't believe in the Immaculate Conception, the saints, the pope, etc... There is a lot of austerity in lutheranism or calvinism.
My criticism would be that protestants nowadays do "religion a la carte" and alter the rules to suit their taste. In some countries, they believe in women priesthood, accept homosexuality, divorce, contraception, abortion, even euthanasia!
The Catholic Church at least sticks to its dogma: if you don't like it, you leave. I did.

“ WOOF !”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Roman Catholic dogma was formed in the early centuries when Emperor Constantin decided to adopt what was originaly a Jewish cult, as state religion. The early popes and bishops had to fit the christian beliefs in the existing Roman beliefs, hence the adoption of a multi-headed God, the cult of Mary (to mimick Venus), the saints, the myth of the virgin birth (virgin priestesses were revered in Rome), the infalability of the Pope (absolute power of the Emperor), the dates for Xmas, Easter, Lent, etc...
Protestants may be different. I think they don't believe in the Immaculate Conception, the saints, the pope, etc... There is a lot of austerity in lutheranism or calvinism.
My criticism would be that protestants nowadays do "religion a la carte" and alter the rules to suit their taste. In some countries, they believe in women priesthood, accept homosexuality, divorce, contraception, abortion, even euthanasia!
The Catholic Church at least sticks to its dogma: if you don't like it, you leave. I did.
Not ALL Roman catholic dogma is ancient. This is the early 21st century, yet the RCC did not proclaim the Imamculate Conception as dogma until only 150 years ago.

And to say that the RCC sticks to it's dogma is simply not true. They've made major changes in only the years.

I was born and rasied Lutheran and attended a Lutheran grade school in Queens Village, NY. MOST of my friends were Roman Catholic and attended the Roman Catholic school just up Springfield Boulevard from where my Lutheran church and school are located (The church adn school are both still active).

I remember that my Catholic friends: 1. COULDN'T SET FOOT IN A PROTESTANT CHURCH. 2. COULDN'T EAT MEAT ON FRIDAYS. 3. THE MASS WAS SAID IN LATIN, NOT ENGLISH (even thoogh the Romans of Jesus' time spoke Greek, NOT Latin). So DON'T tell me that the RCC "sticks to its dogma", as there have been OBVIOUS MAJAOR CHANGES in the RCC in just the past 50 years.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember that my Catholic friends: 1. COULDN'T SET FOOT IN A PROTESTANT CHURCH. 2. COULDN'T EAT MEAT ON FRIDAYS. 3. THE MASS WAS SAID IN LATIN, NOT ENGLISH (even thoogh the Romans of Jesus' time spoke Greek, NOT Latin). So DON'T tell me that the RCC "sticks to its dogma", as there have been OBVIOUS MAJAOR CHANGES in the RCC in just the past 50 years.
You are right in many things you said.
By the same token, many protestants were prevented from entering a Catholic Church.

There was a case a few years ago, where a High Court Judge in Scotland was excommuniated from the Presbyterian Church because he had attended the funeral of a colleague in a Roman catholic Church! That made headlines in the media, and attracted quite a lot of bad publicity for the Presbyterians!

Right about the NO MEAT on Friday. That was to make people eat fish once a week at least. The RCC had introduced that during the Middle Age, I believe, to counter the lack of some much needed nutrients in the diet of ordinary folks. It developed the fishing industry and allowed people who couldn't afford it before to eat fish. So that's not a bad idea.

Mass was said in latin, so that the same mass was said anywhere in the world. That was for a sense of unity. Latin was widely spoken up to the Middle Age, and was the language prefered for law, medecine, etc... TRue catholic learnt some latin at school before.

But those are just details.

The RCC dogma itself hardly changed, if at all.
The sanctity of life forbids contraception, abortion, euthanasia. Not in some Protestant churches.
Priesthood is only for men. Not in some protestant churches.
Marriage is indivisible, hence divorce not accepted. Not in some protestant churches.

Also, the Roman Catholic Church is indivisible: there is only one.
Compared to that, there is a myriad of protestant churches: lutherian, calvinist, reformed, evangelist, methodist, etc... and sometimes different churches from country to country. It's absolutely mindboggling.
Yourself, you tell me that the basic dogma is different depending from which denomination you attemd! Can't imagine that.

Protestants do religion "a la carte". They modernise, they tinker with the dogma. They bend the rules. They decide the rules among themselves! You can't have democracy in religion.

I am not praising the Catholic Church, which I rejected, but I think protestants are much worse. Sorry!
To me, they are Christian dissidents, no more...
They don't have unity; they don't form a community at world level.
I would never have considered joining a protestant church.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
... Christians, Jews, and Muslims ALL worship the SAME God, who is Yahweh, The Creator Of All Things.
No, they don't: allah is the "odd god" out.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
According to whom dear?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
According to whom ...
... posted the self-proclaimed polytheist.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
... posted the self-proclaimed polytheist.
Yes it was dear, now answer the question.
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the Islam share most of its prophets with Judaism and Christianity, explain how their God is the odd one out.

Prophets in Islam

Adam

Idris (Enocha)

Noah

Hud (Ebera)

Saleh

Abraham

Lot

Ishmael

Isaac

Jacob

Joseph

Job

Shuayb (Jethroa)

Moses

Aaron

David

Solomon

Elijah

Elisha

Jonah

Dhul-Kifl (Ezekiela)

Zechariah

John the Baptist

Jesus

Muhammad

“ WOOF !”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue. People of all three religions worship ONLY Yahweh.
Miss Science Geek

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

What is this guy doing following intolerant Islam? I'd think some muzzies would've killed him by now...
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I have never heard the word Yahweh pronounced when I attended the Catholic Church, only God. But that was some time ago, and things may have changed since.

I am also sure the Muslims pray Allah and not Yahweh.

Yahweh (which is Hebrew, no?) is part of Judaism, as far as I know.

Do you use the noun Yahweh in the Lutheran Church?
Ameer

Aurora, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormons are polytheistic also.
Christians are NOT polytheistic. Christians, Jews, and Muslims ALL worship the SAME God, who is Yahweh, The Creator Of All Things.
Not true. Only Christians and Jews worship Jehowah. We Muslims worship only Allah.
Alexanddre

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

christianity was written by the jew and spread around europe by the jew. we owe a great debt to the jew.

islam copies parts of judaism and christianity and produces this fraud that is the koran. the koran was not written by the jew, but it copies the jew. it is a caricature copy and full of violent hatred

but it serves to tame the arab who is wild and aggressive by nature.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Alexanddre wrote:
christianity was written by the jew and spread around europe by the jew. we owe a great debt to the jew.
islam copies parts of judaism and christianity and produces this fraud that is the koran. the koran was not written by the jew, but it copies the jew. it is a caricature copy and full of violent hatred
but it serves to tame the arab who is wild and aggressive by nature.
I wonder if Mohammed paid copyrights to the Jews...
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Ameer wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Only Christians and Jews worship Jehowah. We Muslims worship only Allah.
I was a Catholic before, and I used to pray God, not Jehowah.
As far as I know Jehowah is a Jewish name in the Old Testament.
But I think the Jews rather say Yahweh.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims call their god "allah" and allah has nothing in common with the biblical diety.

Christians worship a tri-une godhead.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
According to whom ...?
The Bible -- see above.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Alexanddre wrote:
Only ONE Jew?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of507
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••