A Canadian pope? Ouellet touted as am...

A Canadian pope? Ouellet touted as among leading candidates to succeed Benedict

There are 11 comments on the Canada.com story from Feb 11, 2013, titled A Canadian pope? Ouellet touted as among leading candidates to succeed Benedict. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Prime Minister Harper says he's shocked to hear Pope Benedict is renouncing the papacy due to his declining health.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

another pedo pope

Toronto, Canada

#1 Feb 11, 2013
Another pedo pope will take the Chair of Saint Peter. Too bad they can't keep their peters in their robes.

Toronto, Canada

#3 Feb 13, 2013

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 14, 2013
I don't think it will be a Canadian pope. I can see why Canadians would hope that, but you have to look at what is important to THIS pope because you can be sure he has done all he can to create a college of cardinals that will take the church and the papacy in the direction he thinks it should go.

On few things are images more symbolic or as personally representative than on a coat of arms. The symbols are carefully chosen and simplified to say,“This is who I am. This is my personal and professional logo.” Among the roughly one-hundred coats of arms designed for popes, Benedict XVI’s is the only one to feature a human being. The left side of his shield bears the head of a black man wearing a crown. Many have asked questions about why this unusual charge, as such images on a shield are called, is there. Parts of Benedict XVI’s coat of arms are typical to papal coats of arms. At the crest is the papal crown. On all other coats of arms, the papal tiara is used, but Benedict XVI chose the mitre of the Bishop of Rome. Behind the shield one always finds the “Keys of Heaven,” spoken of in the Book of Revelation and understood by Catholics as given from Christ to Peter as the symbol of papal authority. It is the shield in the coat of arms that represents the individual most of all.

The Black man with the crown is the “Moor of Freising” from the coat of arms of the Archdiocese of Munich and Freising where Joseph Ratzinger was archbishop sometime prior to becoming pope. The bear on the right represents the patron saint of Munich and Freising. So, these may only be there to connect Benedict XVI to his former career path and homeland. The pope’s own written comments on the subject indicate he doesn’t know where the image came from originally, but apparently he liked it. In his 1998 book Milestones: Memoirs 1927-1977, he wrote,“For me,[the African king] is an expression of the universality of the Church.”

If that universality is so central to him as a person that he wanted it on his coat of arms, he may want to see that universality expressed more concretely in the Church via the election of a black pope. He may want to “see that through,” so to speak.

If you want to hear more about the ways this potential Black pope looks highly probable and even how he fits in with an 800-year-old prophecy, I've written more about it than I can share here:

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

#5 Feb 14, 2013
Big deal. Some idiot in a funny hat thinking he's God's personal messenger. Probably the only job that requires a bigger ego than a politician.
jesuschrist blows donkeys

Lake Ariel, PA

#6 Feb 15, 2013
a canadian pope can make sure to molest the seals and penguins.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

#7 Feb 15, 2013
jesuschrist blows donkeys wrote:
a canadian pope can make sure to molest the seals and penguins.
Penguins? Do you even know where Canada is located?

Since: Oct 11

Kingston, Canada

#8 Feb 16, 2013
But would he bless the Habs? The Penguins have Syd the Kid and that's blessing enough!
Pope Bubba the 1st

Cantonment, FL

#9 Feb 16, 2013

Pope Jean Pierre?

Pope Basil Marc-Antoine?

Get real. Ain't happenin'.

Pitt Meadows, Canada

#10 Feb 16, 2013
Pope Benedict 16th, is a smart and highly spiritual man.The office of the Pope has alot of responsibility-it's alot of work to be the Bishop of Rome!.
pedo pope

Toronto, Canada

#11 Feb 16, 2013
What responsibility is that? They seem to deny responsibility whenever their involvement in shuffling pedo popes around between different perishes is exposed.
Pope Bubba the 1st

Cantonment, FL

#12 Feb 16, 2013
No more shell games or 3-card Monty with those guys!

I'm Pope Bubba the 1st, and I approved this message.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shariah Marches on in Florida and New York 37 min Fororo 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr True Christian wi... 4,495
News Mormons preach love for LGBT members, but no do... 2 hr Gordon 52
News Could Taiwan be first in Asia with same-sex mar... 12 hr TW_sugar_daddio 17
News Trooper's widow urges voters to reject legalizi... 23 hr WasteWater 1
News The fight for religious liberty Wed lides 38
News Young Entrepreneur and CNY Native Brings New Bu... Mon Wake up 6
More from around the web