'Sister Wives' family humbled by polygamy ruling

There are 25 comments on the WTOP-FM Washington story from Jan 12, 2014, titled 'Sister Wives' family humbled by polygamy ruling. In it, WTOP-FM Washington reports that:

There was no fist-pumping or wild celebrations by the polygamous family that stars in the TLC reality TV show "Sister Wives" when a federal judge in Utah struck down key parts of the state's polygamy laws.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOP-FM Washington.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1 Jan 12, 2014
I don't know who is more pathetic.
The women who have settled for a life of sharing the same penis or the idiot who thinks 4 wives are better than one.

They are all mouth breathing morons.

“Don't Mess With Texas ”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#3 Jan 12, 2014
x0x0x wrote:
The women who have settled for a life of sharing the same penis or the idiot who thinks 4 wives are better than one.
This a great example of the unintended consequences of gay marriage! Wait for it folks there is more to follow!
Miles

Detroit, MI

#4 Jan 12, 2014
These types of people in society are the same ones who think the rules don't apply to them. So anyone that supports these types of behavior in our society should be removed any way necessary!! When will it stop!!

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#5 Jan 12, 2014
Miles wrote:
These types of people in society are the same ones who think the rules don't apply to them. So anyone that supports these types of behavior in our society should be removed any way necessary!! When will it stop!!
When all the haters(Christians) are Raptured or get their heads chopped off in FEMA camps. Enjoy the Tribulation!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 Jan 12, 2014
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
This a great example of the unintended consequences of gay marriage! Wait for it folks there is more to follow!
How does a loving committed same-sex couple getting married have anything to do with a misogynistic a-hole wanting to control 4 women?

Most men can't stand having ONE wife, much less want 3 more nagging him 24/7.
Vino Veritas

Schenectady, NY

#7 Jan 12, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a loving committed same-sex couple getting married have anything to do with a misogynistic a-hole wanting to control 4 women?
How does a committed plural marital arrangement, of consenting adults, being legally recognized have anything to do with two men, or two women wanting the state to recognize their relationships as "marriage"?

“Don't Mess With Texas ”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 12, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are going to demonize one while praising the other? Sounds like a hypocrite talking to me! Love is love ,isn't it?
Barry McLaughlin

Hanoi, Vietnam

#9 Jan 12, 2014
x0x0x wrote:
it's dat bishop Mitt or BO pastor photo with Chil-fil-A of BYU school!!;-0
Barry McLaughlin

Hanoi, Vietnam

#10 Jan 12, 2014
WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>When all the haters(Christians) are Raptured or get their heads chopped off in FEMA camps. Enjoy the Tribulation!
dat photo included in BO Hillcare benefit?;-000h, watta Fox5som show!! ;-00
Barry McLaughlin

Hanoi, Vietnam

#11 Jan 12, 2014
Miles wrote:
God Bless Wife or God bless U?!!;-00h, God Bmore Chil-fill-Amen;-000
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#12 Jan 13, 2014
I'd rather see one man married to four women, than one unmarried man making babies with multiple women and NOT taking responsibilities for his babies.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#13 Jan 13, 2014
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, the marriages of gays are now recognized in 18 countries and have been for over 12 years, and in not one of those countries has polygamy been legalized or is it being considered.

And yet, when the legal battle over Prop 8 was being waged, this slippery slope argument was presented and dismissed by the court as having no correlation.

And yet, the laws preventing gays from marrying are not the same laws preventing people from having multiple marriages. Thus corrections to one set of laws won't have any effect on the other sets of laws.

The only people pretending there is a connections between the marriages of gay people and other people having multiple marriages are the people that can't establish a valid reason to deny gays the right to marry.

But feel free to present some statistical data from the past 12 years that shows how your statement can be supported!!!
dmw

Newark, NJ

#14 Jan 19, 2014
How is truely brown?
Christine & Cody child
angelabagaas

Federal Way, WA

#15 Jan 18, 2015
x0x0x wrote:
I agree I don't know why a woman would allow herself to believe that she does not deserve a man to give him all of her but rather asks that he be shared. Bottom line he is not God so he can not take some mighty position similar position of sharing. OK so "love should be multiplied not divided." What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If I'm a wife I'm going to be taking multiple partners, cuz hey padner (slang) it works for you and it works for me.

These women need to raise up and realize they need a man that will love them and only them and keep the rotation for when your doing that single unaccountable thing. You don't keep sewing your wild oats in marriage and try to tell people it't not exactly that.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#16 Feb 6, 2015
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
People marrying their sex toys is next I reckon.
One

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Feb 7, 2015
Nothing is wrong with consenting people participating in a marriage with multiple spouses of any gender. Arranged marriages are a different story but that has nothing to do with this. Slippery slope arguments like people marrying animals, dead people, or sex toys are not valid because those cannot give consent much less file for a marriage license.

Same sex marriage is now legal in almost every state. Finally. Like 10 more to go.

And then yes I do want to see multiple spouse marriages and inter family marriages follow the same path.

"Any 2+ consenting living human beings."

That is how marriage needs to be defined.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#18 Feb 7, 2015
One wrote:
Slippery slope arguments like people marrying animals, dead people, or sex toys are not valid because those cannot give consent much less file for a marriage license.
So, you want to deny me love based in a technicality??

Bigot!!!!
ncrespi

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Feb 9, 2015
[QUOTE who= Slippery slope arguments like people marrying animals, dead people, or sex toys are not valid because those cannot give consent much less file for a marriage license.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but animals, dead people and sex toys are much cheaper to divorce. No prenups.
ncrespi

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Feb 9, 2015
angelabagaas wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree I don't know why a woman would allow herself to believe that she does not deserve a man to give him all of her but rather asks that he be shared. These women need to raise up and realize they need a man that will love them and only them. You don't keep sewing your wild oats in marriage and try to tell people it't not exactly that.
I'm not/will ever be a polygamist, and am not defending them. I can see where you're coming from, and, believe you don't get the point. The Browns allege to do this because of religious convictions. Whether it's sincere or not, I wouldn't know, so I have to take them on their word. You are looking
at it from a different unrelated angle.
Justin

United States

#21 Feb 9, 2015
Well, this guy isn't the first to father children with multiple women (or vice versa). The fact that they're married means they're saving the tax payers money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 8 min Chantel 33,189
News Obama to 5-Year-Old Gay Marriage Advocate: 'Cou... 26 min Fa-Foxy 50
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr tongangodz 3,751
News Phoenix-area pastors consider gay marriage mess... (Oct '14) 1 hr Fire Wall 18
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 2 hr Fire Wall 81
News Christian faith comes in many flavors 2 hr Fire Wall 4
News Ireland same-sex marriage 3 hr NoahLovesU 106
More from around the web