Attorney promises national push for s...

Attorney promises national push for same-sex marriage

There are 2 comments on the WKBT story from Jun 26, 2013, titled Attorney promises national push for same-sex marriage. In it, WKBT reports that:

In the wake of Wednesday's Supreme Court ruling effectively allowing gay and lesbian couples to marry in California, one of the key attorneys who led the legal fight against the state's ban on same-sex marriage told CNN it will open the door to push same-sex marriages in other states.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKBT.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Jun 27, 2013
Thank you, Counselors.

We couldn't have had better champions for our causes.

So MANY people are and will be in your debt, including your own descendents who will be able to say, "My great grandpa did that!"

What a great service you have given us, this nation, and your posterity.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Jun 27, 2013
It will likely take 5 years for the next case (maybe the Michigan case of DeBoer v Synder) to make it to the SCOTUS.

We're on track to have marriage equality nationwide before the end of the decade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Royal Wedding: 'Beverly Hills' pumped for its p... 22 hr Concerned White 14
News Al Sharpton: Royal Wedding Shows 'Last Breath' ... 23 hr OccupyThis 191
News Doria Ragland and her daughter Meghan Markle Thu Satan 21
News For Some African-Americans, Meghan Markle Is Ca... Thu Blacks are inferior 7
News 'The blackest moment in global pop culture sinc... Thu GeezAlready 3
News Gay Kentucky man loses bid to challenge GOP cle... Wed Used to be a Demo... 9
News African-Americans hail royal wedding's nod to b... May 23 Lori899 8